[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

18 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Yes . Queen Yeon 

Oh, she will act as more than one character! Daebak!

I'm sure she will slay them all!

Hope this drama will get a good ratings! Fighting!

:issohappy:

credit to the owner

• Shocked 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 2
  • Blob 2

1 hour ago, enzek said:

Ikr, this is such an unexpected surprise! I can’t wait to see her showcase her mad acting skills :love:

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

17 minutes ago, elan1 said:

Ikr, this is such an unexpected surprise! I can’t wait to see her showcase her mad acting skills 

Yes and this isn't the first time her role as a queen in Korean drama:fullofhearts:

credit to the owner

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 3

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

the more sohyun the better

they should make her play one of the villains too 

Yes!! I miss villain sso:love: but atleast we could see yeom ga jin flying :glasses:

1 hour ago, enzek said:

When fans thought she’s only pyeonggang and yeom ga Jin, then we got this twist. I’m excited to see queen mother KSH!

I hope so too, but since we can’t (I-fans) contribute to it, let’s just hope that this drama will get a lot of buzz and recognitions.

• Like 1
  • Blob 3

48 minutes ago, enzek said:

Yes and this isn't the first time her role as a queen in Korean drama

She was also queen in Ruler after marriage (I think?) :) but that was at the end of drama 

44 minutes ago, yeli said:

Yes!! I miss villain sso:love: but atleast we could see yeom ga jin flying :glasses:

When fans thought she’s only pyeonggang and yeom ga Jin, then we got this twist. I’m excited to see queen mother KSH!

I hope so too, but since we can’t (I-fans) contribute to it, let’s just hope that this drama will get a lot of buzz and recognitions.

Flying > villain! But hope to see her villainess again some day :) 

ikr we were already happy with pyeong and yeom :lol: but we got even more blessings :relaxed:

• Love 2

“River Were the Moon Rises” A four-member poster of the drama has been unveiled.

“River Were the Moon Rises” Sad Love Preview – Kim So-Hyun, Jisoo, Lee Ji-hoon, Choi Yoo-Hwa, four-member poster released

KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” (written by Han Ji-hoon and directed by Yoon Sang-ho) which is scheduled to premiere on 15 Feb 2021, depicts the true love story of Princess Pyeong-gang (played by Kim So-Hyun), whose life was all about Goguryeo, and General On-dal (played by Ji-soo), who made love history. It is drawing attention as a historical drama romance that adds historical imagination to the story of Goguryeo’s Sulhwa, Princess Pyeonggang, and General Ondal, which everyone has heard at least once.

Kim So-Hyun

Meanwhile, posters of four people, Pyeong-gang (Kim So-Hyun), On-dal (Ji-soo), Goh-gun (Lee Ji-hoon), and Hae-mo-Yong (Choi Yu-Hwa), who will lead the “River Where the Moon Rises” was released on February 4. The poster, which captures only four faces without any other direction, highlights the actors’ potential to convey the drama with their eyes only. First of all, Pyeong-gang and On-dal, who are shedding tears, are eye-catching. Though looking at different places, the images of the two men with the same facial expressions make Viewers hearts shudder, hinting at sad love.

River Were the Moon RisesRiver Were the Moon Rises (Photo=SBS)

READ ALSO: Korean drama in February 2021- February 2021 Will blast with the following Dramas

Kim So-Hyun, the “River Were the Moon Rises” will transform into a Goguryeo queen

KIM SO-HYUNPhoto credit to SBS

The Drama is drawing attention as a work that will revive the spirit of Goguryeo Kingdom in the small screen in 2021, this series will Centre around Kim So-Hyung Who will play dual Role.

River Were the Moon RisesQueen Yeon-River Were the Moon Rises

Attention is focusing on her acting transformation as she will play the best character of Queen Yeon, the Mother of Pyeong-gang, and will try to play a double role.
Queen Yeon, the mother of Pyeonggang, was the queen of Goguryeo who constantly tried to think about and practice what would be Good for the people. She rose to the throne at an early age, but acts with determination when it comes to her beliefs. She is also a mother who nurtured Pyeong-gang and Tae-ja-won in a benevolent and wise manner.

READ ALSO: Complete Cast and Trailers Of “River Where the Moon Rises”

Meanwhile, KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “Moonrise River” will premiere at 9:30 p.m. on Monday, February 15

Kim So-Hyun in a dual role, and With Ji-soo, how do you think they will fit the Role of Pyeong-gang (Queen Yeon) and On-dal stories that everyone knows?

https://www.mydramafans.com/river-were-the-moon-rises/

• Like 3
  • Blob 2

choose your battleship :joy:

@raziela Kang Ha Neul and Queen sohyun looks so good together! I hope they have a star-crossed love story where they originally love each other but couldn’t be together due to politics so that’s why she married the king :P

@Ameera Ali which oppa are you choosing? I suppose she the queen and can have as many male consorts she wants :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Blob 1

Historical FYI:

1. No one knows the actual identity of Pyeongwon of Goguryeo's wife

2. Princess "Pyeonggang" is actually neither her princess name nor her actual name: it was derived from her father King Pyeongwon's posthumous name "King PyeonggangSangho" (평강상호왕)

3. The Crown Prince Go Won (another name is "Dae-won") later succeeds his father as the 26th ruler of Goguryeo King Yeongyang (영양왕)

4. During this time East Asia was in a turmoil:
-Goguryeo is on the brink of collapse: King Yeong'yang's successor, his younger brother King Yeongnyu, was assassinated by the General Yeon Gaesomun (in retaliation for a planned assassination), who as generalissimo(대막리지) installed a nephew, King Bojang (the last ruler of Goguryeo)
-Silla & Baekje's alliance already fell apart (so much for that scene in "Hwarang")
-in mainland China the short-lived Sui Dynasty is collapsing as well (due to multiple construction projects and campaigns against Goguryeo), while the Tang Dynasty is in an ascent (to which Silla will enter into an alliance, and proceed to totally destroy Goguryeo)

IMO, the decision to cast Princess Pyeonggang's mother as belonging to the Yeon clan might be related to Yeon Gaesomun in the future

Comment from the latest KSH Soompi article. Ok, time to study err Wikipedia these Kingdoms of Korea.:tightdeadline:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 2

43 minutes ago, yeli said:

Historical FYI:

2. Princess "Pyeonggang" is actually neither her princess name nor her actual name: it was derived from her father King Pyeongwon's posthumous name "King PyeonggangSangho" (평강상호왕)

3. The Crown Prince Go Won (another name is "Dae-won") later succeeds his father as the 26th ruler of Goguryeo King Yeongyang (영양왕)

-Goguryeo is on the brink of collapse: King Yeong'yang's successor, his younger brother King Yeongnyu, was assassinated by the General Yeon Gaesomun (in retaliation for a planned assassination), who as generalissimo(대막리지) installed a nephew, King Bojang (the last ruler of Goguryeo)
-Silla & Baekje's alliance already fell apart (so much for that scene in "Hwarang")
-in mainland China the short-lived Sui Dynasty is collapsing as well (due to multiple construction projects and campaigns against Goguryeo), while the Tang Dynasty is in an ascent (to which Silla will enter into an alliance, and proceed to totally destroy Goguryeo)

IMO, the decision to cast Princess Pyeonggang's mother as belonging to the Yeon clan might be related to Yeon Gaesomun in the future

Comment from the latest KSH Soompi article. Ok, time to study err Wikipedia these Kingdoms of Korea.

Wowwww such good

informations! I love it :love:

• Like 1
  • Blob 2

21 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

these queen are so handful and dangerous :joy:

your memes/gifs are so on spot! I still recalled what a genius you were at making them LOL :lol:

the guys better be good, obedient hubbies, they be married to some fierce women :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

On 2/5/2021 at 6:06 AM, Breeze said:

Daughter and mother

The little girl playing little Pyeonggang is sooooo cute!  Can't wait to see her scenes with Queen maa KSH^_^

On 2/5/2021 at 6:30 AM, enzek said:

This stills is Kim So Hyun character as the Queen's Yeon right? Because she has the bun hairstyle which is for the married woman.

If she is the princess Pyeong Gang, then her hair will be like the usual freely long since she is still a maiden.

credit to the owner

Other than this drama has Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo as the main casts and the interesting plot, the reason I'm excited to watch this drama is because it is set on the Goguryeo dynasty. It was way before the dynasty in Mr Queen which is Joseon dynasty and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo which is Goryeo dynasty.

The dynasty in order:

GoguryeoArrow GIFGoryeoArrow GIFJoseon

I'm so ready to watch our talented main casts, So Hyun and Ji Soo and also the other casts in the gorgeous costumes and hairstyle! It just less than 10 days left.

River Where the Moon Rises fighting!

This is such a nice surprise that KSH will be playing the Queen too. She looks stunning

Thanks so much for expanding regarding Goguryeo.  I've seen the drama referred to as Goryeo and Goguryeo so I wasn't sure which era was correct or if they were interchangeable. Really excited to have a drama set in this period as they are few and far between compared to Joseon period dramas.

9 hours ago, elan1 said:

@raziela Kang Ha Neul and Queen sohyun looks so good together! I hope they have a star-crossed love story where they originally love each other but couldn’t be together due to politics so that’s why she married the king :P

@Ameera Ali which oppa are you choosing? I suppose she the queen and can have as many male consorts she wants :lol:

I love it!  :lol::lol::lol: I love that KHN's hotness has us imagining  a romantic storyline for him too.  I know it's cameo but what a waste of his hotness to not get any love in the drama.  He needs to play the romantic male lead in another Goguryeo period drama so we can fully enjoy this hotness.

6 hours ago, yeli said:

Historical FYI:

Comment from the latest KSH Soompi article. Ok, time to study err Wikipedia these Kingdoms of Korea.:tightdeadline:

Thanks for all the history.   I am wondering about the role of Crown Prince Go Won and Pyeonggang's relationship with him in the drama as he doesn't seem to be a central character considering he is the Crown Prince and in real life he became King after his father.

• Love 1
  • Blob 3

8 hours ago, raziela said:

The little girl playing little Pyeonggang is sooooo cute!  Can't wait to see her scenes with Queen maa KSH^_^

This is such a nice surprise that KSH will be playing the Queen too. She looks stunning

Thanks so much for expanding regarding Goguryeo.  I've seen the drama referred to as Goryeo and Goguryeo so I wasn't sure which era was correct or if they were interchangeable. Really excited to have a drama set in this period as they are few and far between compared to Joseon period dramas.

I love it!  :lol::lol::lol: I love that KHN's hotness has us imagining  a romantic storyline for him too.  I know it's cameo but what a waste of his hotness to not get any love in the drama.  He needs to play the romantic male lead in another Goguryeo period drama so we can fully enjoy this hotness.

Thanks for all the history.   I am wondering about the role of Crown Prince Go Won and Pyeonggang's relationship with him in the drama as he doesn't seem to be a central character considering he is the Crown Prince and in real life he became King after his father.

Ikr I’m dying already at imagining all the cute interactions with the kids :love:

yes! Another historical drama with KHN & Sohyun as romantic leads please :glasses:

im thinking that Pyeong has a wonderful relationship with her brother and will ultimately support him being the king :) 

• Like 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 2