[Drama 2021] River Where the Moon Rises, 달이 뜨는 강

elan1

Ji Soo, Kim So Hyun, Lee Ji Hoon, And Choi Yoo Hwa Are Entangled In A Sad Love Story In Poster For “River Where The Moon Rises”

Ji Soo, Kim So Hyun, Lee Ji Hoon, And Choi Yoo Hwa Are Entangled In A Sad Love Story In Poster For “River Where The Moon Rises”

KBS 2TV’s new Monday-Tuesday drama “River Where the Moon Rises” released a new poster with the four lead characters!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (Ji Soo).

On February 4, a poster was revealed with these two along with Lee Ji Hoon, who will play Go Geon, a top elite general of Goguryeo, and Choi Yoo Hwa, who will play the enchanting Hae Mo Yong. The poster, which simply features their four faces, highlights the potential of the actors to deliver the story with just their gazes.

Pyeonggang and On Dal catch one’s eye first because of their tearful expressions. Although they are looking towards different directions, they have the same expression on their faces. It’s as if they’re suggesting the sad love story that is to come.

All there is to the original story is that princess Pyeonggang marries the fool On Dal, who becomes a general and fights for Goguryeo. But the poster raises the question of what more must have happened in their tale of love to make them cry like so.

Their love story will become even more eventful as they get involved with Go Geon and Hae Mo Yong. Go Geon and Hae Mo Yong are both characters that pursue their interests in Pyeonggang and Go Geon, respectively, in a direct manner. Their gazes have a level of intensity and sadness that hint at their yearning for what they want and their pain for knowing what they can’t have.

The chemistry between the four individuals stands out despite the unique atmospheres exuded by each actor. Anticipation is rising for how the drama will depict the additional elements to the commonly known story of Pyeonggang and On Dal.

“River Where the Moon Rises” will premiere February 15 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452452wpp/ji-soo-kim-so-hyun-lee-ji-hoon-and-choi-yoo-hwa-are-entangled-in-a-sad-love-story-in-poster-for-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

11 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

hi @elan1 yes friend I am gonna watch it , so fan of her 

awesome! I love your comments and posts in the past, they were insightful and hilarious :lol:

It has been awhile since I participated in a drama thread lol 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 2

37 minutes ago, elan1 said:

awesome! I love your comments and posts in the past, they were insightful and hilarious :lol:

It has been awhile since I participated in a drama thread lol 

nice to see you again  :relaxed:

Spoiler

Are you not watching any other drama , if you not that much in other thread why not try sub and add thread you will love it , it’s friendly and we talk about random dramas and topics 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Are you not watching any other drama , if you not that much in other thread why not try sub and add thread you will love it , it’s friendly and we talk about random dramas and topics 

What a coincidence!?! I am! I just started going to that thread today (someone else told me about it today) :joy: Generally I’ve been watching dramas with one friend, but we generally just talked together, her and I only lol 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

4 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

@elan1 Yes, Im gonna watch it, although I dont like the love triangle...:D

I’m somewhat hoping that if/when ondal dies according to the folktale... fl can go be with 2ml after time jump :P

7 minutes ago, rocher22 said:

KHN looks powerful on the screen

So powerful that my cellphone screen just cracked a little :glasses:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

On 2/3/2021 at 6:15 AM, yeli said:

Kang Ha Neul Is A Charismatic General Protecting His Kingdom In “River Where The Moon Rises”

Wow! This styling is really favourable for him. He looks so handsome and manly:love:   Funny that he is playing Ji Soo's dad when Ji Soo is only a 3 years younger than him. 

Side note: I didn't realise Kang Ha Neul was only 30 years old until I just googled him. I always thought he was older:o

• Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

Kim So Hyun To Play Both Mother And Daughter In Upcoming Drama “River Where The Moon Rises”

Feb 5, 2021
by E. Cha

Kim So Hyun will be taking on more than one role in her upcoming drama “River Where the Moon Rises”!

A reinterpretation of a classic Goguryeo folk tale, KBS 2TV’s “River Where the Moon Rises” will tell the famous love story of Princess Pyeonggang (played by Kim So Hyun) and On Dal (played by Ji Soo).

On February 5, the highly-anticipated drama revealed a sneak peek of Kim So Hyun’s dual roles: not only will the actress be starring as Princess Pyeonggang, but she will also be playing Queen Yeon, Pyeonggang’s mother.

Although Queen Yeon ascended to the throne at a young age, she is strong-willed and steadfast in her beliefs, and she is constantly thinking of ways to help the people of the kingdom and put her ideas into practice. She is also a loving and affectionate mother who raises her royal daughter and son wisely.

In the newly released stills, Kim So Hyun exudes a regal, elegant aura as the lavishly dressed Queen Yeon. One photo shows the queen gazing warmly at her son, the crown prince Go Won, while another captures her worrying about her kingdom.

Kim-So-Hyun-2.jpg

Spoiler

Kim-So-Hyun-3.jpg

Kim-So-Hyun-4.jpg

The producers of “River Where the Moon Rises” commented, “Kim So Hyun will make an impactful acting transformation by playing the dual roles of Queen Yeon and Pyeonggang. While taking on the challenge of acting out maternal love for the first time, Kim So Hyun displayed a new aura that she had never shown before, which left everyone on set in awe.”

“Queen Yeon will play a crucial role in the story early on in the drama, and Queen Yeon is also the character who has the most influence on Pyeonggang’s personality and disposition,” they continued. “It will be fun to compare Queen Yeon from the beginning of the drama with Pyeonggang later on.”

“River Where the Moon Rises” also unveiled new stills of Choi Yoo Hwa in her role as Hae Mo Yong, a beautiful and powerful woman who is determined to control Goguryeo and play with the kingdom as she wishes.

When asked to rate how much her real-life personality matched that of her character, Choi Yoo Hwa replied, “50 percent. We’re similar in the way that, when we’re interacting with someone we like or facing a difficulty, we show all our cards and try to be honest in solving the problem. However, Hae Mo Yong is very quick-witted and can see through people to figure out what it is they want, and I don’t think I’m that calculating.”

Choi-Yoo-Hwa-2.jpg

https://www.soompi.com/article/1452611wpp/kim-so-hyun-to-play-both-mother-and-daughter-in-upcoming-drama-river-where-the-moon-rises

• Love 1
  • Wiggle 4

50-F3-D142-35-FA-43-D4-93-BB-90-EF1-EFA6
5-E98-CA6-F-80-D7-45-E6-99-A6-D9-AD9233-
sohyun is so beautiful :love:

25 minutes ago, Breeze said:

Kim So Hyun will make an impactful acting transformation by playing the dual roles of Queen Yeon and Pyeonggang.

she’s playing the mother at age 21 :lol::love:

6 hours ago, raziela said:

Funny that he is playing Ji Soo's dad when Ji Soo is only a 3 years younger than him. 

Side note: I didn't realise Kang Ha Neul was only 30 years old until I just googled him. I always thought he was older

IKR. They both could compete for sohyun as love rivals if the drama wanted to :joy: father vs son lol 

The entire cast is HOT

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1

EVENT: My Ultimate Oppa - Part 2

Your request has been granted. :kiss_wink: We put up a new My Ultimate Oppa poll!

This time featuring:

Ahjussi oppas, Super Ahjussi oppas, Grandpa oppas and Keanu Reeves

Please vote for your favorites!

re: @Lmangla

:partyblob:

• Love 1
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

This stills is Kim So Hyun character as the Queen's Yeon right? Because she has the bun hairstyle which is for the married woman.

If she is the princess Pyeong Gang, then her hair will be like the usual freely long since she is still a maiden.

credit to the owner

Other than this drama has Kim So Hyun and Ji Soo as the main casts and the interesting plot, the reason I'm excited to watch this drama is because it is set on the Goguryeo dynasty. It was way before the dynasty in Mr Queen which is Joseon dynasty and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo which is Goryeo dynasty.

The dynasty in order:

GoguryeoArrow GIFGoryeoArrow GIFJoseon

I'm so ready to watch our talented main casts, So Hyun and Ji Soo and also the other casts in the gorgeous costumes and hairstyle! It just less than 10 days left.

River Where the Moon Rises fighting!

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

14 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I hope to see many cute mother/daughter moments 

I hope . I thougt how many ep child actors will play, will we see the main cast two or three ep later ? Because ıwanted to see Sohyun early. And now we learned Sohyun will be in all episodes :sparklyeyes:

17 minutes ago, backstreetboysfan said:

The new stills looks amazing.

Sohyun looks amazing .

7 minutes ago, enzek said:

This stills is Kim So Hyun character as the Queen's Yeon right? Because she has the bun hairstyle for the married woman.

Yes . Queen Yeon ;)

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 3
  • Blob 1

16 minutes ago, Breeze said:

hope . I thougt how many ep child actors will play, will we see the main cast two or three ep later ? Because ıwanted to see Sohyun early. And now we learned Sohyun will be in all episodes 

the more sohyun the better :love: they should make her play one of the villains too :lol:

hurry FEB 15 :glasses::bawling:

25 minutes ago, enzek said:

the reason I'm excited to watch this drama is because it is set on the Goguryeo dynasty. It was way before the dynasty in Mr Queen which is Joseon dynasty and Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo which is Goryeo dynasty.

The dynasty in order:

Goguryeo

Goryeo

thank u for explanation and insight :) 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2