[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

OMG. Ep 2 is love! Kim Mi Seok and his gf are so cute! I laughed so hard at the popcorn! And the shock of JCW the morning after was really heartbreaking. I feel him. Haha.

Ok, loving this drama officially. They explore really interesting topics and the scenes are very well executed. 

But hello, how come so few are coming here to chat about it? 

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

Episode 2 was sooooo good 

Omgggg

The chemistry is to DIE FOR 

oh God 

I can watch today's epi like forever 

Is the director or casting director on insta or Twitter 

Coz I really really want to thank them for casting JCW and JW coz omggg they look so freaking good together and complement each other in so many levels 

Issshhhhhh

It's trending at no 9 in my country 

• Like 2

Soooo I got spoilered of course by the way of social media universe, but that's okay. 

As expected (and hoped) the interview format was a bit relaxed. but I still love it, especially since both sides of each couples story will be told. Plus, I figured, they can comment on each other's stories - so they'd sooner or later find out, and this would provide more possibilities of them meeting each other. Also, the webdrama format offers the possibilty to be more relatable than the network dramas currently. 

It was funny when in the end, Eun oh said she knows exactly who he is, what he is doing and that he is doing this interview. One might think that she decided to do this, because of him. Then again, maybe that's just my conjecture, but the ending frame, both of them in similar posture, makes me think so. He curses her out, and she is flippantly saying what happened, but also there are many things left unsaid, too. Those things are what is REALLY interesting. 

I've read some people not enjoying Eun Oh's weird girl vibes, though I don'T think that's her real personality, or at least the over-the-top thing is somethign she felt she needed to do, just like she wanted to overcome fears and stop saying no. 

The story opened with the cousin and his gf and I really enjoyed their vibes, because it felt so natural and absent the romantic story, but something that happens in real life. I'm also looking forward to see the story about the gym teacher and the novelist, as the latter is sort of isolated, while the former is very much 'you go get it girl'. 

• Like 2

The reaction to the romantic scenes in episode 2 HAS BEEN EXPLOSIVE 

PEOPLE R SHOUTING CRYING IN HAPPINESS FAINTING DROOLING at the romantic scenes 

Usually we wait for such scenes towards the end but here it just EXPLODED IN THE BEGINNING ITSELF 

JCW was indeed right when he said about skinship... But man I didn't know they will show to this extent 

This is SUCH A MAKE UP FOR US GIVEN WE GOT NOTHING IN BACKSTREET ROOKIE FOR some lame controversies 

Geez I m so glad it's Ji won with JCW

I cudnt enjoy any of the romantic scenes between yoona and him in k2 for lack of chemistry 

And this is like Omgggg 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Blob 1

A lot of people were surprised, but I think the message behind the skinship should be taken away , and not just that this is a bed scene. Yes, it was a "daring" scene, but also a realistic one - removed with the embellishment of 20 episodes of yearning (a time span of idk how many months, in some cases years) of other stories depicted in kdrama.

I'm more interested in the story of this couple that has happened, the story that hasn't been told yet. Clearly, there is much more to know about this relationship beyond the summer fling. Yes, it happened during summer. Yes, it was some kind of  whirlwind romance - BUT everything points to there being more than that. Why else would they talk about each other STILL to this day, a year later? Why would she give the interview, when she knows who he is, when it will come out who she REALLY is?

There are some who give Jaewon flack for falling in love "after 10 minutes" in a car. I don't think it happened that way, just that hindsight is 20/20. And that he was in love, but that was the first moment he really noticed her. 

In any case, the mystery is when he told her after a week that he loved her, she just smiled mysteriously. That mystery is what is left unsaid. What has been "stolen". 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Jae Won’s falling in love with her came across natural and realistic to me. Love at first sight happens! Plus in a holiday setting like that, love can happen easily. 

I’m intrigued by Eun Oh and want to know her backstory. Has she been hurt? Why was she trying to be someone else? Her narration of her surfing experience reminds me of someone I know who wouldn’t explore beyond her comfort zone. There were lots of things she wanted to try but didn’t dare. Maybe Eun Oh was like that and that’s why she said Jae Won was a gift to her cos he gave her the guts to push beyond her boundaries.

The discussion of sex was so freeing and very realistic. Women not acting all coy and innocent while the men didn’t come across as experts who know it all. I like! 

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

D A M N!! That kiss and bed scene was hot. Making everyone hard to breath. Definitely on a whole ‘nother level. 

Lee Eun Oh is definitely mysterious indeed. When PJW suggested that they should meet up in Seoul, she just looked at him and smiled and when he said he loved her, she responded back with another smile. I’m looking forward to her displaying her true self. 

On the other hand, I feel bad for PJW. If I was him, I would feel the same. He felt something and thought she did too.. he was made/upset that she suddenly disappeared. He felt tricked. 

• Like 4
  • Thirsty 1

Albeit that was one of the most raw and hottest bed scene in the kdrama history, but I was crying when I watched it. We can feel their pain tho. Jae won eyes.... OMG... it was desperation and lust, and after the mysterious smile that she gave to him after he confessed, I can see his confusion and tears. Eun Oh smile... I can see her hide a sad secret... That conflicted feeling that she has... 

Everything was so details :cries:

Sad that many people only see it as a bed scene, not seeing the details and their pain... It was bittersweet beautiful...

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, Ale _ida said:

Albeit that was one of the most raw and hottest bed scene in the kdrama history, but I was crying when I watched it. We can feel their pain tho. Jae won eyes.... OMG... it was desperation and lust, and after the mysterious smile that she gave to him after he confessed, I can see his confusion and tears. Eun Oh smile... I can see her hide a sad secret... That conflicted feeling that she has... ..

I agree. It was so raw and private, the way it was shot, it made me feel very self-conscious watching this moment between the two. Taking a moment to fangirl the director here because It's just breathtaking. 

I think the smile was bittersweet, not really mysterious, when he said he loved her. Not once, but twice, like a reaffirmation. It should be kept in mind that the interview subjects will not necessarily say the truth of how they feel or what has happened. So their dialogue conflicts with their actions. 

Also beyond the bed scene, I really like this in between the kisses and sleeping together:

img.gif

credit: jijelly 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, agenth said:

I agree. It was so raw and private, the way it was shot, it made me feel very self-conscious watching this moment between the two. Taking a moment to fangirl the director here because It's just breathtaking. 

I think the smile was bittersweet, not really mysterious, when he said he loved her. Not once, but twice, like a reaffirmation. It should be kept in mind that the interview subjects will not necessarily say the truth of how they feel or what has happened. So their dialogue conflicts with their actions. 

Also beyond the bed scene, I really like this in between the kisses and sleeping together:

Me tooo... it showed how he was still embarrassed but on the other hand, he gave himself up to her. It was so lovely...

• Like 1

Anyone can post the link where the PD praised JCW at the press con? I saw on Insta that he said to the effect that JCW does not behave like a star. He said JCW’s family environment must have contributed to that and even added he wants to learn from JCW.

Edit: I saw the translated copy at Jichangwookkitchen.com:Regarding the reason for casting him, Director Park Shin Woo said, “Just looking at Ji Chang Wook’s face makes me feel good.  He comes with natural manners and natural sweetness,” he said.  “It’s a style that makes people feel good even when they don’t like it,” he said. “I’m curious about the home environment.  How can you be so big?  He’s a star, but he doesn’t seem to act like a huge star,” PD-nim Park said, drawing attention.

Full article is here: https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2020/12/22/event-drama-ji-chang-wook-attends-press-conference-for-lovestruck-in-the-city/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mizzy said:

Anyone can post the link where the PD praised JCW at the press con? I saw on Insta that he said to the effect that JCW does not behave like a star. He said JCW’s family environment must have contributed to that and even added he wants to learn from JCW.

Edit: I saw the translated copy at Jichangwookkitchen.com:Regarding the reason for casting him, Director Park Shin Woo said, “Just looking at Ji Chang Wook’s face makes me feel good.  He comes with natural manners and natural sweetness,” he said.  “It’s a style that makes people feel good even when they don’t like it,” he said. “I’m curious about the home environment.  How can you be so big?  He’s a star, but he doesn’t seem to act like a huge star,” PD-nim Park said, drawing attention.

Full article is here: https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2020/12/22/event-drama-ji-chang-wook-attends-press-conference-for-lovestruck-in-the-city/

The engsub for jcw part is here https://www.instagram.com/tv/CJSGk0np_Jx/?igshid=hvui5qoetvm8

it’s from U_Simjo youtube but it was blocked by kakaotv.

I posted a part of that here 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@cherkell

I'm not sure that Park Jae-Won said he had one-nights over 5 times, at least not in the preview. His interview part seemed to be more a continuation of what Eun-Oh said (that it's weird to kiss first thing as if they had been lovers for years), that she overreacted. They just both sound defensive regarding their time together. 

Although I may be wrong since they inserted Oh Sun-Young's interview part in between them, telling men to be more open-minded. And also I haven't had coffee yet ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, agenth said:

@cherkell

I'm not sure that Park Jae-Won said he had one-nights over 5 times, at least not in the preview. His interview part seemed to be more a continuation of what Eun-Oh said (that it's weird to kiss first thing as if they had been lovers for years), that she overreacted. They just both sound defensive regarding their time together. 

Although I may be wrong since they inserted Oh Sun-Young's interview part in between them, telling men to be more open-minded. And also I haven't had coffee yet ;)

Mianhaeyo.  I reposted a better translation because I screwed up on the first one.  It was hard to hear Wook's usual mumbling through my iPhone and it sounded to me like he said "went over [something] times [or lines]."  Live and learn.  :grimace:

• Like 1

Good report on Lovestruck In The City by The Korea Herald.

The star-studded lineup featuring Ji Chang-wook and Kim Ji-won was another reason the drama series instantly caught people’s interest, with over 940,000 views on Kakao TV for the premiere in its first 24 hours.

Full report at:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/m.koreaherald.com/amp/view.php%3fud=20201223001088

• Like 2
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Mizzy said:

Good report on Lovestruck In The City by The Korea Herald.

The star-studded lineup featuring Ji Chang-wook and Kim Ji-won was another reason the drama series instantly caught people’s interest, with over 940,000 views on Kakao TV for the premiere in its first 24 hours.

Full report at:

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/m.koreaherald.com/amp/view.php%3fud=20201223001088

I think the fact that both build a strong chemistry in the drama also helped despite the time frame being so short everything was perfect. As I said before, many may find the interview scenes annoying but I think it’s unique and it makes the drama even more special. 

• Like 4