[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] City Couple’s Way of Love/Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑 - Tue & Fri @ 17:00 KST

The series seems to have been extended to 16 episodes from 12, at least that's on netflix's site. 

Wonderful! I had a feeling 12 episodes wouldn't do this justice. 

I was only able to see parts of the interview and it has been said that the chemistry between the lead couple is great, which the photos do prove. I really admire the cinematography, similar to It's Okay Not To be Okay. That PD knows what to do. Can't wait to see the episode!

// edit to add Episode 1 impressions:

aaaaah I love this so much already. Not only is it the return of my fave JCW to screen, but his pairing with KJW. And I was looking forward to a nice story.

I didn't quite know what to expect, despite following the news about this drama - because the format I got was quite different from the usual kdrama romances. 

It's such a novel concept to the kdrama scene. The episode nicely introduces the characters and their basic data and you can see their personalities by the way they answer the interview questions and later the punch lines. I like how these three couples and six people are fused together by living in this city and by the relationship stories. 

It's pretty neat that they can read the story and then comment - the reactions are gold and connects the people together. There have been some witty one-liners already. It's pretty much like a forum or online diary.

Spoiler

screenshot-34.png

The stories are portrayed as the characters have experienced them, and the reminder from the narrator, that this might be true or false, was a cheeky hint, disrupting the narration in an elegant way. 

And as I said, the cinematography... the colors. It's truly resplendent. It makes me feel as if I'm the one on holiday. There's a stark contrast between now and then. By the end of the episode I was feeling very sad that it will take until Friday for a new episode to arrive. 30 minutes are too short! 

also I read KJW has aquaphobia, but still took this role and challenge on. AND SHE KILLED IT.

Spoiler

img.gif

credit: heyum07

• Like 5

The format for the show is fresh, the visuals are excellent, and the dialogues/one-liners are quite cute. But I felt a tad bored with all the interviews. I hope that was just in ep 1 and we get to see the stories in the upcoming episode. 

30 mins is too short though. Oh well.

• Like 2

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑 - Tue & Fri @ 17:00 KST
8 hours ago, Mizzy said:

The format for the show is fresh, the visuals are excellent, and the dialogues/one-liners are quite cute. But I felt a tad bored with all the interviews. I hope that was just in ep 1 and we get to see the stories in the upcoming episode. 

30 mins is too short though. Oh well.

I think the interviews are going to go through all 16 episodes, although it's possible that they'd cut back the amount once the characters meet each other in the present. 

For now, there is another interview, talking about first nights, to preview episode 2:

and a video clip of my favourite scene, ending with my favourite time of the day:

• Like 5

I’m loving it so far. It’s fresh and different from other dramas. Some others my not like the interview scenes and want to get straight to the actual storyline but I really enjoy it. 

Plus, the chemistry between JCW and KJW are on fire. 

Also, is it just me or does So Ju Yeon reminds anyone of a young Im Soo Jung? Maybe it’s just me. She’s so cute. 

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

48 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

I’m loving it so far. It’s fresh and different from other dramas. Some others my not like the interview scenes and want to get straight to the actual storyline but I really enjoy it. 

Plus, the chemistry between JCW and KJW are on fire. 

Agree. I like that this is a story as if told to friends, so it's pretty subjective and the content is made more relatable as this is supposed to be a story of the things that happen to people and how they feel. 

As for chemistry... :

Ep5q-Liz-Xc-AEEjwn.jpg

Spoiler

Ep1-WWlq-Vo-AM8-Uwx.jpg

Ep7-Fo-KXUYAAZCBM.jpg

Ep7FnzZUYAEJrly?format=jpg&name=900x900
Ep7-OB0p-UUAE2ik-Q.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I watched it again and it was better. Maybe I’d watched it when I was tired. Or it’s a matter of preferences. I realized I’d liked some shows when I was younger but now no longer do. While some shows that the younger audiences cringe at, I love them. Eg. Backstreet Rookie. Appreciation of art is always subjective. :lol:

But the story is interesting. A summer fling that had 2 people agonizing over after a year? I’d watch that. And I wanna watch the story of Oh Sun Young. She looks like the feisty one with lots of character. 

• Like 1

Merry Christmas!! 

Today's the airing date for Episode 2. so they released some more stills, one that I already posted before: 

https://www.soompi.com/article/1445319wpp/kim-ji-won-and-ji-chang-wook-are-seconds-away-from-a-kiss-in-lovestruck-in-the-city

Kim Ji Won And Ji Chang Wook Are Seconds Away From A Kiss In “Lovestruck In The City”

Dec 25, 2020
by U. Kim

KakaoTV’s “Lovestruck in the City” revealed sweet stills of Ji Chang Wook and Kim Ji Won!

“Lovestruck in the City” is a new short-form romance drama that follows the realistic love lives of young people fighting to survive in the hectic city. It is currently being produced with multiple seasons in mind, and the upcoming first season is entitled “My Lovable Camera Thief” (literal translation).

Ji Chang Wook plays Park Jae Won, an honest and passionate architect who is a hopeless romantic when it comes to love. After a woman that he calls “the camera thief” steals his heart one summer night and then disappears, he is unable to get over her—even a year later. Kim Ji Won is the titular “camera thief”—freelance marketer Lee Eun Oh.

New stills show Park Jae Won and Lee Eun Oh just moments before a kiss. They appear to have returned from surfing, and Lee Eun Oh has a scratch on her forehead. Park Jae Won looks at her with worried eyes, and heart-fluttering tension can be felt between them as they lock eyes.

Spoiler

kim-ji-won-ji-chang-wook2.jpg

The second episode of “Lovestruck in the City” will dive deeper into the candid and fearless love lives of young men and women of the city. Park Jae Won and Lee Eun Oh’s romance will begin in earnest, and the love stories of Choi Kyung Joon (Kim Min Seok) and Seo Rin Yi (So Ju Yeon) as well as Oh Sun Young (Han Ji Eun) and Kang Geon (Ryu Kyung Soo) will also unfold.

The producers of “Lovestruck in the City” shared, “The romance of the six men and women of the city tells a story of something that everyone has experienced at least once in their lives. It is a realistic and relatable drama that viewers can project their past and current lives onto. Please look forward to finding out how the romance between Park Jae Won and Lee Eun Oh, who have different stances in the same situation, will progress.”

The next episode of “Lovestruck in the City” will be revealed on December 25 at 5 p.m. KST.

Also, Dramabeans started recapping Lovestruck in the City: https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/12/lovestruck-in-the-city-episode-1/

• Like 3