[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

@elizabethThe format was just right for ep 2. The setup had to be done in ep 1 so the interviews were longer and those who didn’t like it, well, didn’t like it. 

I’m drawn by the questions they ask. Very raw and unabashedly. I’m not in the group age they target but it sure brought back some memories.

I’m so curious why Eun Oh knows so much about Jae Won. Sounds like she has been stalking him a bit. Or maybe they know someone in common? The novelist?  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, cherkell said:

Mianhaeyo.  I reposted a better translation because I screwed up on the first one.  It was hard to hear Wook's usual mumbling through my iPhone and it sounded to me like he said "went over [something] times [or lines]."  Live and learn.  

No need to apologise! I also had to re-watch preview because I couldn't believe he said that hahaha, despite his previous nonchalant interview answers. However, his behaviour makes him seem like he is lying to himself about dating not being a big deal etc. 

4 hours ago, Mizzy said:

I’m so curious why Eun Oh knows so much about Jae Won. Sounds like she has been stalking him a bit. Or maybe they know someone in common? The novelist?  

Googling a person probably, if this is to be contemporary. She does know his real name, in contrast to him. Also, I have a feeling we aren't finished with the summer / YangYang scenes. There have been some in the previews and the scriptreading that look like they actually got married (or something like that hehe) and in the present day, he still noticeably wears a ring. 

The director said for this couple the meaning "faded love", so I'm curious to see what has happened, beyond this initial blow-off. The couple's words lead me to believe that she has done something greater than that. 

The character chart said that the novelist and Jaewon's cousin are friends, plus the cousin couple are also friends with Eun Oh.

Also I found this article on the series on the Decider, who run their series "stream it or skip it". I'm glad to report they judged Lovestruck as "stream it", despite only having seen one episode:

https://decider.com/2020/12/22/lovestruck-in-the-city-netflix-review/

Just had to grin at this: 

Sex and Skin: Talk of sex but no actual sex.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

Enjoyed ep 3 quite a lot! So many LOL moments. And love how the topic of the morning after and one-night stand was tackled. It’s awfully realistic from an emotional perspective. Maybe cos the writer is a woman and I get the feel that the story is quite spot on with the female perspective. It seems like all our guys are pretty serious when it comes to relationships....though I’m not certain about the novelist...he doesn’t come across as an accomplished player. Haha. And PJW is such a romantic fool!

This drama reminds me of a time I used to travel solo and I would come across girls from a certain country. They were wild and would actively look for one-night stand with the locals at a beach reaort. I knew about it cos I was mistaken as one of them and the guys would try to approach me. So this is very real with young adults who are exploring and looking for adventure, and not necessary only in the west.

Btw, I’m now enjoying the interview format very much. The seeming interactions are gold! Definitely naughty and funny.

:hooray2:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 1

More Yangyang scenes to follow! Their date on the field, as briefly seen on the first preview. We have come this far that I worry now, whether there will actually be a happy ending for these two, since there is no guarantee. This is a quite realistic, nuanced drama. Sure, it has firework-moments, but in the next scene those fireworks are destroyed with comments, as if to remind us that this is life. 

It was beautiful that we could hear Eunoh's perspective, if only for a short time. 

Jaewon corrects himself, being reminded of what happened, that he doesn't like strange women anymore. Ahhh but you can't still forget her...

I am immensely enjoying the interview format. Poor Jaewon being teased and mocked by the other interview participants. I really liked how they showed also Eunoh during the repartee and she only spoke up in the end with a rather defensive tone. He still doesn't know that Eunoh is one of the interviewed, as the editor has not shared this information. 

I had thought Writer Geon and Seonyoung would meet in the present day, I was surprised it was 5 years ago. And the words he said that he is open to new things, yet he seems to live a voluntarily single life. One wonders what happened to his popularity he claims he has had. Will Geon and Seonyoung meet again?

• Like 2

@agenth Hmm...yeah, the ending. I am hopeful that they’ll work out. Strictly speaking, they are not one-night stand now but their foundation is weak. Plus the lying on the part of Eun Oh is a major negative against her. But looking at PJW and how he acted toward her, there could be a chance. 

• Like 2

Just noticed that the guys in the drama are gentlemen not assholes. They all made sure they got the girl’s consent before making the next move. I mean based on Eun Oh’s behavior, guys could always accused her of sleeping around. Here, PJW only said she’s terrible cos he felt she toyed with him. 

The girls are more direct and badass. LOL. :D

• Like 3

Wait, wait, wait.

The 3rd BTS photo shows Eunoh wearing a ring! The outfits they wear is from that scene in the preview/trailer where they kiss.

And in the fourth BTS photo Jaewon wears the ring, which is the outfit he has during the ending of the third episode if I am not mistaken.  

Spoiler

I mean from the scriptreading session there were some lines about marriage/marrying between them....

50 minutes ago, Mizzy said:

Just noticed that the guys in the drama are gentlemen not assholes. They all made sure they got the girl’s consent before making the next move. I mean based on Eun Oh’s behavior, guys could always accused her of sleeping around. Here, PJW only said she’s terrible cos he felt she toyed with him. 

Getting consent should be in everyone's behaviour, especially assholes. I do like how the camera work portrayed the love scenes between each couple. 

The "terrible" thing Eunoh did has not been revealed yet. Sure she has been flaky right now and downright dismissive partially (she did not completely ignore him. After all she came up to talk to him on the beach, even without his prompting). The problem is probably that she has built up this "fake" person/identity. Though all her antics are still something that came from within, so it's not completely fake. 

/Edit: 

From KakaoTv instagram

Spoiler

So they are exchanging rings from the photos and the description says they are getting married, but they obviously broke up in the present time. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJaoZTiHNTY/?igshid=gqktbw428lzh

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I liked that they showed Lee Eun Oh’s back story. Why she ended up in Yangyang. Yes, she hated her life in Seoul and needed to escape to freely do things she wanted to do that she couldn’t do. I’m thinking maybe she needed to escape the reality and live freely under a false identity.. maybe to just spend quality time alone for herself, maybe to re-energize herself again before returning to reality, maybe she wasn’t expecting much from her trip... and.. then bam.. Park Jae Won just happened to appear and maybe it just changes her plans. It seemed like she wasn’t looking for anything serious with him and was only just a fling but he was already smitten with her from the start. He felt things while she played it cool. From their one night stand she seems like she wanted to leave it as that and no strings attached but the ending showed that she does cared for him and does shows some feelings there.. but it seems like she might hurt him again. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, agenth said:

Getting consent should be in everyone's behaviour, especially assholes. I do like how the camera work portrayed the love scenes between each couple. 

The "terrible" thing Eunoh did has not been revealed yet. Sure she has been flaky right now and downright dismissive partially (she did not completely ignore him. After all she came up to talk to him on the beach, even without his prompting). The problem is probably that she has built up this "fake" person/identity. Though all her antics are still something that came from within, so it's not completely fake. 

Ahh...I messed up the timeline cos of the switching scenes. He said she was terrible in present day! Still, I find him such a gentleman for only saying Eun Oh toyed with him. All the time I was watching her and the way she behaved, I would not be surprised that she get accused of sleeping around and toying men.

But her behavior honestly, is very real. I can relate. She wanted a one-night stand but at the same time, she liked him. So she's really fickle and yeah, flaky is the word!

As for the consent thingy, what I'd meant to say was the guys were not pushy even when the girls were the ones leading them on. LOL.

Btw, Dramamilk did a "all characters explained" for LITC. Read or watch it here: https://www.dramamilk.com/all-characters-explained-in-love-struck-in-the-city/

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mizzy said:

As for the consent thingy, what I'd meant to say was the guys were not pushy even when the girls were the ones leading them on. LOL.

Oh yeah I meant to say I hope that dramas and movies would cease to portray non-con, or at least have swift justice brought down when it happened, lol. A person can be an RickRoll'D without non-con too.

He says he did propose... 

• Love 1
  • Blob 1

11 hours ago, agenth said:

Oh yeah I meant to say I hope that dramas and movies would cease to portray non-con, or at least have swift justice brought down when it happened, lol. A person can be an RickRoll'D without non-con too.

He says he did propose... 

Love his voice. I hope it’ll be part of the OST. 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 11:21 PM, cherkell said:

Who was it that said Jae-won became a "bit of an alcoholic?"  His cousin?  But dangit boy... get a better selection of liquor than what's in your desk drawer!  I'd be more than happy to share some of mine! :blush:

Just checked this, and it was JCW who said it in the promo video to Knowing Brothers Episode 260! He was being asked to describe good things about his character hahaha. Can't find the video right now, will insert when I find it.

17 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

Love his voice. I hope it’ll be part of the OST. 

The OST will be released tomorrow! I do hope to find a track sung by him as well as the other music used. The background music fits so well with the drama. 

btw, happy new year :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Thanks for the link! It's a very nice song, reminiscent of the fireworks ending scene! 

So now the flashbacks have ended! They met in present day - well, Jaewon doesn't know this, I guess it would have been rather cliché for them to meet like this. Why do I have the feeling that they will meet through work? She is looking for more contracts, and perhaps the architecture firm will need some marketing? 

Also the cliffhanger of WHAT IS THE SECOND REASON? The first reason I understand, but it isn't very much his fault. He probably meant to say I like the way you are, but she took that as not liking if she dropped her charade. 

My favourite scene was definitely the rain scene (I love rain!), the proposal and when she told unabashedly everyone that she'd been living in his camper. That smirk of his, haha. Also I liked the real life interaction of Jaewon, Kyungjoon and his father. Recently he played a rather vile character, so it was nice to see this side of him. 

Also more Seonyong and Gun interactions! She said Gun should meet her first, not Jaewon. Interesting...  I suppose the editors havent shared this comment with Gun? Or, he also doesn't know her name? 

Gun's instincts are that Seona/Eunoh DID steal something from Jaewon - Which is the camera, I am assuming. Jaewon was very insistent that nothing was taken from him, but I think the camera that he took the video and pictures of their wedding is what has been taken, and he only says this when he is drunk to the policeman, because in a sober state he can't admit what he truly lost (her). 

• Like 2

If anyone have a better resource or search skills, I’m looking for these two songs from the drama.. or hopefully it’ll be part of the OST. I’m still trying to search for the song that was played when they had their one night stand. It’s in English and these bands have been around for so long so you’ll think it’ll be easy to find it but nope. 

BeetleJuice- Kiss Me Kiss Me

Yurisangja- What Do You Think

I love ep 4. It was full of sweetness yet I feel sad at the same time because LEO/YSA is not fully in it. I can start to see both side of their feelings though. PJW is so full of love towards LEO/YSA while she’s holding back because it’s not the real her but she has her reasons and I’m curious to what the 2nd reason is. Their relationship I’m taking it as “What happens in Yangyang, stays in Yangyang.” 

Anyways, the camera was stolen from PJW. I don’t know if LEO/YSA did it intentionally or by accident but maybe in a way.. it was probably a good thing she got it. Even though she’s trying to forget,  I’m sure she looks at the pictures from time to time remembering their days together. 

I hope we get to see more of the third couple. I like Sun Young’s character. Very fierce/tough. Kang Geon seems like a funny guy.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, elizabeth said:

BeetleJuice- Kiss Me Kiss Me

Yurisangja- What Do You Think

I love ep 4. It was full of sweetness yet I feel sad at the same time because LEO/YSA is not fully in it. I can start to see both side of their feelings though. PJW is so full of love towards LEO/YSA while she’s holding back because it’s not the real her but she has her reasons and I’m curious to what the 2nd reason is. Their relationship I’m taking it as “What happens in Yangyang, stays in Yangyang.” 

I hope we get to see more of the third couple. I like Sun Young’s character. Very fierce/tough. Kang Geon seems like a funny guy.

Those songs in English are made-up/inspired songs/bands from Rolling Stones and The Beatles (or is it BeeGees?). That's why you can't find them haha. I admit, I first tried to search "Rolling Stars - Hello, My Beach" as well.  Every time they display the song name/band in the episodes, as Episode 1 and Episode 4, it's a song they created for the meaning of the scene. 

I was surprising when Sun Young said that Geon should meet her first. Her whole attitude was all, I'm a cool girl, all about no strings attached. But, when Jaewon recounts his story, there are times she feels with him, like when she said she wants that kind of love as well, you see her drinking alone and looking wistful. 

• Like 1