[Drama 2020/2021] Lovestruck in the City, 도시남녀의 사랑법: 나의 사랑스런 카메라 도둑

kattkedi

8 hours ago, elizabeth said:

BeetleJuice- Kiss Me Kiss Me

Yurisangja- What Do You Think

I think the PD-nim and Music Director have reached Troll Level = Master, because these two songs do not exist, at least not in their present format.  Especially for the Yurisangja one - "이런 난 어떠니" is not "What Do You Think," but "Oh, How Am I?") as sung in the last stanza "Ileon nan eotteoni?"  Yurisangja never released anything even remotely close to a tune like this, and no special album by them was released in 2005.

Purely speculative on my part, but it has been written that MD-nim Nam Hye Seung is the author of all the songs for the Lovestruck OSTs and incidental BGM music, so I wouldn't put it past him to be throwing this little nugget out there to keep things interesting.  And Yurisangja was trending earlier on Naver, so that obviously served its purpose.  *golf clap*

I don't mind the mind games as long as it is released on the OST, or I'm gonna fly over to Seoul and crack someone upsides their head. :ph34r:

• Insightful 2

Watched ep 4 3x. First time was not fun cos I watched it with my family around and they made a lot of unnecessary comments. Watched 2 more times (different subtitles) on my own and found myself grinning from ear to ear at their sweet moments.

Feels like they're moving into more present moments so am very keen to see their developments.

Eun Oh comes across as someone too stressed up living in the city. She should be a fun gal but city living has sucked her a bit dry. Her beach persona is not totally fake as some have rightly pointed out. Just that it's a new side of her that she herself hasn't explored.

I have a feeling her reason # 2 got to do with her self-esteem, that she's not confident of who she is cos of her accomplishments thus far. She's probably insecure of how PJW would view her level of success or lack of. Cos this episode ended on the point PJW said he doesn't know where she is or what she does.

Btw, I super love the song JCW sang and how he sang it. Waiting for that OST.

• Like 4

I can't stop watching episode 4 

The chemistry is to DIE for 

I loved JCW with park min young only in healer 

I didn't like his pairing in suspicious partner or k2 or melting me softly 

But he was kickass in Backstreet rookie with Kim yoo Jung 

They were a fun and cute couple 

But GOOD LORD THE CHEMISTRY WITH KIM JI WON IS JUST OIT OF THE WORLD.... no wonder the director said he thought they were dating 

I hv seen like a zillion romance scenes in kdramas by now but this is just so refreshing scintillating 

The sexual tension is all over the place but it doesn't look forced unnecessary or vulgar at all 

I never imagined JCW and KJW can play such amazing lovers with such unbelievable chemistry with so much ease 

This is INSANE 

• Like 3

Episode 5 Preview -> subs can be found here: https://www.instagram.com/p/CJi5Ns8Jbqt/

Dealing with the aftermath of the "breakup", and possibly the story behind the camera thief! 

Jaewon looks so depressed without Seonah and she doesn't look happier either, except when putting up a smile to get some jobs. I agree, the chemistry between them on screen is spectacular, even if they don't speak or move. Just the eyes that tell it all. Love, anger, frustration. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

57 minutes ago, Abanti Farook said:

The behind the scenes video from epi 4 is out and OMGGGGGGGG I M DYING HERE 

SOMEONE PLZ POST THE LINK HERE 

I WANT TO SHIP JCW WITH KJW 

This is the first time I want to ship him with someone 

Haha yes. I think they’re visually appealing too. But isn’t KJW attached? 

I actually like him paired with KYJ in BR. I don’t mind his partners in K2 and SP. The only one I don’t like is MMS. Healer is another level so not the same. 

Just popped in to see if people are enjoying this show. I usually like KJW's shows and like some of JCW's shows e.g. Healer and Suspicious Partner but last few shows haven't worked for me. So from what I see - I should watch it lol. I like the shorter episodes - can watch before bedtime. 

On 1/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, Mizzy said:

Haha yes. I think they’re visually appealing too. But isn’t KJW attached? 

I actually like him paired with KYJ in BR. I don’t mind his partners in K2 and SP. The only one I don’t like is MMS. Healer is another level so not the same. 

I haven't heard anything about KJW dating. He already got so much flack for Backstreet Rookie that KYJ is probably going to rain down hell. 

Yeah... MMS there was really no chemistry. 

https://tv.kakao.com/channel/3701537/cliplink/415492195

Another preview for Episode 5, tomorrow !

Looks like Gun and Sunyoung were actually in a relationship of 2 years and not just one-off (or two ;)), since she is taking away all the things she got him hahaha. 

So... she is now adamantly only looking for flings, and he is voluntarily single! :D

• Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

Where can I find the original song that Jae-Won sang as his proposal? I keep hearing it in my head! :grimace: I replayed that scene or that trailer many times over but there was a portion that was muffled cos it cut into Seon Ah listening to him.

• Blob 1

I really like how they handled the topic in ep 5. It's so relatable. Asking the other party to return stuff or wanting to return stuff is really an excuse or at least a reflection that you wanna patch up. If you throw away the stuff, well, it's quite obvious you want nothing to do with the other party.

As for keeping stuff, let's just say there are definitely lingering feelings for the other party. It's really bitter sweet. Cos you still have feelings for the other person but you can't continue the relationship for whatever reasons. 

I love  Kyung-joon and Rin-yi. This couple is so so cute! As for the main couple, I hope they meet up next episode. I'm getting impatient with their present day story right now.

• Like 3

This episode 5... it's as great as the others, but I have a couple of complaints.

First off, it's hard to think about Rinyi and Gyungjoo having had a breakup 2 years ago. It just seemed like something to say when one is angry in  the moment, but it fades quickly. When he showed up to her work, she wasn't mad that he crossed the line of breakups, but simply accepted his cutesy behaviour. The breakup was not emotional, neither was the reunion. It was just a normal day. 

I enjoyed seeing more to Sunyoung than her cool girl facade/appearance. In this, it seemed like Geon was the cool guy, and she got attached to him, finding his (best?) friend Eunoh, a girl living with him, threatening. Somehow it could be possibly Eunoh ends up with Geon, even though she is still being nostalgic and emotional regarding Jaewon. 

While I like the funny scenes between Jaewon and his cousin, at the same time I can't help but be sad, since JCW said in the livechat that Jaewon has no friends. So basically work, alcohol, and his cousin. Yet his cousin does not support him, but chooses to laugh with his gf about Jaewon being sincere of his emotions. I get it, he probably listened to this story lots of times. But if you don't want to put up with it anymore, then maybe try to give him a reality check, instead laughing? 

Eunoh says that it was just 2 months of being in love. I don't think it can end that quickly, even if it's a clean break from her point of view. Now after 1 year, she develops the film in this photostudio that is nearby Jaewon's architecture firm and the two have almost another run-in. It looks to me that both are still sad and suffering, but for Jaewon it's more present as his lifestyle changed from a laughing man, to one resorting to drinks and work. Her's is just being nostalgic and crying when she happens to watch memories, but her life has not been disrupted. She chose this path. 

I can't wait for further Episodes, I wish this would be addressed, that Jaewon can find someone else to confide in, or something big happens in his life, like them meeting. Third time's the charm anyone? 

Also, I think Jaewon and Sunyoung meeting would be interesting as well. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to rant too. If Eun Oh reason for breaking up with Jae Won was because she lied to him, then what gave her right to ghosting him and took his cameras?? 
She also lied to her friends. No one knows about her trip to yangyang. She lied to everyone. 
She took Jae Won’s cameras maybe related to his cousins. She was afraid that someday Jae Won shows her photos to his cousin and his gf then he can find her. But still, what she did was so cruel. He loves her with all his might and even tho it wasn’t her real self but his love was true. I cried when I saw he made that couple surfboard. 
Being played like that giving you a trauma. One could became cold and lost his trust to others. 
Maybe Eun Oh situation was very bad, but still, just because you’re hurting, doesn’t mean you can hurt others, especially the one who love you the most.

• Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the goodies on ep 5 as I am still at work to @agenth

I like the chemistry between our OTP. 

@Ale _ida I haven't seen ep 5, but I agree just breaking up with the ML due to you lying about who you are. She could have come clean. She "married" him with her fake name. Of course our poor Jae Won won't find her as that was not her name in the first place. She admitted she knew how to find him. But those two months together were intense. I felt their chemistry was so natural and cool vibe.

I am looking forward to the other relationships stories too.

• Like 1

I agree with @Ale _ida that Eun Oh is cruel. I actually started to dislike her character. But what I think is that she didn’t give much thoughts to keeping or cutting off the r/s with Jae Won while they were together. Perhaps some fleeting thoughts since she lied. She just wasn’t going to explain.

But I think she had the thought of meeting up with him cos she was carrying the cameras with her when she called. She might have had cold feet cos she wasn’t prepared to carry on the lie nor tell him the truth. So she did what she knew best...run away. 

Not sure how this is gonna develop. She needs to redeem what ahe has done. Otherwise viewers will not like her character much. 

As for Jae Won, he’s a pathetic fool. Hope he’ll find his happiness soon.

Preview for Episode 6, will edit with subs when I find them. 

But two thoughts: oooh second reason for breakup will be revealed!

AND in the interview for Jaewon and Sunyoung, there's similar background ... a park?? Maybe they will also encounter each other? 

/Edit to include subtitled preview of Episode 6. KakaoTV now has restricted their youtube to SK apparently?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJtLMPHJYiz/

Although I'd say that the last line, Eunoh, could also refer to "them". It doesn't necessarily mean because of a woman, but a group of people?

5 hours ago, agenth said:

/Edit to include subtitled preview of Episode 6. KakaoTV now has restricted their youtube to SK apparently?

Yup, you'll now need a VPN to view any Lovestruck content on YouTube/Naver/Daum.  Kakao TV has also reverted to a PPV (pay-per-view) platform for earlier episodes of their dramas, including Lovestruck. I guess they've finally figured out how Lovestruck turned into their 'cash cow' and they're going to take full advantage of monetizing the content.  Sheesh.

• Thanks 1