[Drama 2021] Vincenzo, 빈센조

larus

Taecyeon Shares Updates On 2PM’s Comeback, Insights Into His Role In “Vincenzo,” And More

10ca1ea5a4804cbea545eaca6a849154.jpeg?s=

Feb 24, 2021
by M. Kang

Just two months into the new year, 2PM’s Taecyeon has quite a busy agenda!

After his 2020 drama “The Game: Towards Zero” wrapped up, he filmed the movie “Hansan,” which is set to be released in 2021. Now, in the midst of filming “Vincenzo,” the idol-turned-actor teamed up with Singles magazine for a pictorial and interview.

In “Vincenzo,” Taecyeon plays an intern named Jang Joon Woo who joins forces with an Italian lawyer and Mafia consigliere (Song Joong Ki) and a sharp-tongued lawyer (Jeon Yeo Bin) to take down villains who cannot be punished by the court of law.

On his character Jang Joon Woo, Taecyeon commented, “When I first received the script, I thought to myself, ‘Wait, I think I need to do this,’ because Joon Woo’s character was so in sync with who I am in real life. He even appears on an electric scooter in his first scene, which made me feel like someone had secretly filmed me in real life. But as the story progresses, there is more to Joon Woo than his awkward and aloof side, so I am paying a lot of attention to my acting.”

Taecyeon also stated that one of the joys of acting is that he gets to break stereotypes with his different characters.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1456127wpp/taecyeon-shares-updates-on-2pms-comeback-insights-into-his-role-in-vincenzo-and-more

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 2

22 hours ago, rocher22 said:

Girl, that was a little embarrassing..    :lol:

Its fun how she takes the wrong direction and then confidently comes back.    

:lol:So funny how she acts like it was totally not a mistake and Vincenzo is just watching her like this girl is crazy.

Her sense of direction :lol:

• LOL 5
  • Blob 1

1 hour ago, raziela said:

So funny how she acts like it was totally not a mistake and Vincenzo is just watching her 

Vincenzo was like '' what was that''   :lol:

That scene in Yoo Chan's  house also made me laugh.

Vincenzo was speechless.

Cha Young talked to herself, removed those photos from the wall, and then she took his plate

from the table.   :D

Yep, its self-confidence      :approves:

EuwhfgOVEAID8Ne?format=jpg&name=large

https://twitter.com/hashtag/VincenzoEp2?src=hashtag_click

• LOL 3
  • Blob 1

I finally got a poll up! :glasses: Sorry it took some time - I struggled a bit getting through the first two episodes. But I made it!

:wow1:

Feel free to vote though! :kiss_wink:

tagging: @rocher22 @raziela @backstreetboysfan @larus @Naty828 @Jillia @kdramalover12 @brooksmom @TheaN @rita96 @Thirtysvn37 @Maliah @kozukomi @calledtoteach @Lilona @holyfea @jongski @shinystar1985 @Sleepy Owl @an-naum @jareen @Afxdy @rainbowwarm @agenth @qynn @ilovenico @joccu  

Sorry if forgot to tag someone....

EDIT: I will try to post my thoughts about the drama in a bit!

• Like 7
  • Love 7

Surprisingly liking this show even the humour and the wacky aspect. I just can't take SJK seriously with his baby face (maybe the make-ups not helping) as a Mafia haha. Still it's nice to have SJK back on the small screen especially since Arthdal chronicles s2 is never going to happen at this rate :(

• Like 4
  • Blob 3

2 hours ago, Butterfly_hugs said:

Surprisingly liking this show even the humour and the wacky aspect. I just can't take SJK seriously with his baby face (maybe the make-ups not helping) as a Mafia haha. Still it's nice to have SJK back on the small screen especially since Arthdal chronicles s2 is never going to happen at this rate :(

Surprisingly I can take him seriously as a Mafia, unlike when he played the army captain. Especially next to the other guy, who was his junior, but looked 5 years older LOL (re: DOTS).

Perhaps, because the Italian suits look really good on him. and well, there is no determined age for rank within the mafia organisation? At least, we don't know how he got there. I assumed because he was adopted and then groomed, which was why he got the consigliere position, despite his young age. Because he was there from the beginning and loyal. 

• Like 5
  • Blob 2

Some thoughts about Vincenzo ep 1 and 2.

I'm not gonna lie, I had some issues getting through the first 2 episodes. Especially ep 2. I hope the pace will pick up as the story progresses, though. So will continue for now. :kiss_wink:

Pros

• Some very interesting and intriguing characters in this drama. I am liking some of them more than others. The people I find the most intriguing at the moment are:
    • The NIS agent - what a cute puppy! :love: I can't believe he was even ready to fund the investigation into Vincenzo from his own pocket. He's funny and I like him. 
    • The ex-prosecutor. Does she kick "behind" or what? I'm in awe! I think she's definitely hiding something. She will either screw over Wuhan big time or she'll turn out to be the biggest con-man of them all!
    • Paolo - what a hot Italian dude. :dorakiss:I hope we get to see him in more episodes. A girl can dream, can't she?
    • Taecyeon's intern character - I mean he seems really goofy and cute, but why do I have a sneaking suspicion it's all an act? I even thought about the fact that he might be the Chairman's (played by Kwak Dong Yeon) brother and that he might be the guy in the hockey scene.....
    • You know you have been watching too many psychological thrillers when you're even suspecting the monk. :joy:
  • The cinematography is spot on. Not sure about the music, but the visual effects are good!
  • I am laughing at Taec's character speaking random English words. What a cutie pie!
  • Also, poor Chef Toto who can't even cook Italian food... :bawling: The scenes are still funny though. :joy:
  • I am liking the father - daughter relationship, with one being "good" and the other one "evil". I think there is a high possibility that the father will be killed at some point in the drama, and the daughter will switch sides and fight for his legacy... Let's see!
  • Vincenzo's clothes and hairstyle - very Italian - well done!

Cons

• While I do appreciate SJK's efforts at speaking Italian, it unfortunately leaves a lot to be desired. He does get some words right with the correct intonation, but sadly the rest of the words come out with a thick Korean accent. I even noticed him mispronouncing his own name Vincenzo incorrectly at some point in ep 2..... :wacko: Not talking about he scene where he ordered "ree-cho-tto" :w00t:
    Also, all the Italian mannerisms and gesticulations are missing.
    I don't want to criticize him too much, because I understand it wouldn't be easy for a Korean to sound Italian and he has clearly worked hard for the part. I just do think that there might have been actors who could have pulled this part of the story off a more believably? I could be wrong, of course.
  • Seeing the truck of doom already in ep 1 was... yeah.... no words. :unamused:
  • Also, as much as I love Taecyeon, I just can't with his skipping.... :partyblob:
    tenor.gif?itemid=7227415

For ep 3 and 4, I hope we get to see a lot more of Kwak Dong Yeon ! :heart:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 4

So here my thoughts on the first 2 episodes. 

So firstly I really had higher expectations from this drama, knowing who the writer is and his previous works, I had already expected some comedy to be there, but it was not on point like the ones in Chief Kim and Fiery Priest. The FL could be compared to Lee Ha Nee's character in Fiery Priest, but the later one did a better job in portraying it, and at the same time I didn't find it over acting, and looked like the character was that way, here the FL is just overacting, and I believe the script is making the actress do it. 

Coming back to the drama, I would have liked it if Vincenzo was shown to be more interesting guy, maybe, maybe it is with the execution here, and I think it is too early to judge this character. Still, I didn't find him that interesting yet. Although there are a couple of characters who seem to be interesting here. The female prosecutor who just joined the law form and Taecyeon's character. These two might seem to be opposite, and maybe opposite in what they actually are too.

The female prosecutor seems to be the kind of woman who would be the master mind for the evil dude and make things tough for the leads, but she could have a hidden agenda of her own against Babel group too. Taecyeon's character on the other hand seems to be too good, but he actually could be the main baddie here. Why? First thing, his and Kwak Dong Yeon's surnames are same, and we saw him getting hit in the hockey ground, meaning there is definitely someone above him, and it could actually be Taecyeon's character who could be his brother. 

The characters I liked were the Fake Italian Chef (poor guy), the NIS Agent (once again poor guy), the lawyer representing the people of the building and Kim Yoon Hye's character, I am simple man, I see Kim Yoon Hye, I fall for her in that drama :heart2beat:

The FL is too unlikeable right now. Has got some serious moral issues, like a LOT. So for now I am not liking her. I think, there is a high chance for her dad to die. In dramas like this the guys getting too involved in such cases and causing problems for the bad guys either die (like in Fiery Priest), or just go in coma after attempt to be killed (like in Chief Kim). So I see a major death flag over his head. What are your thoughts on it Chingus? Looking forward to reading your posts.

• Like 1
  • Blob 6

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think, there is a high chance for her dad to die. In dramas like this the guys getting too involved in such cases and causing problems for the bad guys either die (like in Fiery Priest), or just go in coma after attempt to be killed (like in Chief Kim). So I see a major death flag over his head. What are your thoughts on it Chingus? Looking forward to reading your posts.

The likelihood of the dad dying is very possible. Aside from how the drama has shown his intentions of standing up for the powerless and poor/meddling with the bad guys’ businesses/carelessly putting himself in danger’s way, I couldn’t help but notice Yoo Jae Myung was not present for the poster shooting. He’s a big actor and from what we see so far, an important character, so I don’t see another reason why he wouldn’t have been included except that he gets killed off early on. Perhaps his death will be the reasoning for HCY to reevaluate her morals and join hands with Vincenzo in taking down the bad guys. It’ll show character development and hopefully we will get less of her caricature acting and a more serious vulnerable side with just enough sass where it’s needed. *fingers crossed* 

• Like 2
  • Blob 1

16 hours ago, agenth said:

Surprisingly I can take him seriously as a Mafia, unlike when he played the army captain. Especially next to the other guy, who was his junior, but looked 5 years older LOL (re: DOTS).

Perhaps, because the Italian suits look really good on him. and well, there is no determined age for rank within the mafia organisation? At least, we don't know how he got there. I assumed because he was adopted and then groomed, which was why he got the consigliere position, despite his young age. Because he was there from the beginning and loyal. 

Haha he did look like a proper baby next to Jin Goo, I think the real age gap is 5 years but it looks more. Couldn't take him seriously in dots either , what sealed the deal for me is his role in arthdal chronicles I realised how much of a chameleon actor he is. So I'm excited for him to take on another  darker role. 
Agreed on the Italian suits,he does  give  handsome villainous vibe (not exactly Mafia) but polite yet evil lol 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

On 2/23/2021 at 4:11 PM, Jillia said:

Lawyers don’t usually involve themselves in matters like these. European lawyers are quite strict about these things. What are you trying to say? My experience tells me that there’s more to this. A reason enough to make them act this way.

On 2/23/2021 at 4:51 PM, rocher22 said:

I love the scene when he stepped towards CY and she was surprised for a moment

I loved this scene!  How they both got in each others faces and made the other back-up :coolshades:

That was a fun poll @partyon Thank you! :w00t:

Spoiler

If the spoiler about the final boss is true...whomever put out that casting notice messed up what was clearly supposed to be a major twist in the plot:angry: I wonder if the drama has made changes because of it?

On 2/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, partyon said:

Paolo - what a hot Italian dude. :dorakiss:I hope we get to see him in more episodes. A girl can dream, can't she?

LOL! I wonder if we will see him again or if he will send some people after Vicenzo. He pretty much made his location known with his "Outstagram" trick

On 2/24/2021 at 8:59 PM, partyon said:

For ep 3 and 4, I hope we get to see a lot more of Kwak Dong Yeon ! :heart:

I really hope we see some more of him too!  At the moment think they should have switched his casting with Taecyeon.  It feel like they would be a better fit for each other's characters.

Like a number of other posters I think the catalyst for the story and our leads is going to be the death of Papa Hong Yu Chan:bawling:  I think these first four or so episodes are to get to know the characters and establish how HYC influences Vincenzo, his complicated relationship with his daughter.  The plot synopsis is for Vincenzo and HCY to teamup start dispensing justice using villainous methods along with Jang Joon Woo and their characters are nowhere near that...yet

From TVN Twitter: These "When God Created..." comics for Vincenzo drama are adorable!

:Megalol:

I could only find the English translation for Vincenzo's character:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2