Winter Garden Detective Agency 2.0

kokodus

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I have no idea how far ahead the showrunners have thought about the future seasons but I am at least certain that keeping JWon in Yulje is part of some bigger plan for the hospital. For me he has always been Peter Pan  and getting him out of Neverland is only the start of something else that related to the leadership of the hospital. Again I feel that the WG dynamic has a part to play in that.

love this part...

i think jeong won’s family is more rich than we though..not only his father but im sure rosa also came from chaebol family and the reason why i think like that cause she mention they married due to convenience (relationship based on getting certain benefits) but im sure she had strong character (personal story) which is why she became more open minded when her child making their own choices...even the last one cause we see how she ready to accept jeong won decisions...but God give rewards to someone who patients and i think geul wol kinda rewards for mama rosa..as we know mama rosa never mention she hate God eventough she might lost her child to God she always trust God..

maybe like how jung hwan see that being upper management also can help lots people...maybe jeong won will also learn how when he in the management position he also can help people he cares

• Like 11

10 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

His over-empathetic nature would leave him burnt out in no time.

One line from a mini-essay I fear will spark another essay as well. @smartiegal referenced my pre-coffee Twitter thread on the first page of this thread on this but perhaps here’s a more lucid, fluid version and not limited by number of characters.

My views on Jeongwon and his trajectory in Season 1 is the opposite of that line. He is burnt out, as a result he turns towards an escape route, priesthood, in the pretense of a “childhood dream” partly due to his overly empathetic nature and not knowing oneself. Because I work in MH, I’m not sure how common the perception of burnout and caring too much is, but I can assure all, it’s a very real thing.

I find Jeongwon to be a very lonely character. We meet so many in his inner sphere, his mother, brother, 99z. He tells them all about his priestly ambitions. His mother tells him to not talk about it, for good reason. She has lost 4 children to the church and was not keen on losing her baby. She doesn't want to lose her baby and the possibility of grandchildren. His brother tells him year after to year to hang on for another year. Maybe it’ll get better. Decide in a year’s time. In other words, Mama Rosa and Brother #1 tell him to stay. Just stay.

I don’t recall many interactions around Junwan and Seokhyung with regards to the priesthood thing other than when Junwan finding out about the application with Ikjun. However, Ikjun and Songhwa tell him to stay at various stages. With Ikjun, it feels like he’s imposing his thoughts onto Jeongwon at times (this may be also due to translation errors). He also provides a way to externalize the conflicts in Jeongwon’s decision as well as his feelings towards Gyeoul. With Songhwa, she “reads his mind” towards the end of the season. Regardless, from all these interactions that we bear witness to, nobody asks Jeongwon the crucial questions, Why? And Why now?

In the meantime, Jeongwon is overly attached to his patients. His friends know his emotional state if his patient is doing well, or whether the patient is doing poorly. He is already burnt out from the work. He struggles to contain his emotions and unfortunately, his “support system” is inadequate for him. He is unable to work through his burdens fully. In other words, they acknowledge that he feels these emotions, but are unable to validate them and tell him, “Yes, it’s okay to feel this way and it just sucks that happened.” It may have eased his emotional burden if he heard that (and understood it). 

As a result, he is unable to express his emotions properly and looks for the nearest exit sign. Daddy dearest’s death provides a good point to start looking. Perhaps, his original inspiration to become a doctor stemmed from Daddy’s close work with Yulje throughout his life (and by extension, the Daddy Long Legs program), but with four siblings in the church, it may be easy to see why Jeongwon looked towards the priesthood throughout his life. Sometimes, we only know what has been modelled before us in life. Funny enough, one could say priesthood is quite the lonely occupation as well.

However, I beg the question, where is Jeongwon’s emotions to be found? Just his, from the heart. I wonder if he would have been able to answer it himself. We never get a sense of who he is. Songhwa's line, "Seeing others enjoy good food makes you happier than when you are eating it yourself," basically summarizes this. It applies to his personal and professional life.

Enter Gyeoul. Her first substantial introduction was him chiding her for not being empathetic to the patient’s mother. She was clinical in her understanding of the situation, but in no way, entirely devoid of empathy. If she was unempathetic, this scenario would have repeated itself, but it didn’t. She was unskilled. She apologizes for her bluntness and Jeongwon provides her first lesson here, “We will do our best.” The core of his identity as a doctor did not seem to match hers (arguably, his enmeshment with his patients may take his lesson a bit too far). He has already fallen victim to his first impression of her resulting in the poorly translated notmycupoftea scene.

The maggot scene certainly shed new light on her character for us, the viewers, and for Jeongwon. Perhaps her best was not judging and fearlessly remove the maggots from the homeless man’s legs. It wasn’t her role to do that – she was only there for a surgical consult if they found the rotting was too extensive. His prejudice towards her definitely began to change in this moment, as we bear witness in the Chocopie scene where he “nourishes” her with food, perhaps unconsciously.

Similarly we have the abused dad scene and her running to the OR with the liver where again Gyeoul displays a different manner to “doing her best” that may not have matched Jeongwon’s definition. Both don’t think of their own well-being when it comes towards patient care – him, emotionally, and her physically – but they do their best for their patients.

At a certain point, Jeongwon develops feelings for Gyeoul in the midst of everything. Jeongwon’s emotions are so enmeshed with that of his patient’s, his mother’s, his friends’ that the seeds of his romantic feelings were lost, not even including the newness of it all. This results in so much of the conflict in his actions towards her – being unable to walk into the ER but running towards her, the ghosting of her after the proposal prank. I love her line, “Just the two of us” when asking him for a dinner. Not even a date. Just the two of us, when he is grappling on finding out what “just one” or “just me” may signify. No room for another at that point, hence, the poorly constructed Yangpyeong lie.

Little focus is given to Gyeoul calling out the drug addict, but it is again “doing her best”. She recognized the dependency on the patient’s addiction and called him out on that, believing that it could potentially be an overdose. Sadly she was reprimanded but Jeongwon managed to keep a distance from her but kept tabs on her perhaps out of guilt or curiousity. He’s been keeping tabs on her from a distance as evident by his observations of Minha’s friendship with Gyeoul (on the flip side, we know Gyeoul got to know him through Dr. Bong, Ikjun).

Finally we get to see Jeongwon’s smile towards her when she heeded his advice on talking to parents and found a way to do it in her style. It’s a mini moment, but there was so much validation between the two of them just in that interaction. She’s finally recognized by Jeongwon as a doctor while he saw his words mean something to somebody.

Leave it to Jeongwon to be the one to recognize/gain awareness of his growing feelings towards her through his role as doctor. He begins depending on her in many of his surgeries, as we were reminded of the fact that he was used to working alone in their first meeting flashback. She slowly becomes his support pillar as a doctor. He gives her her first lead surgery. She’s allowed into his inner sanctuary, the OR, where it may have been the only place where he was in charge of his emotions and actions. But he’s able to tolerate, rather, invites her into it because she was a somebody to him. He probably felt guilty that one time where her stomach rumbled, recognizing again, the physical suffering Gyeoul went through as part of her “doing her best” as a surgeon – put the patient first - while at his beck and call. I’ve heard surgeries metaphorically drawn out as choreographed dances. They are dancing with each other in their own innocent/inexperienced fashion – WG style?

Why did he wait? Who knows, he might have grappled with how to do it. At this point, Ikjun has clued into the fact that she is very single and perhaps Jeongwon knows of her feelings for him. Probably overthinking. 

In time, she gave him the space to find himself and through her actions, a validation of his role and philosophy as a doctor. As the lines are blurred between professional and personal for Jeongwon, it's all that more special that Gyeoul came into his life, as somebody who can, and I think, will find separation between those two with him.

And then we have the confession, where all she asked him not to run away, stay by my side and I will be there for you.

This essay is too bloody long. I only wrote it to procrastinate. I have so much empathy for these two. That’s it for now.

• Like 9
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

4 hours ago, randomthotz said:

My views on Jeongwon and his trajectory in Season 1 is the opposite of that line. He is burnt out, as a result he turns towards an escape route, priesthood, in the pretense of a “childhood dream” partly due to his overly empathetic nature and not knowing oneself. Because I work in MH, I’m not sure how common the perception of burnout and caring too much is, but I can assure all, it’s a very real thing.

I don't think we actually disagree or that what you so lucidly laid out here is the opposite of what I said. ;) I have actually made the same case here and elsewhere on numerous occasions that JWon was finding pediatrics increasingly painful and that the priesthood was his was out.

I say this on my blog as well. 

https://lilyroots4love.blogspot.com/2020/06/hospital-playlist-retrospective-season.html

and here...

All I was really saying in my previous post was JWon wasn't suited for the priesthood because his emotional boundaries weren't especially robust and would eventually lead to burnout. So it's a case of IMO out of the frying pan and into the fire. Going into the priesthood doesn't deal with his fundamental issues with being over-empathetic and certainly isn't a long-term solution to burnout. 

I'm certainly no stranger to burnout myself so I'm not unsympathetic. But the show itself demonstrates very early on in Episode 1 why JWon isn't suited to the priesthood.

As for why nobody asked him... I'm sure they knew. Big brother certainly did. Year after year JWon went to see him about leaving medicine to enter the priesthood.

I have posed the question repeatedly here and elsewhere... Can JWon seriously deal with being a priest if he's struggling with death and comforting grieving parents?

I think we all understand his reasons for applying to the priesthood but we just don't agree with it. Burnout or not... it's not the right answer for him.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Oh @40somethingahjumma I hope you don't take my post as refuting anything. I quoted that line only and called my thoughts the opposite of it because of the order of where you presented the burnout. I saw burnout->priesthood, your sentence meant to me priesthood->burnout.

@smartiegal and others and I have been discussing all this on Twitter usually resulting in a lot of chaos due to too many conversations. I'm sure she'll appreciate a streamlined version hehe. I believe, my thoughts are a variation of yours that focuses more on psychological theories (which heavily influences my lens as a viewer) and we divert on how heavy to weight certain factors in the WG story, but like you said, end of the day he was ill-suited for priesthood partly due to his emotional fragility and thank god Gyeoul came in the picture.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 2

We all love to pick at our ex-priest's repression, don't we! :rolleyes:

This would be my own opinion and my own interpretation only! Gotta re-channel all my WG thoughts that were buried deep in our previous thread.. lol

1. Towards the Priesthood Dream:

I don't think JeongWon truly wanted to be a priest throughout his whole life. He might have told himself so, using 'childhood dream' as a label. This was evidently shown in the conversations with his priest brother in the first episode. It's true that his brother told him to keep hanging on for another year, but at the same time, if he was passionate enough and wanting it enough, he would have proceeded with priesthood already. I feel like he only told himself that he has to be a priest and that he would be a priest eventually, yet many of his actions kept proving otherwise. That's why, I too believe that the 'priesthood' is meant as his escape route, or his 'believed' true calling.

His words speak the 'believed' true calling while his actions show his actual true calling - being a pediatric doctor to care for the young' wellbeings. 

Someone wanting to be a priest wouldn't sign up for medical school, then surgery, then Pediatric Surgery specialization. It's a very tenacious process that requires perseverance and strong enough passion to push through. So much to the point that it's normal if one dropped out of school to pursue something else, but he pushed through. He didn't stop at just family doctor (only 4 years of med school+residency), but to specialize in surgery AND specifically Pediatric Surgery, he must have loved children enough. 

As his story unfolds throughout the episodes, we were shown more of him keep pushing out/delaying the priesthood road, or priesthood is only his facade, or an emotional escape route.

1. Him wanting to pass over the DDL to SHwa in ep 1 but not doing so til Ep 10 (in HP timeline that's 8 months (Mar - Nov) this boi i swear!!!!!

2. Him not mentioning about priesthood anymore once his patients were doing better

3. Even when he got accepted to the priest program in Italy, he wouldn't choose to go right away but delay it to the end of the year instead due to all the scheduled surgeries.

4. (maybe there are more signs but I can't remember all at the moment)

2. Towards his own family, Lacking Five, and social circle:

I do agree with @randomthotz that JeongWon seems very lonely. The type that "seeing others enjoying food makes one happier than eating the food' tends to be lonely in their own thoughts. They would be the one that need their feelings/beliefs validated. (With this thought, another reason could also be that no one had validated his priesthood dream before, that made him keep dragging it out) He puts others first, his patients, family, and friends, before himself. He'd usually be the one doing the validating instead of receiving validation.

He has his close friends, aka the Lacking Five, that he'd show another self to--banmal-talk, oversensitivity, holding grudges, pettiness, etc.- which is the opposite side that he showed to everyone else--formality, warmth, kindness, 'Buddha-like'. I wouldn't label which side is a truer self; I believe both are part of him as a whole individual. Due to social norms that he may choose to filter out his character traits depending on the individual and the situation.

I don't think JeongWon's interaction with the Lacking Five represents his true character traits because he still doesn't tell/share with them EVERYTHING like how SeokHyeong does it. They have to interpret it based on the emotions he wears on his face. To the point that his furrowed brows and angsty look meant his patients not doing well, and vice versa, his excited look and tteobeokki--generosity meant his patients' health improving. His own emotional state is not even his own. One could be sad or happy because of anything, but to his friends, his emotions belong to his patients, not to him. That, to me, is loneliness.

3. Towards Jang GyeoUl

The only 'priest-like' aspect was his lack of romantic relationships in his 20s and 30s. Perhaps it was due to his own beliefs that he was supposed to be a priest anyways so there was no point of pursuing any romance, or no one had invoked that feeling out of him yet.

Until GyeoUl came. <3 

She was the sole being that made him break out of his character, even from the start. She was the one that sees an entirely different self of JeongWon, that he didn't even show to anyone else.

She's the first 'other' that made him angry to the point of reprimanding. Because what she was doing goes against his beliefs and passion. This goes back to his true-calling of his passion: If he doesn't care enough about the patients and their wellbeing, he would not have interrupted GyeoUl's ways and methods in doing her job. He might judge and avoid working with her (which he did anyways lol), but he wouldn't interrupt or reprimand her at the time. Then at the maggot scene, he found himself judging her too prematurely, that her bluntness doesn't discriminate, and that perhaps she lacks the proper training on patients' bedside manners.

She's the first 'other' that experience a different interaction from JeongWon compared to his Lacking Five, family, and everyone else. She's supposed to belong to the 'everyone else' group that he should wear the 'Buddha-like' personality to. But he refrained from doing all of that instead, to the point of being quite cold to her and deliberately keeping all their interactions at the professional level only.

She's the first 'other' that he began to be conscious of, from keeping tabs on her (knowing her and MinHa are BFF, being present at her drug addict case with the director even when it's not his patient or his case), to wanting to feed her her favorite snack (Mon Cher). Due to keeping tab on her, he also recognized her doctor skills and continue to mentor her in pediatric cases (they always go to ER and doing patient rounds together). He knows how hard she works, how much she truly cares for the patients, and how much she had improved herself everyday. 

She's the first 'other' that he actually trust enough to intently ask to assist his surgery, and eventually lead one of his surgery, something he's know to never have done before.

She's the first 'other' that he YangPyeong-ed even when he's known to accept anyone's dinner invitation, even if it's just two people and of opposite gender. Then later, she'd be the first 'other' who he'd initiate buying a meal for.

She's the first 'other' in the 'everyone else' group that he'd use banmal talk with.

And of course, she's the first that he'd kiss and hug.

All of this, she's the person that shakes him out of his 'believed' childhood dream.

I don't mean to offend any religion. I also don't think GyeoUl being the important reason for JeongWon no longer pursuing priesthood is necessarily a bad thing. That, to me, is like saying romance love is not as sacred as religious belief and faith. At the end of the day, all of them are human's feelings, that should all be equally validated.

Only when she is in the picture, JeongWon is shown to experience ongoing headaches, as if he battles with himself everyday over priesthood, his patients' wellbeing, AND this newfound feeling for GyeoUl that doesn't seem to subside anytime soon. The more he tries to repress his feelings, the stronger it became.

As much as it made me wonder as well about the 'why 3 weeks? Why so long for him to say anything?', I think that it could be a 'hide and seek' between the JeongWon and GyeoUl too.

JeongWon (whether he's aware that she likes him or not) doesn't know what position to break the news to her, like what right does he have to tell her when he's nothing to her but a mentoring professor, what's the purpose of a professor telling his resident that he's not going anywhere anymore, and also if he should confess his feelings or not is another issue. And maybe he thought that if he ended up staying past the 'Dec 29th' then that must also mean, to her, that he's staying anyways... so that saves him a conversation... lol

GyeoUl is also contemplating on how she should approach him about Mama Rosa's request. She has long accepted that he doesn't like her, but she cannot bring herself to turn down Mama Rosa's tearful earnest request either. Even with his mom's words that he looks like he really cares for her, I don't think GyeoUl really believed it either since all the interaction/reaction she had received from JeongWon was mostly coldness, YangPyeong lie, and professional formality only. 

Both of them were mentally beating themselves up for different reasons. On top of patients and hospital works, it could very much drag out.

And since she doesn't know that he's no longer leaving, she ends up doing the initation, to wager her last chance and to properly confess her feelings to him.

Sorry if I rambled on for too much, I ended up not drinking coffee today HAHA I also want to do the similar analysis on GyeoUl too, but I'll save it for another time! :)

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 1

@sillyvivian_yo89

Technically he was never a priest. :P

From the perspective of a member of the audience I'd definitely agree from everything we were given that JWon wasn't all that serious about the priesthood because if he had been, he would already have applied much sooner. 10-20 years earlier. In fact, we're told that he was past the age limit to make application to seminary in S Korea. So there's certainly evidence to suggest that the priesthood thing was not something he thought a lot about until the demands of pediatric surgery got too much for him.

As far as I'm concerned, the idea of the priesthood... as I've said on the main thread... is his Linus' blanket. His comfort food.

BUT from JWon's point of view, he believed that he was sincere in wanting to be a priest. So there is definitely a disconnect between how the audience (and his family) sees him and how he sees himself. Maybe it's because I'm ageing rapidly that I see what his hyung and Rosa sees: He is good where he is and the priesthood is not something he can commit to long-term. I hate to use this term but for want of a better term... it was a fantasy of something better. For non-religious people it must be really weird to think in those terms. But I imagine for him  just thinking of the priesthood gave him a great deal of consolation especially considering who his key role models are. Priests and nuns. Maybe he thought it was his way of getting closer to God thus easing his pain. I'm of the opinion that he locked himself into this box unwittingly. He didn't think like other guys who would be looking for love in the arms of a woman to get his consolation. Guys like Jun-wan.

My conclusion is that his journey in S1 is about him coming to the same realisation that the rest of us came to almost from the beginning. It reminds me of one of my daughters who came up to me and thanked us for warning her about a girl she used to hang out with in primary school. You try and tell kids things but it often goes in one ear and out the other. Or they're not entirely convinced of it. Some things they have to find out for themselves.

I think the show allows us to interpret the Gyeo-ul Effect in multiple ways. Whether she's just a catalyst or the crucial factor, I don't think it really matters. What matters is that he can't unsee or ignore how she affects him. When I look at Episode 11 seeing him chatting to her in the outdoor garden, my first thought is how can this man be seriously considering the priesthood. It's ludicrous. 

IMG_5915

and looking at him in Ep. 12 in the PICU standing so close to her unconsciously. If I didn't know better I'd think they were already an item.

Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 9.04.27 am

In some ways I don't care why he decided to stay at Yulje. It doesn't make an iota of difference to me. Ultimately the endgame is to see him remain in pediatric surgery one way or another.

• Like 11
  • Love 4

^ I LOVE that moment sooooo much!!!! I also love how neither of them made any movement to retract themselves from each other. That skin-to-skin contact gimme much feeeeelzzzzzzzz :wub:

And for me, GyeoUl being one of the main reasons for his realization and decision to stay just feels so right!!!!! I demand that this boi better treat our gurl well in S2 or I will riot!!!!!!!:evilelmo:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
  • Wiggle 3

1 hour ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

^ I LOVE that moment sooooo much!!!! I also love how neither of them made any movement to retract themselves from each other.

What if JW was unconsciously ... slowly making a move... :rolleyes:

There was also a scene where they (JWon, Gyeoul and an intern) were waiting outside for the nurse and JW suddenly leaned back on the wall beside Gyeoul.

I just hope, and i think many others do too, we get some scenes in S2 to get JWon's side.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

i think we totally clown and the real ik jun...aside is happy for jeong won now no longer respress feeling and make geul wol know his feeling..we cant help to think and image what kind of bf ahn jeong won will be...after all this is his first relationship and be the last and forever...of course he learn little bit by people around him...then we know how he act infront his love one...99z group and his mama rosa and brother...he became spoil child and nagging so much...and wondering what geul wol gonna said when she know what ik jun said ‘jeong won is not the person you know’ hahahaha...

• Like 5

17 hours ago, lurker___not said:

What if JW was unconsciously ... slowly making a move... :rolleyes:

There was also a scene where they (JWon, Gyeoul and an intern) were waiting outside for the nurse and JW suddenly leaned back on the wall beside Gyeoul.

I just hope, and i think many others do too, we get some scenes in S2 to get JWon's side.

I'm calling those moments his momentary slip-ups. His unconsciously let his guard down sometimes. There were also those moments when he'll say/do things that are confusing not just for people around him but himself as well. Like how furious he was confronting Ikjun about supposed affair with GU. And that "Eomma, it's not Song-hwa" line is gold tbh. The way he said it sounded like he has someone else in mind. I'm actually collecting those scenes for research :D

33 minutes ago, Sorary said:

i think we totally clown and the real ik jun...aside is happy for jeong won now no longer respress feeling and make geul wol know his feeling..we cant help to think and image what kind of bf ahn jeong won will be...after all this is his first relationship and be the last and forever...of course he learn little bit by people around him...then we know how he act infront his love one...99z group and his mama rosa and brother...he became spoil child and nagging so much...and wondering what geul wol gonna said when she know what ik jun said ‘jeong won is not the person you know’ hahahaha...

I'm also excited to see him in a relationship! I'm really curious how would LWJ write their story in S2. She showed us how different and yet the same they are in S1 and we got a glimpse of how good they work together in the latter episodes. But I wonder how would their dynamic change/progress with a romantic context.

• Like 8
  • Wiggle 1

Dropping by again because I actually did not take a closer look at their text messages. Anyway somebody translated their convo again

Let me give my cents to this. This interaction via text messaging is a big deal. Winter Garden using this ~ while talking to each other has an important context. I have been seeing EXO members Baekhyun and Kai using it (~) for they like speaking or talking cutely not only to fans but to friends (Kai does this a lot to VIXX’s Ravi). 

So can you imagine before August 2019 (in HP Universe) our Winter Garden are communicating with each other cutely? 

Also if I’m not mistaken, patient Ji-ah is the baby liver transplant recipient right?

If I get the timeline right, that convo happened way before the baby’s condition became critical and needed the surgery. 

Gosh these two

:Pandabulous: :loolz:

• Like 6
  • Wiggle 2

On 8/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

I am supposing from comments here, there and everywhere that there is a very long line of people who would like to punch, kick and smack JWon for 1) giving Gyeo-ul a cold shoulder in those early days 2) taking his own sweet time with his confession. I hear you all and I can't blame any of you for feeling frustrated in the entirety of the original run. The thought that he sat on his confession for at least 3 weeks... well yeah... I too would like to give him a good shake (at least) and ask him why. I have lots of questions for him even though I can probably guess the answers to most of them.

Am I the lone WG detective that is fine with JWon's coldness to Gyeoul at the start and even towards the end when he took his time?  ;)

I hate guys that string along girls even though they are aware that they can't or still unable to reciprocate the level of commitment the other party desires.  So during those early days, JWon being cautious towards Gyeoul was fine in my book, as he is still conflicted and he knows Gyeoul deserves more that what he can offer her then. 

As for him taking his own sweet time, I guess that's just his personality.  It even took him 20+ years to mentioned his family background to his closest friends.  

Though I think he'll get a dose of his own medicine in S2, Gyeoul it seems can be cutely oblivious.  So, his aegyo may sometimes fall flat with our Dr Long Winter.  

:smooches2:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

On 8/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, akikisetsu said:

Am I the lone WG detective that is fine with JWon's coldness to Gyeoul at the start and even towards the end when he took his time?

im not liking but not hating too..but i hate cause i cant tell whats his felt towards geul wol..even during watching the live show..i keep telling if next episode there no jeong won pov means they are not end games..then till later ep 8 there no such thing until the lst minute with his expression(like hyun bin said how she thanful for sunbae as able to give little clue with those details expression)..i did became hyde and jake between he is really jealous vs i might reading to much his expression...

as reading fanfics AO3, it make me really curious how lee writer and teams gonna right about jeong won...will he be traditional type guy where he only ‘done’ ‘it’ after married or will he make geul wol pregnant before married..

i of course believe he will save it till married, cause consider he is such loyal  religious man...but i also want to see flufy moment between both of them in s2

• Like 2

@Sorary

"as reading fanfics AO3, it make me really curious how lee writer and teams gonna right about jeong won...will he be traditional type guy where he only ‘done’ ‘it’ after married or will he make geul wol pregnant before married..

i of course believe he will save it till married, cause consider he is such loyal  religious man...but i also want to see flufy moment between both of them in s2"

I hope I will see  YYS 's amazing skills in kiss scenes.We got a good glimpse with their peck kiss.

A talent  like this should not get wasted. :tounge_wink:

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 2

On 8/6/2020 at 8:46 PM, akikisetsu said:

Am I the lone WG detective that is fine with JWon's coldness to Gyeoul at the start and even towards the end when he took his time?  ;)

me too is fine with cold JW...i mean i think maybe thats his personality+hospital environment (busy, surgery etc) caused him to delay his confession (if any) which make Gyeoul confess first. 

me is clap clap with Gyeoul braveness of confession, a bit of expectation for being reject :joy:

i mean theres nothing wrong with taking the first step. and yeah, a nerdy girl deserve a love too kekeke slow romance is sweeter :love:

ok in s2 we need to speed up the romance :tounge_xd:

• Like 3