Winter Garden Detective Agency 2.0

kokodus

:waves:

Happy to see the gang gathering again! 

1 hour ago, randomthotz said:

Pretty sure he knew it was going to be Gyeoul by then since he's asking what is his feeling towards Gyeoul being in ER. 

Actually I thought this ER mention was in reference to the maggots scene rather than later because he talked about the kalguksu dinner scene just before.

TBH I think that ShinLee are still being quite ambiguous in this special ep edit when they mentioned to YYS that he has a loveline. We don't get explicit mention that GU is the loveline BUT she is purposely referenced so often that it's not possible to think of it any other way. 

I have three favourite moments from the interview. When he discussed his scolding of Gyeo-ul and was quite troubled about how to pitch it. As he said "it would be good if he's speaking without judging", I had this feeling YYS knew that the audience would see GU in a harsh light and that he needed to find a way to moderate that perception so that it doesn't disadvantage the rest of her arc.

My second favourite moment is "he needs to get there fast". On the surface, it sounds like its about getting to the ER fast to see how GU is performing. BUT the subtext I am reading (and probably projecting as WG member) is that YYS is saying that JW needs to figure out fast his feelings for GU. :sweatingbullets:

Third favourite moment is how they ended with Confessions Is Not Flashy and the lyric "among all these people I am thankful that I met you" and they used that tilted shot of JW in his first major encounter with GU! I have so many feelings about this because the symbolism of this tilt shot in Ep 2 to me is how JW's world scrambled after this first major encounter with GU.

I can't wait for SHB's special episode to find if there will be any reference of JW there!

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, wallflowersforjane said:

Happy to see the gang gathering again! 

Actually I thought this ER mention was in reference to the maggots scene rather than later because he talked about the kalguksu dinner scene just before.

TBH I think that ShinLee are still being quite ambiguous in this special ep edit when they mentioned to YYS that he has a loveline. We don't get explicit mention that GU is the loveline BUT she is purposely referenced so often that it's not possible to think of it any other way. 

Ahh thanks for the correction. I just rewatched the maggot scene earlier and got squeamish (for the first time) and blocked it from my memory heh, Yes it's totally that scene. I had a wish he was talking about the allergy scene.

I do hope SHB gets her own video as well. For those that don't know, Na PD's channel is celebrating 2 million viewers this week and they have had a few extras from his shows. Hosp Playlist is scheduled for Thursday as usual, but I'm hoping we get a lot more this week.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Thank you @triplem for making a new thread for our wonderful agency! 

And thank you @wallflowersforjane for your mention!

:yaaa:

More than a month since the last episode and I'm still here, searching for more hosplay content and from our wintergarden. I'm just so glad we are getting real life updates from our lovely actors and actresses, especially YYS and SHB! They had lots of projects and they deserve it!

I'm sooo looking forward to Season 2 now that we will be seeing a less repressed (?) Jeongwon and more interactions from Wintergarden! And more than that, I am looking forward to discuss with you all your theories and insights for Season 2! :dorashakes:

P.S. I'm hoping there's a chance we can migrate data from the old club to this new thread if they're not going to revive the club feature T_T

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Is this the video that we're talking about?

Because unless the subs are really off, I am wondering if he isn't actually talking about the anaphylaxis event.

"He went to the ER because something came up... or because he is curious about Dr Jang Gyeo-ul's condition. He need(s) to get there fast."

Why use the word "condition" if it's referring to the maggot scene? That's the part I'm confused about.

@Arajo81 Can you please help us, if you're still about? Thanks ahead of time.

• Like 8

@kiklaminHo I never watched any of the Shin–Lee works so HP is actually the first. So from what I see why the duo revealed it to YYS is because “the major story” for season 1 is actually Jeongwon. That is why they’re more generous in revealing things to YYS and someone also said that during the first meeting with the whole gang, YYS had a special separate meeting?

But at the same time they are also trying to assure him that the material that he is getting now after R__ is better? I watched YOF and it seems that Writer Lee really wanted to make a better character for him. At least he is getting the girl LOL

• Like 5
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

If i had no seen the special episode Hi Andrea I would not believe YYS knew from day 1 he has a love line and with whom.

I was so used from the particular duo writer/director hiding  the love lines from the actors in the beginning that I was surprised when they said  it to YYS .

Yes! I finally had my answer to my gnawing question: Did YYS know or didn't he...

In fact that's what had prompted me to create my account

But am not going anywhere even though now my question has been answered!  I felt there was a void in my life when I couldn't access the forum. These last 5 days made me realize how important a haven our WG forum is!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, smartiegal said:

@kiklaminHo I never watched any of the Shin–Lee works so HP is actually the first. So from what I see why the duo revealed it to YYS is because “the major story” for season 1 is actually Jeongwon. That is why they’re more generous in revealing things to YYS and someone also said that during the first meeting with the whole gang, YYS had a special separate meeting?

But at the same time they are also trying to assure him that the material that he is getting now after R__ is better? I watched YOF and it seems that Writer Lee really wanted to make a better character for him. At least he is getting the girl LOL

@smartiegal

I watched R88 and there they did the same.In the beginning of filming they did not give many info to actors.It was later they told them.

This is what I understood reading back then actors interviews.Maybe I am wrong.

for the director/writer team  working with YYS and other actors in multiple projects shows that they appreciate their work.that makes me glad.Knowing my fav actor is appreciated in his industry.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, lurker___not said:

Why do I get the feeling that they told YYS he had a loveline but not much details... But then YYS asked so many questions that he probably figured out who it was... :lol:

:D no wonder they named him the questionbot. I dont think he left that day without getting an answer to 'that' question!

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Hi all! Am finally back to the forum. Had been too busy to visit the forum and there’s been so many changes! I’m going to need some time catching up on the posts & getting use to the new features. 

Thanks to @triplem for starting the thread again and thanks to @wallflowersforjane for tagging me. 

Looking forward to more updates on our beautiful wintergarden. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2

:sad1:What happened to our old posts in this club? I posted a lot of theories and SHB pictures. Noooo. 

Btw it is confirmed SHB was there in  Steel Rain 2 Summit. She is taking pictures of them. Someone posted an instastory where SHB and other friends taking their pictures. We saw YYS and his band mates came to see it. I wonder where are their pictures!! I mean SHBxYYS

BUTTT:Twerkdatbutt:

Thank you to our moderator @triplem for remembering me in this club

:Megathanks:

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2

7 hours ago, lurker___not said:

Why do I get the feeling that they told YYS he had a loveline but not much details... But then YYS asked so many questions that he probably figured out who it was... :lol:

hahahahah knowing YYS through interviews/shows thus far, this is a plausible case!!!

In some interview, SHB also said that she figured out about their loveline when they were filming the maggot scene.

So it's safe for me to assume that they BOTH know about their loveline with each other!

Since we can't really get our old posts back (at least yet), do you guys want to do some sort of prompts to express your thoughts again? As a way to reminisce Winter Garden together? :wub:

For example,

1. What was the moment that made you jump onto WG ship and STAYEDDDDDDD?

2. Elaborate your thoughts on JeongWon's repression :lol:

3. What were some of the impressive micro-expressions from both YYS's JeongWon and SHB's GyeoUl throughout the scene?

4. DO YOU THINK THEY HAD THEIR MEAL DATE BEFORE THE KISS???????????? WHY AND WHY NOT?

5. you guys can add more haha I can't think much right now

----------------------------

And LMAO the shades they show at him through these hashtags though :lol:

shottss.png

• Like 7

It's just as well I haven't taken down any HP screenshots from my Flickr account... ;)

@sillyvivian_yo89

Unlike many I didn't get onboard right from the maggot scene. I had no idea how important Gyeo-ul was or what the show was doing with her. I didn't read Jeong-won's reaction to her during that scene as romantic during my first viewing. Even though I had doubts about the priesthood side of things, I wasn't thinking that much about romance in a medical drama. 

Although I had noticed from Episode 3 that the show was doing something with Gyeo-ul and Jeong-won, I didn't climb onboard the wagon immediately. I wasn't invested in it until Episode 5 when Gyeo-ul ran after the DV dad. It gave me a strong Cinderella vibe. 

IMG_5829

There were certainly loud, noisy voices insisting that it was largely a one-sided crush and JWon is a naturally caring guy. I could see that they had a point because Jeong-won seemed to be aloof or indifferent but by Episode 6, I think it was obvious that Gyeo-ul's feelings were reciprocated in the cafeteria scene. Jeong-won does all these unnecessary things like asking Min-ha if she's Gyeo-ul's bestie saying that they hang out together. That showed me that he was very conscious of her because he was using her as a reference /jumping off point in making conversation with a stranger. (I obsess over this from a sociolinguistic perspective) She was obviously someone he thought about regularly. Moreover he'd also observed the two of them hanging out together. While talking to Min-ha, he is cheerful and full of smiles. Later even when Ik-jun tells them that she's fine he looks very distracted and now he's playing with his food. It's a big contrast to how he was before he found out about her anaphylaxis event. There the camera lingers on JWon (and Seok-hyeong as well) rather unnecessarily. 

Just because the show doesn't show JWon and Gyeo-ul interacting "romantically", it doesn't mean they seldom interact. Of course they do. They're in the same department. What the show is saying is that people do fall in love while they're at work in gradual subtle ways. The whole point is that JWon likes G-Ul despite his priestly aspirations and his liking of her leaks out in these subtle ways.

• Like 10
  • Love 6

In that special episode YYS went through many HPepisodes.I got the same feeling that when he said ER he meant the anaphylaxis incident.

Did anyone  figure out which scene he  means when he mentions JWan and if that part has to do with SongHwa?

I dont know but to me YYS episode seems with a lot edit.

And so many questions.I had to pose the video and make the connections with the episodes I watch.He had a very good understanding of his character.

@JungRok

I follow YYS in IG and saw the pictures he posted.

It's was very nice of the guy who plays chihong, Mido and KDM to go to his screening time and support him.Same with the 4 boys going to Mido and JMS play.

I did not see SHB in the photos.Maybe she was in a different movie theater?

If she was there I am sure she would be in the pictures.she is good friends with Chihong in real life and I remember I read she got close with Mido .

• Like 3

SHB is at a different movie room along with the actress who played Yunbok (the latter has the same agency with JWS) and also a different screening time. According to AninGalaxy, group 1 (KDM, Kim Junhan, JMD) had an earlier screening time and group 2 (SHB, Yunbok actress, Kyuhyun?) had the last screening time. Kim Junhan posted a pic of his movie ticket so fans are able to decode the respective screening times. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yup, they were in different theatres.

This is confirmed as Kim Junhan had ss his ticket and the carpet for on their ig story were different.

Therefore, KDM, JMD and Kim Junhan in one theatre while SHB and Cho Yi Hyun were in the same theatre.

If only JJS and JKH were there as well.

Luckily the following day, the 99s guys went to support JMD and JMS at Daehak-ro

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1