Winter Garden Detective Agency 2.0

kokodus

On 7/29/2020 at 4:31 PM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is this the video that we're talking about?

Because unless the subs are really off, I am wondering if he isn't actually talking about the anaphylaxis event.

"He went to the ER because something came up... or because he is curious about Dr Jang Gyeo-ul's condition. He need(s) to get there fast."

Why use the word "condition" if it's referring to the maggot scene? That's the part I'm confused about.

@Arajo81 Can you please help us, if you're still about? Thanks ahead of time.

Hello again everyone! @40somethingahjumma I think he's talking about the maggot scene. As he's going through the script, I recognise the dialogue and scenes from Episode 1/2.

Around 8:55 min, he starts repeating the lines (not translated) about "the only thing a doctor can say for sure is that they will do their best" which is what he says to Gyeo-wool in Episode 2... Then the lines skip around and he starts talking about different parts of the script (e.g. Min-yong's situation in Episode 1 and how he should tell off Gyeo-wool 'lightly').

Later around 9:38 he asks "Is he going to the ER because something happened or because he is curious about how Gyeo-wool will act in this situation" (your confusion is understandable, in my view 'condition' isn't a good translation and there's no other reference to the anaphylaxis event)

Hope that makes sense!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 10

14 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

hahahahah knowing YYS through interviews/shows thus far, this is a plausible case!!!

In some interview, SHB also said that she figured out about their loveline when they were filming the maggot scene.

So it's safe for me to assume that they BOTH know about their loveline with each other!

Since we can't really get our old posts back (at least yet), do you guys want to do some sort of prompts to express your thoughts again? As a way to reminisce Winter Garden together? :wub:

For example,

1. What was the moment that made you jump onto WG ship and STAYEDDDDDDD?

2. Elaborate your thoughts on JeongWon's repression :lol:

3. What were some of the impressive micro-expressions from both YYS's JeongWon and SHB's GyeoUl throughout the scene?

4. DO YOU THINK THEY HAD THEIR MEAL DATE BEFORE THE KISS???????????? WHY AND WHY NOT?

5. you guys can add more haha I can't think much right now

----------------------------

And LMAO the shades they show at him through these hashtags though :lol:

1.  The "subtle jealousy" scene- episode 8 (?) made me curious about WG in reel.  Prior to that, I was still guarding my heart coz it got burned by Chilbong in Reply 1994.  The "thumb" incident kinda blurred the line.  ;)

2.  The word Repress is tattooed on his forehead.

3.  SHB will be the dinner invitation scene, YYS will be pre-episode 12 anaphylaxis scene.

4.  DEF YES!!!!!!

This is so fun to answer, coz I am remembering our Winter Garden full blast. 

:cutekitty:

13 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

There were certainly loud, noisy voices insisting that it was largely a one-sided crush and JWon is a naturally caring guy. I could see that they had a point because Jeong-won seemed to be aloof or indifferent but by Episode 6, I think it was obvious that Gyeo-ul's feelings were reciprocated in the cafeteria scene. Jeong-won does all these unnecessary things like asking Min-ha if she's Gyeo-ul's bestie saying that they hang out together. That showed me that he was very conscious of her because he was using her as a reference /jumping off point in making conversation with a stranger. (I obsess over this from a sociolinguistic perspective) She was obviously someone he thought about regularly. Moreover he'd also observed the two of them hanging out together. While talking to Min-ha, he is cheerful and full of smiles. Later even when Ik-jun tells them that she's fine he looks very distracted and now he's playing with his food. It's a big contrast to how he was before he found out about her anaphylaxis event. There the camera lingers on JWon (and Seok-hyeong as well) rather unnecessarily. 

Same observation about his interest and know-how of this information (that are not common knowledge) made me look at him different.  Even Minha was surprised that he knew her closeness with Gyeoul.  And then that, playing with his food and downcast eyes after hearing about Gyeoul's condition.

:smort:

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

3. What were some of the impressive micro-expressions from both YYS's JeongWon and SHB's GyeoUl throughout the scene?

4. DO YOU THINK THEY HAD THEIR MEAL DATE BEFORE THE KISS???????????? WHY AND WHY NOT?

<quote selected>

Interesting! Since I joined the forum pretty late the last time, am super excited to have a go at them

1. I started to feel for Gyeo-wul when it was revealed that she was crushing heavily on JW and asking for his pictures and the likes (could empathize, have had one-way crushes!). I so wished that he would reciprocate and the ship would sail. As the episodes went by, I felt more and more for her but was never sure of his gestures/expressions (probably because of my R88 experience or may be I am just slow!).

2. Jeong Won was conflicted. His father's death (probably) triggered off his need to fulfill what he was sure was his calling. In retrospect, it seems in his 20 years of professional life, he had never encountered a special species like Dr. Jang, whose frostiness was as unnerving as her level of dedication. JW did not quite come to understand his feelings clearly until that pep conversation by Dr. 'Fix It' aka Ik Jun. He was almost in a state of denial until then and likely the song in that episode showed his realization and acceptance. <<answer to ' 2' is wisdom in retrospect - after many re-watches and to a large extent the blog by @40somethingahjumma>>

3. Since I was convinced only at the kiss scene (TBH was quite prepared for an ending where he'd bless her with the rosary hand and with the other hand, whip out his one-way economy ticket to Italy). But when the kiss finally happened, I cannoy describe relief just flooded me. Was happy to absorb the micro and macro expressions (2 kisses were hugely macro ;)). I then embarked on my re-watch journeys!

4. Oh no - they did not.

The 11th minute of the last episode was a very gutsy Gyeo-wul prepared for rejection a second time but having given him all the space, making one last attempt. After being 'yangpyeonged' (we should get this added to the OED), she maintained a respectful distance breaching it a bit only in the post surgery conversation where she was openly seeking his appreciation. Kudos to her bravery ( I've never been able to do that and hence, crushes remained crushes).

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Yay! I'm glad that there's a new thread! Although I wish I had finished reading everyone's thoughts on the old one before it went bye-bye.

Regarding the Hi Andrea YT vid, I also think that the ER scene YYS was referring to was the maggot scene. Because of the previous ER scene where he ended up reprimanding her, he was curious and worried about how Gyeoul would handle the situation this time around. He also wanted to make sure she wouldn't make another mistake that's why he rushed to the ER with Dr. Bong. And I think this was what he was confirming with ShinLee.

19 hours ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

----------------------------

My thoughts :)

1. Tbh, I felt that the love line was pretty obvious but I didn't even notice I was already low-key shipping them until I realized how sad I was when Gyeoul told Ikjun she should give up pursuing Jeongwon. Then we got the scene of them outside the ER in ep 8 and I knew there was no turning back. I shipped them harder with each episode, especially in 10 and 11. Finally, it exploded with her confession and the kiss, because I honestly thought we'd have to wait until S2 to witness the WinterGarden endgame, and so I had to watch the drama all over again lol
  2. He was not only flighting his feelings for Gyeoul but also denying himself his true calling by continuously trying to become a priest. I know he was in a dilemma - between his childhood dream and his current passion - but it was somewhat frustrating to watch how it was clear to everyone but him that he is already walking on the right path. He obviously loves what he does and he is great at it. It got to a point where I just badly wanted him to stay no matter what it takes and it also made me think that if I had at least half his dedication, I would have probably proceeded with med school. That's why I also think the convo he had with his patient's (Ji hyeon) family was crucial because it further validated that he made the right decision in staying. Only if stayed can he face his feelings for Gyeoul and decide how to deal with it. I can't even imagine the turmoil he was going though after I found out through the ER flashback that he was already in too deep as early as August.
  3. It's gonna be tough trying to pick just a few...
    • Garden scene in ep 11. I love that it showed Jeongwon being so proud of how far Gyeoul has come since ep 2 and Gyeoul's happiness in gaining Jeongwon's recognition and approval of her abilities which she didn't get in ep 5.
    • Jeongwon's reaction to Gyeoul and the bouquet. His eyes focused on her then the bouquet yet he couldn't bring himself to look at her again and could only utter a syllable. This was clearly an indication that Gyeoul's crush for him was not one-sided. 
    • The confession and the kiss. There's just all sorts of emotions being shown in that scene. 
  4. No - and I don't know if this had been mentioned and discussed before but - I belieph (lol) that he had already decided to stay when he told her he'll take her out for a meal, and my theory is that he planned to tell her about it during said meal. And so her confession can only mean that he has not told her, and therefore the meal has not happened yet. :sweat_smile:

and here's the timeline that helped me with the theory but please do correct me if I'm wrong 

Nov. 29, 2019, afternoon 

• Emergency surgery. He told her he will treat her to a nice meal if the surgery goes well and Ji hyeon recovers.

Nov. 30, 2019, between 1 AM to 2 AM

• He apologized to Songhwa about leaving the DLL program in her care when she's sick and told not to worry about it because he will take care of it.

Dec 2, 2019

• 10:00 PM: Ikjun, Songhwa, Seokhyeong eating dinner
  • Even later in the night: A happy Jeongwon having his risotto dinner. He also asked Songhwa if her apt in Sokcho will have an ocean view and if he can visit often because that is his dream.

Dec. 3, 2019 around 10:00 PM

• The convo with Songhwa wherein later, we found out that he had truly decided to stay.

Dec. 24, 2019

• 11:20 AM: Gyeoul watching Jeongwon checking his patient in PICU
  • Band practice: Ikjun and Songhwa asking Seohyeong about his decision, and Ikjun to Jeongwon, "You too, we'll talk about it later."

Dec. 25, 2019

• Confession and Kiss

First of all, Songhwa planned to be in Sokcho for only a year. He shouldn't even have thoughts of visiting her often unless he's staying, right? Italy is too far for that and I doubt he can just leave as he pleases once he's there.:)

This also led me to ponder about how he mentioned to Songhwa that she doesn't need to worry about the DDL program. There was no indication from him that he was worried about who else would run it. Neither was anyone else mentioned from the start. It took him so long to ask Songhwa to do it from when he first mentioned the favor he was gonna ask her in ep 1, and considering how nonchalant it was mentioned this time, it seemed to me that he was ready to continue running it himself if ever she decided to let go of it. It only convinced me more that during that conversation, he really had already made up his mind. 

My only question is, why did he stay silent for so long? It's still only just a theory that he had made up as early as Nov 29, but we were sure that he did by Dec 3. Judging from his reaction to Seokhyeong saying, "It's a waste of time. I want to live his life doing the things I like." on Christmas Eve, he must have realized he really did waste so much time. Again, why did he waste all that time?

--------

Sorry, I ended up rambling again. I just couldn't help it once I started. :sweat_smile:

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 3

On 7/30/2020 at 4:22 AM, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

hahahahah knowing YYS through interviews/shows thus far, this is a plausible case!!!

In some interview, SHB also said that she figured out about their loveline when they were filming the maggot scene.

So it's safe for me to assume that they BOTH know about their loveline with each other!

Since we can't really get our old posts back (at least yet), do you guys want to do some sort of prompts to express your thoughts again? As a way to reminisce Winter Garden together? :wub:

For example,

1. Maggot scene and "she's not my cup of tea" because it's like the more you hate the more you love :lol:

2. His conflict in his mind made it more difficult to decide.

3. The Yangpyeong Lie and Pick-up Scene in front of ER. Jeonwon expression is a commotion :D

4. NO, because probably over thinking rather than action.

5. Who will exposed first their relationship? JEONGWON :glasses:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Oooh. Thanks for the Twitter link  @smartiegal  It's very insightful. No doubt, it never even crossed his mind that she had any idea about his plans and most of all, that she would actually end up confessing first.

I really love how HP makes me think. It's been a while since a drama had this kind of impact on me.:)

• Like 4

For example,

1.  Ep 8, ER pick up scene. All other scenes before could have other explanations for me (but of course, that changed after the S1 finale... So much so I rewatched - - - like many others - - - and found I missed a lot of hints :blink:

4. I am probably in a minority here, but I think YES... why, Jeong Won would have kept his promise... and I am thinking he just got back from dinner with Gyeoul when he talked to Seong Hwa. 

Additional questions...

Do you think the other 99ers knew or atleast suspected, JW having feelings for Gyeoul? That is, aside from Ik Jun because he obviously knew hehehe. 

--- me: Yes, I think JW pretty much never showed interest in any girl so any slight change in that behavior would have been noticed by his friends.

Seok Hyeung when JW went to the ER; Jung Wan when JW folllowed Ikjun when he went to meet Gyeoul; Seong Hwa.. Not so sure yet.. But I guess she knew because she said ".. the Winter we've been waiting for..." in the last ep. 

• Like 7

1) Not my cup of tea —> Maggots! It prob wasn’t love then but you could tell that his impression of her had changed. (Impressive micro-expression eg1)

In the episode (Ep 4?) where he slid the snack to her oh-so-subtly, shipping them real hard then. Really cute scene. 

2) S u p e r  repressed. 
Based on what is mentioned and on how he acts around his close friends, you can tell that he doesn’t really show his true self to others. (Only his family members & the 99ers know him well)

And the year that his dad passed away was like a catalyst to the start of a chain of events that caused him to finally seriously think about his priesthood dream. So his mind & heart must have been in great turmoil and we all knew what happened when the dust finally settled & he decided to show what he repressed for so long... :phew:

3) For me, not so much of micro expression (they were really good throughout) but the one scene that left a deep impression was the one where they were waiting outside Yeong-Ji’s room (ep 10?). I think it very subtly told me about his mindset/change in attitude regarding his inner turmoil. And the beautiful culmination of that episode was when he sang Confession is not Flashy. :wub:

4) No. Just for the fact that I would like to see him get nervous over asking GU out for dinner. I also want to see these two cuties having their first date outside the hospital... not in their scrubs but in their own clothes!! Hahaha. 

5) Do you think there’ll be wedding bells in Season 2? Which couple? 

I personally wish for our WG couple of cos. (But I think they’ll troll us and mb Jun-wan & Iksun will get married?!?)

Pls don’t make us survive on crumbs for two more season PD-writer nim!! Please... 

• Like 5

1. What was the moment that made you jump onto WG ship and STAYEDDDDDDD?

I am trying to be more active. Instead of silently lurking. So here goes.

1. The reason I started the show was because of Jang Gyeo-Ul. She was different and I admired that. Therefore, anything relating to her was important for me. However what made me jump onto the ship was episode 4. The elevator scene... oh one of my favorite scenes. Its so cute and nervous...and leaves to wonder what happened when they went up....ARGH. I hope we get another elevator scene in season 2 .... when the first start dating.. anyway I digress. I believe by episode 9 the drop of scene was what sealed the deal. The many was so shook and jealous that I there is something more to this. I also believe he wanted to say something to her or ask her about her brother but just stopped.

2. I have never voiced my opinion about this. However, I will state this I think in episode 1 where they show him crying to his brother in the restaurant about losing his patients was used for more comedic effect. Which I think some of you might disagree with me, it makes light of the situation when infact it isn't. There are other instances where we can he is truly affected especially episode 6 and episode 8 but I believe the restaurant scene could have done a better job of showing the depth of his sadness... because then the priest turmoil (would prove better  that he is trying to runaway). He is fighting constantly with himself behind the scenes between medicine, Gyeol versus priesthood. The flashback for episode 6 we all know that he was into deep but the priesthood thing was still weighing on him because I think his  dad's death might of made him realize that he wasting time by keeping putting it and off.  However, by episode 12, he realized he was wasting his time by not realizing where his true passions were. I know alot of us get mad at him for turning Jang down in episode 7 but know that I have watched it again. I am glad he did because he wasn't sure and still fighting with himself. However, I am mad at for episode 12. BOY, you should have confessed instead of putting three weeks extra pain......You knew were wasting time.

3. Episode 5- When Dr. Bae mentioned what if had a knife. The poor puppy is so worried. 

Episode 6- Before talking to Minha.. You can see desperately wants to talk to her but doesn't know how. When he does he is happy.

also when gets worried about Jang being in the E.R. even though is she fine

Episode 7- Jang Gyeoul when she comes with the liver and he asked did you run here. The way she talked about the elevator and quickly corrected herself by saying walk and not run. I somehow find that extremely adorable

Episode 8- The pick up scene...the curiousity, the jealousy, and the longing were all there.

Episode 9- drop off, Man is shook and jealous.

Episode 10- outside the girl's room, both of the push-pull. Also the whole bouquet fiasco. He is jealous and she somehow looks very guilty like she knows she has done something wrong. Lastly the scene where is eating the chocolates. is too cute. I kind of wish he could have come earlier and seen that.

I could go know but those are some of my favorite.

4.I also don't think they went on the dinner date. I just have this feeling...  He couldn't muster up the courage to confess so how could he have dinner...? Season2 better show it without any interruptions. No more crumbs next season.. Please

I wrote way too much. I guess I have been repressed

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

i try to refresh the old one and to sad cause it not there..but thanks @triplem for making this new thread...this place totally kinda new world where i can express about winter garden...hahahaha i totally two face cause most of my friends not addict like me..as we growth old less drama we watching other just had little time to finish one drama..and for me the one i finish i usually watch it again and again 

• Like 5

On 7/28/2020 at 7:22 PM, smartiegal said:

Gyeoul respects Jeongwon’s space and freedom of choice. That is what Jeongwon has been looking for in his life based from the Twitter thread. 

im totally love this...jeong won without realize create space between be a good doctor or behave till people around him call him ‘budha’ yet when he is in his family space he became comfortable and start acting like a baby...even his friend could not understand like how he nagging them and how he so calculating about them borrowing from him..so i think that what make him confused...he dont know where to put jang geul wol..or rather he being trap in jang geul wol space without notice it...he cant treat her like others...im sure other doctor/nurse/resident did make mistake like how in his old hospital the resident and nurse totally talking about the mother...and i think he scold geul wol also just normal between mentor and mentee while in learning process...yet why he dont bother to care her like others??? 

he so comfortable in jang geul wol space, he want to let his feeing out like how he nagging between 99z yet she is not his friend or family, but he cant treat her nicely like other clique as he felt comfortable around her...

like ik jun mention how she might be sulking yet keep improving...and i think jeong won saw more than the manggot scenes..if not why with ‘all the resident have work hard’ 

and while talking to ik jun he agree when ik jun mention he like geul wol mental state/emotion as surgery which jeong won cant control where make him headaches and think he not suitable being a doctor..

so my tough even the drama not show jeong won pov, but i think with a dialog state that it was jeong won who cross the like and enter jang geul wol space not vice versa..yup jang geul wol had crush on ahn jeong won like other girl but whats make it different is she never enter his space without force, she respects him as a mentor before a crush..the line she almost cross was when she take lots of courage to ask him out but rejected, and after that she step down, she hold her feeling without blaming him, still respect him and silently had crush on him (why she never cross the line- the dialog simple even with how she always assist him in operation yet she mention how she was no one for ahn jeong won when mama rosa ask..i means she can said, ‘geusinum only guide me as his mentee..but no she said she was no one - literally meaning she letting herself know she will never been in ahn jeong won space) and the second time she take courage to enter ahn jeong won line was with the confessions but being so careful and few times letting him know that she sorry as she also know she crossing the line

while ahn jeong won few times cross the line where he never expect to cross...he being trap with jang geul wol line...how he cant help to watch her amd knowing her schedule knowing how she like to eat, those eyes and sad expression when he saw she leaving with others guy ( reason why i tell myself damm!! i trap with them eventough i said with my own mouth if that episode i not seing his pov means they might not be the emd games!! yet those details of expression make me trap with their stories) 

p.s : i still reread @40somethingahjumma blog ..i cant help to love you writing 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Arajo81

thank you for making clear the part of Hi Andrea's episode.I thought he was referring to the emergency scene.

@sillyvivian_yo89

"In some interview, SHB also said that she figured out about their loveline when they were filming the maggot scene."
Probably, I am wrong because long time passed since I read SHB 's interview and I thought it was the choco pie scene that made her guess her loveline.
Need to visit twitter again and reread her interviews.
 Also ,I have to thank twitter users because of them I  enriched my english vocabulary with 2 new words!:P
ebribadi
Yangpyeonged
The first weeks when HP S1 ended I had so many questions that wanted episode 12 of S1 to answer but as the months pass the only thing I want is S2 to come.
I miss HP so bad I stopped trying to find answers.All I want all is for HP cast to appear on my tv.If we can continue from the last scene of ep.12 that would be the perfect start I must say.:)
I wrote it before and I will say it again.Recent days hospital scenes in k dramas seem very plain to me with out the lacking 5 or Dr.Jang or Dr.Bong.
Nice to see you again.I was  trying to remember your name so I could tag you in our new thread.Thanks to @triplem we are all back.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

15 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:
The first weeks when HP S1 ended I had so many questions that wanted episode 12 of S1 to answer but as the months pass the only thing I want is S2 to come.
I miss HP so bad I stopped trying to find answers.All I want all is for HP cast to appear on my tv.If we can continue from the last scene of ep.12 that would be the perfect start I must say.:)
I wrote it before and I will say it again.Recent days hospital scenes in k dramas seem very plain to me with out the lacking 5 or Dr.Jang or Dr.Bong.

totally can relate with you...i just so happy to see them in their own project and when they all support each others my heart full with their love 

15 hours ago, kiklaminHo said:

Nice to see you again.I was  trying to remember your name so I could tag you in our new thread.Thanks to @triplem we are all back.

its ok my bad cause i try to refresh the old one and became frustrated cause it not coming back and again and i want give lots of love towards @triplem cause making this new thread...im sure like me few of wg still wondering abount this new thread and i wish it became full again for the next run..

• Like 2
  • Love 1

OMG!!! thank you for creating this thread @triplem!!!

[edit: OMG, I'm sorry.I just noticed it was @kokodus who created the thread :sweatingbullets: Thank you  :cutekitty:]

I'm looking forward again to reading some detective reports here from y'all hahaha.

Just leaving this here because it reminds me of 12.25.2019 :wub:

“In one kiss, you’ll know all I haven’t said.”

• Like 1
  • Love 4