[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

I was just told by a long-time SSH fan that she's never seen him this happy in a long time. And that any doubts about him should be erased because if he does pursue her and she reciprocates, he'd truly be deserving of her. She further said that whenever he would get hurt in the past, like KHK, he would throw himself deep in work.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

58 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Is this from the wrap up party?
I wonder if this was taken from SSH’s phone. Kekeke

How can SJH look so disheveled yet still beautiful? 
Hoping to see more BTS videos and wrap up party. 

It was posted on IG of Lee Ji Hoon on last day of episode of Dinner Mate July 14. Maybe some of the cast got together and had a celebration? Lee Ji Hoon seems sweet to both SSH and SJH as when we saw in the BTS where LJH was using his self camera and filming both SSH and SJH. SSH also said in his final interview he had gotten close so LJH, Na Eun and Ji Hye. I hope they get together always so that our couple can see each other.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, nyzah13 said:

@fiona628 Even Oh Hye-Won (Im So-Ra) commented that SJH still looks so pretty even without sleep on her self-cam making film. How can that be possible?..HAHAHA :lol:
Maybe she's the only one who can pull that off.. :sweatingbullets:
Aiigooo! Pretty SJH.. ^_^

She is pretty even when tired. Some people are blessed with good looks.

I saw new DM BTS in IG

It seems like SJH is close with Lee Si Eon, the actor who played the food truck operator on KHK and WDH’s first dinner in Jeju. 

credits to dee_galz IG account

And also saw the First Script Reading video. Both SSH and SJH are beautiful to look at.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CCs7wKWnYqk/?igshid=1jga4m4a2ewvk

(Sorry Mods. Please delete IG link if not allowed) 

Edited by Lawyerh
IG link is fine. Embedded IG need to be removed. Thanks.
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

I saw new DM BTS in IG

It seems like SJH is close with Lee Si Eon, the actor who played the food truck operator on KHK and WDH’s first dinner in Jeju.

SJH and Lee Si Eon have acted together before. Lee Si Eon played the role of SJH's older brother in the 2014 daily drama 'Noble Woman', so they've been friends since then:

• Like 2

SSH once shared that his friend SJS likes a gentle, gentle girlfriend so he can protect and protect her.  As for SSH, he likes the kind of girl with a personality that can make him obey and manage him.  I think SJH can do that bcs every time he started playing she would hit him or scold him...

• Like 7

@fiona628  I think a film would be a much better follow up project than another drama.  SSH and SJH would have more artistic freedom in a film coz the target audience can be restricted depending on the material.  I'm not saying they do anything risque or controversial, but they can at least take on projects that deal with more complex themes that will allow them greater freedom of expression and let them show their skills as actors.   They can probably do a project along the lines of what the great Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu-wai and actress Maggie Cheung did for "In The Mood For Love".   That would be nice.  :)

Or if they were to do another drama series, let it be with a cable network like tVN.   I think most of the better quality KDramas in recent times have been produced and shown on cable.  And these cable networks partner with the global platforms like Netflix, so the dramas are immediately available to a wider audience.  And I hope the genre would be totally different from "Dinner Mate".  SSH and SJH were both wonderful here, but I'd love to see them in something else together.  :)

"Dinner Mate" has made me interested in checking out SSH and SJH's other works.  For now, I'm curious about SSH's "The Player", which I've been hearing a lot about because some of his co-stars from there also did cameo appearances on DM.  I tried to watch "Black Knight" when it first aired but dropped it along the way.  Maybe I'll take it up again now that I know SJH plays an important character in it.  

@PreciousByTheBay  SSH does seem very happy, no?  It's like there's so much joy bubbling up inside of him that he doesn't know how to contain it that he has to release it through silliness.  I've been through that kind of feeling and it's like you're on an adrenalin high, like you're pumped up with endorphins or something. hahaha.  SJH seems to have a more reserved personality but I noticed she laughs a lot in DM.  I saw that in their presscon and of course in all the BTS.  And all that hitting SSH.  And they don't seem to have any reservations about invading each other's personal space, like in the BTS of their first kiss, when SSH kept on dipping her and she would stand very close to him that her shoulder would nudge his.  Or even their earlier BTS when she pulled his hand so she can take a look at his halmeoni getup under his jacket, and when she laughed into his shoulder after the scene at the campsite when she fell on him after he put out the fire.  Of course, there are all those moments caught on camera when they would fix each other's hair or that time when she let him paint her nose for their paintball sequence.  Can any of her long-time fans tell us if she's always been like this with her partners in her earlier projects?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, fiona628 said:

I saw new DM BTS in IG

credits to dee_galz IG account

It's nice to see SJH giving a hug to Lee Si Eon in the BTS when she saw him in the shooting as cameo jeju food truck owner. And coincidentally SSH is also a good friend of Lee Si Eon. It's another common thing that SSH and SJH have. On a side note, Lee Si Eon girlfriend's name is Seo Ji Seung which happens to be a combination of SJH and SSH's name "Seo Ji" and "Seung".

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Seo Ji Hye's last interview before dinner mate ended, she mentioned she had a lot of fun/good time filming for 4 months, her heart is filled with joy, she has grown attached to the cast and a little sad that she can't see them again. She said the most memorable scene is on the beach when HK tried to save her and also the scene where she and HK fought through email. I just noticed that when she said she had a good time filming, her heart is filled with joy, that the BTS video  clip was shown where she and SSH where waiting before the first kiss scene. Maybe it means SSH has given her so much joy and her scenes with him!

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

They can probably do a project along the lines of what the great Hong Kong actor Tony Leung Chiu-wai and actress Maggie Cheung did for "In The Mood For Love". That would be nice.  :)

Or if they were to do another drama series, let it be with a cable network like tVN.   I think most of the better quality KDramas in recent times have been produced and shown on cable.  And these cable networks partner with the global platforms like Netflix, so the dramas are immediately available to a wider audience.  And I hope the genre would be totally different from "Dinner Mate".  SSH and SJH were both wonderful here, but I'd love to see them in something else together.  :)

"Dinner Mate" has made me interested in checking out SSH and SJH's other works. 

I love “In the Mood for Love”. I will never get tired of that movie. That would be a nice one. I agree, a movie will be a good follow-up especially for SJH as she has not done a lot of movies. With her acting prowess, I am surprised she has not done a movie yet where she is the female lead. I think she would also be great in roles like Jun Ji Hyun’s My Sassy Girl. Comedy suits her. Her portrayal of WDH was not over the top. Or maybe a film drama like Lost in Translation. Comedy or Drama film drama they can pull it off.

I have only watched SJH in Over the Rainbow and CLOY. SSH in Autumn in my Heart, My Princess and Obsessed. I dropped Jealousy Incarnate but am planning to pick it up again. For SSH, still deciding what to watch. I might try Black.

1 hour ago, huckleberrymoonriver said:

And coincidentally SSH is also a good friend of Lee Si Eon. It's another common thing that SSH and SJH have. On a side note, Lee Si Eon girlfriend's name is Seo Ji Seung which happens to be a combination of SJH and SSH's name "Seo Ji" and "Seung".

What a small world! Lee si Eon must have put a good word on SJH to SSH since he is close to both. Lee Si Eon and is GF should double date with SSH and SJH. Hehehehe

• Like 5

@fiona628  OMG.  You and I think alike!  This drama actually made me think of "Lost In Translation" and I was hoping the story development would have gone along similar lines, but a different ending.  It's also actually similar in premise to a classic American film called "Same Time, Next Year", which was also about two strangers whose paths cross but they never encroach on each other's personal lives, although that film involved the leads having a tryst once every year from the time they first met when they were younger until the time they've become old and gray.  They loved each other but couldn't let go of their lives with their families.  Since it was based on a play, it had comic elements but remained a serious film.  

I would love to see them doing roles like that.  :hypehype: I really hope the producers and directors of the Korean film industry take notice of their acting in this drama as well as their amazing chemistry.  If anything, I honestly think that was what salvaged this drama and prevented it from going downhill completely.  :)  

@huckleberrymoonriver  I was able to watch the interview of SJH with english subs (thank you, dinner_couple IG!).  She gave me the impression that she's actually an introvert.  Maybe that's why she never realized that she had fanboys because she probably got into acting for the love of the art and not to become a celebrity.  She seems to have been working regularly since she entered the business and from what I see, seems to be known for character roles than female lead roles, though she had several of that in the past.  But she looked absolutely beautiful even in such a simple getup as an oversized shirt and a half-ponytail.  And she did look very, very happy and content.  Perhaps the DM cast and crew really made her feel comfortable that her real personality came out.  And she did choose the funny scenes with Hae-kyung as her favorites.  Reminiscent of the fun and laughter with SSH's own silliness with her offcam, perhaps? ;)    

• Like 4

Their facial features have a resemblance, especially the expression in their eyes when they smile.  I can't help but think of a folk belief that if two people resemble each other, they will end up together. :lol:

But I realize that couples who've been married a long time tend to resemble each other in terms of facial expression. I'm just saying... :P

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Thanks for the old interview for SJH @PreciousByTheBay 

Aww our OTP so precious 

Cool SSH loving and missing DM! He is not the only one!! 

Thanks I can relive BTS etc thanks to the other posts. Rewatching the cameo by Lee Si Eon was hilarious as I like him as an actor a lot too! Seeing SJH day he was my brother in another drama was cute!

Tomorrow is Monday and the loss of seeing a new episode of our DM OTP is sad.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

Their facial features have a resemblance, especially the expression in their eyes when they smile.  I can't help but think of a folk belief that if two people resemble each other, they will end up together. :lol:

But I realize that couples who've been married a long time tend to resemble each other in terms of facial expression. I'm just saying... :P

Yes I agree they seem to have a similarity in some angle or in their facial expressions. I compiled some of their photos that show some similarities in them. Below is my tweet. I love seeing their photos! 

• Like 1