[OFFICIAL] Song Seung Heon x Seo Ji Hye (Dinner Mate Couple / Destiny Couple)

Ayame

5 hours ago, airgelaal said:

From google translate:

“I suggested the costume. But the face was so handsome that it felt like a flower pattern was buried.”

Reveal hidden contents

“그 의상을 제가 제안했다. 그런데 얼굴이 너무 잘생겨서 꽃무늬가 묻히는 느낌이었다”고 웃었다.

Don't know how accurate translation is, but it's so funny :lol:

@airgelaal  I was wondering what was meant by "a flower pattern was buried".  Maybe the flower pattern of the costume was hardly noticed because of SSH's handsome face and so it lost its comedic purpose?  :D

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, akhenaten said:

@airgelaal  I was wondering what was meant by "a flower pattern was buried".  Maybe the flower pattern of the costume was hardly noticed because of SSH's handsome face and so it lost its comedic purpose?  :D

I think yes. For SJH he is gorgeous even in this cloth :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

15 hours ago, akhenaten said:

@YuSanSeul SSH was handsome in My Princess but when I compare him to the way he is now in Dinner Mate, I feel like he has come into his own and seems to exude more charm and charisma now than he did then.  In his past works that I saw, I always got the feeling that he was self-conscious about his looks and felt that he was trying a bit too hard to maintain and project that image of a heartthrob that everyone expected of him.  All those fan service scenes that he had to do in most of them, like being shown in the shower and all that, didn't help at all.    

I remember there was a towel scene from My Princess. After that, people started to call him the “Towel Guy” and threw mean comments that he was just a handsome face with poor acting skills. I felt bad for him. I think he did great in My Princess.

But I do agree he never looked hotter than is he is now in Dinner Mate. He got better with age. 
BTW, do you guys know if he endorse any skincare brand? I know SJH is Missha’s brand ambassador. Maybe I will try her brand. Lol

I am following both SSH and SJH in IG and their followers are increasing everyday. Both are getting lots of love especially from international fans. So happy for them. Imagine if DM was on Netflix. It will be as popular as CLOY. 

There are also a lot of SSH-SJH OTP fandom groups in IG. Some even tagged them in wedding concepts. I am giggling like a kid. I wonder if SSH or SJH ever read those posts. Or I even wonder if they text or message each other on a regular basis and be like “Hey we have a lot of fans routing for us to be together. Maybe we should give dating a go”. Oh well only time will tell. :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC6ENmzAiKi/?igshid=ukihjh57sz09

• Like 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, fiona628 said:

After that, people started to call him the “Towel Guy” and threw mean comments that he just a handsome face with poor acting skills. I felt bad for him. I think he did great in My Princess.

Wow seriously? Geez people are harsh. Acting is such a niche profession and it’s already so hard putting yourself out there and be judged by everyone. I feel bad for him just reading that. To be honest, this is the first time I’ve seen SSH in a drama and I think nobody else could have done better than him at pulling KHK off. My heart broke for KHK so many times. Whenever he was rejected by DH, at the loss of his mother, and every time when he reined in his emotions when JHJ triggered him deliberately. He’s a very good actor!! I wonder many many times if it had been another actor and actress who had been cast as KHK and WDH instead would I be as obsessed? I’m pretty sure I won’t be  :lol:

Or I even wonder if they text or message each other on a regular basis and be like “Hey we have a lot of fans routing for us to be together. Maybe we should give dating a go”. Oh well only time will tell. :) 

How would us fans know?? Would they have to be caught hand in hand in public by paparazzi or will they announce it themselves?? Just curious :D

• Like 3

There are also a lot of SSH-SJH OTP fandom groups in IG. Some even tagged them in wedding concepts. I am giggling like a kid. I wonder if SSH or SJH ever read those posts. Or I even wonder if they text or message each other on a regular basis and be like “Hey we have a lot of fans routing for us to be together. Maybe we should give dating a go”. Oh well only time will tell. :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC6ENmzAiKi/?igshid=ukihjh57sz09

Hahaha. I'm behind that IG post. :D I co-run the @heonhyecouple IG account with two other good friends. After seeing SSH's recently deleted photos in a tux, I remember seeing photos of SJH in a wedding gown from here. I'm not sure if it was you who uploaded those here but I got so tickled with the idea that I just had to make that collage. I'm glad no one has so far burned me for it. :D But seriously, if I had done that with another ship, I would have already been bashed to death. My friends and I were initially nervous with this ship but as days pass, we've been finding these two so good to ship. No fan/shipping wars, no negative vibes. Just a lot of people saying they'd be so happy if they did end up together in real life.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@PreciousByTheBay thank you and to your friends too for the heonhye IG.  It's balm to my shipper soul. :D

Shipper wars? Meaning, a group of fans ship one actor with another actress and they get angry when he gets shipped with another co-star? Well, thank goodness that's not happening with SJH and SSH.  Maybe coz for one, SSH's real life relationship with actress Liu Yifei has been over I think for more than 2 years now. On the other hand, the only other actor that I think could be logically shipped with SJH is Kim Jung Hyun coz of CLOY. Yet from what I've been reading even from fans of their CLOY pairing, even though they had good chemistry as Seo Dan and Gu Seung Jun, they say her chemistry with SSH is just much, much better. Of course, I'm sure there would be those who would say otherwise but I've seen very, very few.

I have a feeling if ever SSH and SJH do get into a relationship, they will be low profile but matter-of-fact.  I think they're the type who won't really hide it but they won't flaunt it.  But if others find out, they wouldn't care less about what others would think. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

If google-translate is right, then SJH is not interested in dating and marriage for now :huh: And she hasn't a boyfriend

http://sports.hankooki.com/lpage/entv/202007/sp20200723070012136730.htm

I find the Papago Naver translator is slightly more accurate then Google Translate sometimes. The way I interpreted the quote is that she is interested in dating and marriage, but when it comes to marriage she thinks it's something that will happen someday, not necessarily soon.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, akhenaten said:

@PreciousByTheBay thank you and to your friends too for the heonhye IG.  It's balm to my shipper soul. :D

Shipper wars? Meaning, a group of fans ship one actor with another actress and they get angry when he gets shipped with another co-star? Well, thank goodness that's not happening with SJH and SSH.  Maybe coz for one, SSH's real life relationship with actress Liu Yifei has been over I think for more than 2 years now. On the other hand, the only other actor that I think could be logically shipped with SJH is Kim Jung Hyun coz of CLOY. Yet from what I've been reading even from fans of their CLOY pairing, even though they had good chemistry as Seo Dan and Gu Seung Jun, they say her chemistry with SSH is just much, much better. Of course, I'm sure there would be those who would say otherwise but I've seen very, very few.

Yes! And thank you! My friends and I also actively ship another pair and what you said is the case when it comes to them (shipping wars, etc.).

Also, you're right with the CLOY observation. We absolutely loved CLOY and while we would have wanted a happy ending for Seo Dan with Alberto Gu, and while we did hope SJH and KJH would have a better ending in other roles, we actually did find ourselves astonished over the fact that her being paired with SSH quickly replaced that idea. It felt like, "Oh hi, Kim Jung Hyun! Nice to see you in DM! Thank you for your cameo and swift exit. Please excuse us as we ship SSH and SJH."

:Megalol:

I suppose our only concern now are the fans of Yifei and SSH. Didn't they, at one point this year, think they would get back together due to a staff of SSH accidentally "liking" a post related to Yifei on Weibo? Anyway....

1 hour ago, airgelaal said:

If google-translate is right, then SJH is not interested in dating and marriage for now :huh: And she hasn't a boyfriend

As for the Hankooki (?) article, I'm with @Ayame in her interpretation. Note that this is actually in line with her KStarLive interview on July 19/20 where she talked about her interest in meeting/dating, and how, she would someday would want to be married to the person who would accept her, flaws and all. Her stand on marriage has actually been consistent ever since her 2016 Woman Sense interview, i.e. if it happens, it happens; that career is not a hindrance once it does.

:heart4:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, starrynic said:

Wow seriously? Geez people are harsh. Acting is such a niche profession and it’s already so hard putting yourself out there and be judged by everyone. I feel bad for him just reading that.

Both SSH and KTH had the same

criticism from some netizens saying both are beautiful to look at but painful to watch. Some people can be so mean. But they also had good chemistry which was the big pull for My Princess. 
Not as great as SSH and SJH though. 

3 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Hahaha. I'm behind that IG post. :D I co-run the @heonhyecouple IG account with two other good friends. After seeing SSH's recently deleted photos in a tux, I remember seeing photos of SJH in a wedding gown from here. I'm not sure if it was you who uploaded those here but I got so tickled with the idea that I just had to make that collage.

Yes! I follow you dear. You are one of our shipper’s godmother. Thank you for creating the fan account. I’m sure you and your friend’s efforts will not be in vain. For sure both of them appreciate all the love they get from fans. 

One of the OTP fan accounts I follow is dinner couple. They just uploaded the English Sub of SSH’s Power FM guesting. SSH is really smitten. :)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CC9t_sLpvOo/?igshid=1alvhifpat8t9

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Noi'm not a fan of ssh, but i've watched some videos about SSH and yifei, may be because of language barriers, I see he didn't look yifei so much when she was interviewing, his eyes for her, I think it is not sweet as much as for sjh even at that time, they were dating. When he's with sjh, he seem comfortable and so happy.In iquiyi's interview (they were filming the wedding scene that day) his eyes when he talked about her were so sweet, he didn't seem to hide his emotions.in that day, he also said:" I really like you" with her. Moreover, he praised about her eyes in radio, even bigger than Kim Tae hee and other co-stars working with him. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, fiona628 said:

Yes! I follow you dear. You are one of our shipper’s godmother. Thank you for creating the fan account. I’m sure you and your friend’s efforts will not be in vain. For sure both of them appreciate all the love they get from fans. 

One of the OTP fan accounts I follow is dinner couple. They just uploaded the English Sub of SSH’s Power FM guesting. SSH is really smitten. :)

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CC9t_sLpvOo/?igshid=1alvhifpat8t9

Thank you! The posts in this thread help us a lot, too. :)

And yeah, @dinner_couple is awesome! About the subbed interview.... omg! SSH had to repeat the pretty part when he said "She's so pretty, right?" Yep. Smitten is the word!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Phanhlee98 said:

Noi'm not a fan of ssh, but i've watched some videos about SSH and yifei, may be because of language barriers, I see he didn't look yifei so much when she was interviewing, his eyes for her, I think it is not sweet as much as for sjh even at that time, they were dating. When he's with sjh, he seem comfortable and so happy.In iquiyi's interview (they were filming the wedding scene that day) his eyes when he talked about her were so sweet, he didn't seem to hide his emotions.in that day, he also said:" I really like you" with her. Moreover, he praised about her eyes in radio, even bigger than Kim Tae hee and other co-stars working with him. 

Yea I used to wonder how they would communicate, probably in English but then again there would also be a lot lost in translation between them. I don't doubt the amount of love SSH would've had for his ex back then (given he thought of marriage) but I reckon just interacting alone, he would have so much more fun and understanding with our beloved SJH!

1 hour ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

Also, you're right with the CLOY observation. We absolutely loved CLOY and while we would have wanted a happy ending for Seo Dan with Alberto Gu, and while we did hope SJH and KJH would have a better ending in other roles, we actually did find ourselves astonished over the fact that her being paired with SSH quickly replaced that idea. It felt like, "Oh hi, Kim Jung Hyun! Nice to see you in DM! Thank you for your cameo and swift exit. Please excuse us as we ship SSH and SJH."

I agree! I kinda liked SJH with KJH back then, not to the point of shipping but I liked the vibe of them together. However, he seems a little more uptight (given his controversy from last drama and eagerness to do well in CLOY) and the sparks just wasn't existent between them two despite the friendliness BTS. They definitely only gave off the friend/colleague vibe. 

Thank you @PreciousByTheBay for creating the IG account!!

@starrynic @fiona628 I remember reading the initial reactions of netizens when the drama first aired and I too kinda skipped DM after the first episode. Whilst I don't agree with netizens that the acting was bad, I think it was the filming style and slightly over-the-top comedic acting that caused some to turn away. SSH has a particular tone (and I don't mean his voice, he has a great soothing and calm voice!) when he is acting (at times) that comes off as robotic (not trying to diss I promise, just an observation). And I mean, SJH herself did say that she felt a little awkward at first with the exaggerated acting but was able to ease into it and initiate more ad-libs later on. As a viewer, I could tell. It was certainly more natural as time went on.

Still, as everyone has observed, SSH was brilliant in his emotional scenes and together, the two gave off amazing chemistry when acting with each other :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PreciousByTheBay said:

About the subbed interview.... omg! SSH had to repeat the pretty part when he said "She's so pretty, right?" Yep. Smitten is the word!

Omo! Omo! Omo I saw your new IG post.
Did SJH really say “SSH is so handsome in a new interview again? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-FaetATMk/?igshid=10hbeztayyq4x

@YuSanSeul, TBH I was a bit worried for SJH at first on how she will portray WDH as I have seen how other actress overreacted on comedic roles i.e, the deer in headlights look, too much aegyo. I’m glad she was just as natural as she was.

• Like 2