FlowerGarden (Ahn JeongWon ♥️ Chae SongHwa)

nrllee

I am back. I just left for the weekend and feels like forever. I can't wait for a new news or glimpse, or whatever happened with our Flower Garden.  One of the reason why I am watching kdrama one at a time, not only because my limited time but mostly because I know when I am invested into a kdrama, I want to talk about it all the time, want to rewatch again and again, want to read everything about it, etc. It absorbs my energy and my interest to the point I ignore everything else...hahahah I am a bit exagerating, but well, I don't know what to do with myself when I am into kdrama

:crazily:

@nrllee I like the way you guide us to see where to focus in BoD. Now I will try to look closely in the next episode. Other than that, I might rewatch again, reading BoD comments, and see what else i can do 

13 hours ago, nrllee said:

WG showed up there.  Will they survive?  Remains to be seen.  Awkward first date.  I don’t think they learnt anything new about each other at all during that date.  Why would JWon lie about turning up to find out how she was during her anaphylaxis?  That was odd?  He didn’t need to hide it?  He told her he found out from IJ.  Why is he still lying?   Actually in their whole conversation, IJ was mentioned so many times.  Is Jang using JWon to make IJ jealous?

Now you mentioned about it, it is very obvious JWon didn't know what to do and how to deal with Jang as a girlfriend. And of course they ended up talking about work-related subject and IkJun. :grimace:

• Like 2

@BulmaGoku btw when you send gifs to Packmule, put “Gifs from BulmaGoku” on the subject line.  She’s been ignoring a lot of emails because there are many who are wanting in.

The while episode’s running theme is lined out in the song - Rain and You. And that song is about letting go and the heartache.

Lyrics (cr https://kgasa.com/lee-mujin-rain-and-you/)

I don’t long for you anymore
I don’t miss you anymore
I’m forgetting about our love
Quietly

But I still can’t figure out why
My heart starts to shed tears whenever it rains
Just like the day long ago
When you left

I’m alright now, love has gone
But why am I shedding tears like a fool?

The faded and faraway memories
How they pierce my heart
So even though I resent you
I still long for you

I’m alright now, love has gone
But why am I shedding tears like a fool?

You’ll never come back but I hate myself for not forgetting
When will my heart stop aching?

SH’s ex-wife.  YeonU’s mom.  IJ and SHwa (remember IJ and his ring from med school?).

On the flip side it is also about hanging on.  Feeling the faint kicks of the baby who is still alive.  And refusing to let go.  The lady in danger of losing her baby.  SHwa is going to hang in there with PaBo. I get the feeling PaBo thinks there’s something going on between IJ and her and he’s bowing out.  But we know now that SHwa friend zoned IJ.  We’re in SHwa’s corner now as she fights for PaBo.  In her usual dignified manner of course.  She’s going to take up DLL and put her full heart into it.  She will help fund it by bringing in the VIP clients.  She’s a woman on a mission.  Remember how I said DLL was PaBo’s heart?  It’s a metaphor.  PaBo has lost his focus as a doctor.  He is giddy with this high-school type infatuation.  It’s not going to last.  I think Jang got into it to get IJ jealous. He’s already showing signs of it by asking PaBo about it. And he’s asking Jang too (twice).  She wants IJ to hear about it from his mates - like BoRa did when she blind dated Trash.  She told SunWoo it was to get him jealous.  PaBo sounds like he’s given up on love (like the song) and settling for a fling.  Problem he’s got is that SHwa hasn’t given up on him.  She’s waiting.  Just like she waited for him to make the decision about priesthood.  She made no demands.  No desperate plea to choose me not God.  She will do the same here.  Via DLL.  She’s going to be the greatest Villain.  Bringing in the bacon and funding DLL.  Pouring her heart into it at the expense of herself.  Just like PaBo did before.  That’s the way into his heart.  So indirectly she will steal him back :lol:.  SHwa broke up with Prof Jang.  I anticipate it will be mirrored here as well.  WG has a movie date.  I get the feeling they will bring back R88 parallels.  That scene where the 2 men were vying for DS (trying to get there) was iconic.  We’ll see if they use it as a nod back.  

As for Bear couple.  They are tracking along well.  And LeeShin have put in hints there that they will land safely in the end.  Look at this scene and how Shin filmed it.  It was beautiful.  The snow flurries.  The sweeping music.  Like an old time movie.  White Christmas (I’m dreaming of a White Christmas) as background music (whilst she was dining alone).  MinHa’s journey is one where she moves from a dream to the reality.  And she’s tracking well.  Because she’s learning to handle disappointments.  She’s a real trooper.  Maturing nicely.  Love her to bits.  Real life doesn’t play out like a dream/movie.  This was the second time she saw her love interest with another woman.  She kept her cool, she didn’t go crazy jealous and plan revenge.  She gave SH the opportunity to explain to her.  Like an adult.  And by asking nicely and respectfully, she got a similarly honest and respectful reply from SH.

Where writer Lee plays with scripts and metaphors and double meanings in the lines that she pens, Shin does it with camera angles and filters and props.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Focus is on SH and his ex under the umbrella. Poor MinHa is shattered.  As if being stood up wasn’t bad enough. :tears:

spacer.png

Then this frame.  See how their footprints cross over?  MinHa’s crosses over SH and his ex-wife’s.  She will come between them.  SH will not return to his ex.  He has moved on.

spacer.png

Then this final scene.  She’s holding the Bear.  And the cake.  She takes the cake.   Shin always suggests end game couples in all his dramas by doing this with props and camera angles/frames.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nrllee said:

btw when you send gifs to Packmule, put “Gifs from BulmaGoku” on the subject line.

Hi @nrllee I always put GIFs in a comment section. I don't want to spam her email with GIFs. DO you think she doesn't see it in comments ?  Anyway, I just put it for fun, when things get serious and I don't have anything to add in the discussion. 

11 minutes ago, nrllee said:

I get the feeling PaBo thinks there’s something going on between IJ and her and he’s bowing out.

I had the same feeling as well. JWan and PaBo are getting closer and closer, partly, I think because PaBo knew something going on with SH - SHwa - IJ. Remember that cake and champagne scene ? When SH's mother asked SHwa to sleep in SH's room? How JWan and PaBo teased her to stay ?

Now with obvious tension between SHwa and IJ, and PaBO again with JWan told her to drive IJ instead while SHwa insisted to drive them home, he knows something going on. But I guess now he has Maggot to play with for a while, he doesn't really paying attention anymore. 

And did you see how IJ walked pass through SHwa to get out from the practice room ? How un-gentlement he is. And he expects SHwa would say yes to his proposal ? Tshhhhhh.....

22 minutes ago, nrllee said:

She’s waiting.  Just like she waited for him to make the decision about priesthood.  She made no demands.  No desperate plea to choose me not God.  She will do the same here.  Via DLL.  She’s going to be the greatest Villain.  Bringing in the bacon and funding DLL.  Pouring her heart into it at the expense of herself.

I really can't wait to see Shwa being a villain. I love that girl !

23 minutes ago, nrllee said:

WG has a movie date.

The whole season 1, we never really heard the Fab 5 talking about movie. What kind of movie they will see ? I am curious now. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BulmaGoku said:

The whole season 1, we never really heard the Fab 5 talking about movie. What kind of movie they will see ? I am curious now. 

What movies were playing in Korea Jan2020?  Writer Lee does her homework.  She will pick one of those.  

And there’s another contender for PaBo’s affections in the new ER Fellow.  The pretty one who grabbed PaBo’s arm and asked for coffee.  He passed her his card to use… trouble is a-brewing already… :lol:

• Like 2

Same here, JWon might have known something is up with IJ and SHwa knowing how perceptive he is. He might have an idea on IJs  but with SHwa he might have a hard time deciphering her feelings as she is as secretive as him. They are like 2 piece in a pod/soulmates together, sooo many things in common. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Arcticmama said:

They are like 2 piece in a pod/soulmates together, sooo many things in common.

True, this two is meant to be kept secret. Save the best for last. Rythm, Shin PD said, is one of the three words to describe Season 2. . SHwa's bass has been playing in the background since forever to be in synch with her rythmic partner, the drummer.

:please:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, nrllee said:

Where writer Lee plays with scripts and metaphors and double meanings in the lines that she pens, Shin does it with camera angles and filters and props.

Aghhhh seeing this, I can't wait for the next episode. :Pandabulous:

• Love 1

In R88, Bora used Trash as a means to get to her real target, SunWoo.  She wanted to make SunWoo jealous by going on a blind date with Trash.  Here I think Jang is using PaBo to get to IJ.  Her affections have shifted to IJ.  Think about it.  Why would she NOT tell IJ about finally getting to be with PaBo?  IJ has been her partner in crime?  He set them up?  He gave her all this help?  Why would she keep it from the very person who helped her get her crush?  Wouldn’t she want to tell him that his plan worked?  She used to tell him everything before?  Why not now?  He did all the hard work on her behalf?  It’s the least she could do?  Why would she shut him out now that PaBo and her are dating?  Wasn’t that the objective?  :lol:

The only reason for it is because she likes IJ.  She wants PaBo to break the news to IJ to gauge how IJ will act towards her.  Will it cause him to spring into action like he did when she intentionally picked PaBo’s surgery after the rose proposal scene?  He yelled, “after all I have done for you?  I hate you” like a spurned lover.   Jang wants to use the same ploy BoRa did when she used Trash to get to SunWoo.  Jang is using PaBo to make IJ jealous.  That’s why she seemed so disinterested during the date?  Remember how she was dying to get every little bit of info about PaBo from Bong?  From IJ?  Now that she has his full attention to herself, why is her personal question, “can we watch a movie together”?  Huh?  She no longer likes him that way anymore.  That’s why she couldn’t be bothered to find out anything more about him.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Bora used Trash as a means to get to her real target, SunWoo.  She wanted to make SunWoo jealous by going on a blind date with Trash.  Here I think Jang is using PaBo to get to IJ.

Oh oh oh...that's what they are talking about in BoD. I didn't get it. I thought it was about their personality and their history. I almost forgot that date with trash. Now I get it. But well, I can't delete my comments there anyway :lol: . Let it be there.

20 minutes ago, nrllee said:

Why would she NOT tell IJ about finally getting to be with PaBo?  IJ has been her partner in crime?  He set them up?  He gave her all this help?  Why would she keep it from the very person who helped her get her crush?

Indeed. It is a strange request for a strange couple who supposedly madly in love.

22 minutes ago, nrllee said:

She no longer likes him that way anymore.  That’s why she couldn’t be bothered to find out anything more about him.  

That's the price PaBo has to pay being a pabo.  :naughty:

The comments section is already very long I lost track from previous comment. I just reply what I saw in the recent comment. It is confusing sometimes. :grimace:

• LOL 1

I am trying to figure out when we will get the time jump.  Maybe after Ep2 or mid Ep2. After they resolve the existing cases.  The pregnant woman in danger of losing her baby and the girl in need of a new heart?   YS’s Insta post has a calendar in the background and it’s April 2021.  The pic below has come out blurry but when I enlarge it on my phone I can see it.

cr yoo_yeonseok Instagram

spacer.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

I am trying to figure out when we will get the time jump

I prefer SHwa is still in Sokcho when the news about Maggot-PaBo out. 

I am also still curious about what happened in Hawai. Why this Hawai thing made PaBo-Jwan closer. Their shared secret is suspicious. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, BulmaGoku said:

I prefer SHwa is still in Sokcho when the news about Maggot-PaBo out. 

I am also still curious about what happened in Hawai. Why this Hawai thing made PaBo-Jwan closer. Their shared secret is suspicious. 

SHwa is like MinHa.  She will always choose work and the benefit of others over her own interests.  She has consistently done this.  So she’s not going to let her own disappointment in a man get in the way of her calling.  PaBo has regressed as a character this episode.  You can see it in his date with Jang.  He chose to find out about the personal question first.  Compare it with the contrasting Bear couple - work first.  PaBo is ditzy and losing focus.  He needs a wake up call.  I think DLL will be the wake up call.  He will see how hard SHwa works to bring in the funds for DLL and be drawn to her again.  He wandered off the path of altruism and patient first mentality.  That’s why he said in the interview recently when introducing SHwa, he said she’s the “wise doctor”.  And she is.  He now needs to up his game to be worthy of her again.  I have no doubt that Jang has moved on from PaBo.  She showed little interest in finding out anything more about him or his thoughts.  Compared to how she was in S1 where she was going all out to find out about him through Bong’s gossip sessions and IJ.  Now that she has him, why is her personal question, “can we go watch a movie?” Huh?  When you watch a movie you don’t talk?  There’s no chance for a deep connection at all?  What about, “when did you first like me?” Or “why did you pass me the chocopie?”  Or “why did you cry when you kissed me?” Her disinterest in him speaks volumes.  All she talked about was keeping their relationship secret and IJ.  :lol:

Shin promised flashbacks so we will likely see the Hawaii story.  And SHwa’s first love.  Which I believe to be PaBo.  And chances are he’s also the one who gave her the shoes which she hung on to.  Capt Ahn gave her a replacement pair.  The 2 Ahns.  I think ChiHong will make a cameo at the end.  To be with SeonBin.  Did you notice how she knew that ChiHong had transferred to the SongNo branch and started clinical rotations that day (when SHwa asked SB and SM?).  That meant she was still in contact with him and chatted often. :wub:  

• Like 2

In two (me, in three) days we will see what's in store. We all have questions that need to be fullfilled by ShinLee duo. @nrllee you convinced me with your theory about Maggot who's already lost interest. I rewatched the date scene again, and the more I looked at it the more I agree with you. Let PaBo experiences his broken heart, hard ! :naughty: He should learn from Seok-Hyeong and Minha on how to handle love interest in workplace 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

@BulmaGoku I think that was what was telling in this ep.  LeeShin was obviously comparing the 2 girls and their love interests.  One got stood up and didn’t get her dream date.  The other had a date.  But it is Bear couple that progressed.  Jang and PaBo’s date was shallow by comparison.  They learnt nothing new about each other.  PaBo lied to her again (about how he found out about her allergic reaction). Bear couple was vulnerable and honest.  They shared a moment.  SH admitted to being scared.  They connected on a deeper level. Jang just told PaBo she would handle everything herself.  The work related question that was asked?  Jang handled it herself.  Bear couple will do battle for the mother and baby TOGETHER in the next ep.  It will cement their bond.  That’s how a relationship grows and lasts.  It’s about connecting on that deeper level.  Bear couple may not have had their romantic date, but they are a team.  MinHa understands SH.  He let her into his innermost fears and thoughts.  He doesn’t do that for anyone.  She’s special to him.  So I have great hopes for their relationship.  It’s gotten past the superficial stuff (missing dates etc).  MinHa has been a real trooper.  No wonder YS said that he was cheering for Bear couple.  I am too. :lol:.  We need PaBo to grow up and learn that shallow is not where it’s at if he wants a long term relationship that will last.  Jang will be his learning experience.  

• Like 2