FlowerGarden (Ahn JeongWon ♥️ Chae SongHwa)

nrllee

On 8/27/2021 at 6:58 AM, nrllee said:

Still paddling.  Because ShinLee are still trolling. :lol:.  WG still keeping mum about their relationship.  Talk about break up…again… and SW’s scene where she drops off IJ’s present?  The moon appears again (Moon and making wishes - mirror of S1Ep10.  Just like the whole scene before in her office about presents. And he made her coffee.  And they watched the rain through the window).  IJ isn’t there to receive his present.  She leaves it in his office.  And it’s cheap?  Something he will use.  That’s not what you give someone you adore.  It would be thoughtful.  Not necessarily functional.  Something that took time.  Like daisies.  Which were sick and then had to be rehabilitated.  

Reveal hidden contents

Gah I just went to watch the scene (subbed) where PaBo is in the room with the GS Profs and they are talking to Jang and the other resident GeOn (Whose name is really Lee JeongWon).  Trolling much? :lol:

2 GS Profs chatting about…finances and DLL.

Prof1 - I did bring it up but it’s a bit much financially.

Prof2 (looks at PaBo) - JeongWong.  Prof Ahn. (Why would LWJ split it like that?  It’s because SW is in the room…and conversation.  SW calls PaBo JWon-ah.  And Jang refers to him as Prof Ahn.  SW is first choice and Jang second.  Just like strawberry and tangerine/orange - the little girl’s choices)

PB - yes?

Prof1 - do you have DLL’s number? (That would be SW now.). It’s a social services department.

PB - yes.  I will send it to you now.

Prof2 - GyeoUl-ah. Dr Jang GU (again 2 names…it’s a mirror.  WG are still shallow.  Distant…despite the sob story). 

Jang - yes Professor?

Prof2 - did you break up with your bf by any chance?

(Jang and PB exchange secret looks)

Jang - why do you ask?

Prof2 - well you’ve been seeing him for a while, but no news about you getting hitched.  So I was wondering if you were still with him?

Jang - yes I am.

Prof2 - you see, maybe I am being too nosy. If you 2 break up, just tell us okay? (Breaking up mentioned yet again?  Camera pans in on Lee JeongWon - GeOn character.  Prof2 takes a side glance at him).  I want to set you up with someone.

(GeOn whips his chair around and stares at Prof2)

GeOn - Professor.

(Jang looks at him.  GeOn looks at her.  PB glares at Prof2.)

Prof1 - GeOn says you’re his type. :lol:

(GeOn looks appalled)

GeOn - Professor!

Prof1 (continues, looking at PB) - we grabbed a bite to eat with the residents when you (PB) weren’t here.  While we were talking about ideal types, YuRi, SeHoon and JiWoo all named an idol singer (this again???  They keep hinting at this), but GeOn said Dr Jang was his type.

(Jang and PB look uncomfortable with that reveal - really?  A love triangle?) 

(GeOn gets up and bows to apologize to Jang)

GeOn - I’m sorry. I apologize. (Jang nods and gives him a wry smile)

Prof1 - why are you sorry?  There’s nothing to apologize for?  Don’t apologize unless you’re really…(he gets interrupted by PB ringing him :lol:.  He picks up the phone).  Hey Prof Ahn. You called me by mistake. 

PB - yes I know I called you. I sent you a phone number.  Call that number now. (DLL/SW).

Prof1 - okay I will call later.  This is just getting interesting. :lol: (turning to look at GeOn)

PB - no, do it now!  It’s now or never.  Call now.  (Take your own advice PABO. :huh:)

Prof1 - now?

PB - yes. JiGum. RIGHT NOW (he says this part in English…just like how SW said I LIKE YOU).

Prof1 - okay.  (Stands to leave and looks at Prof2) you wrap it up.

Prof2 - all right. 

(PB gets a call about an NICU baby with abdominal distension)

PB - okay I am coming now. (Walks out but not before staring down GeOn. Jang stands up and leaves with him).

Still hoping? Still trolling? goodluck

Or maybe another dream again?

Hey, to each their own.. 

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

Coming to gloat are we?  Kinda low but okay I will bite.  Yes @Vicmrtnz.  Right to the end.  I am on the side of reason and logic.  FG is the logical pairing.  IkSong was a WG Mark2?  Same format.  SW groveled and asked IJ out in 1999.  Was turned down flat like PaBo did Jang in S1.  Then the car confession (a second groveling like Jang in Ep12) which was oddly filmed because the wiper blades kept going in their make out kiss (and Shin deliberately filmed that kiss like that - which is ridiculous if you think about it.  Ruins the mood totally).

Then Shin got ChiHong to drop by for a cameo…and his scene?  Was with SB.  The other ship I mentioned ShinLee had hidden away in S1.  He was someone she could rely on.  Just like SW said in the very beginning in her interview about PaBo.  He was someone she could rely on. SW said…keep it up. 

spacer.png

And their conversation that was highlighted for us?

spacer.png

2 becoming 1.  Marriage?

spacer.png

They supported each other when times were hard.

That’s what defines a couple that will stay together.  Not just for a year.  Not just occasionally.  IJ told SW to jump the rest of the puddles herself in Ep10.  Why didn’t he say he would jump with her?  That would seal it.  That they would tackle future hurdles together.

So yes.  I am still paddling and will do so regardless of what ShinLee give us.  Bear couple has been the exemplar of a mature relationship for people in their 40s.  So has Dove couple to a certain extent.  IkSong and WG is unrealistic as a mature age relationship.  So yes I will continue to stand for reason.  :)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@mayy it was a deconstruction of the SHwa that we knew in S1.  ShinLee did to her what they did to PaBo?  What happened to the SHwa who never changes her mind?  No means no?  She said no to CH and she meant it.  She was a smart, capable, independent woman who liked what she liked - camping and told IJ off when he kept harping to her about repeating the mantra before meals (that’s demeaning?).  She’s 40yo.  Well respected in her field.  They reduced her to a simpering school girl who didn’t know her mind?  It’s misogynistic?  Why does she need to grovel?  IJ turned her down first time back in 1999 with a lame lie (blind date my foot?).  That was cowardly?  Just like PaBo turning Jang down in S1 when she asked him out?  He lied as well?  Why not do it like SHwa did with SH?  Tell the truth?  It’s terrible how ShinLee have normalized the fact that “no from a woman is not a no, it can be yes”.  They’ve turned SHwa into an indecisive woman.  And all for a man?  It was undignified and hard to watch.  Previews seem to dumb her down even more on their date next week.  She really is turning into Jang2.  Same formula.  Actually if you watch the kiss scene for IJ and SHwa, Shin filmed it from the outside.  With the windscreen wipers on full (as if to scrub it out) and a red light in the background.  Hazard lights on.  Exactly like how he did the other scene with WG when he dropped Jang off.  Hazard lights.  Dutch angle.  Speeding train (CGI’d in for effect).  He’s up to something.  He’s deliberately making it ridiculous.  So I wouldn’t put it past him to give us a reveal (maybe even in the variety with Na). 

Bear couple was the exemplar. SH didn’t let MH grovel.  He gave her 5 chances to confess (to test that she was really serious about hooking up with a divorcee).  Then he took charge and asked her instead.  A good man doesn’t let his woman grovel.  He saves her from that indignity and takes the indignity and risk upon himself and asks.  He was overt and confessed to Rosa and Ju at the cinema (no hiding like WG - who are still dating in secret?).  He slapped down IJ’s offer of help with “ChuChu”.  He’s a grown man, he doesn’t need a Cupid/matchmaker.  Last I looked IJ was the cause of Dove couple’s break up in the first place? 

So far in S2 ShinLee have ticked off almost every KDrama trope there is. Ep11 was the sickbed epiphany.  I am still paddling because FG is like Bear couple.  Slow and steady.  Respectfulness.  Being reliable.  Shared values.  FG shared a vision.  DLL. Children’s Hospital.  That’s all but a distant memory now. The PaBo and SHwa on screen of late have turned into caricatures of their original selves.  Shadows.  I am waiting to see if they are going to use Singing In The Rain as a template.  The switching of Lina with Kathy right at the end.  The TaDa moment.  I find it really odd that they went straight to filming with Na.  I wouldn’t put it past them to use it as a smokescreen to further film HP under the guise of a variety.  Na appeared in HP2 as a PD.  So it’s in the script.  :lol:

Does this sound familiar?  It’s the scene with IJ.  And what we are seeing in HP2 is a play on this scenario.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T_iSgyzfix5V8XxKthGBbIlcDj1NMiqYXzCKHBbxCR0/

Na deconstructed that MV for SechSkies afterwards.  Which gave us a totally different perspective to what we were seeing.  Will he do the same with HP2?   

I was right about CH coming back with a cameo.  For a scene with SB.  It’s in the script.  They were an item in the past.  Behind the scenes.  Battling it out together in residency years.  CH was someone SB could rely on.  MiDo said in an interview and described JWon as someone she could rely on. IJ was her best friend. The 2 Ahns are linked.

• Love 1

O and while I am at it, why have IJ and SHwa play the card game Bluff?  :lol:  Why not Snap.  Or Go Fish or something like Poker?  Why Bluff?  Consistent with the Bluffer cameo by Yoo JaeMyeong?  And did you notice his name in the drama?  It was Prof Shin.  PD Shin inserting himself into the drama.  Just like Stan Lee.  He’s got tricks up his sleeve he has.  Sometimes he lies sometimes he doesn’t.

Paddling our canoe. He’s up to something.  I can feel it in my bones.  :lol:

• Love 1

I am here with you @nrllee. I am sorry I haven't been active since summer holiday is over. But I am with you on this. Thank God there are still some audience with brain who spot the red flags everywhere with IkSong and WG pairings. Giving Jang a sob story background is very lame trick to make a man stays. And make Shwa suddenly have epiphany after Ikjun's accident was sooooo out of date tricks even for Kdrama standards. I was laughing so loud with the silliness of it all. Poor Shwa who has to endure all of that. 

Whatever the ending, we know very well the ridiculousness  of IkSong and WG. Good luck to Jwon who has to face Jang's pouty face. Poor him. Poor Shwa who has to behave in front of IkJun. She couldn't eat as freely as before. Good luck with those pairings. 

We are keeping our Flower Garden to ourselves. Peace. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Remember this? :lol:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T_iSgyzfix5V8XxKthGBbIlcDj1NMiqYXzCKHBbxCR0/

The scenario painted by Na is pretty much the same thing we saw in Ep11.  Yet Shin dispensed with it and gave us his version of the MV by SechSkies.

What if the dichotomy we are witnessing in S2 (and many have said the pacing is strangely off, not just FGrs) is because they are quite literally filming a soap opera “Good Doctors” (as mentioned by IJ in S1) in parallel with reality.  So an alternate reality.  Singing in the Rain.  Na plays a PD in HP.  Not long to wait now.  Still paddling my canoe. 2hrs 40min is like 2 eps packed into 1.  Still time enough.  Marriage not dating.  WG and IkSong have a long way to go before they head down that aisle.  FG on the other hand has already been locked in from the get go.  We don’t need dates.  They are already aligned.  DLL.  Ship named. Someone they can rely on (MiDo said JWon was someone she could rely on in her interview).  Daisies.  Rainbow.  TaDa.

• Shocked 1
  • Love 1

D-Day.

There’s been a theory floating around about the card games.  This is my interpretation of the 3 card games (contextually)

1. poker - I believe this was mentioned in the fake proposal set up by IJ for Jang to try to get PaBo jealous.  Anyway, he told her in the game of poker, you have to convince yourself that you have the upper hand.

IJ - pretend you didn’t get dealt a bad hand. You got a straight flush. 
Jang - I don’t know much about poker.

IJ - pretend that you have a boyfriend, not a younger brother.  Convince yourself that the one who gave you these roses is your boyfriend. (No need to pretend.  He proposed to her:lol:)

Keeping a poker face.  Hiding your true hand till the final reveal.  But why do you need to bluff in matters of the heart?  This dynamic has carried on right through the WG relationship.  Started with lies.  Continued with lies.  Not just to each other but also to the public.  A good relationship is forged on trust.  Lies undermine trust.  

2. solitaire.  You play this by yourself.  IJ plays this on his computer.  I believe this is Shin foreshadowing that he will remain a single dad.  And return to his universe (UJu means Universe).  ShinLee’s dramas usually has someone remaining single.  In R88 it was JHwan.  In Prison Playbook it was Loony.  That came out of nowhere didn’t it?  Loony shooting up again and arrested.

3. Cheat/Bluff.  This was the card game that IJ and SHwa were playing when IS walked in on them and pronounced that they looked like they were an item.  I already said it before.  It’s a “bluff”.  That’s why Shin filmed their kiss scene the way he did.  With the windscreen wipers on full.  Scrubbing it out.  And their date tonight?  It has the same vibe as WG.  Immature and unrealistic.  The voiceover by IJ in the preview has already set the tone.

IJ - SHwa.  Let’s do what other couples do. (Huh?  Why does he have to spell it out like that?  So Oliver and Claire - Maybe Happy Ending.  He knows the drill?  He’s had many gfs in med school.  He’s even been married?  Why does it even need to be verbalised?).

SHwa - we’re going out on a date. I’m going to have dinner with him this weekend. And we’ll go for a walk too. (Huh?  Again, why do you as a 40yo have to even spell it out like that?  Bizarre.  Robotic? Oliver and Claire).

After 2hrs 40min ShinLee will reveal his hand.  Will he opt to please the vast majority of WGrs and IkSong shippers?  Or will he give us the ship (a little canoe) that he and LWJ personally “named” in the drama.  Baby Song Jeong…Won.  :wub:

• LOL 1

Final notes for Ep12. Moot point now seeing there is no S3 planned. Restricted access for FGrs only I’m afraid (although it is pretty much exactly what I wrote in BoD).  Peace out. :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-aoa_Xd0Pf53StLD_dxiHrYMJXmUcKq0f2aKYGCqwN0/

EDIT - Leaving this as a fitting conclusion.  The final FG parallel?  Going away for a year.  Same lines.  A year will fly by very fast.  It’s just for 1 year.  And MH called SH “Oppa”, someone else still called her love “Professor”.  Contrast is stark. :lol:.  But whatever.  Time to walk away from HP.  Adieu!  

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Thank you @Vicmrtnz for all your love and support.  Wouldn’t have been the same without you.  Makes my day thinking that I had so much sway for other ships to come by and read (and leave reacts!).  My view count keeps going up!  Just goes to show FGrs may be small in number but our voices (and brains) carry clout.  :D  Till next time, stay safe and healthy so we can meet in another drama and have robust exchanges!  

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

On 9/18/2021 at 7:02 AM, nrllee said:

EDIT - Leaving this as a fitting conclusion.  The final FG parallel?  Going away for a year.  Same lines.  A year will fly by very fast.  It’s just for 1 year.  And MH called SH “Oppa”, someone else still called her love “Professor”.  Contrast is stark. :lol:.  But whatever.  Time to walk away from HP.  Adieu!  

Yeah, contrast is stark! One being away to lessen the workloads, alone. And another one is study/work and living together with his loved ones, far away from the buzz of others just the two of them in their own bubble. Just like his profile description: "I wanna go to a place where I and the person I love can be happy together. Take one more step to the next level beyond the lover, with Winter."

Well hello there @minerva_mcgonagall.  The contrast was meant to be between WG (Jang still persists in calling PaBo Professor - must be some kinky Prof-mentee thing they have going on?) and Bear couple (where MinHa calls SH “Oppa”).  The parallel was that both PaBo and SHwa went away for a year.  And the group pretty much repeated the same lines to the 2…a year will fly by very fast.

How about we wait to see if season 3 will give us a wedding?  I mean, PaBo was going to propose wasn’t he?  What happened to that ring?  Did he toss it?  Like IJ did?  Why didn’t he give it to Jang later on?  On their many dates?  He had opportunities to?  ShinLee left it very open didn’t they?  Also, why didn’t ShinLee give us 4 weddings?  If this is the end?  They gave us a funeral in the start?  :lol:.  And I would say of the 4 couples, the 2 that are the most tenuous would be IkSong and WG.  It’s not just FGrs saying it.  I would say even those who don’t ship think there’s something wrong with those relationships.  But whatever.  Are you guys so bored that you want a rematch?  Would you want a S3?  And run the risk of your couples being dismantled?  Or would you take your money and run for the hills?  :lol:

As for me I am waving my wand…Obliviate.  If you return to stir the pot some more, the mods will be notified.  Adieu.

• LOL 1

• ferily locked this topic