FlowerGarden (Ahn JeongWon ♥️ Chae SongHwa)

nrllee

On 4/1/2021 at 8:16 AM, nrllee said:

Yes @nrllee, I agree wholeheartedly that HP is like the continuation of R94. The many references either on plots or characterisations are too glaringly similar to ignore.

- Look at Haitai and his style and personality? Look at Samcheonpo too. They both were country boys who came to Seoul, bonded together as best buddies and became Seoulites.

- Ikjun has Haitai's personality in how he led Jwan in their style just like Haitai did with Samcheonpo. Haitai was club regulars and dragged Samcheonpo with him lol.

- Meanwhile, Jwan has Samcheonpo's personality. 

- Haitai's hometown girlfriend returned their couple ring in a parcel just like Jwan received his returned ring for Iksun.

- Haitai said to Trash he would have confessed to Najung but he didn't because she was his friend. Jwan told Iksun that Shwa is his really good friend.

- Both Jwan x Iksun came from same hometown.

- As for Samcheonpo, he fell hard for the toughest fangirl of SeoTaiji in the house, YoonJin, different towns couple.  

- Samcheonpo wore a full cyclist suit for his cycling trip just like Ikjun who likes to cycle to work.

- As for Shwa, she plays the medical expertise same as Trash. Trash also has to talk to sons of his dying patient about her leaving her sons. Similar situation to how Shwa has to deal with the twins.

- Najung has to leave Seoul to work in Australia. Will Jwon go to Sokcho as indicated by the Director that they have a PED there?

- Trash has to transfer to Busan for a year. Shwa left for Sokcho for a year.

- Trash asked Najung if she wants to marry him. Shwa told Jwon, Let's get married. Lol

- Samcheonpo bickered with Yoojin initially but slowly cared for her. Ikjun did so too with his resident. And guess who is the aloof cold Army fangirl in HP who is destined for this cyclist who only cares for her whenever, wherever, however, to the point of making her pretended the flowers from his was from her fiancee, giving her chocolate just like his sister did to Jwan? Take a guess.... kekeke

So, what was the ending for these two? Haitai got back together and married his hometown girlfriend. Samcheonpo married Yoonjin. And oh, Najung married Trash lol.

For me, HP is the Writer's way of correcting her mistake for Chilbong. It's Chilbong's chance encounter with his girl, his love story. Chilbong is the only one from Seoul. And in HP we have Shwa x Jwon x Shyeong as the Seoul trio. We know how Shwa felt for Shyeong. We know how Shwa treated Jwon caringly as he treated her. This time the main couple's story is the story of our kindhearted Seoul couple, Shwa x Jwon = Flower Garden. Amen.

:happydance:

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, miracle23 said:

For me, HP is the Writer's way of correcting her mistake for Chilbong. It's Chilbong's chance encounter with his girl, his love story.

Yes this is how I feel too.  LeeShin felt bad for Chilbongie.  To be honest so did I :lol:.  That’s why I didn’t watch R94 from start to finish because by about Ep4, I could see that LeeShin was reserving NaJung for Trash.  And I didn’t particularly warm to Trash as a character.  Trash and NaJung were end game.  I did start watching it backwards though to find the parallels with HP.  Bravo to you for finding those parallels.  

As for flashbacks, couples that had flashbacks to the very beginning spelt an end to their existing would-be relationship.  IJ when he met SHwa.  And then the ring on her birthday.  ChiHong and SHwa first meeting flashback also spelt the end of their “romantic” relationship.  And someone else had a flashback right at the very end as well to their first meet up.  LeeShin hasn’t shown us FG first meeting for that very reason.  And of course the fateful encounter between Romantic Winter wasn’t a flashback either.    The SechSkies video that Shin produced and filmed pretty much sealed it for me about where he’s taking Romantic Winter (and how we were right in guessing that it was an underlying storyline that was humming along nicely in the background, just like FG). 

• Like 2
  • Off-Topic 1

Another post from our affiliate tumblr. They established that Shwa x Jwon as coming from Seoul in S1. Not sure how the backstory of Shwa x Jwon will be revealed next in S2. The consistent used of these references is too much, no? :joy: It is like a set of rules they stick to and follow diligently.

https://ourpsychicfg.tumblr.com/post/647377305451249664/hospital-playlist-reply-series-prison-playbook

Just like Canon, HP is an imitation-based drama indeed. :relieved:

4 hours ago, nrllee said:

[...]

As for flashbacks, couples that had flashbacks to the very beginning spelt an end to their existing would-be relationship.  IJ when he met SHwa.  And then the ring on her birthday.  ChiHong and SHwa first meeting flashback also spelt the end of their “romantic” relationship.  And someone else had a flashback right at the very end as well to their first meet up.  [...]

Talking about flashbacks, it is another common reference/rule used by ShinLee. In Japan, Chilbong has a flashback of his snowy winter confession to Najung. Junhwan of R1988 also has a flashback featuring Deoksun. In HP, Chihong, Ikjun, & Shyeong all have flashbacks with Shwa either regarding first meeting, confession and/or rejection. Someone has flashback on Jwon too. The main subjects of affection on these flashbacks are Shwa x Jwon. Shin PD refused to expose who are FG's lovelines in their casting iv post HP S1 when he supposedly already confirmed all lovelines. But he did explicitly exposed the subject of affections of the two residents related to our FG.

We'll see nrllee if they will remain consistent in applying their rules. ^^

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

cr - https://youtu.be/kYPVo2E9Fw4spacer.png

And then our rhythm section in synch :wub:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Flower Garden :hooray2:

Off topic

Spoiler

(Romantic Winter - Shin frames the proposal from R88 couple with them in the middle of the screen :lol:) - everyone else is laughing but not Jang (she’s appalled that the lady would suggest that IJ marry her daughter)

spacer.png

IJ steals a look at Jang to check out how she’s reacting to the proposal.  

spacer.png

See how Shin frames the 2 of them in the middle of the frame.  The man does the proposal with the golden turtle (like Taek did in R88)

spacer.png

Again in the middle of the frame.  The line of sight.  Jang to IJ.

spacer.png

And I only just noticed.  UJu’s gf?  Whom we never see but he keeps mentioning?  Her surname is Jang too :lol:

spacer.png

• Like 4

When Shin insists on something whilst filming a scene and is adamant about it (refusing to let it slide), I always pay attention to try to figure out why.  Because it means in his eyes, the scene as it plays out is significant visually.  The Kalgaksu scene took 8hrs to film.  It was significant because it determined how the 5 related to each other.   But I digress.  We know his fixation on lines.  When there are significant lines between a couple, it is his way of saying that they aren’t end game.  This particular BTS in Ep6 piqued my interest.  Shin insisted on a reshoot.  Because he had told YS that he had to do his lines where the arrow is.

spacer.png

And that’s odd.  Because it means JWon would be off centre in the frame of the camera.  Why would Shin do that?  In fact when YS missed doing his lines at the agreed spot the first time, Shin ordered a reshoot.

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

Note also the resident in the background.  She had to do her walk again.  Which means she is significant in this particular scene.  This scene was at the end of Ep6.  When Jang rang JWon to tell him that the liver was too large for baby Ji-A.

What’s in the middle of the frame?  It’s the line in the middle.  As the scene plays out visually, there’s a line between Jwon and the resident in the background (who is representing Jang on the phone).  That’s why Shin was so insistent that YS say his lines at the agreed spot.  He’s playing with lines again. :lol:.

This is the actual approved footage.

JWon paces.  Picks up his phone as it rings at the agreed spot.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Talks to Jang (the line in the background underneath the green exit sign is between JWon and the resident representing Jang)

Spoiler

spacer.png

And he cuts the frame here and moves to a solo shot focusing on JWon’s disappointed face next.  The line is clearly visible between them.   It’s Shin’s way of telling us that they aren’t end game.  

spacer.png

I am patiently waiting for the reveal in S2.  I do have an inkling that there won’t be a S3.  Too many of the main casts have taken up projects that seem to overlap with future filming of HP?  I guess we will find out soon.  If S2 is the end of HP then we will get the FG reveal towards the end of S2.  Probably around Ep10 (speculation).  Just like in Ep10 in S1 we had an overload of FG scenes when we had close to none before.  And of course the marriage proposal.  :wub:

• Like 1

O looks like S2 script reading has dropped.  Hard to make out who the new cast is.  If there is any?  No reveals as yet.  YYS toeing the party line :lol: right through.

spacer.png

But this... the line... is crossed :lol: by the + .  I don’t suppose there’s been any further news about if there will be a S3 or no.  Looking forward to S2 regardless.

spacer.png
cr https://youtu.be/iaKyDZGC2Eg

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 2

The Hare & the Tortoise

cr http://read.gov/aesop/025.html

A Hare was making fun of the Tortoise one day for being so slow.

"Do you ever get anywhere?" he asked with a mocking laugh.

"Yes," replied the Tortoise, "and I get there sooner than you think. I'll run you a race and prove it."

The Hare was much amused at the idea of running a race with the Tortoise, but for the fun of the thing he agreed. So the Fox, who had consented to act as judge, marked the distance and started the runners off.

The Hare was soon far out of sight, and to make the Tortoise feel very deeply how ridiculous it was for him to try a race with a Hare, he lay down beside the course to take a nap until the Tortoise should catch up.

The Tortoise meanwhile kept going slowly but steadily, and, after a time, passed the place where the Hare was sleeping. But the Hare slept on very peacefully; and when at last he did wake up, the Tortoise was near the goal. The Hare now ran his swiftest, but he could not overtake the Tortoise in time.

Moral of the story - The race is not always to the swift.

spacer.png

JeongWon’s Crocs. (Cr jeestylist Instagram) - the tortoise 

Just like Taek in R88 finally proposed to DeokSun with the golden turtle, I wonder if that will be JWon’s proposal item to SHwa?  It’s a love story for the ages.  Flower Garden. :hooray2:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

Looks like reporting season is on us.  Trolls have invaded my turf.  :lol:.  Your names have been taken down and sent to mods.  Stay in your own lane please - you have your own shipping thread AND the main thread to voice your opinions and yet you choose to troll here?  Talk about me all you want in your own shipping thread.  Why barge into mine?  Tsk tsk.  

Why indeed? Come on, they have their own space to talk about whatever they like. But when it's us, they wanna play the Magistrate and dictate how we should navigate our brain and feelings? And then claim we bully them?  Like where is the logic in that? Stay on your freaking lane!

Anyhow, June is still 2 months away. Got other things to occupy ourselves in the meantime.

Stay safe, nrllee! ^^

• Off-Topic 1
  • Wiggle 1

Yes please LeeShin.  A reshoot.  With FG.  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1A493VrFn9jLigr4G2_zL8ma-J7S7UD90YSTQhR9RwcA/

If S2 is the finish for the HP series, then I anticipate we won’t get much of the FG arc till possibly Ep10?  Waiting for a SunWoo-BoRa confession scene where SHwa does the confession.  She’s going to knock JWon out just like she did the abusive dad.  Jang looked to have caught him but the dad got up and then out of nowhere, SHwa nails him.  I look forward to how that will play out in the LeeShin Universe.  And then we will likely have flashbacks to fill in how Jwon supported SHwa in her biopsy results.  He was going to do the Pink Run - which is in support of breast cancer, but was called away by a patient.  I wager it was the same when he showed up to support her but was called away.  Exciting times.  :wub:  Our rhythm section is learning to lock in (in real life)...finishing each other’s sentences.  I keep replaying this segment because it’s just so natural.  They aren’t even conscious of it?  That’s the mark of locking in.  When you’re so in synch that you don’t even have to think about it.  It just flows. :wub:  Shin did this edit.  So he’s showing intentionality.  Crossing (+) the line :lol:.  

• Like 2