FlowerGarden (Ahn JeongWon ♥️ Chae SongHwa)

nrllee

PD Shin said this about love in your 40s.  Although he was speaking about IJ and SHwa (he was asked specifically about their relationship), it applies to all the 99rs.  They are all in their 40s.

”It’s been 20 years since they were in their twenties. During that time, they would have met many people and formed many relationships, and they’re at an age where old memories alone are not enough to live each day with passion. They’re no longer at the age to passionately fall in love at first sight or where emotions of love overtake your everyday life.”

This is why Bear couple and Bidulgi couple have moved as they have.  Slowly.  There may have been confessions but it’s still steady as she goes.  Taking their time to make sure.  Not leaping straight into it.  So the same would apply to our FG couple.  They are already so in synch that there isn’t much that needs to be said to have them walk down the aisle.  That’s why Rosa said SHwa was her first pick.  She knows SHwa is best for her son.  A quiet understanding.  No fireworks.  I am looking forward to Ep10 BTS.  That’s where our FG had all their moments.  The DLL handover.  The marriage proposal.  The one on one times spent together.  They already know each other so well.  Theirs is my favourite kind of courtship.  Understated.  Slow and steady.  Over coffee.  Sometimes with no words necessary.  Flowers are starting to bloom in Spring.  I am thinking they will finally reveal it to us in autumn.  Because they are in the autumn of their lives.  And JWon goes hiking in autumn.  And SHwa goes camping.  A campervan holiday/honeymoon would be lovely for our FlowerGarden couple.  :wub:  Or would it be a trip for Rosa/Ju, SHwa and JWon.  It was Rosa’s wish?  Which option would LeeShin pick?  I wait with eager anticipation.

• Like 2

Firstly, @nrllee, can we please ask mod to remove the pests lurking here? That ryan and seasonal whatever. Why are they so scared of FG when they have been so sure of their own ship, I wonder? Dude, play at your own turf. What's up with your insecurity complex? 

Anyway, I think the turning point for FG, if  ever, would be at Ep. 7 of S2 @nrllee just like in S1. This is when Canon the music will return to its old position, our FG will return to their dynamic as indicated in the Kalguksu scene. Even if ShinLee decided to change their philosophy on long lasting love this time just because the 99ers are people in their 40s, we know in our books that FG is the best relationship out there. This is a relationship to root for where one supports, trusts, understands and love each other without measures. There is no me me me. Stay for me. Live for me. That is just a start of a problematic relationship, especially when his mother was the one asking for help yet the girl wanting him to stay not because of his mother plea but because she wants him to stay in front of her. Lol. Girl, a picture will suffice. Lmao. The future conflicts that I don't envy. 

I don't know what LWJ will be writing, nor what Shin PD is planning. If they think a love for people in their 40s are that much different than those in their 30s or even 20s, whatever. For me, despite your age, you love unconditionally. Even if you are in your 20s you would want stability, someone who you can lean on and trust in your long term journey into marriage. That will not change according to my book. 

Shin PD said old memories alone are not enough to live each day with passion. Oddly, Jwan returns to his past i.e. iksun, the girl who grew up with him as they are from same hometown. Shyeong having to deal with his past i.e.  his ex-wife. Ikjun wanting to make up for his unfinished confession to his old flame i.e. Shwa. Shwa has been remembering her past i.e. the rain that holds so many memories to her. What are those memories? As for Jwon, he is the only one leaving his past i.e. his dream of becoming a priest. What is there in his past? Who is his 1st love? These are to be continued. ^^

• Like 3

@miracle23 well we can’t stop anyone from coming to read.  They must have too much time?  Rude posts have been removed by mods so that’s a good start.  If they keep coming just to give negative reacts they will cop warnings.  Not sure why they have to come round to cause trouble.  I guess it says a lot about what their ship is like?  The last bunch of fan girls I dealt with were booted out of Soompi.  So if they keep pushing the mod buttons, they will be shown the door too.  We’re peace loving and want no trouble.  That’s why we stay here in our lane.  Much like FG.  :wub:  Just quietly and happily paddling our canoe. :)

Ep7?  That would be sooner than I anticipate but I don’t mind. :lol:  As for love in their 40s, it’s more subdued.  That’s why Shin put in girl twin and her bf Vs Bidulgi couple?  Same scenario but totally different responses?  One is immature and feisty (20s).  The other is level and calm (40s).  When in their 40s, it’s about thinking through their similarities and how they will work as a team in married/partner life.  What their dreams are, where their priorities are.  They should align or they would just be asking for trouble.  Bear and Bidulgi couple is the way it should develop.  Neither jumped on their love interests.  They waited.  They are taking their time.  They valued the other as a person of worth.  Not an object to be had or dominated.  So I am standing on my assessment that the kiss in Ep12 was a dream, it didn’t happen.  Cinderella never got to kiss her prince.  She ran off at midnight.  The song for the Disney Cinderella is “A dream is a wish your heart makes”, so it all points to it being a dream.  We’ll have to wait and see how LeeShin spin it in S2.  It took them 4 years to get the concepts, plots and research for HP.  It won’t just be a straightforward thing.  The Easter eggs are real.  That’s why we keep finding more as we dig deeper.  They wouldn’t have taken 4years otherwise.  The fewer FGrs there are, the better our odds of being correct.  Because Shin lives to troll.  He loves the fact that he pulled a fast one over the vast majority of people.  Mafia.  He lies so well. :lol:

• Like 3

EVENT: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

The gossip loving EOs are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds :hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Love 1

47 minutes ago, keutin said:

I haven't watched R94. Do I need to watch it? :grimace:

Nah.  It was just fun to see the links.  I have included screenshots so you can follow along.  I had time in between waiting for HP2 to start so I went looking.  LeeShin love to incorporate past dramas into existing ones.  They keep bringing in references?  It was plainly obvious they did R88 in HP1?  The cameos.  The gold tortoise gift that the actor who played Taek’s dad in R88 tried to give IJ.  Taek gave DeokSun a gold tortoise as his proposal gift?

YYS was in R94 as Chilbongie.  There are a fair number of crossover references there too.  Did you read the Italy Vs Korea article?  (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Q5WlVbHEcwsTyAp1166ykzMo-W899QB5AVSndOUhSGg/). That was from R94.  It was plainly obvious that LeeShin used that as a metaphor for the HP plot where JWon’s priestly ambitions.  Going to Italy.  Friends was also mentioned in R94.  (https://docs.google.com/document/d/14S7s7pYihOr4q6TjFy0yo5z54OgcCV8LMsexAabJaBk/). And Shin PD mentioned Friends in one of his HP interview?  See the links?  :lol:  I get the feeling HP is YYS’s pay day.  He missed out on the main girl in R94.  This time he will get the main girl SHwa.  She’s definitely got him in her sights.  From Ep10 on, when she learnt about DLL, his standing in her eyes elevated from just being a good friend.  She was besotted. She stared at him.  She spent one on one time with him.  She went out of her way to make sure he was fed.  All this little things point to her growing concern and love.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, keutin said:

I haven't watched R94. Do I need to watch it? :grimace:

@keutin do you want HP spoiler plus variations? If yes, then go watch!!!! Hahahaha... else wait a bit. Our friend will post a sneak peek later today so you will get some idea :grin:

That's right, @nrlleemajor imitations/ references being made from the Reply series and Prison Playbook. Shinlee is working really hard in making HP = Canon in D by J. Pachelbel. The imitations and the variations, the reason there's a band in HP is to make this happen. 

@keutin have you watch the Youth Over Flowers Laos edition? Shinlee was there doting on the 3 guys. YYS carried the travel book like a priest and eagerly hopped on Buddhist temple hunt dragging the reluctant boys kekekeke... ShinLee's inspiration for YYS and Jwon came from wayyyyy back. 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, miracle23 said:

@keutin have you watch the Youth Over Flowers Laos edition? Shinlee was there doting on the 3 guys. YYS carried the travel book like a priest and eagerly hopped on Buddhist temple hunt dragging the reluctant boys kekekeke... ShinLee's inspiration for YYS and Jwon came from wayyyyy back. 

No, I haven't. The YOF that I watched was with the R88 guys (Africa). Of course, it made me love Taekki more. I can't wait for 17th June! Honestly, there's a part of me that is also pretty scared that what if my FG ship doesn't come true, would I continue watching S2? But now that I'm rewatching S1, I really feel my FG ship is stronger with hints here and there of JWon and SHwa being so perfect for each other.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@keutin I believe @packmule3 will be having throwback Thursdays at BoD.  Where she will repost her articles for public viewing.  Those who missed out in the first round whilst we were live watching will get to read the articles again and post comments.  That will be the lead up to S2.  It will fortify our standing as to why we are team FG.  The Easter eggs are all there.  What’s interesting is that the more you dig, the more links you will pick up from their other dramas.  Because LeeShin are meticulous about how they write and build their universe.  HP took 4 years to put together.  You can bet that the story would’ve been painstakingly put together.  If they took all that time to build in all these clues, it’s highly unlikely that they will toss all that aside to please the general masses.  Had there not been the SechSkies music video, I would’ve been less certain because it’s been a while since S1 ended.  But Shin produced that whole music video.  Using the actress SHB as GyeoUl was obviously a nod to HP.  And the doctor in the video wasn’t JWon.  It was IJ.  For him to put them together in the music video (a parody) says we were right to assume that there was a love line happening in the background between the 2 of them. :lol:.  So if there was a love line there for Romantic Winter happening in the background, then it stands to reason that our FG rhythm pair would be playing in the background too.  Steadily.  Just like the tortoise.  Marching steadily to the end.  He needs to make sure that the hare stays asleep whilst the tortoise marches on for full effect.  Whether FG sails in S2 or not depends on whether there is a S3 planned.  We know LeeShin planned for at least 2 seasons.  The 3rd was dependent on how everyone felt after going through 1 iteration of the seasonal format.  I get the feeling that with COVID and because so many of the main cast seemed to have moved on with other dramas, they may have decided to finish the series at S2.  If so then I am quietly confident and anticipating that FG will sail this toward the end of this season.  

• Like 3

@miracle23 I loved how you put it all in pics :lol:.  The similarities are just too obvious when you do it like that.  Shin was definitely paying homage to R94.  Go Ara’s cameo.  And then all the bits edited in there to link it?  I would’ve missed it but it was added in the edits in the BTS for the viewer’s benefit.  I wonder if she will make another appearance in S2.  She fell in love with IJ (love at first sight after watching Good Doctors) and came out to visit him when he was working in another town?  

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQxqdDmICHD4ZPWJv2ehBMJef6KyeSpYMEvSHcXNDEU/

• Like 1

Throwback Thursday has officially started on BoD.  FGrs who’ve joined us after S1 ended are welcome to post there :wub:.   Looking forward to seeing everyone old and new there.  Other shippers who have no business coming are NOT invited.  Stay in your own lane please.  

• Like 2

Avengers poster.  JWon is Captain America :lol:.  Just like the Captain.  Righteous, good hearted.  Cap always loved Peggy.  Even though he did have that kiss with Black Widow :lol: on the escalator whilst trying to escape (in Winter Soldier).  It was always Peggy for him. 

cr https://www.hancinema.net/photo-new-poster-added-for-the-korean-drama-hospital-playlist-141613-amp.html

spacer.png

Actually the Avengers was mentioned by YS in script reading.  So chances are it was an idea LeeShin played around with.  And Ep1 was like the assembling of the Avengers wasn’t it?  Bringing the 5 back together again to YulJe.  The man who made that happen was JWon.  

cr https://youtu.be/9C8b4xYewOcspacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1