D e t a i l s ~

Title: Love in Flames of War
Native title: 
 良辰好景知几何 
Genre: period, republican era, romance
Director: Chung Shu Kai, Zeng Li Zhen

Producer: Zhou Yiyang
Episodes: 43

Released date:   Apr 30, 2022 - May 24, 2022 (airs daily)

Network :   Youku, ZJTV

C a s t ~

Dou Xiao as Xiao Beichen
Chen Du Ling as Lin Hangjing
Hu Jun as Xiao Haishan
Wang Jin Song as Jin Cheng
Yuan Hao as Mu Zizheng
Zhao Ying Zi as Zheng Fengqi
Lai Yi as Mo Weiyi
Dong Xuan as Seventh Madame
Guan Xin as Xiao Shuyi
Ran Xu
He Ming Han as Shen Yanqing
Liu Meng Meng
Yao An Lian
Rong Rong
Zhang Gong as Kang Jingxiong
Lu Yong
Na Jia Wei
Wang Jian Xin
Zhuo Rui Lin
Shi Bing
Qiu Yu Shuo
Wang Shan Shui as Mister Lan

P l o t ~

Deeply entrenched in war-laden era is an unlikely romance that blossoms between a young maiden and a young marshal. Lin Hangjing has always considered Xiao Beichen to be a cruel man who wants her even though she has already found her first love. What ensues is a romance full of passion and heartaches.

During the Warlords Era, the young and talented Lin Hangjing (Chen Duling) had to flee after her father was wrongly imprisoned. She seeks refuge from her father's good friend General Xiao and lives humbly and without complaints as she relied on their charity.

The Xiao family's overbearing young master Xiao Beichen (Shawn Dou) who starts out bullying Lin Hangjing excessively has a change of heart when he becomes gradually attracted to her quiet confidence. General Shuai sends his son to military school for training. Seventh Aunt promises to arrange a match between Xiao Beichen and Lin Hangjing after he returns.

Through five years of gruelling training under the strict instruction of the military officers, Xiao Beichen is no longer the manacing boy he once was but a hardened soldier who has experienced the harsh realities of war. Upon his return, Xiao Beichen aids his father in running the army and intends to propose to Lin Hangjing. Alas, he learns that she has fallen in love with a hot-blooded youth named Mu Zizheng. In order to save Lin Hangjing's father, Lin Hangjing and Xiao Beichen agree to get married even if they have already become alienated from each other due to many misunderstandings. In a time of war when the Japanese seeks to expand its territory by invading China, Lin Hangjing persuades Xiao Beichen to stand up for the people.

(Source:cfensi.si | chinesedrama.info)

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

P r e v i e w ~

O S Ts ~

Coming soon...

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

Here are the first look of the drama's poster, it looks amazing!!! I am so excited, I can't wait to watch this drama!!!^^

:happy:

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

007ulRcHly1gfxcwg5b7cj31900u04qz.jpg?w=8

007ulRcHly1gfxcwgy8o5j31900u0he2.jpg?w=8

007ulRcHly1gfxcwh0blyj31900u0qve.jpg?w=8

(awwwwwww :heart3:)

Spoiler

007ulRcHly1gfxicbv698j31900u07wk.jpg?w=8

She looks amazing !!! She has such a natural face, you can't stop to look at her !!

Edited by SC2019
Please put 4th image/video onwards into spoiler. TQ

25 minutes ago, angelangie said:

love the cast dont like the era ><" hahaha

Yes me too, I usually don’t like the era since it has wars and complicate thing about politics but the cast OMG they look great !!! :coolshades:

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Love in Flames of War 良辰好景知几何
  • 6 months later...
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Love in Flames of War 良辰好景知几何, premiering 30 April, starring Shawn Dou and Chen Du Ling

I've posted one trailer in the first post, and this other one here, so forum members know it's coming. Gee, this is the sort of role that Shawn Dou would fit into, suave army officer, separated from love, tragically reunited but conflicted. Hhmm... I wonder if he naturally gravitates to these kind of roles? I've seen him in PA, Legend of Xiao Chuo, Tears in Heaven and now here. They seem to have that kinda similarity? :hwaiting2:

This one has got a different schedule of airing episodes unlike the usual ones. 

aLZtc27.jpeg

1 hour ago, lovehuche said:

Will this be happy ending?  I don't like sad ending.

This seems to be an angsty one.  So be prepared for a sad ending too.  

• Like 2

@pad-hari I don't know if you are familiar with the older TVB dramas where dashing young man meets pretty girl, tries to woo her but due to a certain situation, are unable to be together, then many years later, when they meet again, it's in less desirable circumstances. Eventually, the guy is destitute and unwell, and the girl finds her way back to him.

I doubt this drama will follow that kind of plot, but it sure reminds me of that, as it's Republican era, and it feels like the soppy melo kind. :byebye2:

• Insightful 2

16 hours ago, SC2019 said:

@pad-hari I don't know if you are familiar with the older TVB dramas where dashing young man meets pretty girl, tries to woo her but due to a certain situation, are unable to be together, then many years later, when they meet again, it's in less desirable circumstances. Eventually, the guy is destitute and unwell, and the girl finds her way back to him.

I doubt this drama will follow that kind of plot, but it sure reminds me of that, as it's Republican era, and it feels like the soppy melo kind. :byebye2:

Yup it's that kind of story only.  I saw MDL comments that the male lead is annoying to the core in pursuing the FL in the initial episode.  I have yet to see it.  The subs seems to be slow too.  So waiting.  

• LOL 2

@ElleSor  The Plot is very touching.  But :

- The Director is doing a Poor Job.  As a result the Actings do not flow naturally.  

- They got the Wrong Female Lead. Chen Du Ling is completely Wooden.  She has Zero Emotional Expressions.  As a minor observations, she is not beautiful enough.  It may sounds petty.  But this is the Entertainment Business.  We have the right to look for Beauty. This is the 1st Time I'm watching her.  So I'm Not biased.  

- Shawn Dou is alright.  He is doing a great job.  If not for him, this Drama will fall Flat.

For those who intend to watch, the Real Drama begins at Ep 19.  Before that is very frustrating.  Ep 19 is when the emotional life of the 2 Leads begins......   And that is what we watch for - their Love Story

• Blob 1

23 hours ago, hush puppy said:

@ElleSor  The Plot is very touching.  But :

- The Director is doing a Poor Job.  As a result the Actings do not flow naturally.  

- They got the Wrong Female Lead. Chen Du Ling is completely Wooden.  She has Zero Emotional Expressions.  As a minor observations, she is not beautiful enough.  It may sounds petty.  But this is the Entertainment Business.  We have the right to look for Beauty. This is the 1st Time I'm watching her.  So I'm Not biased.  

- Shawn Dou is alright.  He is doing a great job.  If not for him, this Drama will fall Flat.

For those who intend to watch, the Real Drama begins at Ep 19.  Before that is very frustrating.  Ep 19 is when the emotional life of the 2 Leads begins......   And that is what we watch for - their Love Story

Thanks for letting me know!

I indeed find the pace of the first few episodes a bit slow or at least stagnant. Although there are some interesting parts.

I haven't reached Ep 19 yet. 

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

@ElleSor  I wish you were faster.  So that I have somebody to discuss with. :lol:

After Ep 19, this Story really picks up.  I waited impatiently for the next ep everyday.  Lin Hang Jing (Chen Du Ling) looks better without the Fringe.  But her acting still stinks.

A better Female Lead with a more Natural Acting Ability and  a Wider Range of Emotional Expressions would have made a Tremendous  Difference to this Drama.  The Plot is very arresting.  It is supposed to be a Very Emotional & Intense Love Story.  One everybody would "Love and Hate" to watch, if you know what I mean.  But Chen Du Ling's interpretation and presentation takes away the intensity.

And the fact that her Character Role has a low EQ does not help.   She did so many things wrong.  Things which even a modern, 21st Century Woman is not supposed to do.

-  She seeked refuge at Xiao Bei Chen's (Shawn Dou) house.  Why help Mu Zi Zheng (2nd ML) when he attempted to assasin someone in Xiao Bei Chen's house and gets Xiao Bei Chen's entire Family in trouble? She is willing to risk her Life for Mu Zi Zheng.  Does she not care for her own Father?

- After marriage and after a few years, she met Mu Zi Zheng at a gathering.  She should have avoided him.  Make sure she is Not alone so as not to allow Mu Zi Zheng to approach her.  But no.  She allows herself to be alone.  Gave him the opportunity to approach her and hold her hands. She didn't protest.  She is that Passive and Dumb.  Any husband would find this unacceptable.

Her Character-Role is like this.  Very annoying.  So much so that you just don't want to cheer for her.  It takes away one's feelings and affections for this Drama.

But Shawn Dou is different.  You can really feel for him.  Root for him.  He saves this Drama.

• Like 1

• SC2019 changed the title to [Current Mainland Chinese Drama] Love in Flames of War 良辰好景知几何, premiered 30 April, starring Shawn Dou and Chen Du Ling
On 5/4/2022 at 10:13 AM, ElleSor said:

My schedule is clear and I can finally start watching this. 

Shawn Duo Here I come!!!

He is always so sexy and plays any role to perfection. I am rather enjoying this drama so far. The Female lead ratehr loves humiliating Xiao Bei Chen. 

@hush puppy I am not findinf anything wrong with the female actress. I think it is because this drama reminds me of Siege in Fog. Same theme with FM in love with the enemy but at least in that drama she didn't betray her husband.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

He is always so sexy and plays any role to perfection. I am rather enjoying this drama so far. The Female lead ratehr loves humiliating Xiao Bei Chen. 

@hush puppy I am not findinf anything wrong with the female actress. I think it is because this drama reminds me of Siege in Fog. Same theme with FM in love with the enemy but at least in that drama she didn't betray her husband.

@UnniSarah  Hi dear.  Glad to have someone to discuss with.  Which episode are you up to?

No.  I don't like the FL -her acting.   She is too "wooden".  As I've mentioned before, a better actress with a wider range of emotional expressions would have brought this Drama to a Higher Level.  As it is, I'm only enjoying Shawn Dou's interpretation.   

As for the FL's Character-Role:

- she does not love Xiao Bei Chen enough.  She wanted her husband to trust her.  But she herself does not trust him.   A few words from others are enough to make her doubts Xiao Bei Chen again.  To me, she does not deserves Xiao Bei Chen.

-  she is more tolerant, understanding and considerate of Mu Zi Zheng (2nd ML)

-  she is supposed to be educated and intelligent.  But I find her Dumb in most of her actions.

I just finished Ep 25.  The Angst are coming and from the Previews, I don't like the coming developments and twists - unnecessary and illogical.  They are there just to make the Drama longer - "Water Injections" 

The Beautiful Shawn Dou :P  In Episode 1

storge: “Boss Jiu. The hall is now full. They are all waiting to witness your splendid performance. Be patient, I’ll be ready soon. Dou Xiao | Love in Flames of War ”

• Insightful 1