[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss the Dragon 遇龙

sugarplum892

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

Yay, thanks for the spoiler!:).

@backstreetboysfan Incorrect on the fifth life. What actually happened was

Spoiler

Dragon King and Liu Ying have no fifth life. The chinese conversation between Qing Qing and XQX about them was a little confusing to quite a few people. 

What happens is their souls will guard and seal the divine web forever. 

So they are together in a sense that they will never be separated again.

The clue to this is XQX said he will never have to reseal the Divine Web ever again, but that it will be left to them now.

12 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@backstreetboysfan Incorrect on the fifth life. What actually happened was

Hide contents

Dragon King and Liu Ying have no fifth life. The chinese conversation between Qing Qing and XQX about them was a little confusing to quite a few people. 

What happens is their souls will guard and seal the divine web forever. 

So they are together in a sense that they will never be separated again.

The clue to this is XQX said he will never have to reseal the Divine Web ever again, but that it will be left to them now.

but in the short epilogue she is princess liu ying SHE'S going to meet the dragon king

i understood what XQX said in the end of episode 36 But in the epilogue seemed she reborn again

On 6/1/2021 at 10:28 AM, LeeN said:

1 hour ago, LeeN said:

but in the short epilogue she is princess liu ying SHE'S going to meet the dragon king

i understood what XQX said in the end of episode 36 But in the epilogue seemed she reborn again

@LeeN The extra just makes it more confusing. But I'll stick to what I understood would be easier. 

That's an easter egg as well. Because souls are needed to seal the divine web so if this happened, what's going to happen to the web. Makes no sense now.

Kind of isn't clear that she was reborn in the easter egg. I can see the maid and all. He is still a Dragon, so that hasn't changed. It could be just that they are in a separate dimension instead of a normal mortal life? The impression I get is more like this than a true rebirth.

I think this person has the answer to what's going on, kind of shared my views on the dimension thing but I think her explanation is more plausible:

我看到36集結局完全儍眼!37集彩蛋我看了還是不太明白!輕煙為何成了流螢公主!?她如何復活?龍王天庭不能待了?他們難道永遠住在縛神網裡?他們如何一起補天網? 為何不交待清楚呢?明明可以交待一個清楚的結局!竟草草的結束了!4世虐戀草率結束實在意難平!看來結局還是悲劇!只是用另一種方式表達流螢元神融入龍王算是在一起了吧!龍王永遠在縛神網裡的結界裡活著,他徬若做著一個永遠不會醒的美夢!永遠和流螢相守的夢!最幸福的是青青和閣主,我本以為他們兩人的出現是要為結局圓一個美好,沒想到只是迎來一個強烈對比!

So what is basically happening is that both of them will be in this eternal happy dream where they will be together flying in the skies. While the reality is their souls are sealing the Divine Web forever. Like what this person said, it is a beautiful dream for them forever. Regardless of this fact, they are still together forever, twin souls protecting Heaven and Earth for eternity. 

And this is what the Easter Egg felt like to me. She wasn't reborn but they are both in the realm of the Divine Web, living in a beautiful dream that they will never wake up from, forever. 

Whereas, Qing Qing and Lord Xue has the true Happy Ending where they will be by each other's side for thousands and thousands of years. They can 千年万年厮守在一起

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ninky said:

The extra just makes it more confusing. But I'll stick to what I understood would be easier. 

That's an easter egg as well. Because souls are needed to seal the divine web so if this happened, what's going to happen to the web. Makes no sense now.

let's say the heaven lord has given them another opportunity to obtain as a god together So the FL can reborn again and the ML stay there to seal the divine web til the FL remember him and her live end

Don't take it serious Since they came out an epilogue

4 minutes ago, LeeN said:

let's say the heaven lord has given them another opportunity to obtain as a god together So the FL can reborn again and the ML stay there to seal the divine web til the FL remember him and her live end

Don't take it serious Since they came out an epilogue

@LeeN Read my post again, i edited it. This girl gave an excellent explanation. FL cannot be reborn again as her soul is part of Dragon King now. But she gave an excellent perspective about the easter egg.

26 minutes ago, Ninky said:

@LeeN The extra just makes it more confusing. But I'll stick to what I understood would be easier. 

Kind of isn't clear that she was reborn in the easter egg. I can see the maid and all. He is still a Dragon, so that hasn't changed. It could be just that they are in a separate dimension instead of a normal mortal life? The impression I get is more like this than a true rebirth.

I think this person has the answer to what's going on, kind of shared my views on the dimension thing but I think her explanation is more plausible:

我看到36集結局完全儍眼!37集彩蛋我看了還是不太明白!輕煙為何成了流螢公主!?她如何復活?龍王天庭不能待了?他們難道永遠住在縛神網裡?他們如何一起補天網? 為何不交待清楚呢?明明可以交待一個清楚的結局!竟草草的結束了!4世虐戀草率結束實在意難平!看來結局還是悲劇!只是用另一種方式表達流螢元神融入龍王算是在一起了吧!龍王永遠在縛神網裡的結界裡活著,他徬若做著一個永遠不會醒的美夢!永遠和流螢相守的夢!最幸福的是青青和閣主,我本以為他們兩人的出現是要為結局圓一個美好,沒想到只是迎來一個強烈對比!

So what is basically happening is that both of them will be in this eternal happy dream where they will be together flying in the skies. While the reality is their souls are sealing the Divine Web forever. Like what this person said, it is a beautiful dream for them forever. Regardless of this fact, they are still together forever, twin souls protecting Heaven and Earth for eternity. 

And this is what the Easter Egg felt like to me. She wasn't reborn but they are both in the realm of the Divine Web, living in a beautiful dream that they will never wake up from, forever.

Whereas, Qing Qing and Lord Xue has the true Happy Ending where they will be by each other's side for thousands and thousands of years. 

with this explanation it's make sense

i read it a minute ago

to be honest The epilogue just to let the viewers not to be sad AND let us create their ending too

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LeeN said:

with this explanation it's make sense

i read it a minute ago

to be honest The epilogue just to let the viewers not to be sad AND let us create their ending too

For me, I am satisfied with the way it ended. The truth is, this was always headed towards this sort of ending. Although they don't physically exist anymore, to be able to coexist as guardians of the web is more than enough for me. They are still together. It would be worse if XQX didn't capture their souls. He was about to be destroyed by the mother of all lightnings.

And the theme song holds the same meaning. 

The last refrain of the chorus was:

"In this life, I willingly coexist with you on Heaven and Earth."

So it does not matter where they are, they are now together, either way. That's why the song use co-exist rather than stay side by side.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, LeeN said:

i'm sure according to the rpg game the main couple love story is as touching as the second couple compare to the drama

The drama made the ending more palatable actually. If they went with the game ending, our heart will break from the crying lol. In the game, Qing Yan's soul was completely absorbed and she is totally gone. The Dragon King enraged with grief became demonic and rushed up to the Heavens to demand for fairness, massively killing everyone who tries to stop him and eventually the big boss, Fate Star Lord. 

Drama ending is way more romantic.

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

The director told them that was the best scene he did in the whole

show :)

I never planned to discuss it, but since you've mentioned the director's words, may be it's a sign. I should confess, after watching the drama, I've got a strong feeling the 2nd leads are actually the director's favorite. Could it be the director was somehow disappointed with casting/acting skills/acting outcome/etc of the lead actors -and it (again, just a guess) made him/ not so invested into the main couple?... Because what I see during the drama is  his evident love for the second couple - gorgeous scenes, shooting angles, they and their story are obviously "loved" by camera from the beginning to the end. 

Emm, may be I'm just overthinking it a bit...:wub:

• Like 2

at first i watched i thought it based on a novel and of course i got interested with the main couple the FL ML character alike SuSu and Ye Hua But sorry to say that this dragon wasn't as smart as ye hua  in TMOPB Somehow he was lack of knowledge and he simply absorbed funny theory through the novels and erotic books:sweat_smile:He was like at kindergarten level At that moment he had no expression on his face i can understand Til the FL born as a general i got fed up with the ML He was acting the same expression while he was with the FL From there onward i just focus on second couple

28 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

I never planned to discuss it, but since you've mentioned the director's words, may be it's a sign. I should confess, after watching the drama, I've got a strong feeling the 2nd leads are actually the director's favorite. Could it be the director was somehow disappointed with casting/acting skills/acting outcome/etc of the lead actors -and it (again, just a guess) made him/ not so invested into the main couple?... Because what I see during the drama is  his evident love for the second couple - gorgeous scenes, shooting angles, they and their story are obviously "loved" by camera from the beginning to the end. 

Absolutely agree

6 hours ago, LeeN said:

Which mean Tian gu xing hadn't reincarnated As they just erased his memories and changed his identity to in charge of Lou feng ger 

Yup, he (was forced to) drank the forgetful tea that every soul has to drink before reincarnation. 

6 hours ago, Ninky said:

Correct. He is still the Lone Star. The meaning of his changed name has some significance to his story. Xue - Snow.  Qian - means road leading north and south but it rhymes with thousand. Xun To search/find.

So it basically means Cold, Searching for 1,000 years. Get it? 

Reveal hidden contents

He did wait for at least 1,000 years before finding her again. And he nearly had her executed.... 

Nice explanation on the name: I know the first and last, but the middle was just mean 1000 for me, so wasn’t sure. I wonder who name him lol, the emperor or the fate star lord xD so is that mean the fate star lord isn’t a star? If he needs to harness a star power?

54 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

I think it’s more the main story is set in stone, and they can’t change it much, due to source material. Whereas with the second, they can be a bit more creative with it. Over the time though, the acting and chemistry of the second couple does stand out, and that make filming a lot easier. When you see the sparks, it’s not hard to find creative way to make that spark truly sparkle or so to speak. If your tools aren’t working, you can’t create masterpiece afterall. And the actors are in a sense, the tools, alongside camera, lightings, etc.

also DW is just look so good in those dark colour tone lol. He went through so many set of clothes xD worthy of being the lord lol. Also lord of the underworld isn’t the same as being evil. In Chinese culture, it’s not like the evil realm. It’s just where souls go to before reincarnation. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alila N said:

Yup, he (was forced to) drank the forgetful tea that every soul has to drink before reincarnation. 

Nice explanation on the name: I know the first and last, but the middle was just mean 1000 for me, so wasn’t sure. I wonder who name him lol, the emperor or the fate star lord xD so is that mean the fate star lord isn’t a star? If he needs to harness a star power?

I think it’s more the main story is set in stone, and they can’t change it much, due to source material. Whereas with the second, they can be a bit more creative with it. Over the time though, the acting and chemistry of the second couple does stand out, and that make filming a lot easier. When you see the sparks, it’s not hard to find creative way to make that spark truly sparkle or so to speak. If your tools aren’t working, you can’t create masterpiece afterall. And the actors are in a sense, the tools, alongside camera, lightings, etc.

also DW is just look so good in those dark colour tone lol. He went through so many set of clothes xD worthy of being the lord lol. Also lord of the underworld isn’t the same as being evil. In Chinese culture, it’s not like the evil realm. It’s just where souls go to before reincarnation. 

XQX is a true warrior class star as he was one of the 36 1st grade generals in the Heavens. The Star Lord isn't really a star, it's just a title of Star Lord.

My fav cp has got to be Xun Qing in this one. The chemistry and writing was great. Good casting there as well. I get frustrated when people comment in VIKI ( I have both weTV and VIKI subscribed though I turn off all subs to completely pay attention to the show) that XQX is a demon lord. I was like really? It's just a place for mortals to go realise their sins and get reincarnated.

XQX is the Underworld Lord who judges the mortals. Those Kun Lun disciples better ascend or good luck to them because the first person they meet after they die is him HAHAHAHAHA! He is going to have the last laugh pushing 8 Tear Water at them.

2 hours ago, leo2020 said:

Actually, I think the director and them had a lot of fun on set as well. There was a scene where they were filming the scene where Qing Qing slid in to get the cake when Dragon King and XQX was transferring energy. The  BTS was damn funny, and you can see them working with the Director to get it right. In the end Dragon King had a good laugh by literally rolling on the floor laughing LOL.

And if you notice a few more things, Dragon King acted better with the other 2 than with FL. Dylan is a good actor and was perhaps misdirected by the director when paired with his actual cp in this drama. Could also been poor set up and writing. The writing for Xun Qing is a lot more  humourous and has more feels despite the agony parts of their story.

And I think that second couple is very easy on the eyes. Both are very good looking and striking people. If you saw Pan Mei Ye in real  life, she would have been very striking and tall.

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

34 minutes ago, Ninky said:

XQX is the Underworld Lord who judges the mortals. Those Kun Lun disciples better ascend or good luck to them because the first person they meet after they die is him HAHAHAHAHA! He is going to have the last laugh pushing 8 Tear Water at them.

LOL, if there are bonus scenes, this would take the cake!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

2 hours ago, LeeN said:

at first i watched i thought it based on a novel and of course i got interested with the main couple the FL ML character alike SuSu and Ye Hua But sorry to say that this dragon wasn't as smart as ye hua  in TMOPB Somehow he was lack of knowledge and he simply absorbed funny theory through the novels and erotic books:sweat_smile:He was like at kindergarten level At that moment he had no expression on his face i can understand Til the FL born as a general i got fed up with the ML He was acting the same expression while he was with the FL From there onward i just focus on second couple

Absolutely agree

This Dragon was solely in the Heavens cultivating for the last 1000 years to become a high Immortal, and had no contact with the mortal

realm.

In the last 6 episodes, it will be mentioned that he is the last of his Dragon clan. Sadly that line of Heavenly Dragons will end with him. He actually lives above the Nine Heavens.

Tmopb is a completely different universe and based on the book authored by Tang Qi so can’t compare similarly. Her books have different settings and rules for their immortals. 

I am a fan of her writing and not sure if you guys know but i am one of the Eternal Love of Dream Blog translators. We have quite a bit of content and I am currently translating the last chapter of the Pillowbook outtake and will fully focus on translating Lotus Step Vol one - story of Lian Song and Cheng Yu. 

13 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

LOL, if there are bonus scenes, this would take the cake!

I was like doing my evil giggle imagining it plus he is also the one who will judge them for their misdeeds. Heheheh! :naughty:

• LOL 2

1 hour ago, Ninky said:

XQX is a true warrior class star as he was one of the 36 1st grade generals in the Heavens. The Star Lord isn't really a star, it's just a title of Star Lord.

My fav cp has got to be Xun Qing in this one. The chemistry and writing was great. Good casting there as well. I get frustrated when people comment in VIKI ( I have both weTV and VIKI subscribed though I turn off all subs to completely pay attention to the show) that XQX is a demon lord. I was like really? It's just a place for mortals to go realise their sins and get reincarnated.

haha yea. It’s because people don’t understand it’s very different in Chinese folklore that the lord/king who oversees the passing souls isn’t evil. Unlike the western counterparts where he’s Satan. For Chinese, he might appear scary (as in don’t do bad thing or he will punish you in the underworld and have you reincarnated into a pig :lol:) but he’s not evil in any sense. I think in old TVB series, the underworld king always very sad that he’s always been misunderstood thats he’s mean and evil :lol: he is like many other celestial being has to report to the heaven king yearly.

• Blob 1