[Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss the Dragon 遇龙

sugarplum892

6 minutes ago, Jessica Vargas Rubio said:

Podréis publicar el episodio 37 de 6 minutos que esta en wetv que lo han visto!!!!!

It is only an Easter Egg, not really an episode. That's why it's 6 minutes only. But it is released as episode 37 on WeTV. I think you can also find it on Youtube as well if you search.

• Like 1

Hace 12 minutos, Ninky dijo:

Es solo un huevo de Pascua, no un episodio. Por eso son solo 6 minutos. Pero se lanza como episodio 37 en WeTV. Creo que también puedes encontrarlo en Youtube si buscas.

Podrías publicar los videos de la cuenta de @ PanMeiyeCola que no se como hacerlo para ponerlo aquí ??

13 minutes ago, Jessica Vargas Rubio said:

Podrías publicar los videos de la cuenta de @ PanMeiyeCola que no se como hacerlo para ponerlo aquí ??

Ill try to link from weibo from my phone.

13 minutes ago, Jessica Vargas Rubio said:

I checked her weibo page. There is only her latest photoshoot (wow she is really a tall girl). and some gifs in her latest post which video are you referring to?

Pan Mei Ye’s latest post:

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4646268234631128?

All the actors including the bad guy posted this certificate of graduation from the show hahaha. This was hers!

and this was her last last post from last week:

https://m.weibo.cn/2408739831/4643281386605515

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Oh and Deng Wei’s post is so cute:

https://m.weibo.cn/3005331561/4646269425028644

He basically said he used to spend lots of time on sealing the Divine Web but now he started experimenting with new peach blossom make up styles. At the end of the paragraph, he said if anyone saw Xue Qing Qing, please let her know he is looking for her hahaha.

And she replied to that post saying she will fly back quickly to see if those new make up styles are pretty or not hehehe.

Then he replied saying “Come, let’s go home to draw them”

ROFL.

soo cute!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

I am so glad they got to be together, and also loved the 2nd couple.

While second cp did get their full happy ending with the breaking of the blood curse, it wasn’t bad for Dragon King. Their souls get to be together in a separate realm while still keeping the Divine web sealed forever. 

I mean, there were not many roads left for him. It was either a lightning death or if that wasn’t happening, an eternal life of pain and loneliness. So this is perhaps for the best.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Ninky said:

It was either a lightning death or if that wasn’t happening, an eternal life of pain and loneliness

Exactly my thoughts.

So it is my understanding the production team actually stayed close to the game ending (with a little adjustment to let the MCP be together, even if somewhere else). Good for them).

Overall, I'm very happy with the ending. There were some subplots left "unattended", for example the story around the love token destroyed by the Dragon King. 

And QQ certainly deserved to rock a red dress she was mentioning is a must (while helping with the MCP wedding ))). 

I should say I came to this drama because I love "dragon" kind of stuff,  but right from the start I've fallen in love with little bird and her cold Lordi and kept them close to my heart since then))).  Fingers crossed both actors will get all the credit they definitely deserve. 

• Like 4

And, it's a wrap! 

It's not the usual ending, but it is IMO, the best ending for Dragon King and Qing Yan. They're finally together, albeit in another realm. 

Happy that Qing Qing and Xue Qian Xun have a happy ever after. Only a little sad though since it could have been 4 good friends sharing cakes and swapping stories. 

I loved the drama's surprise humour and hilarious situations, the sugar of the couples, and the perfect villains who really spiced it up and amped the creepy factor. :)

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

Exactly my thoughts.

So it is my understanding the production team actually stayed close to the game ending (with a little adjustment to let the MCP be together, even if somewhere else). Good for them).

Overall, I'm very happy with the ending. There were some subplots left "unattended", for example the story around the love token destroyed by the Dragon King. 

And QQ certainly deserved to rock a red dress she was mentioning is a must (while helping with the MCP wedding ))). 

I should say I came to this drama because I love "dragon" kind of stuff,  but right from the start I've fallen in love with little bird and her cold Lordi and kept them close to my heart since then))).  Fingers crossed both actors will get all the credit they definitely deserve. 

At first I was wondering where the bird story was going and then when the bird and the Lord of Luo Feng met, sparks flew on screen and then I started to really love that CP pairing. I still like the main storyline and loved how it ended. They did follow the game plot closely so I did know from the start that the bad guy was the Star Lord of Fate. He let his ambitions destroy his friendships. Even Dragon King was reluctant to kill him at first.

The souls of Dragon King and Qing Yan being together at the end was a great way to end the story because they can finally be together forever, and while doing so sealed the Divine Web, ending centuries of having to use stop gap solutions to close the breach in the Divine Web.

I'd say QQ wil definitely get to rock that red dress. Lord Xue's mind has already recorded it down along with the token of love. Although she did have to retrieve her token of love to reabsorb the feather for enough spirit energy to go search for her beloved. She found her beloved Brother Star in the end, so alls well ends well. For them love conquered all and he'd rather kill himself than hit her even in his puppet state. I knew she would be the only person who could wake him up. 

Kind of glad it happened because he needed to die for her to break the blood curse since she already did her part of that bargain by taking the lightning strike 1,000 years ago. I'd say Qing Qing of the past and present has the exact same personality. She really didn't change at all. Her powers are weaker because she is a lower level immortal but that doesn't stop her from trying to right the wrongs of the world. And because of that reason, they also tied each other to the three call spell. 1,000 years later the same spell was used to rescue her out of danger. 

I don't know if you noticed but both XQX and QQ had the artifact tools of Luo Feng Court. They threw up the same artifact to help Dragon King in the final scene of him defying the Heavens. It shielded Dragon King from the first set of lightning strikes giving XQX time to absorb their souls before the second set of lightnings hit them. This implies that she will become the Lady of Luo Feng Court. Why else would she have the artifact on her?

I'm always into mythological stuff, which was why I love Tang Qi's works as well. Books were better than both dramas but hey they did come to life on screen!

32 minutes ago, MayanEcho said:

And, it's a wrap! 

It's not the usual ending, but it is IMO, the best ending for Dragon King and Qing Yan. They're finally together, albeit in another realm. 

Yes, there was no other road for them imo. It was the best way to end their suffering and give them some joy.

Happy that Qing Qing and Xue Qian Xun have a happy ever after. Only a little sad though since it could have been 4 good friends sharing cakes and swapping stories. 

Yes, and they also did their best to save them under the circumstances they were under. I don't think there was any point in going up to the Heavens and arguing with the Heavenly Emperor. We all know how well that will go. 

I loved the drama's surprise humour and hilarious situations, the sugar of the couples, and the perfect villains who really spiced it up and amped the creepy factor. :)

Yes, it was painful at times but they did a very good job of balancing the emotions such that in the first 3 lifetimes you get the pain of the first couple and the sugar of the second. And then at the end, they hit you with the angst of both couples, yet still coming out on the other side with the same balance, one bittersweet pill, and one that is full of sugar.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

I don't know if you noticed but both XQX and QQ had the artifact tools of Luo Feng Court. They threw up the same artifact to help Dragon King in the final scene of him defying the Heavens. It shielded Dragon King from the first set of lightning strikes giving XQX time to absorb their souls before the second set of lightnings hit them. This implies that she will become the Lady of Luo Feng Court. Why else would she have the artifact on her?

I did, however unfortunately the originals of that artifacts have not been explained properly (another little plot hole?...). 

Xuan Bird is completely mistranslated in the subs in VIKI and We TV. It is NOT a swallow. It’s body form and size is similar to a swallow but it is actually a mythical or divine bird in Chinese ancient folklore. 

玄鸟是古代中国神话传说中的神鸟。出自《山海经》,玄鸟的初始形象类似燕子。

Translation:

The Xuan bird is a divine bird in ancient Chinese mythological legends. It originated from the ancient classic, Classic of Mountain and Sea. The form of the bird is similar to that of the Swallow.

15 minutes ago, leo2020 said:

I did, however unfortunately the originals of that artifacts have not been explained properly (another little plot hole?...). 

It is only given to people who work as soul catchers. Lord Xue always had it and Xiao Qing now has it too. I mean she will be living in Luo Feng Court. And the jobs assigned to couple immortals are usually the same. Being a pair with the Lord of Luo Feng means her role will be similar to the Lord's. The divine xuan bird in mythology works as the messenger birds for the Heavenly Empress. That's what Xiao Qing and her divine bird clan does. But in this case as her other half is the Lord of Luo Feng, her roles would then be similar. 

People familiar with Chinese mythology will know this. WeTv chinese viewers in China understood it fairly quickly

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Ninky said:

While second cp did get their full happy ending with the breaking of the blood curse, it wasn’t bad for Dragon King. Their souls get to be together in a separate realm while still keeping the Divine web sealed forever. 

I mean, there were not many roads left for him. It was either a lightning death or if that wasn’t happening, an eternal life of pain and loneliness. So this is perhaps for the best.

Yeah, I agree this was the best way to go.

14 hours ago, Ninky said:

It is only given to people who work as soul catchers. Lord Xue always had it and Xiao Qing now has it too. I mean she will be living in Luo Feng Court. And the jobs assigned to couple immortals are usually the same. Being a pair with the Lord of Luo Feng means her role will be similar to the Lord's. The divine xuan bird in mythology works as the messenger birds for the Heavenly Empress. That's what Xiao Qing and her divine bird clan does. But in this case as her other half is the Lord of Luo Feng, her roles would then be similar. 

People familiar with Chinese mythology will know this. WeTv chinese viewers in China understood it fairly quickly

Thanks for the details! That's very kind of you to explain, because certainly for myself (and I suppose for any foreign fan) who is not familiar with such kind of details  it's sometimes relatively hard to navigate through stuff)))

1 hour ago, Ana Rose said:

does the story say why the dragon steal the guarded gem in the first place? 

He didn't steal it. He was injured while doing his divinity trial and didn't realise that getting too close to  it will cause him to absorb it. The stone actually healed him.

I found that the "easter egg post credit scene" is confusing many people. Xue Qian Xun said their souls are sealing the breach in the Divine Web forever, so they are technically together forever in a realm of their own.

Then that scene show her as Princess Liu Ying making so many people think she has reincarnated into another life but that wasn't actually what happened. It's more like the realm with which their souls has been sealed to is a dream like realm where they finally were together once again.

• Like 2

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2021] Miss the Dragon 遇龙

Here's the video link again along with the translated lyrics of the song:

Translated song lyrics:

阳光晕染纯白

云彩遮盖青苔

幽幽鹿鸣传来

不敢跑太快脚步柔柔踩

风吹摇动裙摆

树荫下是你在

若我不走过来

难道你只懂踟蹰徘徊

Sunlight smudges into pure white

Clouds cover the green moss

The faint call of deer comes through

Not daring to run too fast, soft footsteps are tread

The wind blows swaying my skirt to and fro

Under the shade of the tree is where you are at

If I don’t walk over

Don’t tell me you only know how to waver back and forth

树叶窸窸窣窣沙沙

不敢太大声

心跳扑扑通通咚咚

震耳欲聋

等西洋绚丽的红

和楚楚的风

相拥

The tree leaves rustle, rustle, rustle

Not daring to be too loud

Our heartbeats flutter, plop and thump

Deafening our ears

Waiting for the magnificent red of the setting sun

And the lovely wind

To embrace each other

等一千朵花

一千种的光彩

也不及你的青睐

浓得化不来

酿成酒流成海

也流向你的心怀

Waiting for a thousand flowers

A thousand types of brilliance

Still falls short of your favourable gaze 

The feeling so strong till it can’t be made to come around

Brewing gradually into wine, flowing into a sea

And also flowing towards your heart

树叶窸窸窣窣沙沙

不敢太大声

心跳扑扑通通咚咚震耳欲聋

等西洋绚丽的红和楚楚的风

相拥

The tree leaves rustle, rustle, rustle

Not daring to be too loud

Our heartbeats flutter, plop and thump, deafening our ears

Waiting for the magnificent red of the setting sun and the lovely wind

To embrace each other

等一千朵花

一千种的光彩

也不及你的青睐

浓得化不来

酿成酒流成海

也流向你的心怀

Waiting for a thousand flowers

A thousand types of brilliance

The feeling so strong till it can’t be made to come around

Brewing gradually into wine, flowing into a sea

当一千朵花

一千钟的光彩

也不及你的青睐

浓得化不来酿成酒

流成海

也流向你的心怀

When a thousand flowers

A thousand hours of brilliance

The feeling so strong till it can’t be made to come around, brewing gradually into wine,

Flowing into a sea

也流向你的

心怀

And also flowing towards your

heart

• Like 1
  • Love 1