[Drama 2020] Do You Like Brahms?, 브람스를 좋아하세요?

larus

I can’t believe they finished filming already! Time surely flies...

All I’ve been thinking about lately is what’s going to happen in the last two episodes. Not to mention, I probably watched the preview like 5+ times now, can Monday come any faster?!

Based on PEB and KMJ clothes in that photo, it looks like they’re wearing more fancy clothes so maybe the drama ends on a performance? :o A Duet between the two?! That would be amazing to see! I honestly am not sure where this drama is going to go..

@rozelan @celebrianna I watched Min Jae in Tempted and Joseon Agecy too! I actually really liked his character and acting in Joseon Agency :wub: It’s a shame that the drama wasn’t as highly received in Korea because I really enjoyed it!

Also that making video though! PEB and KMJ are just too cute with each other :kiss_wink:

• Like 4
  • Love 8

My answers to the poll:

1. Yes to happy ending. Both to realize what makes them happy is being together.

2. Yes to the kiss. TBH, starving for some skinship. Dimples and holding hands too.

3. No to quitting. I think with music, they say what is important first. Their mutual love of music will be a bridge to healing in their relationship.

I will admit if the outcome may turn out to be impossible, I would like to be comforted by my choices, go for it and not feel regret. :) 

• Like 4
  • Love 8

I was watching some of the clips on YouTube today and realised JY had always been there for SA except for the times when she reached out to him... The time when she wanted to tell him about grad school and her quitting the chamber.. ironically both involve Prof.Duster and the first time they broke up as friends and now they broke up as a couple .. 

Makes me hate Prof.Duster even more .. 

@Jillia @vangsweetie637 @annamchoi please assemble at Prof Duster's once you are done with JK .. if possible with professional intervention

:evillaugh:

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

@annamchoi alright, i think I am about done with JK:

200_d.gif

shall we head over to Professor Duster as @Abirami Ramakrishnan requested? Professor Duster is next on my list as well. I am calling professional intervention too:

Professor Duster, meet your professional interventionist:

tumblr_inline_nvk4maenTy1sjh1ps_500.gif

:lol:

@Jillia no problem! We are heading to Professor Duster with Judge Judy up there ;) meet you there!

@Abirami Ramakrishnan you meeting us there too right? :D 

• LOL 12
  • Awesome 1

drumming fingers waiting for Ep 15 and 16
Anxious mode what it will be for both SA and JY
As much as I try to like JK even a bit it is close to impossible to like her... She is self-centered as in only think of herself and her needs... Seeing how she dump HH and blame HH for not taking the initiative to hold on to her is so selfish of JK.
It is like JK is blaming everybody for what happens in her life... 
Worst is how JK tell SA about the Youtube Recording of JY knowing well how SA would feel... Really selfish thru and thru and I feel JK does not deserve even HH at all and Hey HH...don't go soft-hearted and take JK back because if JK can dump HH once...she can do it again and again

Initially I wanted to hammer Dong-Yoon and Min-Sung but seeing how Dong-Yoon call Min-Sung to come and see SA in his place during that most painful moment for SA... and how MS rush over to see SA...I give both of them big hugs just for that

Manager Park Sung-Jae is only out to make money out of JY considering how he reports what's going on at KF to "Chris" ... Manager Park needs to be hammered flat

Strangely they do not show who is JY's father since this father is taking all his hard-earned money...the mother knowing how difficult her son JY is going thru just to service the $$$ needs of the parents...only knows to reach out to JY when $$$ is needed.

Finger crossing for beautiful final episode as this whole series is Daebak 대박 from beginning... just so captured by the music the story line of SA and JY 

• Like 14

1. What kind of ending will we get?

Yes yes and yes to happy ending - I need the writer to give me back the sweet interactions of the Dimples couples that have been missing for the past 4 eps! Please make the ending so sweet that I'll get diabetes from watching it

2. Will we get at least one more kiss?

Yes - I hope we can get as much skinships as we could to accompany the happy ending :lol:

3. Will JY quit the piano and SA, the violin?

Not sure if they would stop playing but I hope they can find the meaning of playing the instruments for themselves again :heart:

========

Can't believe it's our last guessing poll for the drama. I have experienced so many different feelings this week: happy for SA leaving Professor Duster, heartbreak from Joon-Song's break up, annoyed by all the professors and JK, heart-fluttered for Bin-Jae's sweet interactions in the BTS, LOL from the squads who went to take down JK and Professor Duster (You're da best!), and a bit sad to see all the end-of-shoot photos. I'll probably miss these very much after next week. Thanks to everyone in the Brahms family :star:

• Like 3
  • Love 9

12 minutes ago, Dana T said:

Wait a min I'm seeing on VIKI supposedly only 15 episodes...is this true? Weird usually always 16

If you see other on air drama they also just show only the next episode coming. So no worry as I am sure we have 2 episode to go. :) 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, sal2 said:

If you see other on air drama they also just show only the next episode coming. So no worry as I am sure we have 2 episode to go. :) 

Yeah I'm hoping. I knew VIKI did that I had just noticed someone mentioned in the discussion section about 15 episodes. We need 1 episode to get back together then last episode to BE together lol

• Like 3
  • Love 8

1. I choose a happy ending for our Dimple Couple because that will be the ideal end after all the heartaches they went thru. But I can also sense an open ending since we are down to a couple of episodes and there are still issues to be resolve.

2. Yes! Like I said after all that heartbreak, it will be quite sweet and satisfying to see them kiss and make up.

3. I also think they will both continue to play the piano and violin because they both love their instruments. JY maybe just got lost for a bit because of all that he went thru but he will find that passion again.

• Like 16

A couple of thoughts on the last two episodes:

1) When you compare the work and abuse that SA has gone through to chase her musical career (long list here starting with four failed entrance exams, years of family pressure, rude comments from her peers and profs, compromising her values and ethics with getting into musical grad school / Chamber Orchestra errands) and her relationship with JY....it didn't take much for her to break up with him...

2) I felt the most sorry for JY.  The guy deserved to have a support...it's not all about JK and SA.

3) Cheers for HH.  The guy is moving forward and shrugging off dysfunctional JK in a classy way.

4) It's not a surprise that SA and JY broke up.  They are both in a bad place in their respective lives and instead of being a support to each other, they added pressure although I thought that JY tried to make it work, but couldn't communicate nor do the right thing at the right time.

Timing is everything and love does not conquer all.  However, I'm surprised that it was SA breaking up and not in a noble idiot kind of way instead of JY breaking up because he had to focus on the competition.

5.  The video of the party given in honor of SA when she was accepted into music school - Saying she was happy and smiling.  Really a happy moment.  When did we ever really see her that consistently happy again?  Maybe the few dates she went on but not in the course of chasing her dream.  When chasing your dream you should be the most happy - yet she wasn't.  The brief moments of happiness came from her budding relationship with JY.

6.  So many dysfunctional and emotionally stunted people in this show.  I thought that SA was the way she was in part because of her family...yet her older sister supported her in the right moment with the right words.  

• Like 18
  • Insightful 1

It's our last poll for the series, wah! 

Okay, so here are my answers! 

1. I'd like them to have a happily ever after! Both of them have gone through so much, so they deserve to be happy. From what I've seen throughout the series, they're the happiest when they're with each other, especially Joon Young. They just need to learn to communicate, but I can see their love for each other. 

2. Yes! I think we need (and deserve) more kisses and/or skinship, especially after episodes 12 to 14. I think they need it as well. 

3. No. No matter how troubled they have become with their instruments, there's no denying that they've loved playing music for so long. I'd hate it if they quit music, as music can be an outlet for their emotions and a source of comfort as well. I hope they learn to approach music in an organic manner, with Joon Young eventually playing from his heart and Song Ah playing with confidence. That is definitely something I'd like to see.

• Like 12
  • Love 6

Here are my poll answers.

1. Happy ending. 

Here's my take. Going with @Y.Q.about the piano and violin representing JY and SA hearts. Both instruments aren't severely damaged. DY mentioned that the bridge can be fixed easily enough since the violin body isn't cracked. As for the piano's lack of sound, the issue probably lies with the hammer mechanism or a broken/loosened string. Both of which can also be fixed. Once repaired, the 2 instruments can go back to creating harmonious duets, the imagery of the brahms sonata. 

2. A gazillion yesses! Kisses are the only remedy to mend our broken hearts. Case in point

tenor.gif?itemid=18552759

3. No. Music once brought them joy and happiness and I wish for them to be able to rediscover that again, ideally together.  

• Like 6
  • Love 10

@vangsweetie637 I just woke up, but I am so ready..

My poll choices..

1. Happy Ending!! I won't accept anything else after all we've been through with our precious Dimple Couple.. 

When the writer mentioned that JY maybe greedy in the next episodes, I hope he tells SA he needs her even though he hurt her..

2.Yes to more kisses , hugs and hand holding .. and maybe even more? 

3. I voted maybe.. I don't think SA will clear her post graduation exam, but I think playing with SA for her recital may be a turning point for JY..

From what we see in preview, the looks they share..it feels like they haven't done anything else with more certainty together.. there's really no awkwardness or doubt in either of their eyes.. and all this in just a few seconds :D

Even if they may not play together professionally I hope they do just for themselves, to share their love and to comfort each other

• Like 9
  • Love 5
  • Wiggle 1