[Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] The Romance of Tiger and Rose 传闻中的陈芊芊

pad-hari

11 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

Ryan is a great kisser! (His kisses in Intense Love are great too). Lusi is really good as well. I find that the kisses still vary a lot with actors/actresses, even though now cdrama show more kisses. (e.g. Victoria was terrible in Find yourself...)

Wait, he is in another recent drama?! OKAY I AM GOING THERE RIGHT NOW.

6 hours ago, insertusernamehere said:

That cliffhanger at ep 12!!!

Hide contents

I'm glad that QQ is portrayed as scared here, when HS is under the influence of the aphrodisiac. Most often this kind of scene is played for laugh or romance (which this scene will eventually be according to the preview) , but this heightens a sense of danger and when HS finally overcomes the drug's influence it will be that much cooler!

Omg, they are doing another popular fanfic trope! I love how on the nose this show is. 

• LOL 4

1 hour ago, arcchidus said:

Wait, he is in another recent drama?! OKAY I AM GOING THERE RIGHT NOW.

Omg, they are doing another popular fanfic trope! I love how on the nose this show is. 

Yeah! Intense Love is airing right now too, and also in top 10. Ryan's moment right now! I had to put Intense Love on hold cos I don't want it to mess with my current Tiger & Rose OTP lol but by all account it's also a cute romcom and Ryan is great in it as well.

And yes! I love how it's so meta about the tropes AND utilize the tropes to their full effect. Love, love it.

• Like 1

Hello everyone!

I am usually a lurker but this drama made me want to be active. I am falling in love with the ML and FL of this drama. Their chemistry is amazing and the comedic relief makes me forget all about the covid-19 situation. Two more episodes tomorrow!

Spoiler

I saw a clip from weibo and it seems like our third princess will be breaking our Han Shuo heart. I am guessing that she will push him away so he can fall in love with Chu Chu since she believe that is the only proper way to continue the story. Gosh the scene makes my heart so broken even though I don't understand much. I believe Han Shuo asks her if he was in her heart or if she ever liked him and our third princess says no. T-T guys I am not ready for our couple to separate. P.S it's definitely going to be a love triangle or square. 

Pei Heing loves third princess >> third princess loves >> Han Shuo and he loves her back <<<Chu Chu likes Han Shuo and Ying Ying likes Chu Chu......

If you guys want to see the clip here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixEWrkhRsA 

Edited by Super_Dede
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

Hello everyone!

I am usually a lurker but this drama made me want to be active. I am falling in love with the ML and FL of this drama. Their chemistry is amazing and the comedic relief makes me forget all about the covid-19 situation. Two more episodes tomorrow!

Reveal hidden contents

I saw a clip from weibo and it seems like our third princess will be breaking our Han Shuo heart. I am guessing that she will push him away so he can fall in love with Chu Chu since she believe that is the only proper way to continue the story. Gosh the scene makes my heart so broken even though I don't understand much. I believe Han Shuo asks her if he was in her heart or if she ever liked him and our third princess says no. T-T guys I am not ready for our couple to separate. P.S it's definitely going to be a love triangle or square. 

Pei Heing loves third princess >> third princess loves >> Han Shuo and he loves her back <<<Chu Chu likes Han Shuo and Ying Ying likes Chu Chu......

If you guys want to see the clip here's the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ixEWrkhRsA 

yes, sad sad sad to watch ep 18 preview where she rejects him.. the jade seal with the heart was broken..

QianQian feels he belongs to the leading actress which is second princess Chu Chu so she says those words..

tonight we will know !! just hours away !!

I am also watching raw, cant wait for the subs to be ready

Is there any leaks for full raw ep 13&14? if there is, please pm me k !!! i am not VIP so can't watch those..

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, insertusernamehere said:

Yeah! Intense Love is airing right now too, and also in top 10. Ryan's moment right now! I had to put Intense Love on hold cos I don't want it to mess with my current Tiger & Rose OTP lol but by all account it's also a cute romcom and Ryan is great in it as well.

tbh i seen alot of small clips of intense love, idk why but the chemistry is not as strong, but because of so much physical contact, it gives the illusion. (my opinion)

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Super_Dede said:

Hello everyone!

Reveal hidden contents

Read from some Chinese articles that the script writer said that the angsty parts that are coming is necessary for the drama, but will not be more than 2 episodes.

Apparently a lot of chinese fans are afraid that the drama will twist to be very sad since a fairly famous author known for very angsty novels is involved in the drama. That author even had to post on Weibo in the middle of the night to assure drama fans that she isn’t the scriptwriter for the drama and also it was theorized that the new bts with the spoiler in modern clothes is due to the recent fan uproar (to assure fans there will be happy ending). 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

Apparently a lot of chinese fans are afraid that the drama will twist to be very sad since a fairly famous author known for very angsty novels is involved in the drama. That author even had to post on Weibo in the middle of the night to assure drama fans that she isn’t the scriptwriter for the drama and also it was theorized that the new bts with the spoiler in modern clothes is due to the recent fan uproar (to assure fans there will be happy ending). 

imagine having to do this as an author, its funny 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

13 minutes ago, lavvarr said:

imagine having to do this as an author, its funny 

that's a good author !!!

I rewatched one of the clips (below) and there's a part (2m 17s to20 seconds) where Qian Qian says she will remain in his world. forever will remain on his side so I think the ending should be a good one if she had that intention and said that

We saw the modern world last episode spoilers.. so i guess both of them came back to the modern world together . hence, eventually will stay together.. it's good to have a good and happy ending so the fans wouldn't have an uproar, and there's no need to have revised ending no 2 , ending no 3.......

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, taekwang said:

We saw the modern world last episode spoilers.. so i guess both of them came back to the modern world together . hence, eventually will stay together.. it's good to have a good and happy ending so the fans wouldn't have an uproar, and there's no need to have revised ending no 2 , ending no 3.......

funny you said that. Was just recalling that the last comedy chinese drama that I really liked is Go Princess Go. And yeah the stupid endings for that drama omg 

Wonder if this drama will do wonders for ZLS or DYX career the way it helped Crystal Zhang and Yu Meng Long? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Adidaem said:

funny you said that. Was just recalling that the last comedy chinese drama that I really liked is Go Princess Go. And yeah the stupid endings for that drama omg 

Wonder if this drama will do wonders for ZLS or DYX career the way it helped Crystal Zhang and Yu Meng Long? 

I think DYX is getting a lot of attention from this drama and his other one. ZLS have already been getting a lot more attention from her previous work. I hope to see these two work together again since their chemistry is just amazing. I wonder how DYX felt when ZLS mention that he chose the other actress kiss scene because he probably didn't ate garlic in their kissing scenes lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

22 minutes ago, taekwang said:

that's a good author !!!

I rewatched one of the clips (below) and there's a part (2m 17s to20 seconds) where Qian Qian says she will remain in his world. forever will remain on his side so I think the ending should be a good one if she had that intention and said that

I hope he have his memory if he is going to the modern world. But then again it would be cute if the actor went into the script world with her and then we get a season 2 where we see his side LOL. I am just preparing myself what will happen when this drama ends. I get drama withdraw when couples have great chemistry. I get attached lol. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, Adidaem said:

i feel ZLS is already v popular.. but to DYX, it will propel him to the top now. the show is a topper . top of the list and now trending. He's a newbie right ? He's very young.. 24?

• Like 2

Zhao lusi creates good chemistry with every co-actor she’s with. I actually think she has the capability to branch out of romcoms and into more serious shows. Killing of three thousand crows was a letdown, but I hope she can mature into a more versatile actress like Zanilia Zhao with other projects. 

Ryan Ding is taking webdramas by storm with three of them airing right now! I feel like it’s Lusi carrying him in this drama though and I didn’t really enjoy Intense Love so I dropped it halfway. Not every actress can play bubbly and lively without coming off as annoying. Lusi has completely mastered the art of being funny and lovable and making naivety endearing lol, that’s her unique charm. 

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1

@Reverie @taekwang

I think DYX will be 25 soon. This drama could make him the xiao xian rou (little fresh meat) of the moment but xxr come and go so he needs to grasp the opportunity and solidify his popularity with his next few scripts. Plus this is a web drama so in c-ent he has some ways to go before breaking into the major league. 

As for ZLS, what I meant is that maybe this can push her into prime time dramas, instead of just web dramas. ZLS is very popular in web dramas but she hasn’t been able to anchor a prime time drama and this could be her big break. 

Anyway both are still very young so they have more opportunities...

I do wish that ZLS can take on more challenging roles for a break... I really enjoy her in light fluffy dramas but isn’t good for her career to be typecast. DYX acted as DongfangBuBai so I think that’s enough lol. 

• Like 4

Hello everyone. I love this drama so much! I'm excited for this drama long before it aired because Zhao Lu Si is one of my favorite actress. She so lovely,lively and funny. And when I know that the cute and talented Ding Yu Xi gonna be the male lead, it make me so happy! I like him since the Just An Encore drama. I also like his recent drama, Intense Love with Zhang Yu Xi. I wait patiently for this drama airing date and so satisfied with the drama so far! The story is funny while the leads chemistry is so swoon worthy wohoo:wub:

Not to mention this drama has one of my favorite troupe, male lead chase the female lead first. I like how Han Shou is cunning with his plotting and scheming yet when it about our third princess, he become an idiot and puppy. A payback since he annoyed Xiao Qian, the hard working scriptwriter when he is the actor, Han Ming Xin. In episode 1, there a scene Han Ming Xin asked her, "Will you fall in love with me?" after criticized her script and told her to get into a relationship if she has time so she can write a better love story. Now as Han Shou, he's the one who falls for her hard hahaha:lol: 

About the female characters, I like all three princesses and their story's arcs. I like the mature first princess,Yuan Yuan, fall in love with our third princess, Qian Qian and her funny antics and could not help but feel pity to the second princess, Chu Chu. Imagine you work hard with your duty as princess yet your mother always favor your younger sister. It understandable if she also hard working person or has a great achievement but she's spoiled, only want to has fun and also took away your fiance. Btw, the 2nd princess is not only beautiful but she's also a good actress.

From my observation, at first, Chu Chu does not resent Qian Qian at all even she took away her fiance. When Chu Chu's personal servant, Zi Zhu dissing Qian Qian in front of her, she keep reminds him that Qian Qian is her sister. And she follow their mother, the Queen, instructions to help Qian Qian many times. 

It when she observe how the Queen constantly favor & pardoned Qian Qian despite everything and how Han Shou still heads over heels to Qian Qian despite her treatment to Han Shou that make Chu Chu feels her life is unfair. Qian Qian get their mother favor and a man love easily despite her reckless and foolish behavior while she struggle in her life:(

Based on the interactions, 3rd princess, Qian Qian love story with Han Shou, 1st princess, Yuan Yuan with Su Lin so I hope the 2nd princess, Chu Chu get together with Minister Pei Heng finally. Their interactions together give a matured couple's vibe. Please give our princesses reconciliation scene too. Despite everything, I can see their sibling's love towards each other.

About our male lead, what I can say? I love Han Shou so much. He's a brilliant and cunning but become silly whenever he feels jealous because of Qian Qian LOOL.

In episode 11, when he consult about the plan to capture the bandit with Chu Chu, he suggest that they could use Su Ziying, the servant that Pei Heng sent to accompany Qian Qian with their mountain's trip with them as a bait to lure the bandit.

Then he said he's just kidding but still mentioned Su Ziying as "a humble wretch who is adept in artful speech"

Haha he's so petty because he's jealous with Qian Qian treatment towards Su Ziying earlier:lol:

But it seems Su Ziying actually has an ulterior motive towards Qian Qian. He said to himself that he want to help Chu Chu gain the Crown Princess tittle from Qian Qian. Why tho?:o

Lastly Qian Qian & Han Shou personal servant, Zi Rui and Bai Ji. OH MY GOD, they scenes always so funny I can't.

From their lines to their facial expression in every episodes. These two, they killing me ROFL HAHAHA:lol:

Anyway I really love this drama and hope for a happy ending. I'm also happy to read the comment with people who love this dramas. Nice to know you here:D

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

Wow the douban score went up in the last few days and is now 7.6! That's crazy high for a low budget rom-com show!

I would be very impressed if it keeps this score up!

PS: Also, based on weibo tag data, this show is trending pretty hot right now. Lots of people are talking and liking the show -- and it's all completely unexpected for a lot of us given how little fan fare this show had before it aired.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2