[Drama 2020] A Dangerous Promise, 위험한 약속

0ly40

58 minutes ago, yukiyukiku said:

there's a preview

but no translation yet

Thank you. Seems like TI's parents are digging in.

It is rather questionable that the Chairman's father would snatch HJH away because his mother was ' low bloodline' yet he would allow his son to marry a divorcee with a daughter and obviously no wealth, both she and her brother are dependent on the Chairman for their upkeep. Maybe we will find out more in the next episode.

• Like 7

EP 23 & 24

What was that office scene with the reporters supposed to be?  A cage-match for clowns? ... this daily is in desperate need of a fight choreographer :lol:

Can we for once have a decently written, intelligent, coldly calculating villain? I don't mind that Myung Hee has shown her true colors and has gone the way of the evil step-mother, what I can't stand with her character, or any character like hers, is the way they all seem to take a position of ignorant, disbelieving, righteousness when someone takes a stand against them.  If you sit there and bad-mouth someone or their family, don't be surprised or offended when they give you back what you're dishing out - I found it really annoying that Myung Hee's character seemed to take real offense that TIs mom stood up to her after she all but spit in the woman's face.  I really hate villains written this way. It just takes away from an otherwise well crafted evil character.

Amnesia - I find myself more forgiving of this drama cliche' than most.  When its done well, I actually like it, however, if it happens in this case, I already DON'T like it simply because I found the tipping shelf weak - If our girl is gonna go the Amnesia route, at least drop her off a building or hit her with a car or something. :rolleyes:

BTW - has anyone seen a preview of EP 25 yet?

Got it! Thanks guys! :)

LCO

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

All thanks to Mdm MH, SJ won't be getting her man TI ..... And it seems that

Spoiler

Ji Hoon will see Ji Hoon oma on Chairman's caller ID

so SJ dreams of getting TI will soon be a pipe dream..... 

Mdm MH won't be amused that she will loose a good ally to help SJ gets the company now, since either way, TI's adopted mom's son will get control of the company... LOL....

• Like 6

I liked mothers today.  Be it catfight between  CJH mom- HW mom or tensed argument between SJ mom- TI mom.

So here is the relationship flow by end of ep. 25.  SJ is in love with TI. TI knows that HJH likes ED. ED is melting even more towards TI.ED guessed TI  gameplan.

HJH spoke quit lot of truth today.  Like to TI regarding ED ...."Are you her guardian or  her boyfriend .........". Then he said ......"Am I your younger brother or what ........!! "

Well it seemed drama writers conveyed through him the future story line LOL.

The way Chairman Han holds TI mom hands ....mamamia...I feel like ,Are they romance couple here? Soon once SJ mom finds out TI mom truth. She will be hell gone loose. Same for SJ ,once she finds how TI cares extra for ED.She will behave like her own mom. (HJH  already predicted it to TI... "Does Noona know ,you were here whole night?" )

• Like 9

Ep 25 -

And again Myung Hee plays up her ignorant self righteous indignation with TIs Mom - She accuses TIs Mom of almost every deceitful thing under the sun, yet has the audacity to claim TIs Mom has crossed a line when her arguments gets turned back on her.  To add insult to injury she doesn't bother to tell Chairman Han that she caused the incident with TIs Mom due to her accusations at the start. 

Interesting that doctors summon patients from their recovery beds for personal reasons in that hospital .... oh and they slap them too .... did I mention HW is the Chief of Surgery?  Wow .... just Wow :rolleyes:

On a brighter note - the preview for ep 26 looks exciting. TI actually calls HW "trash" ... Monday is gonna be fun :lol:

LCO

• Like 4
  • LOL 4

1 hour ago, LeftCoastOppa said:

On a brighter note - the preview for ep 26 looks exciting. TI actually calls HW "trash" ... Monday is gonna be fun :lol:

Is that a brighter note?

I got an impression TI saying that like he still care for HW

well...she was his fiancee and perhaps was in a long relationship with her

but still after her betrayal & crime, any left behind feeling is still a feeling..and that is not a good thing

that's my POV as a woman

i see your name is ...LeftCoastOppa, so you must be a guy

from your POV, do you think TI may still have a bit of left behind feeling for HW ?

• Like 6

5 hours ago, yukiyukiku said:

Is that a brighter note?

I got an impression TI saying that like he still care for HW

well...she was his fiancee and perhaps was in a long relationship with her

but still after her betrayal & crime, any left behind feeling is still a feeling..and that is not a good thing

that's my POV as a woman

i see your name is ...LeftCoastOppa, so you must be a guy

from your POV, do you think TI may still have a bit of left behind feeling for HW ?

TIs comment on HW wasn't the only reason I cited the ep 26 preview  as being exciting, however as it was the only part I mentioned I can see how that might lead one in that direction.

I cited TI & HW simply because I find her character annoying, and ep 25 was just another splendid example of why. She is supposed to be not only a doctor but a Chief of Surgery - one does not rise to a position like that without being a consummate professional and this character is no where close to professional - In ep 25 TI said she left ED dying, any medical professional ESPECIALLY a doctor would never do that - add to it, HW calling ED out of her hospital bed, and then slapping her?  HWs action in ep 25 were just ridiculous.

Does TI still have feelings for HW?

From my POV, no I don't think so - That being said, their relationship ended recently, and as they were going to get married and HW was carrying his child, I don't think TI has in any way forgotten about her.  I believe what you are seeing is TIs ongoing realization of who HW really is - She was cheating on him with JH while carrying his child - She aborted his child to be with JH - She (as a DOCTOR) threatened him with the life of his father - She has/continues to hurt ED who TI cares for more and more - I think what you are seeing is TIs self-indictment on having ever been with HW in the first place - I think when we see the "trash" scene play out in ep 26, it will be more of TIs amazement on how far HW has fallen while chasing JH/ambitions - So again, in answer to you question, No I don't think TI has any real feelings left for HW, definitely not enough to cause any sort of 3 way love triangle ( ED-SJ-HW ) 

.... but this is the kdramaverse, so we'll see Monday :blush:

LCO

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Awesome 1

When TI had breakfast with HJH at the hospital, he said outright that HJH was there because he liked ED, causing HJH to bluster and divert the topic with defensive question. TI did not sound upset, more like a brother to HJH - which we know is clse to the truth. So another possibility  is SJ and TI pairing and HJH and ED pairing. Conflicts will be mostly corporate and parental approval/disapproval.

• Like 7

@maribella SJ and TI pairing and HJH and ED pairing is natural pairing. In fact HJH and ED pairing will get no resistance at all as nobody cares. In fact  those rich mothers will be happy that HJH is taking orphan ED with no backing and business connections.They want H JH out of competition. SJ and TI pairing  as we see is most awed one by all . So it's gonna be center of drama till ep. 50 at least .They will break and make it to keep CJH and Hw at toes. However TI's overprotective nature towards his mere  simple personal assistant   ED will attract envy from SJ,HW,SJ mom etc.Which will in fact put ED in danger and that's how story will roll.I feel T I SJ marriage will be high drama , something will happen at their marriage vanue, which will postpone the marriage yet again.But SJ will smell the foul and will go behind ED. Obviously HJH will get browny points protecting ED and showing TI the mirror as how dangerous he is to ED and all.

@yukiyukiku  @LeftCoastOppa I agree there's expected love triangle between ED-TI-SJ. It will be fun to watch.

I am looking forward to see how T I dad finds out about ED and starts caring for her.After all he has her father's heart and revere him as a healing friend.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, shana0127 said:

@maribella SJ and TI pairing and HJH and ED pairing is natural pairing. In fact HJH and ED pairing will get no resistance at all as nobody cares. In fact  those rich mothers will be happy that HJH is taking orphan ED with no backing and business connections.They want H JH out of competition. SJ and TI pairing  as we see is most awed one by all . So it's gonna be center of drama till ep. 50 at least .They will break and make it to keep CJH and Hw at toes. However TI's overprotective nature towards his mere  simple personal assistant   ED will attract envy from SJ,HW,SJ mom etc.Which will in fact put ED in danger and that's how story will roll.I feel T I SJ marriage will be high drama , something will happen at their marriage vanue, which will postpone the marriage yet again.But SJ will smell the foul and will go behind ED. Obviously HJH will get browny points protecting ED and showing TI the mirror as how dangerous he is to ED andI

Not sure about it being natural pairing, drama writers have their own ideas of 'natural'.  At present, I don't see the real plot yet. I am guessing it has to do with TI bringing down the Chois just like ED's guess, but he has been more than a son to Chairman Han, so why is he bringing him down? Because Hans and Chois are family? 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, maribella said:

Not sure about it being natural pairing, drama writers have their own ideas of 'natural'.  At present, I don't see the real plot yet. I am guessing it has to do with TI bringing down the Chois just like ED's guess, but he has been more than a son to Chairman Han, so why is he bringing him down? Because Hans and Chois are family? 

if im not mistaken, TI's plan is to bring Choi, because of what happened to his father's cancelled surgery that led to

him breaking his promise to ED... with the complication of ED's Dad's heart being transplanted to TI's Dad as

a replacement to the 1st cancelled surgery

Chariman Han just happened to be the reason why Choi did such horrible act, so TI plan to use him to destroy Choi

by marrying SJ for power to eliminate Choi's family 

i believe he doesnt want to destroy Han, just want to use them

• Like 6

Hello everyone I just finished binge watching all the episodes. Wow, It has been a long time since I watched a daily.  @yukiyukiku @maribella @LeftCoastOppa 

@shana0127

Preview I admit I don’t know who is the actual OTP for this novel. I know everyone maybe shipping for CED with HJH. They are cute but I am getting the siblings vibe between them. I checked mydramalist there 5 main roles listed in this drama. HJH May have a chance.

As I watch I this drama HJH will never be with CED because

1. Puppy never survive in kdrama land unless it is about them

2. HJH trust the one person who is out to get Cha Eun Dong

3. HJH has no power because his sister and mom don’t want him to inherit the company 

4. he has no idea his cousin murdered CED’s father. It won’t be possible. 
Kang Tae In 

1. I want him to be with CED  ( SMH SMH ) I am , I like them together. 
2. he knows everything and he is looking for proof of CED’s father death

3. He is trying to atone for everything. 
4. he is trying to help CED her her life back

5. TI never agreed to rake CED’s father’s heart. He found out about toward the end . Smh 

I feel bad for him and wished he would find some kind of happiness. 

SJ tries to be a good person but she is way to much like her mom. We have all seen her mood swings. It’s no something that TI will be able to tolerate for long . 

Legendary Kdrama Mother Fights!!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29af2ed4055918971657

Hi @Lmangla

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

@UnniSarah welcome to forum.

Loved your analysis.

Well not everyone is rooting for CED with HJH .At least not me. In fact i love TI .I love the way he looks at CED.Actor playing TI is my fav.I personally feel TI ED relationship will go through lot and will finally develop into a strong affectionate one. Still HJ H will always be there to catch ED whenever and wherever he can :D

Agree SJ  has that temper and soon TI will find it unbearable once she starts asserting he relf.Daily drama is incomplete without that MIL fight .Few go for one as in your GIF, well HW , CHJ moms are pair made in heaven :lol:while others go for more sophisticated one like TI  and SJ mom are having.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

waving hello @UnniSarah; it has been a while since we are seeing the same daily. :)

so your question on who to ship -- think @shana0127 got it right, we are likely not going to get the answer till another 50 episodes. hahahah... am shipping her with ji hoon because the mess of seo ju and tae in will be juicy to watch. now, that we have seo ju admitting that she has feelings for tae in, it is going to get far more complicated. feel like the actor playing tae in did some saeguks and he transplanted into a modern drama. kekeke...am looking forward to him finding out how she truly feels about him and his reactions.

it is hard to tell where tae in's head is at -- is he just feeling guilty? does he feel more? one hand you have scenes where he is concerned and holding her hand. then you have scenes where he feels very much the older brother like @maribella pointed. not only was he big brotherly with ji hoon at breakfast but he seemed kind of relieved and approving of ji hoon's interest in eun dong. it is like he wants someone who is looking out for her because that reduces his burden. also, given the messy ties between tae in's mom and chairman han, tae in ending up with eun dong will bring a lot of pain to ji hoon and tae in's mom in some ways. it would create a situation where she would have to choose between her sons. the poor woman has been through enough. so for her sake, think the pairing would be cleaner with ji hoon.

this drama reminds me of saeguks where the focus is more on the revenge, manipulations and messy relationships than any romance. am loving the dashes of madness that we have here -- crazy mother-in-law fights and a doctor who likes to slap her patients than treat them. bring it on! :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

38 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

it is hard to tell where tae in's head is at -- is he just feeling guilty? does he feel more? one hand you have scenes where he is concerned and holding her hand. then you have scenes where he feels very much the older brother like @maribella pointed. not only was he big brotherly with ji hoon at breakfast but he seemed kind of relieved and approving of ji hoon's interest in eun dong. it is like he wants someone who is looking out for her because that reduces his burden. also, given the messy ties between tae in's mom and chairman han, tae in ending up with eun dong will bring a lot of pain to ji hoon and tae in's mom in some ways. it would create a situation where she would have to choose between her sons. the poor woman has been through enough. so for her sake, think the pairing would be cleaner with ji hoon.

yes...TI does give confusing vibes towards ED

1 time his eyes shoot fiery "my love is all yours" dagger

then next..he's concerned like an older brother to his little dongsaeng

I think TI himself doesnt really think/feel in a full romantic ways toward ED yet

especially he's known ED when she was just a highschooler, when he already a grown adult male manager around 30

What he has toward ED mainly are overwhelming guilt and genuine care

As we can see TI is a lonely soul, he's pretty much clamped up & bear everything himself

ED can see him breaking down few times, and the memory of it always comes to her mind

and she always probe everything like curious george

On the other hand, TI start to see ED as an independent & caring woman..she doesnt want to bother her famz to come to tend her

while in the hospital, while talking with them in completely different tone & face compared talking to him & others at work

:wub: caring ED to her family vs cold ED :expressionless: to him and at work

And when ED fell & managed to stand up herself, TI just watched without move an inch

His worry expression yet kinda surprised to see a different side of ED
(in compare to HW, his ex fiancee, who depends so much on her sly hubby, yet still so messed in her decision making & make worse mess)

I think we still have to see in the coming episodes

how TI start to cracks and how ED will be able to embrace it & be a woman to him

And i think most likely pair is TI & ED

Cuz HJH - ED pairing has no potential overblown makjang compared to TI - ED pairing

and the drama is 100+ eps

• Like 6