[Drama 2021] Penthouse/War in Life, 펜트하우스

0ly40

CSJ still evil as ever.. No character development... I thought if OYH died CSJ will change... But she's the worst now... I don't know why writer need to killed off OYH character... Seems her death was useless!! :triumph:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

I have no faith in any of the characters anymore, not a single one. I don’t trust them.

I am not sure what is this writer thinking... Atleast make OYH death worth... :pensive:

• Like 2

Penthouse is so frustrating!! Like I’m not even confident on who to root for. SuRyeon hasn’t really done much for her grand revenge plans, Yoon Hee who had most of the information is now dead, CSJ is still a RickRoll'D and the same as JDT, Baek JunKi is too unstable and unreliable, Rona and SeokHoon are too young so can’t do much damage, Yoo Dong Pil has shot himself in the foot by working alone, Ha Yoon Chul lacks money and power to do anything useful. At this point, I’m just hate watching to see how JDT and CSJ will die and fall respectively.

I actually miss Logan, he was able to get things done and I hope he reappears soon. Maybe now that Na AeGyo is reappearing, I hope the revenge moves forward. She was able to get things done too. 

• Like 4

Only have watch 1st episode of season 3. And honestly I can’t take anymore the absurdity of the drama! They killed Logan Lee? Why would they kill him, only to make him come back as his twin brother? If LL indeed has a twin brother, why the heck would he needs MSA bone marrow? Afterall twins have the closest match of everything. It already a huge disappointment that Logan died at the end of season 2, what felt inconsistent is Logan we knew from season 1, not only a sharp & smart guy, but also very fast with his movement & martial arts. I remember when bullying kids pushed Rona of the school balcony, he jumped very fast to grab Rona’s wrist & prevented her from falling. So in this instant, when realising he’s being checkmate by JDT, several 2nds before the explosion, why didn’t jump away from when he stood? 

And what now? After all what happened in season 1 & 2, MSA turn out not to be SSR’s daughter? So all her revenge plan & pain were for a stranger? Well, why not make more makjang, that MSA is actually the evil JDT’s daughter from one of his past mistress. Wanting JDT to raise their daughter in wealth she swap her daughter with SSR’s daughter, JDT thinking MSA is SSR’s & her fiancé’s daughter told his lackey to kill her but the man sent her to the orphanage instead… anyway since season 1, I never believe both SH & SK are JDT’s biological children. The way he mercilessly hit them as if he letting out of his hatred on them. Especially more in season 2 where he seems genuinely care & let NAG had her way most of the time. It shows with people he truly cares, he still has some compassion, which he never has with any of his children.  

• Like 2

Lmao this drama. :joy: :joy: :joy: I'm surprised that I'm not even mad about this episode. If this happened in S1, I would be pissed, but now I just learned to sit back and enjoy whatever nonsense thrown at me. 

I love how KSO uses these tactics repeatedly, even when the viewers would see it coming. Reviving characters, twins/look alikes, using the dead character as a scapegoat for all the bad deeds, good characters struggling for absolute no reason, evil characters miraculously weasel their way out, etc. Oh yeah, and we have to assume all polices, detectives and doctors in this drama are not smart. (The fact that SSR saved BRN by doing CPR on her despites the doctor giving up says a lot) She never disappoint me with the consistency of her use of tricks, lol. (Can't say the same for the characters)

I'm pretty sure she is aware of this lazy writing as she proritises the drama and the shocking twists, even if she has to sacrifice the character development and the story arc just for one shocking scene. Nothing in her show makes sense, but enjoy watching the show purely for the laughs, and just to see how wild can her story get.

So now, we see the body of OYH. I'm still not 100% convinced that OYH died, unless I actually see JDT's men found the body and actually bringing it back to land. The scene was cut so they have some explanation to do. 

Spoilers about leaked photo: 

Spoiler

LL is alive, he's covered in bandages, and HYC will be the one performing surgery on him (after receiving the anonymous call in episode 5). Don't know why they asked HYC when his doctor's license is revoked and his hand is injured but oh well it's KSO's drama.

So yeah, I'm just gonna chill and get this drama over with.

:popcornjackson:

• LOL 3

I know Seo Jin has always been mean, very mean, but I'm disappointed with this writing, ;)but hey why kill OYH, even the explanations they provided regarding the flashback didn't convince me, ok she always hated her, ok she killed her dad too but it was an accident. Frankly, I'm just thinking that given the interview with the writer, it's expressly exaggerated,

I just wonder who among these evil characters will get away with it, seeing as she hinted at in her interview:weary:

• Like 2

Season 2

• Bae Rona dies mid-season
  • Na Ae Gyo appears
  • We find out that Bae Rona isn't dead
  • Na Ae Gyo reveals to be SSR

Season 3 

• Oh Yoon Hee dies mid-season
  • Na Ae Gyo appears
  • ??
  • ??

Is the writer repeating Season 2? 

Edited by LD Lee
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, LD Lee said:

Season 2

• Bae Rona "dies"
  • Na Ae Gyo appears
  • We find out that Bae Rona isn't dead.
  • Na Ae Gyo reveals to be SSR.

Season 3 

•  Oh Yoon Hee "dies"
  • Na Ae Gyo appears
  • ??
  • ??

Is the writer repeating Season 2? 

Na Ae Gyo (maybe SSR) and Logan Lee... I don't think OYH character will comeback... Shes gone for goods... :bawling:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marshi said:

Na Ae Gyo (maybe SSR) and Logan Lee... I don't think OYH character will comeback... Shes gone for goods... :bawling:

If this is true, all I can say, thank goodness for Eugene. Its about time she starts looking for other better drama to work in. Penthouse is getting tiring, its becoming Dynasty of the 80s. Even worst since the dead kept coming to life.

And the prison? Are those criminals on budget vacations? I thought 1 cell for 1 criminals especially those with murder case but here they even have chips & snack & laze around all day doing nothing! Some punishment * roll eyes*

Anyway I watched the show because of Eugene, if there’s no Eugene, than no reason for me to continue watching. I thought she’s gonna get back what she lost; her voice, her singing career, her daughter, her love & her life but seems like she’s back to square 1. Lost everything & eventually her life

• Like 3

I feel very weird at how people are upset over Yoonhee dying when 85% of the viewers spent the entire show bashing her, now that she's dead you guys want her back? Lmao.

If she is truly dead the show is gonna lose a lot of viewers, myself included. And the ratings will fall, resurrecting characters constantly won't save how bad this show is becoming. Yoonhee's one of my favorite characters, I like her more than Suryeon (to be completely honest, I find her overrated but Lee Jiah is an amazing actress!) I've liked her character since the beginning (except for when she murdered MSA) and Eugene did a great job playing her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I'm going to assume OYH and Logan are going to return by the end of the season. I think HYC saved Logan's life and OYH is the one that was contacting him in this vary episode. Though showing OYH's corpse can mean that she died for good. 

Edited by LD Lee
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, LD Lee said:

I'm going to assume OYH and Logan are going to return by the end of the season. I think HYC saved Logan's life and OYH is the one that was contacting him  in the vary episode. 

Yah, even it doesn't make sense hope she comeback too... since the logic doesn't applied on this series... :joy:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Marshi said:

Yah, even it doesn't make sense hope she comeback too... since the logic doesn't applied on this series... :joy:

If OYH is discovered to be alive then this would be the third time the writer tricked the viewers into thinking she had died.

• Like 2

WTH did I just see, OYH dead and wrapped in plastic falling out of a fountain?

And JSKyung is dead too? Oh, no, she's alive.

Oh, I feel so bad for Jenny's dad.

And I have to say, this show makes me crave gold bars.

I still don't get what that tutor saw in EB. Of all the kids, she's the least appealing. In fact, she's totally repulsive.

Interesting that Dr Ha may have to step up with Rona. May...

Oh, it's sad seeing Eugene dead. Don't be dead, Eugene. Screech at us, and flare your eyes.

Urgh, I hope SR or Jenny's mom is the trustee for YH's business. And crikey, those reporters were vicious, but that's the press 

Why does real JDT think fake JDT won't handle him the same way he handles everyone else?

Oh well, that's it for my running commentary here. I have an appointment!

• LOL 1

I have always disliked CSJ, but last season made me feel some pity for. All of that is straight out the window. Now along with JDT she is my #2 on people I want dead/miserable at the end of this show. 

I haven't watched it with subtitles yet, but I hope OYH is not dead. Yes I know we saw a body but I feel like being a fool and hoping she isn't dead. Hey its Penthouse they could resurrect her. 

I hope that at the end finding out SK is SSR daughter doesn't change anything, or at least in how SSR feels about SK. It may help with SK's insecurity. I just don't want the bio-connection to give SK a free pass on all of the stuff she has done. I like that SH and SSR are holding her accountable. 

• Like 1

I don't think Oh Yoon hee died. When HYC was watching the news they said something about the temperature being very cold that day. Maybe she became hypothermic. Otherwise, why would they say that in the news? In penthouse, nothing is shown without any reason.

• Like 2