[Drama 2020] Hi bye, Mama!, 하이바이, 마마!

0ly40

1 hour ago, Nancyzak said:

Still cuts released by tvN.

Reveal hidden contents

KIM TAE HEE to beautiful to be a bride, how lucky is RAIN is.

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images including IG. Thanks
  • Like 2

Preview for ep 6

MJ: Oppa (KH), why did you hit me?
KH: Me?!
GS: Just what in the world happened with your faces? What happened last night?
Dae Chun (DC): Why Yu Ri is the only one who can become a human again? Is this even possible?
YR: I can't go back to my previous place
YR: Enough!!!
HJ: Do you really not want to raise Seo Woo?
HJ: Min Jung is the only reason why you and Kang Hwa has can't go back together

DD: There's maybe something happened to him than you think
MJ: From head to toe, they are too much similar with each other
Woman: Are you saying you want to get a divorce?
MJ: You can be the mother for Seo Woo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This episode is great too.

I love that all the title is related directly to the early and epilogue of the drama. It is so deep and meaningful.

In this episode it actually shows that oh min jung love seo woo so much. And yeah she is trying to be tough but soft inside and usually end it with drinking alcohol to take the pain away.

It is a twist about the strawberries which i dont see that coming. She actually dont give seo woo strawberries which Yu ri thought it will be seo woo favourite because it is actually her allergies. She knew all along ( that mean she care alot for seo woo )

Idk why but both of them is so good and it will be sad either way. No matter who left behind urgh

And the chance turn into fate is...

Gang hwa was on subway and seems sleepy.

He left his bag with min jung in subway accidentaly.

And turn out she was his hobbae in university and yeah that was the accidental chance meeting that turn into fate.

She had secret crush for him.and want to give chocolate but after hear about ganghwa describing yuri as his girlfriend she back away. Well what a coincidence indeed.

And the epilogue... 

• Like 3

please Writernim, i dont want

On 3/7/2020 at 11:26 PM, Samuel Yohanes said:

This episode is great too.

I love that all the title is related directly to the early and epilogue of the drama. It is so deep and meaningful.

In this episode it actually shows that oh min jung love seo woo so much. And yeah she is trying to be tough but soft inside and usually end it with drinking alcohol to take the pain away.

It is a twist about the strawberries which i dont see that coming. She actually dont give seo woo strawberries which Yu ri thought it will be seo woo favourite because it is actually her allergies. She knew all along ( that mean she care alot for seo woo )

Idk why but both of them is so good and it will be sad either way. No matter who left behind urgh

And the chance turn into fate is...

Gang hwa was on subway and seems sleepy.

He left his bag with min jung in subway accidentaly.

And turn out she was his hobbae in university and yeah that was the accidental chance meeting that turn into fate.

She had secret crush for him.and want to give chocolate but after hear about ganghwa describing yuri as his girlfriend she back away. Well what a coincidence indeed.

And the epilogue... 

We are there already MJ like GH, she loves SW like as her own but GH and YR  deeply love each other. i rather have YR alive than GH ending up with MJ . IS it possible writenim in the end GH will divorce the 2nd wife because he truly will realize no one can replace YURI and get good terms with the inlaws and they happily live together then SW gRowing up look like her mom :w00t:

• Like 3

i think YR will choose to go back up eventually.. her priority has always been SW.. even though she lived as a ghost for 5yrs following SW, she would have witnessed how GH and MJ got together, their lifestyle.. she has already accepted that.. though awkward but i guess she only wants to be there to see SW grows up healthily..

ep5 seems to elaborate that MJ relationship with GH and SW is not sheer coincidence or chance.. even her first day at the hospital was the death of YR (this is where the fate of YR and GH/SW should have ended) and birth of SW and she was placed in MJ’s arms (this is where the fate of MJ and SW started).. 

this drama is so funny!! yet.. filled with pinches of sadness

• Like 2

I think we need to appreciate Yu Ri Mother decision to cut ties with Gang Hwa completely.

It seems stupid and heartless especially for yuri father, yuri sister, and ganghwa himself. But it had a good point of view why she do it.

First of all, Gang Hwa grief so deeply that he got no more reason to alive. Even looking at seo woo you can see deep inside he still in a lot of grief and disbelieve. 

She saw it through him and decide that when ganghwa want yuri parents to be the one who take care of seo woo and scared that he will join yuri ( aka suicide ) and this is really possible when you grief so much you can do stupid things without thinking first. 

And thats where she goes with cutting full ties with ganghwa and force him to take care of seo woo himself. 

In 1 way it make him being responsible with his daughter life and because nobody helping him ( yuri family cut ties ) he must do it himself. So in other word he couldnt do the stupid thing he could do if yuri family decide to take care of seo woo.

In other way she act tough in front of the family so other would accept it but in reality she also care about yuri and seo woo to but she need to do it so ganghwa can be alive and actually had a good life. 

Because if he keep staying with yuri family, he wont move on at all and ofcourse will always be remembered with yuri and min jung will never be on his life.

Yuri mother sacrifice her own family happiness so gang hwa can have a good life with seo woo and possibly new mom so seo woo got mother figure to grow with.

:(

• Like 4

Reasons You Can’t Help But Fall In Love With Kim Tae Hee’s Character In “Hi Bye, Mama”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387164wpp/reasons-you-cant-help-but-fall-in-love-with-kim-tae-hees-character-in-hi-bye-mama

Here’s the second OST.

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 4

Finish watching ep 6.

This one had a lot of tears for me.

From the start it sad enough we got the ghost family come to visit their resting place. 

And then we got Yuri father reunion with seo woo and how that makes yuri in tears seeing the flashback of yuri father said that he will take care of her child and no need to worry while ganghwa record it. But after the death of yuri he couldnt say much and give ganghwa to raise seo woo alone.

Argh the ghost storyline is so sad aswell.

They are kind of annoying but you know it hit you the deepest when yuri tell them.she will jelp one by one with one wish only. And everyone from saying whatever suddenly go silence because they all know all they can think about is their family.

Once again this writter can make the story so deep and meaningful. It help too see what others couldnt see. So far all the title reflect well for the message she want to relay.

And ofcourse i think min jung want to get divorce because she is scared with yuri. And when she drunk she said yuri can be seo woo mom. But when she remember saying that and yuri know that min jung preparing for divorce she kinda regret it(?). The look on both their face is so scary. You look at 2 determined person.

And you guys got it all. Yu Ri will start being aggresive now to take her rightful place. But i am scared that this mean min jung will be the evil one. I see the change of her eyes after that encounter. It is true that she is scared to yuri the most. Well it kinda hurt that she back off from hitting up ganghwa when she heard about yuri. Into holding seo woo the first time. And see yuri died in front of her own eyes. And then she came back alive. Everyone would be out of mimd if that happen.

I feel pretty bad for the ladies with purple hoodie. She killed herself and guess what? Office problem ofcourse. I think she got stressed out from work or maybe something else. But it is really common to happen and yeah it also shows how she said she regret it right away because.... family. How her mom holding the sign for justice for her daughter is so sad.

The only bad scene i got for today is the ghost singing. I skip that right away and never look back.so cringe lmao but the rest is pure gold.

And the notable scene is ganghwa teacher who defend him.in the commite. Relaying that doctor is a human too.

9.5/10

Cant wait next episode. But judging by recent episode i think the title can really tell alot for the early and epilogue of the drama.

Maybe anyone love to make theories?

7. Where flowers bloom and fall

8. People who cant say goodbye

I guess 8 will be cry fest again like today. While 7 will be hopefuly showing how ganghwa married min jung

• Like 3

Hardsub preview for ep 7

HJ: Whom do you like more Yu Ri or Min Jung?
GS: Are you asking me as if I have to choose whom I like more between mom or dad?
HJ: I choose Yu Ri. Yu Ri will be the winner
GS: My dead friend has come back alive
DD: I guess all of us have that one friend who come back alive from dead, don't you think?
DD: Do you want to enter that home as the house maid? Because of their bad relationship?
YR: Then what should I do? The only one who can protect Seo Woo is me
MJ: Do you like the aunt that works in the kitchen (YR)?
SW: I like the pretty aunt (YR)
GS: All the three of you are in difficult situation. What kind of crazy man can endure that? There's no way you can do that (I'm not really sure about what GS imply in his sentence because he speaks too fast)
YR: Can't I just do it? I really have to do it 

• Like 3

idk does anyone else think minjung wants a divorce because she just doesn't feel belonged in the family? :/ i mean she's always the "stepmum" and the other mums keep gossiping about how weird her step daughter is. she brings seowoo to the academic kindergarten and they pointed out that perhaps she isn't doing enough to develop seowoo's social skills and thus seowoo is perceived as weird. kang hwa doesn't depend on her like people would expect normal husbands do their wives. i just feel so sad for her because i feel like she came into this because she loved kang hwa so much she gave up everything including her job to be with him and seowoo but for 2-3years she just felt like a poor substitute for yuri... argh it's so complicated ;A; yuri is holding back so much she definitely wants to be with her family again but i also feel for minjung ;A;;

also lkh's crying scenes bro... i lost my eyeballs. 

i also wanna hug prof jang ;A;

• Like 8

Yeah the initial episodes set me up to think that Yuri is super intuitive and wants the child's well being above all. Now i feel like that rather applies to Minjung. I also thought that it would be super heartbreaking to watch Yuri. That has also switched. Don't get me wrong. I've always had empathy and was intrigued by Minjungs character. But i didn't expect that i would be so much more emotionally invested.

The scene where the daughter blew on her face.. so heartbreaking. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 1

Ever since they beginning I never feel Minjung doesn’t care about Seo Woo or her divorce filing has to do with Seo Woo but more of how Kang Hwa treats her. She doesn’t feel loved and trusted by Kang Hwa? She can tell he is hiding something from her. I feel bad for her since ep 1. 

I guess the writer is going for Yuri being human at the end of the drama. Let’s hope there is no beef between Yuri and Minjung. Both are already pitiful but if Yuri ends up of KH, MJ will be the most pitiful one.

Is it just me or Seo Woo does know YR is her mom but just pretend not to and call her pretty auntie and also her grandfather too. 

• Like 5

what if something stereotypical like this happens:-

Spoiler

MJ got into an accident.. YR is given the chance to take over her body.. she will have the chance to be called Mom by SW but have to live with the face, body and identity of MJ..

:vicx:

• Insightful 1

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

what if something stereotypical like this happens:-

Reveal hidden contents

MJ got into an accident.. YR is given the chance to take over her body.. she will have the chance to be called Mom by SW but have to live with the face, body and identity of MJ..

:vicx:

That could happen. Probably the only way to go if YR were to stay alive. Her legal record has been recorded as deceased anyway. How are they going to restore her into society even though family and friends may accept her? She will be without identity. 

• Like 2

This drama makes me feel so much. I like how we get a wonderful drama after a dearth of good dramas, a dramna that tugs at your heart strings and leaves you in a dilemma because taking a side becomes so difficult.

Unpopular opinion here, but I feel really bad for MJ. She has done nothing wrong. She had been taking care of her husband and child, doing her best for her family. Trying her best to be needed. With the way things are, she is nothing but a glorified nanny/ housekeeper. KH is completely oblivious to her presence as a woman, as his  lawfully wedded wife, the mother to his child. In his eyes, MJ simply exists. There is no emotional connection between them. I feel bad for MJ. She is at the end of her tether and I don't blame her for seeking an 'annulment'. 

Since Korean dramas are mostly logical, I am hoping YR will realize that she can not undo the past and 'replace'. I think that's what the 'grander plans' are of the powers high above. To make her see for herself that her time is well past. She needs to give them her blessings and let them make way through this maze called life. 

Also, sometimes the episodes have too much 'fillers'. That kind of distracts the audience and that emotional connection that forms between charterers and audience is lost. I think the writers should try to 'exploit/ explore' the emotionally charged moments between the characters and audience, instead of dampening the air with sometimes useless fillers.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, confusedheart326 said:

KH is completely oblivious to her presence as a woman, as his  lawfully wedded wife, the mother to his child. In his eyes, MJ simply exists.

actually i do wonder about this. that's kinda what i felt initially too, but then i started feeling differently recently.

he did want to tell minjung about yuri, but he simply didn't want to burden her with that knowledge when ultimately it's his decision/his problem to handle. he doesn't consider abandoning minjung (or at least hasn't expressed that thought) with yuri's return. i do feel like he cares for her and respects her as his wife and probably loves her to a certain degree, although he probably isn't in the state to open his heart to happiness since he keeps blaming himself for yuri's death and thinks that he doesn't deserve to recover from losing her. unfortunately his preoccupation with his own issues comes off as an uncaring husband to her):

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2