[Drama 2020] 365: One Year Against Destiny, 365: 운명을 거스르는 1년

0ly40

• Replies 575
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, nrllee said:

I thought that too but the thing I have against that theory is his age and size.  He doesn’t look particularly buff?  The serial killer has to be someone with considerable strength and he needs to know about these cases (inside knowledge).  Didn’t he grab Serin and drag her off and she dropped her pink phone?  That takes a fair amount of strength.  That’s why I ruled him out as the killer.

I forgot about serial killer part. Just saw twitter post someone shared here of Hyung-Joo collecting items. And he is wearing the same hat i noticed on the Se-rin's killer. 

Honestly, if they go the route of making one of the leads the killer it would be great,granted if there's logical explanation behind that kind of decision. But what would be the reasoning? If he is the serial killer and was during first 5 resets, what kept him killing them during the 6th that they survived?

On the other hand, if as people said Sun-Ho is the killer and others survived past 2019 because of his death, does that mean that his death didn't happen during 5 resets And was Lee Shin's doing in 6th? The more I think, the more confusing it gets. I just hope whatever ending we get it is not completely illogical and out of place like in most dramas. 

3 hours ago, Regi said:

On the other hand, if as people said Sun-Ho is the killer and others survived past 2019 because of his death, does that mean that his death didn't happen during 5 resets And was Lee Shin's doing in 6th?

She said she watched them all die in the first 5 resets to find out how each died.  Then she saved them in the 6th.  She diverted them from being where they were supposed to be or from the event that caused their death.  But the 6th was also where SunHo was killed.  So yes I would say she needed SunHo to die (and I think in place of HJ).  Remember she said they all died?  I thought it was weird that YS’s car accident resulted in GH’s paralysis but in the 7th reset resulted in the death of her friend.  All things being equal, it should’ve resulted in just her friend being paralyzed.  But her friend died.  So in all previous resets, GH died in that accident. But she lived in the 6th (and was paralyzed).  So going by that logic, the only 2 who have averted their deaths in this reset (7th) have been HJ and GH. And that’s because even though they didn’t know they were supposed to die then, their interventions in the same events that would’ve caused their deaths caused them to escape their deaths.  I hope I am making sense. :lol:  I am pretty sure about the example of GH but I am not so sure about how HJ’s one came about.  I think we were all assuming that they died from the serial killing but it could’ve been other causes?

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I think we were all assuming that they died from the serial killing but it could’ve been other causes?

@nrllee Yes I find that plausible, I think in each case it would have been a combination of real and 'assisted' deaths.

13 hours ago, 000231846597 said:

The filming locations of Dr Lee's lair revealed.

The gate of Zi-an:  Lakewood Country Club, Yang-ju City, Gyeong-gi Province

Zi-an indoor scenes: MBC studios

Zi-an courtyard scenes: http://monamour.kr/sub1.php?Page=sub1-1

@000231846597 You're an absolute star, thanks for this. 'Premium Healing Space' indeed! 

On 4/18/2020 at 8:50 AM, Regi said:

Also, for the past few episodes I have kinda been suspecting Hyung-Joo's team leader, older one with glasses. I think he is the one who killed Bae Jung-tae?! I mean in the first episode, after Sun-Ho's death he recommends Zian to Hyung-Joo and it always seemed odd to me. It seemed that not many people knew about the clinic. And it felt like he was bothered by Hyung-Joo's investigations. 

@RegiDefinitely a possibility, very well spotted. Though the writers being so cunning, they also put down a plot line that the Zi-an clinic was only recently bought over by Lee Shin. He might have known of the clinic in less shady circumstances.

On the 36.5°C cafe body temperature thing. I thought it might be a metaphor for being on edge, since that's the lower boundary for normal core temperature. Not quite in imminent danger, but a kind of transition state between what's normal and what's dangerous. The situation could turn any minute. (Initially thought it might be a pun on the 'human warmth' of relationships, but that was before Mr Hwang began to look more potentially sinister.)

I think someone much earlier in the thread was trying to scrutinise the interior shots of the cafe (was it @Ameera Ali ?). I had another look and there were at least 3 clocks on display. Many of the decorative carafes, funnels on mugs, give the suggestion of hour-glass shapes. A lot of the decor also goes beyond retro - there are vacuum tubes, vintage radios, art deco/nouveau posters. Some of the furniture looks a bit Frank Lloyd Wright-ish and there's quite a lot of English used. Maybe it's just aesthetics / ID pretensions :D but maybe not. Connotation that Mr Hwang is a much more accomplished time traveller than even Lee Shin?

Then there's the symbolism of Mr Hwang's seat at the table when Lee Shin comes in with her goons. She seems to be taking charge when she sits at one end, but it's still Mr Hwang at the other end, at the head.

Questions, questions. 

I still have good hope because there's some track record for Korean dramas successfully adapting foreign series and improving on them. This worked out well for Signal and Designated Survivor at least, though those were tvN productions. Have resisted the urge to dip into the original Japanese show, but I'd hope that like the theme of resetting, they've learnt from prior tries to tell this story :P Latest teasers seem to show...

Spoiler

... HJ and GH teaming up to do some brain work over a map of the area, 

hope we get a logical and cleverly-constructed home stretch.

I don't think that JHJ is the serial killer, as @nrllee wrote above, he was supposed to die. Since GH has realized the connection between the different deaths (they all concern the same police district), the serial killer became aware that he needed a scapegoat. So it has to be someone among the police station. By framing JHJ, he ensures to divert attention from himself. BTJ sent a compromising picture of JHJ hence he becomes a suspect. Furthermore, the victim told his sister that the detective would show up at his place.

I do have the impression that his sunbae Sun Hoo could be the culprit, because unlike the others, he died in the 6th reset. The accident of GH happened because during the 6th reset SY was the one driving... and SH had died. 

The serial killer could be someone like Lee Shin, someone who lives the same year over and over again and in order to entertain himself, he decided to play god. He knows that the deaths can not be changed... so why not do it himself? If it is already predestined, then the serial killer can think that he is just the executor of god's will. And then, this came to my mind... the book that announced the date and the circumstances of the death: accident, painful death, suicide, etc. What if the author who is also a resetter is the serial killer? 

Notice that Lee Shin keeps saying that all this is somehow entertaining, she even questions about fate and destiny... can someone escape destiny? The serial killer could be just like her, trapped in that eternal circle, reliving the same year allover again... However, I believe that Lee Shin's deepest wish is to change her fate and her daughter's fate... we were given clues that the daughter could be related to the train derailment. She could be one of the victims. Yet on the other hand, Lee Shin heard from the doctor bad results hence I believe, she could be terminally ill. And her death as an terminally ill person and her daughter's death are the reason why she chose to relive the year over and over again. Maybe she is trying to find a way for her daughter to escape from her fate but for that, she needs to change the destiny of the persons from the reset. 

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yet on the other hand, Lee Shin heard from the doctor bad results hence I believe, she could be terminally ill. And her death as an terminally ill person and her daughter's death are the reason why she chose to relive the year over and over again. 

I have been wondering if the results were not her daughter’s but hers?  As in LS herself is terminally ill?  So her scenario would be like Hwang’s where both want to escape death so they can care for their charges?  A long shot but nevertheless a possibility.

I am looking back at how HJ’s sunbae died and it was in his (HJ) apartment?  I can’t remember.  If it was true that HJ escaped death (because LS saved him from it), it would make sense that he was in his apartment and was stabbed.  I thought it was odd that SunHo was there when HJ wasn’t home.  So somehow, LS manipulated the situation so that it was SunHo who died instead of HJ.

For LS yes it’s a deranged way of thinking that she can play God.  But from her perspective, she’s the one observing now. She was the only variable in the past 6 resets.  She has introduced 10 (or was it 11 - I lost count) others so the “butterfly effect” would be greater.  The only person who didn’t reset was the pregnant lady.  So it’s safe to assume that she was supposed to die in the flower shop blast.  I guess for want of a better word, she acted as the experiment’s “control” in the 7th reset.  LS saved her in the 6th reset so she went on to get pregnant.

Anyway it will be interesting to see what tonight holds for our pair, no doubt GH will have reservations about HJ like we have after the reveal :).

@triplem but look at them baby browns though?  No crazed serial killer blood lust there?  Maybe another kind of lust but not blood lust :lol:.  No, I refuse to believe HJ killed them :wub:  Aww...but he’d be so hurt if she doubted him... although she should get her own back because didn’t he run a background check in the beginning on her too?  I remember she asked him point blank and he dodged her question. :lol:

@nrllee I think, you misunderstood me. I also believe that the illness report belonged to her and not her daughter. Imagine... she is about to die and her daughter dies too. This would explain why she chooses to reset each time... I think, she wants her daughter to survive. 

And I believe that if GH and HJ had not arrested the fertility con artist, then the florist wouldn't have died as she had to go to the police station. So the killer noticed the florist there... 

Kill me already. Yes , this wonderful chemistry could hv been used for a little bit of romance which the original j version had . Now , I just hope they don’t kill each other . :lol:

More stills 

8 minutes ago, triplem said:

Now , I just hope they don’t kill each other . :lol:

What’s a romance without some rough seas to weather?  Maybe they will have the Mr and Mrs Smith vibe?  :lol:  I don’t think so though.  I hope they get over this blip soon because they make such a good crime solving team.  

Looking at the cuts , HJ was sitting there to transfer info from BJT’s pc before the cops came . He’s really troubled & from how shaken he is himself, he’s definitely can’t be the one to kill BJT .  Anyway later on when he was going through the the stuff he saved from BJT’s pc , a lot pictures of those who had died .

The  part about him in a mask as per preview or him holding the gun was just in her imagination! :joy:.  Remember how they had planted a bug to spy on BJT ...well she heard the phone call of BJT telling HJ to meet him . Then subsequently she heard BJT being stabbed & saying detective. So now she thinks , HJ killed BJT & is scared of him .

She had shared this info with cafe owner.  Cafe owner is in cahoots with Lee Shin for sure as he forwarded that recording to her . She seemed pleased . Feels like she wants to trap HJ & put the blame on him .

HJ suspects it’s Jae Young because the shoe  print matches ....he goes after JY . But JY has a recorded call of BJT telling him he’s going to meet HJ 

Will check out more cuts & be back shortly 

20 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

saw one clip and the gamer guy got stabbed by sun ho... wo

Yes. Sun Ho is the killer . Poor HJ . He thinks the world of Hyung but little does he know that SH was the one collecting all the trophies! 

Anyway continuing from my recaps , so the rest of the police team are listening to the recording & so it seems that HJ is likely the killer . But the female cop refuses to believe it . Meanwhile , HJ kept pressing Jae Young for the real killer . Then I’m not sure what happened ( cuz a lot of the cuts are missing ) but HJ realise that GH could be in danger , he wanted to know where GH was . Anyway he later called Sun Ho telling him that GH could be in danger . HJ drives to Zian Clinic & confronts Lee Shin. But of course she just gives her evil laughter & says HJ is the one that will probably be blamed . 
HJ got a call from GH .. she had been kidnaped but instead of telling him that she said something that needed him to decode . She was trying to tell him where she was . Actually she was kidnaped by her publishing assistant who was actually a crazy fan . Anyway Long story short  , HJ & Sun Ho came in time to save her. 

later on our best partners made up , he was so adorable here teasing her about accusing him as the killer . ( maybe my ship can sail  :lol:) . she said sorry lol ! 

Another cute scene of them discussing stuff ...lol...the only skinship we’re getting is a fist bump :joy:....

Spoiler

Ok so long story short ...the investigation started focusing on JY being the killer ..and meanwhile, GH has been updating cafe owner , not knowing he’s got a hidden agenda. He’s definitely working alongside Lee Shin but am not sure what’s their intentions yet . 

So finally, Jae Young was brought in for investigations & he explained how his shoe print was found on site . He was the one who had recorded all that happened because he had gone to look for BJT ( sorry my bad earlier , the recordings came from Jae Young) . He supposedly saw the killer as he was hiding & later when he heard some footsteps ( HJ’s )he ran . Then he told Sun Ho (who was interrogating him) he saw the face of the killer ...he said it was Hyung Joo! 

Spoiler

Anyway , Sun Ho confronted HJ about all his notes and asked him how he knew so many things & all , HJ finally tells Sun Ho about how he resetted etc . SH told him not to joke around 

JY was in his car & gets a message. This anonymous person sent him a video of him bullying SeRin’s BF. So the person say they must meet up . JY told his driver to drop him off . He went to a dark lane. He knocked out unconscious. When he woke up , he was in the trophy room . Sun Ho comes in & stabs him !!!!

Preview : HJ & GH working alongside Sun Ho ...not knowing his real identity!

Many of us were right to suspect SH of being the serial killer. However, we still don't know the motive and what connections he has with Lee Shin.

I am wondering if SH is like Lee Shin... someone who has a reset too and hopes that at some point with his trophies, he can move on. We heard that with a reset, you can not take things with you. Gathering items means that he hopes that he can now end the reset. Furthermore, why do the frames have no picture?

I have the impression that SH's fate could be linked to the LS's daughter. But his death didn't resolve the problem. 

I cannot bear the suspense, so I did a search for some spoilers of the JP drama's & the original novel's ending, summarized by netizens...from the limited info I gather, the JP versions actually are vastly different from this Kdrama version and offer no answers to the mysteries we are trying to solve, eg. Lee Shin's reason for reset and why she picked these reset-ers.

Spoiler for the JP drama ending, be warned!
[The novel's ending seems quite badly written and irrelevant to this K version, so I am not going to give any details]

Spoiler

I cannot shake the feeling that this Kdrama version will do similar things as the Jdrama and make the ending a cliffhanger, letting the serial killer enters the next reset with one of the leads, who wants to save all the died reset-ers.

12 hours ago, triplem said:

Kill me already. Yes , this wonderful chemistry could hv been used for a little bit of romance which the original j version had . Now , I just hope they don’t kill each other . :lol:

I heard that the chemistry between jp leads were actually quite bad despite having romance... yeah, I do hope the Kr leads can share a little bit lovey dovey moments, not wasting the natural couple sparks they have :)

10 hours ago, triplem said:

Another cute scene of them discussing stuff ...lol...the only skinship we’re getting is a fist bump :joy:....

@triplem Sounds like your heart is all back into one piece now? I really can't believe that the gun pointing scene was all of GH's imagination. :joy: But, thank goodness!

All I can say is that I am super stumped about what could be the linkage between Sun Ho, the resetters/their mementos, LS and Mr. Hwang. What's strange is that the brown leather box containing the USB stick found at BJT's place looks similar to the one that Hwang had in his box containing the mysterious cell phone. My eyes could be wrong though.

In the preview, if I piece together LS' words, she says "If you just kill him, that's too merciful. Making him suffer in pain until his last breath, that's true revenge". I wonder who is she talking to and who is she talking about. Also, I think it is her daughter who has an incurable illness, but until it is actually confirmed, it could be LS too.

Archived