[Drama 2020] Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon, 유별나! 문셰프

larus

After having watched ep 13 it's clear that Hyuna is even more unstable than I thought. It seems like having such a cold hearted father has really messed her up. When Belle Ombre is taken away from her by Bella, that will tip her over the edge... :(

I hope she doesn't end up committing suicide....

I really loved how the village came together and rallied to find Bella when they were worried she had been kidnapped.  :heart:

• Like 1

Been quietly watching this drama. This is one of those dramas that want to make me pull my hair but I can't stop watching it. I feel the good guys are soooo dumb and too much noble idiocy. Each one of them is enemy of the bad CEO but instead of uniting and communicating to each other, they just attack separately (at different times) and not even trust the other party to share. Or when they do trust the other party, turns out the other party somehow will betray.

I understand maternal instinct, but can't believe the mom wants to be under the bad CEO's thumb forever and instead will betray her son's plan. She should've work with her son to make a plan to fool the bad CEO instead of giving actual plan. Same with Bella, she did whatever she wants without telling Chef Moon but then she turned around and demanded him to not hide stuff from her (and then took taxi to go see the bad CEO again without saying anything). Gosh!

Also don't understand why Bella is trying to get measurement from the village people to make the clothing gift again. Didn't she make their restaurant uniform before? Shouldn't she already has the measurement then? Am I missing something?

• Like 3

Busy weekend. Just got to watch EP.14 now. Aside from the part of clothe making and the drinking scene at the village that feels like a bit of a filler, the plot is still interesting even though there nothing to bring out much discussion since it's very clear line who's the good and evils are.

Seola, the taste genie is so cute when she became the little boss of Pungcheonok!!  And looks like they found an old video of young Bella and her mom while she was at the village?

I want to know if Mr. Jung is not really trustworthy like someone warn Chef Moon or he turned a new leaf. Love Eric's acting in the scene with Mr. Jung when he confronted the man about the arson that killed his parents. I was glad he jumped out of the way when the car was plough toward him, unlike how they let a shock Bella just standing there when the car ran toward her.

Madame Jang actually did a big score in ruin the fake Bella, that was a good one! I couldn't believe I actually felt bad for Im Cheol Young when he broke down seeing Hyeo-ah hurting herself. I did feel a bit of remorse from him in that tiny moment. He destroys his daughter's mentally with the way he approach life and success but he still cares and covers things for her. I guess seeing her hurt physically it might bring out that guilt.

Next week is going to be bloody as Im Cheol Young is getting all crazy at what will happen to his daughter next week. I hope Bella and Chef Moon will have some happy time together. Ever since they become a couple, they haven't got a real date. XD  I miss their fun time like when they was on that trip as a fake couple lol

The magic porridge that gets rid of anxiety  :blush:

96010890_526795848209474_648394017833152

97056376_858286268025481_519667423564541

95778674_1163965843958538_81544085665009

Souce:  https://www.instagram.com/moonseungmo/

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cuplik said:

Been quietly watching this drama. This is one of those dramas that want to make me pull my hair but I can't stop watching it. I feel the good guys are soooo dumb and too much noble idiocy. Each one of them is enemy of the bad CEO but instead of uniting and communicating to each other, they just attack separately (at different times) and not even trust the other party to share. Or when they do trust the other party, turns out the other party somehow will betray.

I understand maternal instinct, but can't believe the mom wants to be under the bad CEO's thumb forever and instead will betray her son's plan. She should've work with her son to make a plan to fool the bad CEO instead of giving actual plan. Same with Bella, she did whatever she wants without telling Chef Moon but then she turned around and demanded him to not hide stuff from her (and then took taxi to go see the bad CEO again without saying anything). Gosh!

Also don't understand why Bella is trying to get measurement from the village people to make the clothing gift again. Didn't she make their restaurant uniform before? Shouldn't she already has the measurement then? Am I missing something?

Agree!!  I feel the same way. Instead of working together effectively as a team, they're not straight forward with each other about their plan so it doesn't work effectively against Im Cheol Young.  It's like you tie people together and each one moves in different directions so nothing really moves.

For Mrs. Han, I think she knows more than anyone what Im Cheol Young is capable of doing so his threat of taking Junsu's life is no small matter to her.  Maybe she's worried Im Cheol Young is too much of a fox to fool? + he is keeping tab of her son's every move so I understand why she sides with the devil to protect her son in the mean time. I'm really happy Madame Jang pulled that one on fake Bella.  I love her clapback to Im Cheol Young so much ahaha

While it's a bit funny, I think Bella & Seola secretly taking measurement of village people & the random drinking scene were just to fill out the episode. I'm so curious what happened next from the preview.  Im Cheol Young is absolutely going bat-shlt crazy

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon, 유별나! 문셰프

Turn on CC for subtitles :)

[ENG SUB] 200506 “Eccentric Chef Moon” Australian Filming Journal - Eric's Cut

They were filming in Gold Coast, Australia for 1 week around the first week of February 2020.

[ENG SUB] 200511 [Seola’s Drawing Class] Seungmo Daddy & Bella Unnie Depicted by Seola ♥

[ENG SUB] 200513 ‘Eccentric! Chef Moon’ Eric’s Self-CAM “Time Gone By So Fast”

Where He Headed On Last Filming Day?

Released on May 13th, 2020 but the actual last day of this filming was April 15th.

• Thanks 1

Shinhwa’s Eric, Go Won Hee, And More Share Final Comments As “Eccentric! Chef Moon” Comes To A Close

May 17, 2020
by S. P
c69a5e625c9442559f076b0f85a932b0.jpeg?s=

The cast of Channel A’s “Eccentric! Chef Moon” bid farewell to the drama with their heartwarming final messages.

“Eccentric! Chef Moon” is a romantic comedy about Yoo Bella (Go Won Hee), a reckless world-famous fashion designer who suffers from memory loss but experiences love, growth, and success after meeting star chef Moon Seung Mo (Shinhwa’s Eric).

Shinhwa’s Eric, who played chef Moon Seung Mo, healed viewers’ hearts with his sweet romance. He commented, “Time really flew by fast since I worked together with such good people.” Eric conveyed his final wishes for the drama, saying, “I hope the viewers will have warm memories of ‘Eccentric! Chef Moon’ and that it will last in their memories for a long time.”

Go Won Hee, who perfectly portrayed the chic, whimsical, and lively character of Yoo Bella, said, “I received lots of love from the viewers throughout a long period of time. Thanks to that, I was able to improve my skills as an actor one step further. I’ll work hard to become an even better actress and think about how to return all the love that was given to me.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1400862wpp/shinhwas-eric-go-won-hee-and-more-share-final-comments-as-eccentric-chef-moon-comes-to-a-close

• Like 2

"Seungmo: If we don't have evidences, makes evidences" ~ That was a good game there Chef! See, if they pool their head together than clapping separately, they can win over the devil. I like how Im Cheol Young was checkmate.  I'm happy what thyey did with Hyuna than what the preview suggested could happen.

Is it bad I that want Seungmo to give that devil another punch or 2? I like what Chef Moon said to Im Cheol Young that he's not stuck in the past and there are precious things for him to care about. 

Yoojin overcoming the camera flash and Seola telling her to keep the necklace and give her when she comes back show how mature our little girl was.

I am satisfied with the ending but I do wish there is a bit more for Seungmo and Bella, not necessary a wedding because it's so typical.. I don't know what it is just give some more happy couple time. But the way how this drama is, heart warming and low-key this ending is quite fitting.

The best part is Seungmo telling Yoojin to go and do her things. That's really sweet and how love should be. Uplifting each other instead of holding one back in the name of love. I like this message.

Seungmo tapping Bella at the back as the villagers look on was cute.  :)

All in all, it stays the warm hearted drama, kindness and love wins.  I'm going to miss this low-key drama. They worked so hard for the 6 long cold winter months amid the pandemic and all. Wishing all of them the best with their next works. :heart:

97129013_638067523589571_777521228041613

97302427_667049167191820_706284952328505

• Like 1

Moonstagram posted a montage for all the cast before he closed shop.

You can see them here >>  https://www.instagram.com/moonseungmo/

I miss it already :cry::cry::cry:

200517 Moonseungmo IG Last Update: “Eccentric! Chef Moon” - Shinhwa’s Eric

Hello, this is Chef Moon, Moon Seung Mo.
Now that I’ve caught Im Cheol Yong and Yoojin came back, it’s time for me to focus on my own main career.
When you come to Seoha Village in Nonyang Province, the big traditional Korean house on the left is Pungcheonok. Try out the course meal since you come a long way~
Thank you for supporting us, enjoying our show, liking our posts and commenting. Well everyone, then please stay healthy~

32e4ca7bcd0d0acbd52d8b9cc5622af83c513032

5a02ca74ef4c86aaa4ed852b6569040e7e221816

3969b490aa2247f098e2e22616e82d10cf507801

Spoiler

2808f398979c1e42375556258249825d1817a315

Source: moonseungmo
Translation: EricMun.tumblr

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

200526 Shinhwa’s Eric and Go Won-hee’s Video Message and Photo Promotion for Japan Broadcast

9e6abd8b078dc325b87b7fd25848be33ab5d9aef

2c43967c11226bced628a0d4f8c964095fa5b477

5a418800a65abb1f52ae938ca5bb14436b2c4eee

Spoiler

2c23173296ba4d846d7cbe13ef729ee8c68dc7ef

After four years, Eric, who is also a leader of SHINHWA, has starred in a drama “Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon” (original title).  It will be broadcast in Japan for the first time on KNTV starting in June.

This is the latest drama that has just broadcast in Korea. It is a healing romantic comedy featuring a designer who suffers from memory loss and a daughter(?) who suddenly appears, all taking place under the same roof. Eric, who also showed his cooking skills previously on variety shows, drew headlines for his captivating performance as a Tsundere chef.

To celebrate its first broadcast in Japan, a video message from Eric & Go Won-hee has just arrived!

・ Shinhwa’s Eric & Go Won-hee, check out the article below for a chance to win the autographed Polaroid gift!

ee3d23ccf24d9356db502f2443bc220e3081c458

■ Program overview"Yoobyeolna! Moon Chef"

Broadcast date: June 4 (Thursday) Japan's first broadcast, weekly at 8:00 - 10:30pm (2 consecutive episodes)

Cast: Shinhwa's Eric, Go Won-hee and others

■ Related sitesOfficial site: https://kntv.jp/program/kn200602/

◆ Shinhwa's Eric & Go Won-hee autographed Polaroid will be drawn for two people by lottery ◆

【Application method】Follow Kstyle official Twitter account "@Kstyle_news" & RT the post. Please apply.

【 Application period】From Tuesday, May 26, 2020 15:00 to Thursday, May 28, 11:00

[Conditions]・ Follow Kstyle official Twitter account (@Kstyle_news) on Twitter.・ Person lives in Japan (prize delivery destination is in Japan)・ Agree to the the rules regarding application.

Watch Eric & Won-hee’s video message here.

ERIC:  Hello, Kstyle viewers. I’m Eric!
WON-HEE: Hello, I’m Go Won-hee.
ERIC:  "Yoobyeolna! Chef Moon" is set in the background of friendly Seoha Village.
ERIC:  Centered around a tsundere chef and a designer who suffers amnesia, it is a healing romantic comedy drama.
ERIC:  Please keep an eye out for the cooking scenes that I played myself.
WON-HEE:  And please keep watching for the ongoing love between the man and the woman.
BOTH:  Please watch it on KNTV!

Source: Kstyle, KNTV
Translation by EricMun.tumblr

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!

• 1 year later...

Just started watching this series...Watch it as currently catching up with Eric series...Watched Eric in Fishing Village with Lee Seo-jin and find Eric to be an interesting person as such catching him with his series now.

Watching up to Ep 10 and I find Hyun-A's father a "psychopath" not in the real sense but worst as in he is prepared to "KILL" just to get what he wants... He dumped his wife and daughter to marry Han Mi-Young..Kang Joon-soo's mother just to get hold of Donghan Group. Han Mi-Young is blinded because of her husband Kang Min-Seok infidelity... { shall hold my thoughts on this till I finish the entire series }
End of the day...am sure he will get rid of his daughter if she really becomes a thread to his "empire"  He is using "dirty" ways to get what he wants and very good in burying all that he has done.  Wondering how deep is the burial ground for his "dirty" action, etc
When he purposely angered Elder Han to a heart attack and refused to help him even take away his mobile and enjoy sipping cup of tea waiting for Elder Han to reach the point of no rescue...then he call 911.....I was wondering if there is any CC TV install somewhere or even at that moment when he is sipping his tea, Elder Han daughter would walk in. Ouch...this Im really has no heart in him and thinking his assistant Jung Gwang-Soo is ever so willing to lick his toes and help him with all the "dirty" work...I hope Jung will end up in that burial ground of Im

Wishing there is more Eric aka Moon Seung-mo cooking...he is so cool...

Thanks all for reading.