[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

I was finally able to tear myself away from the ML's lips & pay attention to the rest of the drama. When he threw the rich heifer over his shoulder & carted her outside, I was half afraid she'd enjoy it. But then she slapped him. I hope this manhandling doesn't spark her interest; she'd be a very cruel rival in love.   

I've always liked the actor playing Jihun. Jihun definitely has ulterior motives for working with that family. I don't see any sparks when he looks at the rich heifer. It's easy to see, though,  that she likes him. I wouldn't be surprised (just very disappointed) if they end up as a couple. 

The drama is still in its early stages. This early part is the least interesting to me. 

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ugh...the rich heifer is seriously and absolute disgusting!!! She is so bratty, rude beyond recognition & over spoiled to the point that everything and everyone is beneath her!!!! She needs to be taught a lesson. I so want someone she richard simmons off to secretly film her abusive behavior and upload it online for the entire world to see and bring shame to her & her family. Just because your family has money, doesn't mean everyone else is your stepping stone. Technically, your dad has money. He worked hard to make that money. She did absolutely nothing nor contributed to making money!!! Her father needs to show tough love in order for her to grow up & mature. She needs to be taught responsibilities and her actions has consequences! Either cut off her funds or something. Let her throw a temper tantrum...once she has no money, she'll be groveling to her parents for some...Ugh...

8 hours ago, whome said:

Ugh...the rich heifer is seriously and absolute disgusting!!! She is so bratty, rude beyond recognition & over spoiled to the point that everything and everyone is beneath her

She is the younger version of the mother in Love is beautiful life is wonderful (you are fired!!) :D  @Ameera Ali

@yamiyugi my friend, why don't you write in wordpress blog?? Your style is wonderful and you can get many followers. I used to blog in google blogger because it allowed use of youtube links and photos, but for you wordpress is better because it appears in google search easier. Plz consider the idea.

Watching, but I found today's episode a bit boring. Spent most of my time trying to figure out Jihun's expressions. ML's sister is looking for a job - wonder if she'll end up as the rich heifer's assistant. The  best part to me was when the ML got caught partying. The FL at this point is somewhat pushy & annoying, though I know it all revolves around needing $ to cover the cost of the clothes she rented & the bike accident.  Will she get the job when the ML finds out he was responsible for how she looked in the interview?

OK, who is the girl that pretends she doesn't understand Korean? Wonder what her purpose is? Unless she'll overhear something later...

@nohamahamoud2002 Thankyou for your praise. It means a lot to me. I will certainly consider your advice as well but unfortunately at the moment I just don’t have enough time. Perhaps later when I get more time I shall definitely try it out. I should also perhaps reduce the number of dramas that I watch that might also help.

Now enough of the side talk. let’s get on with the drama itself.

Spoiler

So let me first of all start by mentioning who my favorite character is in the drama. That character happens to be Suji and why is she my favorite. Well the answer is quite simple. She is the most polite and well behaved character in the show and the most honest as well. If she doesn’t like someone she lets them know by slapping them silly. If you try to manhandle her and go caveman style on her well you know what she is going to do next. Yes, that’s correct slap them on the spot. Normally in these K-Dramas when one of the male characters have something to say to the female lead they tend to usually drag them by their arms instead of asking them politely to follow them. We all consider that caveman behavior but Chung Bong literally grabbed her and put her on his soldier when he realized that she wouldn’t follow him any other way and carried her out of that shop. That was a more literal version of the caveman style and he got slapped for that. Take for example Chung Bong’s sister she was being harassed by her boss and she ran away but not before hoping that some prince would come to her rescue. Suji handled it on her own. Then on top of all this she knows exactly what she wants to do in life and what not to do. So in this case she knows that she doesn’t want to run her father’s company and instead wants to be a Pop Star. So she isn’t buckling under pressure no matter what others say and her dream is about to come true. On top of all this she also knows how to protect her man and won’t allow someone else to come between then and try and steal him away. She clearly is jealous that Chung Bong is interfering with her love life. Only she can love Jihun and anybody else better pack their bags and leave town if they know what is good for them or get ready to be slapped into next week. Okay just incase somebody didn’t get this I was just joking she clearly isn’t my favorite character since I don’t approve of people being so abusive just because they think that they can get away with it.

But while we are on topic of things that I like and don’t like about characters let me add something in all seriousness. The one thing that I don’t like about Yewon’s character is her voice currently. The actress is going for that nasaly tone which just seems weird and wrong. I don’t know what her intent is. Perhaps she thinks that the innocent type uses such a tone. I don’t know whatever it is I don’t like it and I know for a fact that isn’t her actual tone of voice since I have heard her in both Unknown Woman and Smile Again (2010 Version)/Smile Donghae where she had a totally normal tone of voice. Perhaps this is just me and others don’t have an issue with this so I will let this matter slide. Not that this is a deal breaker and will make me drop this show.

Other things in this show. Brother Bum has moved on to trying to sell his products to his family as predicted. Why doesn’t anyone try to teach him any sense. I guess it is a good thing that his daughter is introduced to the show. Perhaps him meeting her will help him mature into a better person. Best part is that she is currently living in Suji’s house so I guess her role might be to find some incriminating evidence from that house later on that will tie them to the husband’s death. But while we are on the topic of Bums in the family it turns out that the SiL’s husband is becoming one as well. So while I don’t approve of abusive woman/wives I can sort of understand her frustration. On top of all this he is okay with not finding work at the moment because his wife is working. Atleast prior to getting caught he was trying to find a job though he wasn’t very good at it since he was probably looking for it through the newspapers only and that he was doing it for some time like that.

So it seems like Chung Bong and family are either going to be their new neighbors or the fact that the family has another house which they have been renting out. I guess that is a good source of income (or they might be planning on renting one of their rooms at the house) but I have a hard time believing that since it doesn’t seem like they have enough rooms there since the two brothers are sharing rooms and all. But this is certainly an interesting development because we all know that Brother Bum is getting scammed and he probably is going to need somebody like a lawyer to bail him out and we already know that Chung Bong used to be one so he will likely help them out and get some points from the family for doing so.

Speaking of Chung Bong I am actually feeling bad for his sister. She has become traumatized after working for such a person and it will be some time that she will overcome this trauma. Perhaps it might have gotten better if the new guy didn’t look a lot like her previous boss and that would have constantly reminded her of him and thus she would not have been able to apply herself to her new job and would have gotten fired anyway. It is a shame that Yewon’s BiL didn’t try and punch her boss on that day and rescue her like he did with that other woman. Perhaps she wouldn’t think that all men are terrible and have some hope. Well she doesn’t think of that about Jihun. I do like how she keeps going on about how she is taking care of the plant that he gave her. LoL her memory might be a bit poor but he gave that plant to her brother as congratulations for starting his new firm and all and Chung Bong then allowed her to look after the plant. He probably knew that she had a crush on Jihun. Now it remains to be seen just who Jihun actually has feelings for.

So now both Chung Bong and Yewon have ruined things that belong to the other (but actually don’t). Problem here is that Chung Bong is the only one in trouble here compared to Yewon. This being that since the car belonged to Jihun he doesn’t actually have to pay him back (Jihun himself told him as much). This means that Yewon doesn’t need to pay him as well if he chooses to. But Chung Bong on the other hand might need to pay for his damages because she rented the items from a shop and she actually has to pay them back. Though since she washed those clothes with water without being aware that she shouldn’t she is partially at fault since his actions weren’t fully to blame. I guess they both should come up with half of the cost each to be fair.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to work with Diva Suji. The female worker that thought that she got off from that company dinner got roped into becoming Suji’s assistant for the time being. Hope that she can last out the rest of the show without getting abused from the Diva but that seem to be asking for too much doesn’t it. Speaking of her family I find it interesting that her father is sponsoring Orphanages. I get it that he probably uses it as a cover to look good to the public but from his remarks to his wife it seems like he probably does it out of guilt. Atleast that is what I want to believe if we are to have a birth secret in this drama and this would be that he wants to ease the guilt for abandoning his son. Then again I may have watched to many dramas and the only birth secret that we are going to be getting is Brother Bum’s daughter. I do wonder how they will end up meeting each other. Also what reactions everyone is going to have at this point especially Brother Bum. Will he try and hide her or try and get rid of her.

Also it seems that Jihun is transforming from a loyal person at the company to an ambitious one since he is know eyeing the top spot. How far is he going to go to obtain it. At times it does feel like he has some sort of feelings towards the Diva but at other times it feels like he may want to use her as a stepping stone. I can guess why the mother may be against her daughter being in his company but the way I see things is that currently he is the only guy that can handle the Diva and her outbursts since he more or less plays along with her demands (most of the time). Only when it come to the matter of Chung Bong as he failed to do so. So it would seem like he may be the only one that can stand up to her tantrums otherwise the other party will probably be demanding for a divorce pretty soon.

@whome In regards to someone secretly filming the Diva and uploading it so the whole world can see what is actually is like isn’t exactly possible. People certainly try to do that but her father deals with it. He gets his PR Team to locate each and every video and delete with it before it becomes a major issue. Remember someone did that when she dumped juice on one of the workers at the gym because they were offering her a drink from a rival company. But I do agree that the dad probably needs to take some sort of drastic action to fix her ways such as cutting of her funds. Though probably he might think of transferring Jihun’s job on Chung Bong since the two have different methods of handling her madness. Jihun more or less plays along to her requests when he needs to clean up her mess such as paying of the injured party or perhaps transferring an employee to another department or branch etc.. but Chung Bong on the other hand tells her outright when she is wrong and should apologize to the wronged party. Something that she doesn’t like. I really hope that this isn’t the case but perhaps this is the best way to cure her Diva Syndrome and make her a better person. I just hope that she doesn’t end up falling for Chung Bong because he is the only person that has the guts to face up to her and all.

@Takingthehighroad I suspect that the girl that pretends to not understand Korean is Brother Bum’s daughter that he isn’t aware of. Let’s see why this may be possible. In the last episode we had a slo mo moment when he passed by her but neither saw the other party. This usually only happens when two people that are related to each other (important ones) have a close encounter but miss them by a few seconds. So this shows that they must be related. Then after this there is another clue. Yewon tells her MiL that it might not be easy for them to take out another loan because they are still paying for the loan that Brother Bum took out for his business in Vietnam. The girl is clearly foreign so it is safe to assume that this is his daughter from over there. But the biggest indicator of this fact is when she is introduced she is looking at a picture in her wallet and the guy in it seems awfully similar to Brother Bum. So in short I believe that these two are related in this way but I may be proven wrong. Anyone else with a better suggestion please let me know.

@nohamahamoud2002 Are we sure that Jihun was indirectly responsible for the reporter’s death. I feel like Hanna Drinks is equally responsible (or atleast the dad is) I somehow doubt that the reporter had signed any organ donation parts before his death. But the better question now is how did Hanna Drinks get him to donate his heart to Chung Bong then. We know for a fact that Chung Bong received his heart the same day that the reporter died and that they were both in the same hospital as well. We also know that Jihun was also at that hospital later on. So the question now is who autrhoized the doctors to use the reporters heart was it Jihun of the president of Hana Drinks if it is then he is more involved in the death. That is if either of them pressurized the doctors to use the reporters heart to save Chung Bong’s life. Did the President know that the heart belonged to the reporter or did Jihun keep this detail to himself but tell the president that they could save Chung Bong’s life because a match was found and he needed the president to use his influence at the hospital to allow them to do the surgery. We all will have to see how it plays out in the end. Also what will Yewon’s reaction be when she realizes that she is working for the same company that was responsible for her husband’s death directly or indirectly. I somehow feel like they are back to their old tricks which is lying to the public that they are using local goods but are also still using items from China to make their products. Speaking of using products Chung Bong is pretty smart to advertise them by offering them to the reporters and all. He really knows how to use product placement for his company. If I recall correctly the president was speaking with Jihun of how they were supposed to sign some contract with a Chinese company so either they have two different brands now or they are still deceiving the public.

As for Yewon getting a job at the company I feel like it will probably be Jihun that manages to convince the people to have her hired rather than Chung Bong. He really doesn’t want to work with Yewon or rather not meet up with her so it probably won’t be him that recommends her. Since I find it hard to believe that he can approve of her. That doesn’t seem to be his department so how is he going to find out about this. I feel like it will be another surprise when she gets the job because she most likely will be sent to his department. perhaps as the replacement to the worker that has been assigned to be the Diva’s temporary helper.

Anyway since I am a bit busy will end the post here for the time being. So take care all of you and keep posting. I know that I am probably forgetting something though so will add that later on when it comes to me.

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Seems like Jihun may like  likes annoying girl so he may be a big problem here if she falls for the lead. Lol this is going to be a MESS

It will be like Sunny Again tomorrow :) 

I think things may change later, remember JE was chasing HG, then left him to DG, also HN was after DG then left him to HG, so it is the same idea 

6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Full EP for some reason uploaded by KBS

they do this (by mistake) sometimes lol, it happened before, I remember :D 

@dramaninja  you are the most active one here :D you know, I am still unable to catch up, I got soooooooooo tired after watching 3 dailies at the same time last season (shady mom, home for summer, a place in the sun). It was such a headache lol, though I skipped much later, 

just a question, why do rich girls have to be soo hysterical and arrogant? the rich girl is really too much, and she is supposed to by funny? Why can't I laugh really??  

Oh I forgot, she has to wear short skirts. stereotype ;)

the sweet lead is very respectable and nice, I really like her very much already

@nohamahamoud2002 I just hold the fort until other people arrive for this drama lol

Anyone else really like the ML attitude I love to see positive characters in a drama I actually hope he can get  close to YW  and her MIL as well since I feel bad for them both losing the person they love. He will also get a  big family.

Archived