[Drama 2019-2020] Unasked Family / Down the flower path, 꽃길만 걸어요

0ly40

4 hours ago, Takingthehighroad said:

To prepare myself before I binge-watch to catch up, I've re-watched Legend of Yanxi Palace & Ruyi's Royal Love in the Palace. Therefore, there's no way my BP could go any higher. I've also visited PsychCentral to prepare mentally. I feel so "invigorated" that I am going to watch 2 dailies: this one & Elegant Mother & Daughter. I will comment more when I catch up unless I'm carted out of here on a stretcher. 

Welcome to the gang :D we need your sense of humor here lol

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started on episode one :D

I am already laughing my head off 

Ep1 : already teaching us what not to do  :D

5dc0a7b560bd3296947981.gif?download

Me : I wouldn’t care who , I would be like :joy:

5dc0a7dcb3f71454527467.gif?download

but the bonus is :mrgreen:

5dc0a7cb40dcf845374876.gif?download

Just where they find these crazy in-laws these women in kdrama :lol:

So let’s see what has happened in a year. A bunch of people aren’t where they claim to be and some have changed their jobs and all. But let’s start out with the main leads first.

Spoiler

Yewon is still living with her In Laws and it also seems that her relationship with her MiL has greatly improved and she is still helping out at the restaurant and learning how to make tofu. Seems that she has improved but still not mastered it. Her dad wants her to return home since he feels guilty that she is burdening her In Laws but she is satisfied living there. Her dad is still a taxi driver. As for her sister she probably dropped out of school but is doing a part time job that her father wants to quit. Let’s see if that happens. Perhaps she is looking for her main lead or wants to meet Cha Soo Bin.

As for Chung Bong he has left his previous job as a lawyer but now works for Hana Drinks Legal Department. This probably means that they have either gone straight or are covering their tracks well. Perhaps their corrupt deals are handled by the senior members of their legal department etc.. Regardless Chung Bong is glad that he gets to work here since he can repay the kindness of Hana Drinks for supporting him and saving his life as well as the fact that he can see his best Bro Jihun at work as well. I guess seeing him doesn’t seem to trigger any kind of side effects since they are still good friends and all.

This brings us to Jihun. Him being loyal to the owner and covering up their dirty dealings has finally allowed him to get promoted and he is finally a director over there.

Now let’s move to Yewon’s In Laws and what they are upto.

They youngest that was a soldier last time we saw him has finally left the mandatory military service. But unlike his Loafer of a brother he isn’t just sitting at home idly letting Yewon and his mother take care of him. Though he is one of the people who isn’t where he claims to be. At home he lets them think that he goes to study at some academy but secretly he works as a bike delivery guy (is it only food or other things I am a bit unsure). Turns out that this is the same place as his SiL (Yewon’s younger sister). I guess this would imply that these two are going to be love interests. But more on that later.

Yewon’s SiL is pretty much just as bad as she was previously though it does seem that she now atleast picks up the kid on the way home. So some points for that but she is still quite mean or bad towards Yewon by saying things against her without any evidence. For instance, she mentioned to her mother that people don’t wait for three years anymore before they move on with their lives. They do so more like in a year. Guess what it has been a year since her brother died so she is implying that Yewon will be ready to move on with her life and be with someone new. Actually in the preview of the next episode she even suggests that Yewon might be cheating on her hubby on his death anniversary. Guess we can see why she doesn’t have that many fans.

As for her husband he has quit his job secretly but he still lies to his family that he is at work. Actually he is still searching for a job so he isn’t bumming at home etc.. Also to maintain his façade he has constantly been giving his wife house running expenditure and all. She assumes that this is from his salary but the truth is that this was from his pension but this is running out soon. Meaning that he needs to find a job soon unless he wants to get caught.

Now let’s move on to the final member of the In Laws. Saved the best for the last. Brother Bum is still doing that. His relationship with his stepmother is still the same. Meaning he doesn’t still call her mother but Old Lady. Still leeching of others but at the same time has fake pride. For instance, when the mother gave both Yewon and his brother some money he refused when she offered him some but the moment that he was alone with his brother he asked for half of it from him and took an addition 10$ as well from the brother. Regardless of this he is going to end up causing trouble for the rest of the family soon. For instance, the ship con is still going on and he still isn’t aware of it. He is literally sinking his funds in a doomed sinking ship. (Pun fully intended) This probably means that he still hasn’t paid of his brother’s loan to his wife. Though I doubt that he ever intended to do that. Hope that he proves me wrong. The con artists probably aren’t letting him go because they know that they have caught an idiot in their net so they are dragging the con. Surprised that nobody else has also caught on so either this was a limited con or the people in it are all idiots. But the reason that I say that he is going to cause more problems for his family is the fact that he is getting roped into making investment in some Bio company. Clearly since he is an idiot he is going to get double scammed and what not which will eventually lead to the family trying to bail him out.

As for Suji she has finally managed to sneak back into Korea. I guess the guards at the Exile Station were pretty lax. Though she hasn’t returned home. At the moment it seems like she is planning on staying at a hotel or was it just a welcome back party with her friends. Actually I was thinking that she would get caught by this episode but she got lucky. Jihun sent Chung Bong to a hotel to sign some contract so I was expecting one of them to spot her and report her to the family. But I guess Suji and Chung Bong are probably unaware of each other and since Jihun wasn’t there he couldn’t ID her conveniently. So I guess this plot will go on for a few episodes.

The kid that Chung Bong successfully defended is not doing an honest job at an Open Market. He has already met Yewon so things might get interesting down the line since he knows both the main leads.

Someone pointed out that the two leads have finally met each other but things didn’t go well. To be honest I am not surprised by this fact. This is normally the usual formula that I am used to. The previous drama was an exception. Heck the previous drama also had the main leads meet up for the first time after 15 episodes.

As for the matter about Jihun and the Company President. I do know that both are corrupt but I have to wonder just how much the other party knows what the other one is doing. For instance, something tells me the president isn’t fully aware of Jihun’s actions. Perhaps he just tells Jihun to do something (which he knows is illegal) but he doesn’t get into the details. This he leaves to Jihun. So in this case does he know that the reporters heart is with Chung Dong or that perhaps Jihun had more of a hand in that etc..

Brother Bum should be kicked out of the house perhaps that way he will stop leeching of others. He doesn’t realize how nice he has it since he gets free boarding and food while he does nothing. His brother is much better. He is working on his own and I am sure that he contributes to some extent at helping at home. So far he seems to be the best in law and I guess that is why he probably is a better match for Yewon’s sister. Hopefully nothing happens to his bike. Now speaking of his job I can see the SiL trying to blackmail him in regards to it. For instance, if she discovers that the rest of his family are unaware of this fact she may pretend to let the matter slip such as wondering out loud if the BiL is in a bike gang or something to that extent. She may then get something in return perhaps some money or something else. So I guess probably not the best match at the moment. Speaking of the sister she apparently didn’t get the education/job that she wanted because her father didn’t make enough money so he couldn’t support her.

Though this makes one wonder what is her next job going to be. Her dad wants her to quit soon so unless this is her only role I can see her searching for a new job. She did say that she was saving money for fashion school. So either this means that she wants to become a model or fashion designer. If it is the later then I can probably see her working for Suji. Suji mentioned that she wanted to become an artist/creator. I initially assumed that she meant someone in the entertainment business but an artist can also be applied for being a fashion designer and her creating the latest fashion etc.. so it makes more sense for these two to end up working at the same place rather than Yewon and Suji. Still not sure what Chung Bong’s sister’s role is going to be in this entire drama so we will have to wait and see.

Speaking of Chung Bong, he is still as helpful as ever and even helps the workers in the company. Thus he has a lot of fans. Though we discover something important about him. Both he and his sister were abandoned when they were young so it doesn’t necessarily mean that he is an orphan. Infact this might imply that there is a birth secret behind this which is a norm for these dramas. If we go by this logic, then the most obvious choice would probably be Hana Drinks President as his father. I doubt the president’s wife could be his mother. For instance, he seems quite close with the owner and he even mentioned that he is like a father figure to him. I guess it will turn out to be literally true later on. But if this is the case why were they abandoned. A good point and who abandoned them. For instance, did the dad do that since he was getting married and didn’t want to get caught or told the kids mother to do that since he didn’t want anything to do with them. Or did the president’s wife do it in secret since she was jealous of the kids and lie to her husband that they ran away from home or did she do it before she got married to him. All seem to be interesting points. Also if this is true then perhaps it is this interview that will give Chung Bong away. Thus when the guilty party reads it they will recognize him and then try to get rid of him and his sister. Then again none of this might be true and I just might have been watching to many dramas with similar plots.

The only thing that I don’t seem to get is how Yewon’s MiL doesn’t want her In Laws (Yewon’s father) to show up at her dead son’s death anniversary function. It makes no sense to me. Both of them have lost a family member. I get that her loss is more but still it isn’t right in my opinion. The only reason that I can come up with is that she is afraid to lose Yewon as a DiL. We have already seen how the dad is suggesting to Yewon to return home. So what would he do if he was at her place. He would perhaps directly suggest this to the MiL who would then end up losing both family members. She has just started to get close to Yewon and it will feel like she has lost another child/daughter. That is the reason why I think that when Chung Bong marries Yewon he will move into her In Laws house. I can see that as pretty weird but still possible.

Anyway that will be all from my end for the moment. Take care all of you and keep posting. So till next time.

Once again, I find myself watching this daily. I keep telling myself to stop watching them to avoid frustrations, but nope I don't even listen to myself.

However, with that being said, I do like this daily ... so far! It does indeed remind of Love is Drop by Drop (Ughhh...) but at the very least, the male lead wasn't cold hearted nor lacks empathy prior to heart surgery. The male lead here is already warm and a very good person overall prior to or even after heart surgery. That's a plus.

yamiyugi   Everything you mentioned make perfect sense. I wonder who will be Yewon's rival in love? Probably that mean, nasty girl! There's always one Brother Bum in the family & a mean sis-in-law. I do see the MIL against Yewon falling in love again - she won't want to lose her. But once she finds out Chung Bong has her son's heart...

1 hour ago, whome said:

Once again, I find myself watching this daily. I keep telling myself to stop watching them to avoid frustrations, but nope I don't even listen to myself.

However, with that being said, I do like this daily ... so far! It does indeed remind of Love is Drop by Drop (Ughhh...) but at the very least, the male lead wasn't cold hearted nor lacks empathy prior to heart surgery. The male lead here is already warm and a very good person overall prior to or even after heart surgery. That's a plus.

I understand completely. I grounded myself & went through a week of self-therapy. Did it work? Well (my favorite word), I'm sure I'll need to return to PsychCentral often just to stay sane. 

I've binged the episodes to catch up. So far I like it. I have watched so many dailies that it has affected my psyche. I've aged drastically. Example: You know old women (unfortunately after therapy I've accepted that I am a member of that class) focus on certain aspects of a person. I have focused on the ML & what I have become fascinated with is Chung Bong's lips. They are so...so...nice. If I can tear my eyes away, I'm sure I'll notice other things about the rest of the cast. Pray for me.

37 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Why do I get the feeling that we came willingly here to suffer? Lol @whome  @Takingthehighroad

Yup!  I read the synopsis and said I won't watch cause I'm gonna be annoyed.

So tell me why the hell am I here?

I really despise this idea that family has to be responsible for the actions of other family members. I loathe it with a passion. By all means support each out but dont be adding weight to their struggles man and most importantly ain't a dam sole obligated to do shite for you once you're grown.

Urgh why the heck am I here...

14 minutes ago, tas82 said:

Urgh why the heck am I here

You know what, this drama is just annoying, but not tragic. It is not as heavy as revenge drama, so I can stand it, I need a rest from thinking. And for sure it will have a happy ending, so I will take the risk lol (you can guess from the general air of the drama that the end will be happy)

17 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

You know what, this drama is just annoying, but not tragic. It is not as heavy as revenge drama, so I can stand it, I need a rest from thinking. And for sure it will have a happy ending, so I will take the risk lol (you can guess from the general air of the drama that the end will be happy)

You hit the nail on the head. Taking the risk to see how the happy ending comes about.

9 hours ago, whome said:

I totally agree. In LIDD, the main male lead got a heart AND a personality transplant. The donor's parents were a miserable lot at first too, although they came around it was very slow. I was surprised to see no wailing and gnashing of teeth over the fact that YW's late husband was an organ donor--the writer seems to be taking the much more reasonable (and realistic) road that if he signed up for it, his wishes should be honored. That was a big bone of contention in LIDD. The donor's mother nearly lost her mind when she realized her son donated his organs. There was a major breach of medical ethics and patient privacy to get the info out--but in this drama, BCD seems to respect the privacy of his heart donor. Let's see how long that lasts...

One of the funniest moments of LIDD was a shower scene with the male lead heart transplant recipient--and there was no scar. I laughed about that for months. What a good doctor he must have had! /sarc

Will BCD have a scar? Will he have selective memories of the donor? Perhaps he will like the song, "Tian Mi Mi"  LOL! 

I think that everyone here is in agreement--the sister in law is a piece of work (selling her kid's dog?? are you kidding me??!!  Ugh!  But such a beautiful dog...) and the ignorant and gullible older brother (who still calls his step mom "ahjumma"--WTH is that about??) need to meet up with some serious karma or a Kdrama White Box Truck of Doom. 

LIDD was a mess with the heart transplant plot. I hope that this drama will be decent atleast. I can count on 1 hand of daily dramas that i havent had to force myself to complete :D . I did love to hate the lead actress here in nameless woman so i hope its good. hopefully it won't be too much makjangish stuff.

finally catch up with the 7 episodes :wub:

sister in law is so annoying & dump 

if she give her husband half attention , she giving m her sister in law unimaginable affairs :tounge_wink: she would have figured out her Husband is unemployed & broke :mrgreen:

yes to her question :mrgreen:

5dc2c9d4bcfb9954220911.gif?download

her sister in law :mrgreen:

output_KKnBtI.gif

To be honest even I was planning on taking a break from daily dramas and all but since @nohamahamoud2002 so nicely asked me to join this thread I simply didn’t have it in me to refuse their request. Fortunately, I am not as frustrated as some of the viewers here. Perhaps I have simply become to insensitive after watching so many dramas or perhaps I know that they aren’t real. There are certainly things that frustrate me a bit and I will get into them shortly.

Now on to the drama itself.

Spoiler

@Takingthehighroad Thankyou for liking my theories. Let’s see how accurate they turn out to be. For instance, I need to reassess them every few times such as I was initially correct when I mentioned that Suji wanted to become a Pop Star but I altered it into perhaps wanting to become a fashion designer. Turns out the former is the correct one. Yes, you are correct when you point out that the female lead doesn’t seem to have a rival for her male lead and that if we want to be in a typical love triangle in these dramas. In such a case it will be interesting as to how Rich Brat will fall for Chung Dong. Though her falling for him wont be of much affect because we have already seen Snob Mum and her reaction towards Jihun. She doesn’t approve of him. This can be seen when she told her daughter that she should be careful and not meet Jihun to often as this could cause rumors to spread and thus affect her chances of marriage in the future. This is especially after he has done so much for the company whereas Chung Bong is a relatively new comer. Plus if my guess is correct that Chung Bong holds a Birth Secret we might not even have that. But I can sort of see of how she might fall for Chung Bong if that isn’t the case.

We know that she thinks of herself as untouchable royalty. She treats everyone else as dirt more or less. Meaning she doesn’t expect others to try and talk and fight back against her. Well if Chung Bong defies her she may try and get rid of him but that probably might not work since he has double backing and sort of protection. Those being of Jihun and probably the president himself as well. Perhaps the President might be impressed that someone dared to face against his brat of a daughter that he might give him the extra job of taming his daughter. This might eventually cause her to change.

As for the fact of there being a Brother Bum in every family I never really realized that. You must have a good eye and memory for noting that. Though to be fair I might have noticed this as well but it probably slipped my mind since I tend to usually forget what happens in previous dramas unless they are very good or extremely bad. The closest that I can recall from the previous drama would have to be Swarmy near the end. Though if you come and think about it that was dumb of him since he was planning on taking care of Geum Hui while he was jobless and he also had to pay of his debt how was he going to manage to do both. Then there was his brother who dressed like a bum but wasn’t one actually. But atleast both of them were still competent and wouldn’t be a burden on anyone else but Brother Bum over here is a total leech and leeches of everyone here doesn’t seem to care who it is.

Like I said earlier Brother Bum is on a sinking ship and he is dragging others along with him. In this case he has managed to rope in his BiL and plans on using his money to try and make it big. Naturally they both are going to sink unless someone manages to rescue them soon. Frankly I feel like they should get their kids to vouch for their investments as the not only seem smarter but would have recognized that Hakuna Mattata comes from The Lion King. Speaking of that what is with Korean Dramas and The Lion King are they trying to sponsor Disney. This is the second Daily and that to on KBS World that have brought up The Lion King.

Now to the matter of drama frustration that I mentioned earlier. I probably don’t feel as frustrated as other viewers because as of now there is extremely little to frustrate me and this is probably due to the fact that the Second Leads haven’t really plotted anything against the main leads since they haven’t met each other. Nor have the main leads fallen for any of their ploys and thus forgiven them thus allowing them to get away with their crimes and do something worse. Though the things that currently frustrate me is Yewon and her doormat of a nature of sorts.

For instance, in the last episode when she went out to purchase those live octopuses and ended up in an accident why in carnations did she phone her SiL to inform them that she would be late instead of her MiL. Atleast when she returned she bothered to explain the reason why she was late (partially) Meaning she failed to explain that she went outside to purchase those octopuses and it was only found out because Brother Bum noticed the water dripping from the place where the octopuses were packed in and then the Kind BiL opened it up and pointed it out that they were not only fresh but also something that her husband liked. Why couldn’t she have said that in the first place. So she quietly was taking in all their blames and accusations for simply no reason. I could understand if she was to out of it for some reason or shock but that didn’t seem to be the case. So if Yewon is going to be like that for now I can imagaine just how frustrating she is going to become in the future. “Shakes Head In Frustration”

I just want to confirm something. In the last episode we see a girl look at a picture in her wallet. The scene happened a bit too fast but it looked like Brother Bum to me. Does this mean that she is going to turn out to be his illegitimate kid from Vietnam? One guess who will end up taking care of her if that is true.

Poor Chung Bong’s sister has ended up studying under a perverted teacher. I hope someone comes to her rescue soon and punches the light out of that old man. At this point I don’t care who it is. It can be Yewon for bonus points but she doesn’t have it in her to be violent unfortunately.

So it seems that the writers have finally found a way for the main leads to end up working together since she is most likely going to win the prize and be selected at the company. Though I have to wonder what she is going to do with the prize money. She should probably use it to pay of the car damages but we know that drama never makes things easy for the main leads. Meaning she will have to either give it to Chung Bong or someone in her family is going to need it to bail them out of some trouble that they have found themselves in. such as Brother Bum’s scams effecting her SiL as well or perhaps the SiL will ask for the money for her rent deposit. Yewon being who she is will probably end up giving them the money.

@shamrockmom I would have previously said that Brother Bum calling his stepmom Ajumaha is a bit weird and that he is probably calling her that out of habit. I mean I remember when my cousin divorced his wife and later remarried his son (my nephew) told him that he was okay with him marrying someone else but don’t expect him to call her mom. My cousin was okay with that but told his son to atleast treat her with respect which he agreed on. Not sure of the status of those two since I haven’t seen them in ages and my cousin is back in the States. Yes, I am a terrible person since I hardly keep in touch with friends and family. Instead I am watching these dramas and hanging out on this site. LoL But like I was saying it could make sense that Brother Bum is so used to calling his stepmother Ajumah that it has become a habit for him and now he probably can’t call her anything else. But this doesn’t seem to be the case. He doesn’t seem to hold any kind of feelings of affection for her and is still rude so I have no excuse for him. Atleast in the drama Cinderella’s Stepsister the female lead did respect her stepdad but she simply didn’t have it in her to call him dad until after he passed away and that she was full of regrets. So for that reason one could root for her. But this isn’t the case for Brother Bum. He only thinks about himself which is going to cause everyone trouble down the line if he doesn’t mend his ways.

Problem is that I can’t see anyone willing to teach him what is correct at this point. Biker Bro is to young so he will never heed his advice. As for his sister she is just as selfish and we can probably see how they are related since both of them are master at emotionally blackmailing others. As we saw in the last episode when she asked her mother for money and when she was refused because the mother didn’t have any. She was like you wouldn’t be like this because I am not your biological daughter and you wouldn’t refuse Yewon (because she is her Biologicals Son’s wife [DiL]) Yewon is certainly nice that she doesn’t bother others with her financial problems and others. So it will certainly be nice when she finds someone else to lean against for help

On a side note did anyone notice just how fast Jihun came to Suji’s rescue. She calls him and he rushes over to her and arrives in the nick of time. What does he have in his car. He must really be impressed by the film Fast and The Furious. Since he even likes to drive like them (the night of Yewon’s husband’s accident) since he arrived in record time. I know that we have to take into Drama Time into consideration but it still doesn’t make sense unless he has super powers or superior driving skills. Think about it for a minute. She has enough time to call him. This is probably after she poured the drugged glass on the guy that tried drugging her (unless she called Jihun when she excused herself.) that would have probably bought her a few minutes at best though. Otherwise think about it would any guy allow her to make a phone call he would have beaten her up earlier. Then she starts whacking the guy with her bag. How long do you think she could maintain that? I would assume just as shortly as was shown perhaps a few seconds longer. A minute at best (assuming that she has that much stamina) then the tables turned and he came after her. Just at this moment Jihun arrives to her rescue. The only other explanation for his fast arrival could be that the place that she was drinking was near Chung Bong’s place.

Anyway that covers most of my points for the time beings. So till then take care all of you and keep posting. Looking forward to reading your posts.

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Yo she is crazy my most hated character so far to a large degree

it feels like this drama is filled with annoying characters that it is a competition! hahahahah :joy:... it seems like one of those dramas that you watch as a group and snark and that is the real entertainment value. have watched up to ep 4 and the only character I like is the reporter but he is set to die. the female lead annoys me with her dopey face and feel like giving her one whack on the head -- if you hate it, then move out; otherwise, suck it up. what is with those sad puppy dog faces like she is a 7 year old who didn't get ice cream? :sweatingbullets: the male lead seems to like running around even though he shouldn't. why does he always have a huge grin on his face as if he wants to win prize for most cheerful?... the list can go one.

so tell me chingus, does this drama get better? or is this one of those "lets poke fun at it" dramas?

2 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

To be honest even I was planning on taking a break from daily dramas and all but since @nohamahamoud2002 so nicely asked me to join this thread I simply didn’t have it in me to refuse their request. Fortunately, I am not as frustrated as some of the viewers here. Perhaps I have simply become to insensitive after watching so many dramas or perhaps I know that they aren’t real. There are certainly things that frustrate me a bit and I will get into them shortly.

thank  you for joining us :) 

I like the drama already, the main characters are worth watching, still behind because I was watching another drama. Anyway, I feel so sorry for Dong U who came to die after four episodes only. The guy was nice too and died prematurely :( 

The lawyer is very kind and nice, despite being an orphan, he never had a grudge against the world. He is optimistic, cheerful, ready to help, simply, he is my favourite guy here. I think these 120 episode dailies usually choose the best of actors in the kind guy role. That's why I like them. No need for a handsome villain here lol. Just kidding.

Spoiler

(I don't defend a villain for being handsome, it is his background and complex character that draws me, like Namjun, who wasn't handsome at all, but his past experience and his love for his mother made me analyze his character)

For Gwanjil, it was his kindness in the early period of his life, his being deceived by Siwool, his naive nature that made me stand up for him. He was too kind to hurt a fly, but then he changed drastically because of what others did to him, that's why I was defending him with all my might

Archived