[Drama 2019-2020] Never Twice / No Second Chance, 두번은 없다

0ly40

@celebrianna Ops, so sorry for spoiling the show for u. Hope i didn't reveal too much :vicx:

You are right about HJ and his dad. As for chairman Na, it's true he trusted HJ's dad a lot. But throughout the drama, i also get the feeling that he favours HJ's mom more than DH bcos InSook is somehow like him. He never once disapproved of her dishonest and corrupted ways, but only reprimanded her for not covering up her crimes properly :wacko:

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, hahanzyy said:

@celebrianna Ops, so sorry for spoiling the show for u. Hope i didn't reveal too much :vicx:

You are right about HJ and his dad. As for chairman Na, it's true he trusted HJ's dad a lot. But throughout the drama, i also get the feeling that he favours HJ's mom more than DH bcos InSook is somehow like him. He never once disapproved of her dishonest and corrupted ways, but only reprimanded her for not covering up her crimes properly :wacko:

Yes I agree, he's never once shown any remorse for his actions, that left the family in dire straights. In Sook is his mini-me. Man I really hope the all end up in jail.

@hahanzyy, I don’t mind getting spoiled at all. The only times I mind that is in a “who did it” mystery. So, no worries. I’ll watch the episodes today. The preview turned me off so that’s why I didn’t watch the episodes on Saturday like I’m used to. I just couldn’t stand watching thug mom and thug mom 2 getting away with their crimes.

Finally watched the episodes. The inn family is still the soul of this show. I’m so glad that Hae Jun is now part of it.

My biggest takeaway from this weekend’s episodes is that Woo Jae needs to stick to his guns and permanently breakup with Hae Ri. It’s very clear that she chose the position of president over him. Keep in mind that he wasn’t the one who brought up marriage. He simply agreed to Hae Ri’s repeated pressure to get married. And after all that she not only betrayed him to her mother, she abandoned him. Furthermore, she was relieved at the police station after her mother was released and acted like her mother suffered so much just by being brought to the police station. Woo Jae needs to sever ties with her permanently. I hope the writer doesn’t even try to make this couple work. Hae Ri is definitely not worth it in my opinion. 

The best part would be Geo Bok asking that someone else become president of the hotel. In that way Hae Ri loses any hope of the position. She is not qualified to hold the livelihoods of so many people in her hands. I don’t think that Hae Jun will go back to the hotel. It sounds like he is planning his own business initiative. 

@celebrianna Totally agree with you about WJ & HR. I'm really glad that WJ was awake and able to hear for himself when HJ explained to BH about HR choosing the president position over him. In the preview, we could hear HR telling WJ that she still loves him. That's so laughable when we compare her "love" for WJ to the way HJ love BH.

I really love Geo Bok & Mak Rye's interactions in the drama. The way Geo Bok desperately shouted after her in English "Time and Tide waits for no man!" is so cute :D

@tas82, i also really wish the 3 of them all end up in jail 

@hahanzyy, that’s right. Hae Jun courageously walked away from his cushy life and chose Bak Ha. That’s true love. Hae Ri always talks about love but Woo Jae is invariably the one who ends up hurt both physically and emotionally. He always put up with her mess. I hope the beating finally woke him up to reality. He better not try to excuse that girl by saying he understands that her dream finally came true. 

@tas82, should we even get our hope up that the three villains get punished? I’m trying not to hope. As long as Geo Bok take away their business, I’ll settle for that.

I only managed to finish the weekend's episodes yesterday.

I wonder if the writer was having a bad/sad day when she penned these episodes. I was looking to some cute HaeBak interactions (yes there were one or two), but this was mostly a depressing episode! :tears:

I share the sentiments of most of you here with regards to Geum Hee and her illness. This couple seems to be constantly tested! I just hope they both are able to manage the situation as best they can. @hahanzyy I also hope there is no noble idiocracy!!

I could have done with more Hae Jun and Bak Ha, especially since the move, but as you said @tas82 watching Hae Jun be daddy to Yeol Mu is just :wub::wub::wub: 

I did love that "proposal",  Hae Jun sure times these things well! He has a lot of smooth moves up his sleeve.

@celebrianna I wonder if Woo Jae will stick to his guns :huh:? I cringed everytime I saw Hae Ri. She went to see her mom at the police station but she did not have the decency to go and see Woo Jae at the hospital :angry: I do not understand what her concept of love is??!! On the other hand I do not understand Woo Jae getting upset with Room 5 for pressing charges? How did these two hook up in the first place? 

The USB was certainly one if the stars this weekend. I don't really understand why Hae Jun thinks that revealing what's on it will destroy his relationship with Bak Ha! She already knows his mom has something to do with her husband's death. I guess it is because of the guilt he will feel. I hope he tells her himself, and have Bak Ha find out some other way.  It was sad to see Hae Jun in so much pain when he confronted his mom. Is this woman so emotionally detached that she can't even see what she has done to her son??!!

I actually wanted laugh when Do Hee said she sent the thugs, to just scare Woo Jae. Really, you send thugs, and mind you this was the second time, even the first time they beat him up badly - you knew what you were doing.

I am sure all three or four of the family will get punished, but more than that I really want them to feel remorse. They act without ever thinking of what their actions are doing or have done to others. 

BTS of the scene when Hae Jun confronts his mother about the USB

"Daddy" - son moment

@lexicon, Woo Jae getting upset with Poong Ki for reporting the attack was the first sign that turned me off and led me to believe these villains will go unpunished. I mean, is his love for Hae Rae so great that he didn’t want Poong Ki to report the incident to the police? He’s so stupid at this point because his career is ruined and he still wants to protect Do Hee? 

As to Hae Jun feeling threatened by the revelation of his mother’s involvement, before it was suspicion but now it’s all confirmed. I believe Hae Jun tried to believe his mother but now all the allegations proved true including his mother framing Bak Ha’s husband and arranging for him to stowaway and leave the country which ultimately led to his death. In reality it’s a bit much for Bak Ha and Hae Jun to hookup knowing Korean society particularly because of the reverence that the children is supposed to have for the parent. That’s why I believe that Bak Ha will forgive thug mom and thug mom will walk away unpunished. Bak Ha might do this for Hae Jun’s sake. However, I hope I’m wrong and thug mom pay for her crimes. Bak Ha owes that much to the memory of her husband whose reputation was destroyed through the embezzlement scandal.

The preview make me feel even more that Bak Ha will mellow towards thug mom because thug mom is trying to make herself pitiful.

@celebrianna Looks like I was right to skip this week's episode lol:sweatingbullets:. I'm not liking what I'm seeing or hearing about it. I saw the preview and yes, BK is gonna forgive her because dear mommy plans to go away. The woman sure knows how to get her future daughter in law with her fake tears and pity me act:crazy:. As for HJ, I highly doubt he will ever forgive his mom. BK might forgive her but he won't forget.....

So WJ got upset because the accident was reported. You got to be kidding me:weary:

@lu09, yes he actually got upset with Poong Ki for reporting the attack. He’ll probably get even more upset with Poong Ki because a news reporter overheard Poong Ki reporting the crime at the police station and he approached Poong Ki for the scoop and I believe Poong Ki told him a lot. That’s most likely the news report that we see in the preview where the Chairman barked at Do Hee to go settle things with Woo Jae. That’s probably also why we hear in the preview that girl begging Woo Jae to do her a favor. She’s probably asking Woo Jae to pardon her mother. I’m sick of them and I hope Woo Jae doesn’t further ruin his life with that girl.

As to Hae Jun, I think if his mother pulls the pity card he will sympathize with her. However, since he’s said to be a stickler for the rules, like his father, he most likely will still want her to admit her crimes. I believe it’s Bak Ha who hold the card but I hope she will remember her husband. 

I’m at least glad that Mak Rye approves of Geo Bok bringing chairman to kneel at her feet. :lol: He told her that he has put his plan into motion and he will deliver on that promise. Mak Rye didn’t discourage him but agreed. So hopefully I can expect that much even if the kneeling isn’t literal.

Preview for next weekend.

Kocowa translation: 

Chairman: The NorthSky Group has asked for an extraordinary general meeting. They want to replace the president.

Hae Ri: What’s going to happen to my mom?

DoHee: Hae Ri, I miss you.

Eun Ji: What are we going to do about our wedding?

Chairman: The darn wedding is the last thing on my mind!

Eun Ji: The darn wedding? 

Chairman: Is it me or this gigolo?

Poong Ki: Answer his question. Is it me or this old man?

Mak Rye: Aren’t you going to say goodbye to Bak Ha? 

Hae Jun: I should go now.

Bak Ha: Is this really the end?

Scumbag Son: This is all because of you. If you hadn’t gone poking around...

Hae Jun: Bak Ha!

Bak Ha: Hae Jun!

@lu09, I watched the raw videos and thug mom tried to kill herself today. It happened just as the preview showed.  I think Bak Ha was haunted by the call that thug mom made and so she got Eun Ji to check on thug mom and sure enough thug mom must have tried to overdose herself and left a suicide note behind. I guess they rushed her to the hospital and that’s how she’s still alive. I was so annoyed especially because she was trying to take the easy way out while also doing a number on Hae Jun. She’s the epitome of a selfish woman. 

2 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@lu09, I watched the raw videos and thug mom tried to kill herself today. It happened just as the preview showed.  I think Bak Ha was haunted by the call that thug mom made and so she got Eun Ji to check on thug mom and sure enough thug mom must have tried to overdose herself and left a suicide note behind. I guess they rushed her to the hospital and that’s how she’s still alive. I was so annoyed especially because she was trying to take the easy way out while also doing a number on Hae Jun. She’s the epitome of a selfish woman. 

Thanks for the information. Ohhh, and here I was wondering why she had a change of mind:weary:. It amazes me how she had the courage to take her own life when all it takes is a simply apologize. Indeed, a selfish woman to the core<_<:crazy:.

Well, it looks like the rich family is finally experiencing troubles. It’s just too bad that their troubles include the pain of good people like Hae Jun, Bak Ha and Woo Jae.

Hae Jun broke up with Bak Ha. He told her everything and gave her the usb. He told her that he couldn’t stay by her side anymore since he found out what his mother did. Kudos to Bak Ha for standing up for her husband when thug mom apologized on her knees before her. I’m glad they showed her thinking about how thug mom treated her when she first showed up at the hotel pregnant and declaring that her husband would not embezzle money. It reminded us just how awful that woman behaved with Bak Ha.

Woo Jae settled (he did not take the dirty money) but he came home to meet Ms. Fake Love outside his door. I love how he told her not to use the word love obviously implying that he knows she doesn’t know what real love is. I’m glad it finally looks like he’s reached his limit. He told her not to appear in front of him ever again. 

On 2/23/2020 at 7:03 AM, celebrianna said:

Woo Jae settled (he did not take the dirty money) but he came home to meet Ms. Fake Love outside his door. I love how he told her not to use the word love obviously implying that he knows she doesn’t know what real love is. I’m glad it finally looks like he’s reached his limit. He told her not to appear in front of him ever again. 

@celebrianna at 0:34 of the video clip u posted above, the look on WJ's face makes me worry that he'll feel bad for HR, and that he may forgive her and agree to start all over again with her. Fingers cross it will not happen!

it's hard watching the video clips of this week's episodes :tears: ... all the interactions between HJ & BH gave off a sense of deep sadness with the impending separation :bawling: ... think i'll not watch the whole episodes until next week

@hahanzyy, yes, it looks like in the preview WJ will cave. Well, at least even if he goes back to her :( the baker and his wife got to tell their story to the reporters. 

Hae Jun is of course very saddened by the actions of all his family members. Being at the inn shows him first hand how the people there have suffered by the corruption in his family. 

Hi Chingus is next weekend the end?

I think my favourite scenes this week were of Mak Rye and Geo Bok. How sweet was that forehead kiss :wub: and all the initiation on marriage from Geo Bok!

In Sook trying to take her life - I really do not know what to think. Did she do it because she felt she was pushed into a corner, and knew she could not get away with her crimes, or did she actually feel some ounce of remorse? Even though I do not like Do Hee or In Sook, I would be lying if I said that I was not a bit touched by their hospital- bed exchange.

Baker couple atleast seem to have accepted their reality and are trying to stay positive. Though my heart broke watching Geum Hee  make videos for her to remember.

Room 5 and 6 - get hitched already! 

Woo Jae and Hae Ri - I felt Hae Ri's crying was sincere, however Woo Jae deserves better, much better! Though from the look of things I do think he will take her back.

Hae Jun and Bak Ha's interaction this week was bitter sweet. I loved the touchy-feely moments, these two are so comfortable with each other. I am glad he gave her the USB and that she finally knows the full truth about her husband's death and who exactly was involved. Hae Jun deciding to move out, I feel, is the right thing. Bak Ha's is in an emotional turmoil and even though he could provide and has always been providing the support and care she needs, seeing him will only cause more conflict. She loathes his mother, but loves him, but can't show it too openly because it would only hurt him. She needs time to collect herself, and by the looks of things the accident next week will make her realise how much he actually means to her.

Some baby-love

@lexicon, I was touched by Do Hee and In Sook’s exchange in the hospital. However, it was from the perspective that they’re both of the same level and are like frenemies. I can separate their exchange in the hospital from their rightful comeuppance for the deeds against others.

Regarding Hae Ri, I know she does realize that Woo Jae is a kind man and in her own way she love him but obviously she doesn’t love him enough to be courageous for him. I just feel that she wasn’t horrified enough by the physical and painful beating he has suffered.

Archived