[Drama 2020] Elegant Friends/Graceful Friends, 우아한 친구들

larus

30 minutes ago, larus said:

I am not surprised. I have this uneasiness after the last episode about Goong Chul, that he is one who holds the key to resolve the case. I even thought now of that scene of attempt suicide if it means something. I thought about the posibility of a dream. And we`ll be again at his suicide scene and see what decision he will do?

I think we already know what he did. The scene we see in which Goong Chul is on the roof with the murder evidences, just like in his dream, I think belongs to the same day when he took it from Jae Hoon's house. Chances are he is on Jae Hoon's building's roof in that scene. But yes we'll see him conflicted at the edge of the roof and maybe even remember about his dream. 

We got to see how they'll conclude things. 

By way, the dramabeans post you share on this thread, have you been writing it or you just share it here?

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Sleepy Owl said:

By way, the dramabeans post you share on this thread, have you been writing it or you just share it here?

No, I don`t write them. :D I just share it here. It is interesting to read the other point of view.

Ahn Goong Chul (Yoo Jun-sang) and his friends face the truth that has been hidden for many years.

74008_41497_3544.jpg

In the last broadcast, the whereabouts of the evidence hidden by Jeong Jae-hoon became apparent. As a result of CCTV analysis, it was revealed that the only people who visited his house for the last week were An Gung-cheol and Park Hae-suk (Hagam). However, An Gung-cheol had a perfect alibi, and Paik Hae-suk disappeared with the mysterious trunk, and the mystery became even deeper.

BTS

GoP3v0zUIzLk637347383986342536.jpg

http://enews.imbc.com/News/RetrieveNewsInfo/291851

@Sleepy Owl said:  @brooksmom, since graceful friends is ending, of course it will be top priority. But because its subs come very late, I'l hopefully be watching this along with Alice before watching graceful friends. Also yes, I do use Viu and Netflix, and some other websites where the dramas get uploaded pretty fast too. 

Yes, over here too; it gets subbed 24 or more hours later.  And since I don't want to see a spoiler on this thread, I probably won't come here till I see ep 16 & 17 subbed. That'll be Sunday night. (pacific standard time).  Alice gets subbed within a few hours of it airing. I don't know if Lie of Lie will effect this. I guess not, since Alice already has the same subbers in place. But I sometimes wonder if the subbers get pulled to do another top priority drama base on popularity. Missing is the same. It took a while for it get subbed. So, unless I don't mind seeing the drama raw, most dramas get pushed a day later for me due to time it takes for it to get subbed.

As per @larus post, I see that the lady in the nursing home is back in one of last two ep. Her part of the story will have a purpose in the end. Provide closure.

Pretty much of what I am going to say is a SPOILER.  I said I wasn't going to be back here till after Sunday night. I changed my mind.:)

A lot of spoilers here are my conclusion with a why of course.

1. Before Jae Hoon is knived, the person walking behind him calls out his name.  Although, they don't show the person, I recognized the voice. It's Joo Won. Kang Sans' old roommate and Jung Jaes' patient. I know, that was easy. But I wanted to make sure. It is his voice. Answer: Correct

2. The infamous bag Goong chul has been carrying around. Here the writer tries to trick us. In this ep, ep16, they show Goong chul filling the bag with his household knives, and silverware that he had left at Jae Hoon's place. He did go into the secret room but he would have had to over fill the bag.  So who has the trophy, cell phone, and red shoes?  Answer: Incorrect. It was Goong chul.

3. The detectives find out that Hae Sook is no longer among the living. They go to the crematorium to ask about Hae Sook. There they tell the detectives that they cremated Hae Sook along with her belongings. The detective ask what were the belongings that were incinerated. The guy tells him that it was a trophy, cell phone, and pair of red heels. So, definitely Hae Sook walked out of Jae Hoons' place with those items in her suitcase. But again, we'll see Goong chul holding a bag with those items on that rooftop. Can't be. And he didn't jump off since we see him again in the in ep 17 with two of his friends at some ones gravesite. Answer: Same as 2. But he is alive and well.

4. Professor Ku, the lady at the nursing home.  In a farewell letter to the guys, Hae Sook ask them to visit Professor Ku on her behalf to ask for forgiveness. Here, I'm not sure but I think she was the one who sent those photos.  Professor Kus' dream husband was Man sik. She calls him her husband.  Her real husband, the dead professor, she calls him a jerk. "I was going to kill him if somebody didn't do it first."  Answer: no need for comment.

5. What favor did Jung Jae ask her dad for 20 years ago. She asked to get a good lawyer for her good friend Hae Sook.  Answer: No need for comment at this time.

6. Jae Hoon is really depressed after Hae Sooks' death. I may be missing something here, but one moment, Goong chul is on his knees pleading Jae Hoon to forgive him  - that he saved his son twice - once when Jung Jae went into labor outside the hospital and once again when he found his son dying in the middle of the street. He immediately took him to the hospital. Now he tells him he doesn't want to see him again. Is it because of Hae Sook? Answer: Guess Goong chul was mad at him cause he confessed to the murder when it was him who murdered Kang san all along or finished the job.

That's it till tomorrow or much later today.  @Sleepy Owl  @larus @joccu  @Samuel Yohanes  @airgelaal  @chickfactor

1 hour ago, emmie said:

even till epi 16, I'm still confused who did what.  

Crazy but that is the intent of this writer.

From my previous post:  The detectives find out that Hae Sook is no longer among the living. They go to the crematorium to ask about Hae Sook. There they tell the detectives that they cremated Hae Sook along with her belongings. The detective ask what were the belongings that were incinerated. The guy tells him that it was a trophy, cell phone, and pair of red heels. So, definitely Hae Sook walked out of Jae Hoons' place with those items in her suitcase.

I've seen in other forums that they think Hae Sook didn't take those items out of Jae Hoons' place but that in fact it was Goong chul.  If that was the case, the man in the crematorium lied to the detective about incinerating them. So, was he paid to lie by a dying woman? In ep17 preview Goong Chul, Hyung Woo, and Choon Bok are visiting the late Man sik. Where is Hae Hoon. In the hospital, dead, laying low due to Goong Chul request?

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2020] Elegant Friends/Graceful Friends, 우아한 친구들

Hello guys I have been watching this drama ever since it started airing.. And although there are many things that bug me, this drama is strangely addicting. The cast is great but the story could have been a bit better..Anyways ,I quite enjoyed the journey till now and accepted what was offered.

@brooksmom I think the man in the crematorium didn't lie to the police officer..Maybe Hae Sook did give those stuffs to be cremated along with her but I guess they were not the original ones that was used during the murder..She tricked the officers.

I still have few unanswered questions..Like why did Jung Hae attempted suicide and why was it Gong Chul instead of Jae hoon who took her to the hospital in US.

Also, regarding Kang Kyeong Ja ..did she really sleep with that producer ?? I guess she didn't cause she was trying to explain Hyun Woo that it was not true but he didn't listen and stormed out of the room.. Kyeong Jaa is too smart to give in to such perverted requests. 

What happened to Man Sik's family?? Does she know about what her husband did back in University??

There are many doubts but hope that most part of it is answered in the last episode..

I honestly didn't like Hae Sook at all in the beginning and never pitied her for losing AGC..It always appeared to me that she snatched AGC from NJH in college and that Nam Jung Hae  was his actual first love . If we go back to the epilogue of I guess first or second epi, the first meeting of AGC and NJH in the university campus was shown where AGC was distributing pamphlets of his drama club.. Although Baek Hae Sook arrived at that scene but AGC's eyes were fixated on NJH and he seemed quite smitten by her..As for NJH I think it was the same case that is..she was also attracted to him from then on . Next ,that truth and dare game was shown and it was Baek Hae Sook who kissed AGC infront of everyone. Also ..in one of the epilogue, we saw Hae Sook proposing AGC near the stairs, asking him to date her. But AGC said he loved someone else and it would be better if they remain friends.Baek Hae Sook then said okay they can be friends and proceeded to kiss him. AGC simply stood there  without opposing .. Seriously I was so annoyed with him..Like he loved someone else but still allowed to be seduced by Baek Hae Sook ,i.e his crush's best friend.NJH arrived at that scene and was hiding behind the wall but I guess she didn't hear what AGC replied and only witnessed them making out. 

Seems like this indeed was the case  regarding AGC -NJH-BHS and my hunch was proven right.I want to see that conversation between NJH and Hae Sook where she confessed that AGC loved someone else..I do really hope to see more of their younger selves so that we know what actually happened between AGC and HS that he forgot his crush..Wish that every loose end gets tied. 

However I started liking Hae Sook towards the end because she reformed..She helped her friends even when she was ill..

But AGC's behaviour around Baek Hae Sook throughout the series  did bother me..I mean why he is so gullible infront of her. Even NJH had a past with JJH but she avoided him and never warmed upto him after she got married..But AGC still didn't do anything when BHS was openly flirting with him and this thing indeed bothered his wife.

PS: I honestly didn't want Jae Hoon to be the culprit cause I liked Choi Mo-ran and wanted her to reconcile with him..But now I don't know what to expect.

Guys I really don't like to say it, but it really looks like it Jung Hae and Goong Chul decided to go ahead with their divorce. I saw some clips of them reconciling and Goong Chul even confessing she being his first love, but then in one of the clips we see Eun Sil say to Jung Hae that she was really shocked to know about Jung Hae and Goong Chul's suicide. To this Jung Hae replies that divorce is really not a bad thing and she is okay with it.

Of course we'll have to see the actual episode to understand what happened. But even then, I cannot really understand why? They loved each other, had misunderstandings which got solved, even their son suffered mentally about the divorce. I thought in the end they would not, but looks like they decide to go ahead with it. 

Although once again, this is solely based on the clips I watched uploaded by JTBC. Will have to atleast watch the raw to get an idea whether it actually happens or not. But to me it looks likely to be happening. 

3 hours ago, brooksmom said:

@Sleepy Owl  @eLizza  @joccu  @emmie  @larus  @Fabbo  @Samuel Yohanes  @airgelaal  @chickfactor

I just saw the finale raw and I was 

Just watched the raws, won't comment apart from the fact that Jung Hae and Goong Chul did really divorce, dunno why while being all lovey dovey, maybe they are taking a break or whatever will be made clear with subs, but they did split up and I really don't understand why after clearing up everything. 

Please someone do tell me, was that Jung Hae who signed the papers in morgue or someone else? I am really confused. 

@Sleepy Owl yeah it was Jung Hae. 

this drama has come to it end. It was a long ride. I´m thanking everyone for comments. I didn´t comment that much but I have to say that this was a good drama. 

this drama left some questions inn the air but that life for you. :wub:

I didn't really enjoy the plot and the progress of this drama. I've been pushing fast forward button for the past two weeks. Until the end I'm still confuse. So, was it Jae Hoon who killed Gang San? Because based on the opening scene of eps 17: Gang San was still awake after Jae Hoon left, right..? And on the next scene, he suddenly was bleeding more and was unconciousness, then man in black dragged him into the bathroom? So, was it also Jae Hoon who came back to clean up the mess and get evidences?

And the next question is about Hae Sook. I can conclude that she prepared fake throphy/phone/shoes and got them burnt with her corpse. But how could Hae Sook knew about these three evidences?

Jae Hoon hid the evidences in his secret place. And Gongchul was the one who took them with him.

And why did Jung Hae do with Gang san corpse?

I'll be back for explanations. :D

just watch finale episode and i still confused who is the real killer ? AGC ? but if it is AGC why JJH have trophy and others n he's hidden room ? 

and why NJH take Jo Gang San body ? 

i'm really really confused - 20 years ago they protect man shik and this time protect who ? JJH ? AGC ? NJH ? please give me explanation 

I finished watching episode 17 and for me it was mostly a nice closure.

As for Jung Hae and Goong Chul, I think they had divorced before Yoo Bin's accident, because it was mutual and just needed their signatures on the papers. We see Goong Chul living in his new house, while Jung Hae being clumsy and naive while trying to cook for her son. We did see her taking a year break for that. So what looked to me was Jung Hae and Goong Chul in process of reconciling. Now why I am saying this is, because their talk in hospital really felt like they hinting to start over again. You see them all lovey dovey and then suddenly realize they have divorced, so to me it looks like they took their break and would be back together. Jung Hae realizing she was always the woman who Goong Chul loved was also good. She also realizing the guy she called her "Knight with Shining Armor" was also Goong Chul and her reaction showed it all. Sometimes you really have to share how you feel to you partner, makes things much easier, I guess. So of course this is just a speculation or maybe hopeful speculation, but they really got back together. 

I really liked how the writers went back and showed what actually happened in the hotel room between Kyung Ja and that perverted director/producer or whoever he was. Hyung Woo meeting his mom was also a nice piece of writing for me. 

Friends opened their restaurant (of course without Jae Hoon) and started working together. We see Goong Chul confessing to have hid/destroyed the evidence. Him telling him that he forgave him and wants him to live with guilt just like Man Sik did was actually a heavy punishment for Jae Hoon. 

Finally as we all had expected Kang San's lover stabbed Jae Hoon. Jung Hae confronts Jae Hoon, not knowing he was stabbed. Clears things for him and also blames herself for the things he did. But does make it clear that she would not love him even if she would know what he did for her (murdering Kang San). Throughout that scene I was like "Jung Hae dear, make it short, Jae Hoon is clearly showing you he is suffering, stop and let him go". Well Jae Hoon ends up in his home, Jung Hae seemingly follows the bloody trail and realizes it was Jae Hoon's. The scene ends with Jae Hoon seemingly dying. But we get to know that after the 3 year time shift they show, Goong Chul to have donated blood to him and saving him. 

For me Kyung Ja was the MVP of this drama. She accepted Ae Ra as her daughter so that she'd not even hate her if she broke up with her son. Had already met Hyung Woo's mother and tried to stop her from becoming a monk. Took it out on that perverted director and even took Hyung Woo to his mom so he could reconcile with her. But most importantly she made Hae Sook realize all she was doing would not bring peace to her, but making up would. 

Now I really didn't understand one thing. I think we can consider the final scene of Goong Chul discarding the evidence, it is either what he did back then or just a fake scene. I mean who would keep those evidence for three years if his main objective was to destroy it. But for me it was not good. 

As for the murder of Kang San, those who are wondering. It was Jae Hoon who came back in order to clean the murder scene. Kudos to those who had predicted it. He murdered Kang San in hot blood and left. Sometime later, he must have realized it and came back to clean up the scene. 

Secondly, is it really that easy for someone to steal the body from morgue? Jung Hae being not even related to that guy did it by herself, how did she do it and why? Did she do it so the case would not be reopened? Even if she used her family connections to do it, there would be no need for her to do it. I mean the show runners really just did to mess up our minds and nothing else. And I have to admit I really hate this thing. Maybe someone could explain it to me if the could figure out why and how did she do it.

@Sleepy Owl  "As for the murder of Kang San, those who are wondering. It was Jae Hoon who came back in order to clean the murder scene. Kudos to those who had predicted it. He murdered Kang San in hot blood and left. Sometime later, he must have realized it and came back to clean up the scene.

I have a  different theory:  Jae Hoon hit Kang san with the trophy; Goong Chul finished killing him off by dragging his body to the bathroom and banging his injured head several times against the porcelain sink. A third person  erased fingerprints, cleaned blood in living room and packed off evidence.

Clue:  Detective says in a ep5 around 10 min into the ep, after interrogating Goong chul; how can he kill him and erase finger prints all in 10 or so min.  

Clues are that they show one man wearing a black cap and another man wearing a "black hat" the kind you wear to go fishing.

Clue:  ep.13 at 1:06:29 They zero in on the man in the 'black hat" and at that point they magnify it by showing what we think is the same image times three. The one on the left has Goong Chuls' eyes without glasses, the one in the middle has Jae Hoons' eyes, and the one in the right has the movie directors' eyes. Your eyes then zero in on the one in the middle, Jae Hoon.

Ep.17 at 04:00 is shifted, the eyes on the right are Jae Hoons',  the middle eyes are Goong Chuls' without glasses, and  the movie directors' eyes are still on the right. I zeroed in on Goon chuls' eyes.

In ep17 at 01:45 Jae Hoon hits Kang san with the trophy, picks up Kang sans' extra phone and leaves.

A few seconds later,  at 2 min 20 sec, we see Kang san getting up. He is alive at this point. The camera catches it then scene fades out.

At 2 min 55 sec, "black hat" person enters.

Kang san is laying on floor with small pool of blood. Man turns Kang san on his back then drags him to the bathroom, finished him off by banging his injured head against the porcelain sink a few times. Puts him under the shower and starts the shower.  He leaves with the bag.

Ep. 13 at 1 hr 4 min 48 sec., we see him cleaning up, taking trophy, shoes and putting them in the black bag.

My conclusion is that 2 or 3 people were at the scene.  The two that murdered Kang san: Jae Hoon and Goong Chul, and the cleanup person, the movie director. Taking turns.

Archived