[Drama 2020] Elegant Friends/Graceful Friends, 우아한 친구들

larus

2 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

So many masked man in black. 

And I also suspect, that the one who killed and the one, who cleared the cleared the murder scene, could be 2 different people. And maybe we have one more person, who ordered. 

The 3 masked men they showed were Goong Chul, Jae Hoon and Hyung Woo. The showrunners wanted to show that either one of them is the actual murderer. But yes, there could be one more person involved.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The 3 masked men they showed were Goong Chul, Jae Hoon and Hyung Woo. The showrunners wanted to show that either one of them is the actual murderer. But yes, there could be one more person involved.

I don't mean that scene, I mean in general. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Also if Jae Hoon had already fixed cameras in Kang San's house, why did he film all those things? HE could have easily sent the clips of CCTV to Goong Chul in order to prove Jung Hae's innocence.

We all suspected Jae hoon and and it was alright. It made sense but now we have more questions than answers.

I also thought that Jae hoon  filming Jung Hae attack was odd. How he did not intervene when things got ugly? Let say that he is a very restrained/ cool headed guy and he would have come up if she was losing the struggle. Not convincing but whatever.  But my questions is (i already asked that) whyJae hoon  made a call phone to save Jung Hae when he heard that she has confessed? He met the laywer (his brother?) at Kyung ja`s restaurant. Why he did that if he had the video?

54 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I mean if the murder had happened in hot-blood (by anyone including Jae Hoon), he would be shocked by what he did and lose his mind for sometime. Could have also fled the scene, but here we see the murderer doing everything elaborately and also taking his time. 

I think Jae Hoon can be very cold and precise if he wants. He could be the one who arranged the crime scene but when was that? The man who aranged the crime scenes seemed very well prepared. Yes, he looked like he knew what he is doing. I thought that he was there to clean the scene but he was not the murderer. Or he was the one who killed Kang san but he went there prepared (so it was a premeditated crime).

Well, we`ll find all the pieces of the puzzle next week.

27 minutes ago, airgelaal said:

And I also suspect, that the one who killed and the one, who cleared the cleared the murder scene, could be 2 different people. And maybe we have one more person, who ordered. 

So you have think the same. And there is the murder weapon. For me, it tells me that the person who killed Kang San did not premeditate. It was like an act of fury/manslaughter or to self protect like Jung Hae did.

Jae Hoon explained that he did it because of a suddent rage (that makes sense) but it doesn`t make sense the other details.

The pieces of the puzzle don`t fit perfectly. Something is missing.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

33 minutes ago, larus said:

We all suspected Jae hoon and and it was alright. It made sense but now we have more questions than answers.

I also thought that Jae hoon  filming Jung Hae attack was odd. How he did not intervene when things got ugly? Let say that he is a very restrained/ cool headed guy and he would have come up if she was losing the struggle. Not convincing but whatever.  But my questions is (i already asked that) whyJae hoon  made a call phone to save Jung Hae when he heard that she has confessed? He met the laywer (his brother?) at Kyung ja`s restaurant. Why he did that if he had the video?

I think Jae Hoon can be very cold and precise if he wants. He could be the one who arranged the crime scene but when was that? The man who aranged the crime scenes seemed very well prepared. Yes, he looked like he knew what he is doing. I thought that he was there to clean the scene but he was not the murderer. Or he was the one who killed Kang san but he went there prepared (so it was a premeditated crime).

Well, we`ll find all the pieces of the puzzle next week.

As for Jae Hoon asking to meet the best lawyer from his brother, he didn't actually tell his brother anything I guess. But the moment Jung Hae confessed, he saw his plan messing up. His main motive could have been getting Goong Chul locked up, but when he saw Jung Hae pulling of a stunt like that to save her husband, he did it to prevent her from becoming the suspect. But that also proved that someone else is the murderer, and decided to have a lawyer ready just to be safe. I initially thought he wanted a lawyer to represent Jung Hae, but that didn't happen. 

Yeah I mean imagine if he killed him in a hot-blooded manner. Thought over and come to conclusion to clean up the scene. He must have had to go and buy things (if he did it himself), or call some one over (very less likely to me). He sure has got connections with gangsters, but i don't really think they are the type to do it. They looked to be more of a loan sharks to me. Now if we see that he went to buy things, the CCTV cameras of the building were broken, but not the surrounding ones, so he could be caught up in atleast one of them. Kang San was also scared that something could happen to him and thus sent the call recording to his male lover. I think Jae Hoon could have come with murder motive when he saw Jung Hae meeting Kang San in the hotel. If you remember that scene, he was actually shocked to see Jung Hae in the hotel and even called Goong Chul to check whether she was there to meet him or not. I think that was when he actually lost it. He did use that situation to benefit from it, but that thing completely looked like Kang San acting on his own. 

But if someone really did was murdered by someone else. Why did that guy send those stuff to Jae Hoon. And why did he keep it with himself? When he came back from being investigated, he immediately went and checked that bag he hid. Bringing some one else in the picture will complicate things further. Initially I did really think that since Kang San must have done the same sort of things with many, he could have had many enemies and could have been killed by someone else. But throughout the drama none of it was later confirmed. I am pretty much sure that Jae Hoon came to finish Kang San off, things happened he had to hide, but then he killed him off. 

I am also keeping the possibility of an accomplice. If Jae Hoon did really hit him in rage, I don't know who came and cleaned it up for him. Some things don't really match up when I think about someone else being also involved. Jung Hae didn't do it. Goong Chul also does not seem to have done that. What if Hyung Woo did it and Kyung Ja asked for a clean up? But Hyung Woo does not seem to be even regretting or scared given the type of person he is being shown. 

By the way in preview since the bag goes missing. Who do you think could have done that? Goong Chul who really does not want Jae Hoon to be killer (just because he did it for Jung Hae)? Or the actual killer? Also do you also think Yoo Bin's accident is not a normal one?

But to make things logical, at least one piece of puzzle seems to be missing. Hopefully next week we'll get answers.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But if someone really did was murdered by someone else. Why did that guy send those stuff to Jae Hoon. And why did he keep it with himself?

The bag with the shoes and murder weapon demonstrate that Jae Hoon was the one who arranged the scene.

It could be that things were like we already have seen. He took the video, left Kang San alive. Then he later comes back prepared to murder him but he was already dead and he has cleaned the scene. if it is like this scenario, someone else could have killed Kang san in a moment of furry, and could be anyone, even a woman. Maybe Kang san`s lover. But why Jae hoon confess? or maybe he is the guilty and we have to find out all the informations.

We have still many questions but we`ll find out the answers soon.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

7 minutes ago, larus said:

The bag with the shoes and murder weapon demonstrate that Jae Hoon was the one who arranged the scene.

It could be that things were like we already have seen. He took the video, left Kang San alive. Then he later comes back prepared to murder him but he was already dead and he has cleaned the scene. if it is like this scenario, someone else could have killed Kang san in a moment of furry, and could be anyone, even a woman. But why Jae hoon confess? or maybe he is the guilty and we have to find out all the informations.

We have still many questions but we`ll find out the answers soon.

This assumption could actually be right. Something else just popped in my mind. IS very less likely to have happened, but I just want to share it. But what you have said does make more sense. Given the murder time being 8-10 PM and Hyung Woo entering at 7:30 and Jung Hae a little while after that. It would give him enough time to confront him, leave and then come back to murder him.

What If someone else had the camera fixed and Jae Hoon as he gave statement actually left the house without killing/killed him rage and ran away. Days later, when he came to his house, found the bag in his home with everything in it. He hid that bag, but also installed cameras in his home to keep observing whether once again some one will break in or not. If this the case, then I really think that they need to do some really good writing and fit in. IF this is the case, then 17th episode could be the final one with final cliffhanger and mystery being addressed, But this is very less likely to happen. And he really could be the guilty. But even Hae Sook is being shown in CCTV footage in preview, so her involvement could also there (once again very less likely but could be). 

Jae Hoon confessing is purely due to his guilt. He wanted Goong Chul and Jung Hae to split up. But never wanted their kid to be hurt like that, Also Goong Chul begging and crying in front of him must have hurt him. He would never have imagined Goong Chul to break down that badly. Also Yu Jun Sang's acting in that scene was really good in my opinion. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

Days later, when he came to his house, found the bag in his home with everything in it.

It was a scene at the end of a recent episode (maybe ep 12) when Goong Chul came to Jae Hoon`s house and talked with his ex wife. Then he search the hidden room (he knew about that room and he knew that there is another secret niche. We didn`t see what he saw there.

I can`t forget about how similar are the both events. Goong chul running to the room, finds the person dead and soon after him arrived the friiends. Goong Chul found objects of other people there.

Many people came to the murder scene before or after the murder.  The friends hide something in the past (to protect themselves or another friend) but I don`t think they talked about it.  They did the same in the recent incident.

It will be too much if Gong chul will be the guilty one after all we saw.  But Jae hoon was right that Goong chul had the biggest motive to be the number one suspect because of his temperament and that he always runs to protect the people he loves even without carring for the consequences. But it is still very hard to believe that Goong Chul could be the one who killed Kang san after what I saw in the drama. But I don`t know what to believe because there were many fake scenes.  

I did not see the preview. Where I could find it?

I found it.

I see that Hae sook appear in a CCTV. Maybe we will find new informations of what she did after she returned. Maybe we`ll be surprised and she is involved in Kang san`s murder too. 

Who will stab Jae Hoon? Things are not becoming easier.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3

1 hour ago, larus said:

It was a scene at the end of a recent episode (maybe ep 12) when Goong Chul came to Jae Hoon`s house and talked with his ex wife. Then he search the hidden room (he knew about that room and he knew that there is another secret niche. We didn`t see what he saw there.

I can`t forget about how similar are the both events. Goong chul running to the room, finds the person dead and soon after him arrived the friiends. Goong Chul found objects of other people there.

Many people came to the murder scene before or after the murder.  The friends hide something in the past (to protect themselves or another friend) but I don`t think they talked about it.  They did the same in the recent incident.

It will be too much if Gong chul will be the guilty one after all we saw.  But Jae hoon was right that Goong chul had the biggest motive to be the number one suspect because of his temperament and that he always runs to protect the people he loves even without carring for the consequences. But it is still very hard to believe that Goong Chul could be the one who killed Kang san after what I saw in the drama. But I don`t know what to believe because there were many fake scenes.  

I see that Hae sook appear in a CCTV. Maybe we will find new informations of what she did after she returned. Maybe we`ll be surprised and she is involved in Kang san`s murder too. 

Who will stab Jae Hoon? Things are not becoming easier.

Yeah things are too similar to be ignored in both events. As I said before too, I still believe that one piece of puzzle might also be missing in the Prof's murder case, but they might go the easy way and do nothing now that everyone believes that Man Sik is the murderer. As for what Goong Chul saw, he seemed to have seen the bag only. He could have searched and seen what things are in it. That's why he was quite sure that Jae Hoon was the murderer. 

About friends hiding things are also you are right. We see Hyung Woo hiding the fact that he heard Goong Chul's ringtone because he thought Goong Chul could be the murderer. But I really think it was Jae Hoon who was in the closet. His story completely matches Hyung Woo's. The consistence in their statements proves it. 

I don't really think it was Goong Chul who murdered Kang San. He has got the motive, but his motive would result in murder of passion rather than a premeditated one. He just met Kang San, hit him to the pulp. Then went to Jae Hoon's house, what happened in between no one knows, but I don't think Goong Chul is that sharp to plan a complete murder and clean up of the scene. If they actually go and make the husband the murderer and Ex taking the blame, I'll lose it. Also had Goong Chul murderer and cleaned up the scene, he would not leave Jung Hae's necklace there. 

We'll need to see how Hae Sook fits in the picture. She being shown in the CCTV with a suitcase does seem suspicious to me. Once things get similar to the past case too. Hae Sook was involved in Prof's case. Did Kang San also swindle Hae Sook?

As for who stabbed Jae Hoon, I'll place my bet on Kang San's lover. Reason is he must felt it was unfair. He was caught by police, gave them the evidence that Jae Hoon had hired Kang San. Jae Hoon was caught, he even said that he went to his house but didn't murder him. Gets free due to having a good lawyer and maybe belonging to a good family (this is what the lover must have thought). So he decided since police does not take action, he'll take the revenge and stabbed him. I also think he is the guy who hit Yoo Bin intentionally.

4 hours ago, larus said:

It could be that things were like we already have seen. He took the video, left Kang San alive. Then he later comes back prepared to murder him but he was already dead and he has cleaned the scene. if it is like this scenario, someone else could have killed Kang san in a moment of furry, and could be anyone, even a woman. Maybe Kang san`s lover. But why Jae hoon confess? or maybe he is the guilty and we have to find out all the informations.

I thought about this theory of yours a lot. Initially I thought the same, but now that I think about it, it could be wrong. Imagine being Jae Hoon. You left Kang San alive, went back to murder him, he is already murdered. Someone did the deed for you. You'll not even have to involved now and clean up the scene for the murderer. If Jae Hoon is really not the murderer, I don't really understand how he has got possession of everything from Jung Hae's shoes to the murder weapon.

• Like 3

I am still watching this, and I have things to say about it but it's mostly negative ranting, so please pardon me. I'll put it in spoilers.

Spoiler

I was so excited about this show. The cast looked great. Lots of 2nd-tier actors who are doing such great work in a lot of dramas, maybe having a turn in the spotlight as one of the leads. Middle-aged characters with complex concerns proving that young idols are not the only interesting people in the world. Sleek-looking production. And great casting for the younger versions, too. Very promising, right?

So now it's Ep. 14 out of 16, and... this is not good.

I think it's because the hook of this show isn't working for me. The hook is that we have to believe that this group of friends is so interesting and they have some fabled bond. (It's in the title.) We have to feel some investment in these friendships in order for all this to have any emotional pull. Buuuut... I don't see why they are even friends.

It's like when Goong-Cheol "broke off" his friendship with Jae-Hoon with such a long speech in a trembling voice and Jae-Hoon bursts into tears afterwards. And that's supposed to be such a dramatic moment. But WHAT friendship did they even have? Jae-Hoon has done psychotic things to try and break up Goong-Cheol's marriage. That is called being a bad friend. And what do you do when someone is a bad friend? You don't need a big dramatic speech, just walk away and live your life. (Maybe get a restraining order, in this case.) Goodness gracious. :blink:

And ultimately, I'm supposed to care who Goong-Cheol loves, but I just don't. There's something very "try-hard" about his personality, but he's actually just kind of jerk with rage problems, so who knows why two women are even fighting over him. And neither of these women seem like great people, anyway.

The only thing that remains mildly compelling is Choon-Bok struggling with his illness - which incidentally has nothing to do with any of the main action.

So I guess the challenge of this show is - can you be entertained if you like NO ONE in the cast? Apparently no.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, chickfactor said:

I am still watching this, and I have things to say about it but it's mostly negative ranting, so please pardon me. I'll put it in spoilers.

Hide contents

I was so excited about this show. The cast looked great. Lots of 2nd-tier actors who are doing such great work in a lot of dramas, maybe having a turn in the spotlight as one of the leads. Middle-aged characters with complex concerns proving that young idols are not the only interesting people in the world. Sleek-looking production. And great casting for the younger versions, too. Very promising, right?

I think it's because the hook of this show isn't working for me. The hook is that we have to believe that this group of friends is so interesting and they have some fabled bond. (It's in the title.) We have to feel some investment in these friendships in order for all this to have any emotional pull. Buuuut... I don't see why they are even friends.

It's like when Goong-Cheol "broke off" his friendship with Jae-Hoon with such a long speech in a trembling voice and Jae-Hoon bursts into tears afterwards. And that's supposed to be such a dramatic moment. But WHAT friendship did they even have? Jae-Hoon has done psychotic things to try and break up Goong-Cheol's marriage. That is called being a bad friend. And what do you do when someone is a bad friend? You don't need a big dramatic speech, just walk away and live your life. (Maybe get a restraining order, in this case.) Goodness gracious. :blink:

And ultimately, I'm supposed to care who Goong-Cheol loves, but I just don't. There's something very "try-hard" about his personality, but he's actually just kind of jerk with rage problems, so who knows why two women are even fighting over him. And neither of these women seem like great people, anyway.

The only thing that remains mildly compelling is Choon-Bok struggling with his illness - which incidentally has nothing to do with any of the main action.

So I guess the challenge of this show is - can you be entertained if you like NO ONE in the cast? Apparently no.

You not liking the drama is absolutely fine. But for me this has been a fine drama till now. It has got mysteries and unexpected twists. The only thing that I have had problems with, are the fake scenes. I think they happening in the initial chapters was what somewhat took the story off-track a little (before coming back to the track).

I think there are 2 main reasons for its current ratings. First was that JTBC promoted it while saying its gonna be similar and comparable to "Sky Castle" and "World of the Married". Now I have not watched sky castle, but have watched WOTM. I liked WOTM, but for me this drama has got more to offer in terms of story, mysteries and characters being related. Second reason for its current ratings were the fake scenes. I think that's when public lost their interest in it. Believe it or not, this has been compared to WOTM since the start till now. So this drama's slow 1st episode and somewhat slow 2nd episode did some damage when compared with WOTM's fast paced episodes. Once again, I am not saying that these are the reasons why you didn't like it, I am telling you why this drama had current ratings (which are actually not bad for a cabled channel drama, but yeah when compared with Sky castle or WOTM, its less).

Now coming back to the points you pointed out. 

These guys have been friends for about 20 years (maybe a bit more than that). Spent their college time together, have been in contact with each other, have supported each other when needed. If they actually had to show development for all this, it would be impossible to fit the main story in 17 years. What I think this drama really wants to show is, no matter how close you are with someone, everyone has got some dark secrets that you might never know about. For me their friendship is quite understandable given that I have had some friends in college with whom I am still very close. One usually gets more close friends in college time than in school time. 

Goong Chul giving a long speech in order to break his friendship with Jae Hoon and him crying also explains a lot about their friendship. If you have watched drama properly, you must have noticed that Goong Chul was closest to Man Sik and after Man Sik he was closest to Jae Hoon. There have been many scenes in which Goong Chul has cared for Jae Hoon. We have seen Hyung Woo getting angry on his comments and everytime we see Goong Chul telling Jae Hoon that he knows that he cares for others but does not show it. I think this could be true. No one is completely evil. Jae Hoon is a complex guy. He does see Goong Chul as a guy who stole his fiancee, but he is also a friend for him. I don't really think Jae Hoon had been pretending the whole time about being his friend. Yes Jae Hoon was never a good friend, but we see him conflicted in the scene when Goong Chul puts bandage on his forehead while saying that he needs to take care of himself. He knew what he was doing was wrong, its just that his drive to do it was much stronger. This does not really make Jae Hoon less evil to me. He still a jerk and crazy guy.

As for Goong Chul he has been a try hard about his personality. He looks like the type of guy who wants people to lean on him and thus shows him strong, so we see him pretending a lot in this drama. But that's simply how he is. We saw in the 14th episode where the store owner told him that its okay to show that you are struggling too. Up until now Goong Chul had been trying to pretend everything was fine with him while not being okay. Yes he has got some sudden rage problem and really cares for his loved ones, but I still don't understand what is wrong with being like that. That definitely is not a good trait to have, but it is normal, I have seen many people having a personality like that. Also he might fake being an extremely good guy, he does not really fake loving his loved ones. Also one of the two woman fighting over him is his wife for 15 years. You might argue for Hae Sook (she was ex too), but Jung Hae has got all rights to fight over him with any woman. 

Also both women being not that great, it is actually the point of this drama. What i really think this drama wants to show is that no one is really that great as much as they seem to be. Everyone has done something in the past they want to hide. Have dark secrets which no one really knows about. 

As for Choon-Bok, for me it is really hard seeing him struggle throughout the drama. 

So for me this drama might actually become a very good drama (depends on the ending too). Reason for this is that this year, this is the second drama that me think my brains out trying put all pieces of puzzle provided and trying to figure out how things actually are. The mysteries are quite complex and compels you to think about them. This last happened to me in drama "365:Repeat the Year". I don't know whether you liked it or not, but I loved that drama. 

• Like 5

Graceful Friends: Episodes 13-14 Open Thread

by missvictrix

GF1314_1.jpg

Hurt and pain change people, and this week we see how that plays out in our characters’ lives. Whether its old pain that’s been nursed over the years, or a frightening new event, mindsets, motives, and life views are all radically altered as our friends face the truth.

EPISODES 13-14 WEECAP

GF1314_4N.jpg

Graceful Friends is nearing its close, so you’d think that after so much coming to light around Jae-hoon last week, that that would be our climax, and that the plot would react to it, and settle. Not so. Instead, the vortex is still ongoing, as if each reveal and bit of truth only feeds the storm around everyone even more.

Even so, there’s a significant shift this week in our drama. There is no more playing pretend, no more subterfuge, and one by one the secrets are told, and left to have their impact. The first of these shifts is during the conversation between Goong-chul and Jung-hae, where the truth is finally out. Goong-chul has confirmed that his best friend has been in love with his wife, and even more so, that they were engaged in the past. Understandably, this huge secret shakes their marriage because it shakes Goong-chul’s trust in his wife, and perhaps reveals how little she trusted him, as well.

more https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/graceful-friends-episodes-13-14-open-thread/

• Like 4

4 hours ago, chickfactor said:

Hide contents

Wait a minute 

Why gong chul is a jerk with rage problem?

Like seriously so far for me he got hurt the most will all the lies from jung hae and jaehyun.

And then all the problem like kang san

And then because of that he got kicked out of his job. 

He tried his best to help other and giving them chances ( remember the company worker who did loan and asking him to give him time and he give it and tried to fix it without hurting other store owner )

He care alot for his friends and his wife. 

If u call him a jerk then i dont even know what i am watching. 

Yes he got some temper but a jerk with temper? I dont agree at all.

Okay next up

Can you entertained if u like no one in the cast? 

Yes if u like the storyline but once again if u dont like the cast and dont like the storyline... why bother watching? 

For me watching drama is what i like and what makes me happy watching. I drop lots of drama if the story already didnt fit for me or i dont like the character. You actually need to be wise when watching drama so you dont waste your time. Just my 2 cents btw. 

Their friendship is there and its been 20 years.

Can you lie to other for being friend while hate each other? It is absolutely possible and happen in real life. 

Atleast they had their usual dinner for their birthday. they had trip together. The wives had talk with other too. They help each other. They had trip together. They had history together. I means if thats not friendship then what is it?

Now if u think their friendship is nonexistent because of jaehyun hate on gong chul that doesnt mean there is no friendship between 5 of them. 

People can be in 1 group of friends but hate each other. It is really possible. Let alone someone secretly hate one people in the group but still goes on with fake friendship. 

Also for the two flawed women in gong chul life it is really what make the story unique. If junghae is the innocent angel and hae sook is the flawed devil. Why bother watching this drama? Just watch makjang drama where the innocent FL always got hurt by other people. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Wiggle 1

3 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

This last happened to me in drama "365:Repeat the Year". I don't know whether you liked it or not, but I loved that drama. 

Yeah, that was a good one. The story did such a great job making you think you knew what was happening, and completely pull the rug out under you.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

32 minutes ago, Samuel Yohanes said:

Wait a minute 

Why gong chul is a jerk with rage problem?

Like seriously so far for me he got hurt the most will all the lies from jung hae and jaehyun.

And then all the problem like kang san

And then because of that he got kicked out of his job. 

He tried his best to help other and giving them chances ( remember the company worker who did loan and asking him to give him time and he give it and tried to fix it without hurting other store owner )

He care alot for his friends and his wife. 

If u call him a jerk then i dont even know what i am watching. 

Yes he got some temper but a jerk with temper? I dont agree at all.

Okay next up

Can you entertained if u like no one in the cast? 

Yes if u like the storyline but once again if u dont like the cast and dont like the storyline... why bother watching? 

Their friendship is there and its been 20 years.

Can you lie to other for being friend while hate each other? It is absolutely possible and happen in real life. 

Atleast they had their usual dinner for their birthday. they had trip together. The wives had talk with other too. They help each other. They had trip together. They had history together. I means if thats not friendship then what is it?

Now if u think their friendship is nonexistent because of jaehyun hate on gong chul that doesnt mean there is no friendship between 5 of them. 

People can be in 1 group of friends but hate each other. It is really possible. Let alone someone secretly hate one people in the group but still goes on with fake friendship. 

Also for the two flawed women in gong chul life it is really what make the story unique. If junghae is the innocent angel and hae sook is the flawed devil. Why bother watching this drama? Just watch makjang drama where the innocent FL always got hurt by other people. 

Yes you are right. I mean this is actually one of the few dramas, where they have portrayed the emotions very well. I actually liked the observations and examples you mentioned above.

As for Goong Chul, he was always the emotional type of person and somewhat hot-tempered. Considering that seeing him deal with the all the problems you have mentioned, he did a pretty good job maintaining his sanity. As I said before too, the story has shown that no one is completely good while no one is completely evil too. 

Jae Hoon has been the evil jerk throughout the drama, but he has also been shown suppressing his emotions which has made him a cold person. We see him actually feeling bad while looking at the suitcases his ex-wife had packed in order to leave. We see him crying after Goong Chul gives that speech and break their friendship. What I am just saying is that, they have really very well shown the emotions in each situation. Jae Hoon could have also chosen not to visit the hospital in order to avoid Goong Chul, but he did come. You actually see sadness on his face when Goong Chul breaks down in front of him.

We have not seen extra dramatic fights between Goong Chul and Jung Hae breaking things, yelling at each other crazily. The most we saw was Goong Chul beating Kang San to the pulp and smashing Jae Hoon a couple of times. 

I said that Goong Chul is a pretending guy, but being good is actually his nature too. He just tries to be sometimes act extra-good. 

Also among the 5 friends as you said not all of them that close with each other. You see Goong Chul was closer to Man Sik and Jae Hoon than the other two. While Hyung Woo and Choon Bok usually are being shown more closer to each other than others. But in general they all care for each other. 

@chickfactor when you said didn't like the cast I didn't really understand what you meant. Do you mean the actors and actresses? I actually chose to watch it because Song Yoon Ah was acting and the cast according to me is really good. They all among the best actors and actresses of their age. This is like an all star casting, because even the side characters have been cast as leads in dramas before. But still there have been dramas in which an actor or actress which i didn't really like acted as leads and I liked it because of the storyline.

If by cast you mean the characters of the drama and how they are being portrayed. If you don't like it, then I don't think you can enjoy the drama, because characters and their portrayal are what make a drama. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I thought about this theory of yours a lot. Initially I thought the same, but now that I think about it, it could be wrong. Imagine being Jae Hoon. You left Kang San alive, went back to murder him, he is already murdered. Someone did the deed for you. You'll not even have to involved now and clean up the scene for the murderer. If Jae Hoon is really not the murderer, I don't really understand how he has got possession of everything from Jung Hae's shoes to the murder weapon.

It is possible to be wrong. It was just a supposition. I think Jae Hoon could have cleaned the room because he wanted to erase Jung Jae`s evidence that she was connected with Kang San. He was connected with Kang San. He was there as well.

I looked again. The masked man cleaned the house but I don`t think he saw the necklace. Why he put the cameras is still in my mind. He put one camera in the bedroom (why?) and one in the living room where the body was. (Maybe he wanted to show someone how he rearenged the crime scene and  removed them after that), If Hae sook is involved with Kang San, it is possible that she was at the crime scene in that night, she could be the one who hit him with that bottle/cup. It will be convenient for the writer because she dies soon anyway but I don`t want her to be the murderer because she already suffered for false accusations 20 years ago. Another convenient suspect is Choon Bok because he doesn`t remember things.  Or  he is the only one who is not involved with all this charade? I wish the writer won`t use the convenient suspect.

But what if she indeed murder the prosesor in the past? If she came back and hit him with the bottle? And Man sik saw her but he did not say anything. I don`t think someone saw Man sik when he was fighting with the professor. Maybe everyone believed that. Jung Jae saw Man Sik runing from the office and assumed what he did it. Nobody called the police. They discover the body later just like now. Then Hae sook went to the stage and Goong Chul run to the professor `s office.

I even suspected that Goong Chul dropped the pen when he fight with the professor and he found it later and we believed that he was covering for Man Sik. We saw how Goong Chul borrowed the pen and maybe he did not give it back right away.

Definitely we`ll find out a crucial information next time. I  don`t know why I am thinking of Goong Chul lately.

I remember that he had suicidal thoughts in the beginning of the series. Why was that?

My thoughts are all over the place. This is what I feel now after so many revelations and posible scenes.

10 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

You not liking the drama is absolutely fine. But for me this has been a fine drama till now. It has got mysteries and unexpected twists. The only thing that I have had problems with, are the fake scenes. I think they happening in the initial chapters was what somewhat took the story off-track a little (before coming back to the track).

I had a problems initially with this drama. The fake scenes took me off and even found uninteresting the group of friends and their wives. But I warmth up to this drama and get used to the style of the writer.  

Now I wonder if those fake scenes are important to us to find the truth, if there is some meaning in them.

We`ll see.

5 hours ago, Sleepy Owl said:

when you said didn't like the cast I didn't really understand what you meant

I think she doesn`t like the characters. They are not without faults that`s for sure but people are complexed. I like that every character made some mistakes in their life. I don`t think I have a favorite. I like some characters more than others but I don`t love anyone. But for me, they are  interesting to watch .

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, larus said:

It is possible to be wrong. It was just a supposition. I think Jae Hoon could have cleaned the room because he wanted to erase Jung Jae`s evidence that she was connected with Kang San. He was connected with Kang San. He was there as well.

I looked again. The masked man cleaned the house but I don`t think he saw the necklace. Why he put the cameras is still in my mind. He put one camera in the bedroom (why?) and one in the living room where the body was. (Maybe he wanted to show someone how he rearenged the crime scene and  removed them after that), If Hae sook is involved with Kang San, it is possible that she was at the crime scene in that night, she could be the one who hit him with that bottle/cup. It will be convenient for the writer because she dies soon anyway but I don`t want her to be the murderer because she already suffered for false accusations 20 years ago. Another convenient suspect is Choon Bok because he doesn`t remember things.  Or  he is the only one who is not involved with all this charade? I wish the writer won`t use the convenient suspect.

But what if she indeed murder the prosesor in the past? If she came back and hit him with the bottle? And Man sik saw her but he did not say anything. I don`t think someone saw Man sik when he was fighting with the professor. Maybe everyone believed that. Jung Jae saw Man Sik runing from the office and assumed what he did it. Nobody called the police. They discover the body later just like now. Then Hae sook went to the stage and Goong Chul run to the professor `s office.

I even suspected that Goong Chul dropped the pen when he fight with the professor and he found it later and we believed that he was covering for Man Sik. We saw how Goong Chul borrowed the pen and maybe he did not give it back right away.

Definitely we`ll find out a crucial information next time. I  don`t know why I am thinking of Goong Chul lately.

I remember that he had suicidal thoughts in the beginning of the series. Why was that?

I think that the camera was set up on the day CCTV cameras were damaged. I believe that the murderer wanted to keep eyes on Kang San. Something could have also happened in between that he decided to murder him. The murderer missing the necklace really is making me uneasy. He didn't leave it by mistake. He even cleaned up the floor so thoroughly. But yeah could be a mistake too. Hae Sook seems to be connected but I don't think she killed him. Choon Bok seems least likely to have done it too. 

About Prof's murder case I don't think Hae Sook killed him. Her reaction while asking about the murderer was very genuine. She even visited Man Sik's charnel in the charnel house later. But yeah what if someone else killed the Prof, Man Sik entered the room, checked the Prof who was lying on the ground and saw he is dead. Assumed Hae Sook did it. Ran away initially which Jung Hae saw. Everyone thought Man Sik did it. Maybe he didn't. But his guilt towards the Prof's wife could prove otherwise. 

In Prof's case Goong Chul seems least likely too. We see him visiting Man Sik's charnel in his charnel house and keeping the pen there. After that he says "I am returning the pen to you now". The reason Goong Chul suspected Man Sik to be the murderer was also because of that pen being there. 

About Goong Chul, he was not having suicidal thoughts. He was dreaming that. He had same dream 3 times, and even told Jung Hae that he thinks something bad is going to happen to him. 3 times dreaming about it, could mean 3 big problems. In my opinion it would be 1. Kang blackmailing Jung Hae and his murder. 2. Problems between Jung Hae and Goong Chul. 3. Yoo Bin's murder. What do you think about it?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

I think that the camera was set up on the day CCTV cameras were damaged. I believe that the murderer wanted to keep eyes on Kang San. Something could have also happened in between that he decided to murder him.

Why you say that? I believed the man did that before he rearanged the crime scene. But, it is possible. I did not see the body of Kang San in the footage. I thought he is in the bathroom.

I am very confused right now about what I know about this drama. :w00t:

22 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

But his guilt towards the Prof's wife could prove otherwise. 

The guilt we saw could be was a subtle way of the writer to manipulate us. he still could have the guilt to not say the truth to the police and stayed silent. He chose to help a friend but that was not morally right.

23 minutes ago, Sleepy Owl said:

The reason Goong Chul suspected Man Sik to be the murderer was also because of that pen being there. 

Yes or probably no. It is possible to be the same, a red herring for us.

"I am returning the pen to you now" could have two meanings. One that he took the pen to cover Man Sik or he will return the pen after he borrowed it from him.

Yes or maybe no. It could have been the same red herring used by the writer.

• Like 3