[Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama]Jin Yong Wuxia Universe: The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2023)

a_tumiwa

spacer.png
Credit: Tencent

Details:

Chinese title: 金庸武侠世界
English title: Jin Yong Wuxia Universe

Genre: Wuxia

Director: Deng Ke, Wen De Guang, Cao Dun, Yang Lei

Executive Producer: Han Zhi Jie, Wang Juan, Fang Fang

Producer: Liu Ming Li, Zhang Ying Ying
Screenwriter:Luo Yi Wei, Cheng Ting Yu, Wu Yao, Li Hai Shu, Huang Yan Wei, Jia Dong Yan
Episodes: 60

Broadcast Date: 2024

Network: Tencent

Production Company: Tencent Penguin Pictures, Youhug Media

Adapted from the novel "The Legend of the Condor Heroes" by Jin Yong (金庸)

Cast:

Zhou Yi Wei as Huang Yaoshi
Gao Wei Guang as Ouyang Feng
Chen Du Ling as Feng Heng
Meng Zi Yi as Mei Chaofeng
Liu Zhi Yang as Wang Chongyang
Wang Jin Song as Feng Youlan
Luo Qiu Yun as Dan Min

Peter Ho as Duan Zhixing
Ming Dao as Hong Qigong
Hani Kezi as Yi Huo
Guo Jun as Hong Mu

Yu Xiao Wei as Wang Chongyang
Pei Jia Xin as Jia Lan
You Jing Ru as Ying Gu
Wang Jiu Sheng as Ma Yu
Tan Li Min as Sun Bu'er

Ren You Lun as Chen Xuanfeng
Ye Zu Xin as Lu Chengfeng
Dai Xiang Yu as Qu Lingfeng
Xie Hong Xin as Wu Mianfeng
Xu Zhe (徐哲) as Ke Bixie

Ci Sha as Guo Jing
Bao Shang En as Huang Rong
Wang Hong Yi as Yang Kang

Huang Yi as Mu Nianci
Zhao Zheng as Wanyan Hong Lie
Zhang Zhi Hao as Ouyang Ke
Wang Bo Qing as Ling Zhi Shang Ren
Tian Lei as Zhou Botong
Yan Jie as Guo Xiaotian
Wang Li as Tie Muzhen
Zhao Jian as Qiu Qianren / Qiu Qianzhang
Liu De Xi as Sha Gu
Zhao Zi Qi as Bao Xiruo
Yan An as Qu Lingfeng
Ma Li Ya (马丽亚) as Princess Hua Zheng
Guo Jin Ye as Tuo Lei An Da
Gao Shuang as Master Zhe Bie
Fan Jing Yi as Cheng Yaojia
Wang Lu as Lu Youjiao
Wu Wen Jing as Elder Peng
Hou Chuan Gao as Elder Jian
Tian Zhong as Elder Liang
Wang Yi Sheng as Li Sheng
Zhang Jun Ming as Yu Zhaoxing
Ji Chen Mu as Yang Tiexin
Wang Yu Zheng as Lu Guanying
Ge Si as Ke Zhen'e
Gao Zi Feng as Zhu Cong
Li Bo (李波) as Han Baoju
Bai Hai Long as Nan Xiren
Ning Xiao Hua as Zhang A'sheng
Gao Feng as Quan Jinfa
Sha Xuan as Han Xiaoying
Chen Zhi Hui as Peng Lianhu
Qu Ge as Hou Tonghai
Chen Jian as Liang Ziweng
Sun Bin as Duan Tiande
Song Xin Jie as Li Ping
Li Jin Rong as Qiu Chuji
Zheng Hao Yuan as Wang Chuyi

Synopsis:

Jin Yong Wuxia Universe is a collection of Jin Yong works adapted into drama by Tencent, with the Legend of the Condor Heroes will be the first title. Jin Yong Wuxia Universe: The Legend of the Condor Heroes series is divided into five short parts:

1. Dong Xie Xi Du (东邪西毒) = East Evil, West Poison (8 episodes)
  2. Tie Xie Dan Xin (铁血丹心) = Hot Blooded  (30 episodes)
  3. Nan Di Bei Qi (南帝北丐)  = Southern Emperor, Northern Beggar (8 episodes)
  4. Jiu Yin Zhen Jing (九阴真经) = 9-Yin Scripture (8 episodes)
  5. Hua Shan Lun Jian (华山论剑) = Huashan Sword Turnament (6 episodes)

Credit: Wuxia Indonesia | MyDramaList 

Preview & BTS:

OSTs:

Additional Images:

spacer.png

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam. Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.  PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome 1

• a_tumiwa changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama 2023]Jin Yong Wuxia Universe: The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2023)
  • SC2019 changed the title to [Upcoming Mainland Chinese Drama]Jin Yong Wuxia Universe: The Legend of the Condor Heroes (2023)

Well, the ONLY Chinese TV series I am willing to watch are good Wuxia ,or outstanding acting ones (this don't have to be Wuxia). Some of the Li Qin acted ones, for examples. She is such a good actress, and GORGEOUS. :love:

I really don't watch Chinese shows for a love story only. That ain't my style. Especially dislike it if characters of these mostly love stories acts dumb.

Jin Yong's stories are as rich as you can get, plus really good Wuxia!

So yeah, I prefer this stuff ANY DAY!

While I truly think they do too many re-hashes of Jin Yong, I do wish China make more original shows that's very much like Jin Yong works, but so far very disappointed in China's progress of this is taking a galactic  step back mostly disappearing these days. NO one is that good of writer in China nowadays. And shows are made with half-assed fighting, 2 seconds actual fights and filled the rest with special effects (In the old days Kung Fu, Wuxia fights are gritty, long and spectacular hands blow hands, legs hitting legs for minutes and minutes, jumps and flips like they are superheroes)  :( 

Now days, Americans and all these Bollywood movies  are doing this more, but Chinese isn't as much. Very appalling! 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2023 at 9:02 PM, ElleSor said:

Wow!

This franchise hasn't gotten old yet.

It still has so many followers and fans.

yes, Jin Yong is a legend. His works are timeless, act like Batman or Superman in US or Son Goku or dragon ball in Japan. 

Actually the second title for Jin Yong Wuxia Universe, which is Return of the Condor Heroes, just announced yesterday, but i wont make a new thread before the cast is announced. This make the count for the upcoming ROCH to 4 (2 movies, 2 dramas).

@Don Yu have u watched The Blood of Youth? it is the best wuxia drama so far in 2023.

No, never watched that much of that show, maybe I will give it another chance if it's actually really that good, but the guy in red/black cloth is silly/idiot I can't watch anymore.

Which episode he stops being an idiot?

• 2 months later...

Wow! I can’t believe trailer is released so fast. So many actors in this production that I don’t recognize anyone, haha. I thought I was seeing young Huang Yaoshi story or something and then whoops, there’s Huang Rong at the Beggar Sect meeting and Mu Nianci at her introduction, so I guess it’s everything. Do we have character bios and photos? That would be awesome!

4 hours ago, kimmortal said:

Wow! I can’t believe trailer is released so fast. So many actors in this production that I don’t recognize anyone, haha. I thought I was seeing young Huang Yaoshi story or something and then whoops, there’s Huang Rong at the Beggar Sect meeting and Mu Nianci at her introduction, so I guess it’s everything. Do we have character bios and photos? That would be awesome!

spacer.png

• 7 months later...

The problem isn't that Jin Yong franchise has gotten old (it is TIMELESS), nor do I only want to watch Jin Yong franchise nonstop. I would rather watch new and original  stuff!

No, the problem is that Chinese don't have writers anymore that's good as Jin Yong. And, also the problem that China lately is NOT trying hard to make good  Wuxia anymore other than Jin Yong stuff.   The problem is that most of what comes out in China nowadays aren't anything close to these Wuxia series! :( 

The reason that Jin Yong's works has been rehashed like 100x times is because his work is SUPER QUALITY Wuxia Storytelling with both the plot and the Action wonderful to watch!

Problem is that China can't figure out how to create NEW materials that's as good as Jin Yong stuff, anything that tried to came up fails in comparison by a lot! Mediocre Wuxia plot, with terrible fighting choreography! 

All these love-centered plot with some fights aren't considered true Wuxia, but I have seen many of these labeled as Wuxia. Nah!!!! Only one cool fight scene in 10 episodes is laughable calling it Wuxia series.

China is joking themselves with a lot of these fake-Wuxia series that pretends to be Wuxia.

Jin Yong based shows are to me, the true Wuxia. A fight scene is in almost each episode, accompanied by interesting plot!

So, until there are new writers in China that has the Jin Yong talents, I am afraid that Jin Yong franchise CAN'T be let go, because Wuxia has to thrive!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, kimmortal said:

But it’s airing where? I don’t understand Mandarin Chinese. Do you think it will have English subtitles right away like some of the dramas that get released online?

On Youtube https://www.youtube.com/@youhug

Not sure how many FREE episodes are for people that don't spend to watch.

Elsewhere, you probably will have some people sharing videos they recorded, which is where a lot of them are seen for me.

It will be 60 Episodes!

On 2/23/2024 at 10:49 PM, kimmortal said:

But it’s airing where? I don’t understand Mandarin Chinese. Do you think it will have English subtitles right away like some of the dramas that get released online?

Tencent WeTV is the official broadcaster, the official release date is not out yet by tencent, so just wait and see. There will always be an english subtitles for big title/drama or at least B-rated. Tencent WeTV usually has around 7-11 languages available in subtitles for A-rated drama.

btw, i think the first part will be "East Evil, West Poison", consists of 8 episodes , which tells the story of Huang Yaoshi and Ouyang Feng. This part is purely spin-off and not even mentioned in novel.

the next 3 parts are mentioned a few paragraphs in novel but also considered a spin-off.

The last part of course about Guo Jing and Huang Rong, the main story. 

and if my predictioin is right, i feel that the second season of Jin Yong wuxia Universe would be Return of the Condor Heroes.

On 2/24/2024 at 9:33 PM, a_tumiwa said:

Tencent WeTV is the official broadcaster, the official release date is not out yet by tencent, so just wait and see. There will always be an english subtitles for big title/drama or at least B-rated. Tencent WeTV usually has around 7-11 languages available in subtitles for A-rated drama.

btw, i think the first part will be "East Evil, West Poison", consists of 8 episodes , which tells the story of Huang Yaoshi and Ouyang Feng. This part is purely spin-off and not even mentioned in novel.

the next 3 parts are mentioned a few paragraphs in novel but also considered a spin-off.

The last part of course about Guo Jing and Huang Rong, the main story. 

and if my predictioin is right, i feel that the second season of Jin Yong wuxia Universe would be Return of the Condor Heroes.

Yeah looks like it's not this month now. Last day is today

Anyone heard air date rumors?