[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

17 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Wasn't 2 of them jailed. If I remember correctly, 2 resigned, 1 transferred and 2 were jailed for taking bribe. And Shi mok was going to meet one of them in Anyang. 

Aaah.. you're right. I have to watch Ep 3 again later! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nona88 said:

Love her team they think of her as family the captain  so worried  about her and all he wish that when everything ended  she can come home safe, he know she walking on edge  there  and maybe will fall 

He really understand  that she maybe will have to pay  the price  of this fight and he only send someone to protect  her and make sure she come back safe ( like his fatherly feeling  toward  them) 

I noticed this paternal show of affection too.  Yes, Captain has become protective of his crew.  He encouraged Jang Gun to take advantage of the opportunity to make a positive change personally and for the police force while recognizing that it will also help support Yeo Jin in the council.  I was touched at how he made Jang Gun promised to take care of both, sensing the danger she will face.  Yeo Jin shared the same sentiments as she quietly tells herself to return to the station.  I have a feeling Yeo Jin will rejoin her old group at the end of this season.

5 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Also, after she read the letter, she left it with Shi Mok. She has kept quiet about it for 2 years so in my opinion, I do not think she would reveal her late husband's letter to clear her name, but who knows why she would want to meet with Shi Mok.

Okayyyyyy. Here’s my 2 cents, early I know. This is how I feel the drama is linking Hanjo turfwar with police reform:

LYJ must back ShiMok.  She has no choice, just like CP Kang must back Lee Chang Joon’s legacy.  Like @penelop3 said, it’s about legitimacy.  LYJ must prove that she did not collude with either ShiMok or her late hsb to take over control of Hanjo.  So she will support the prosecution side of the council to fight LSJ.

LSJ on the other hand most likely will support the police side of the council because his winning hand lies in exposing prosecution corruption.  He will back the NPA side and protect Choi Bit.  Yeojin and Jang Gun were recruited because of their past connection to ShiMok. I’m guessing they will meet LSJ later on.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3

About the " alcohol intolerance" that LSH said in team dinner meal. It's a ref to Park Gwang Su, the dead prosecutor at blue file case. SDJ said his body can not break down alcohol, can't tolerate any alcohol. This case seems to connect both WTH and CB, should be one of the main case later for this season.

As a fan of S1, i can say that i'm currently loving this season too without any bias. What i loved about S1 is how they can make political drama connected to me in emotional level which make me interested in the genre that i'm not usually watch (LCJ is still my favourite K-drama antagonist ever). I always views SF as a political and legal serie more than thriller and investigate one so I have no problem with S2 became even more political and heavy.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

15 hours ago, nona88 said:

There something  I didn't understand  maybe it  will has meaning in the future  when SM was in dinner with his boss and the other prosecutor  and the other guy was asking him why he dont drink  

There was a moment  of silence  and his boss change face 

I didn't  understand  it 

I mean I understand  the whole  conversation  but still dont understand  what happen why that moment happen 

Can anyone  explain  to me later?   I dont think the sub will help me understand  that scene too something  was off  there 

Not sure if someone has explained it to you. Remember another case Dongjae brought in, about a prosecutor had a heart attached who died with a small amount of alcohol. It’s suspicious because his body couldn’t process alcohol so he would never drink. It’s likely linked to that case and definitely wouldn’t see the end of it, Look like Woo Taeha has some special connection to that prosecutor but pretending not to know him when talking to with Dong-jae. 
There were some scenes giving hints that it would be an important case

Woo Tae-ha was silence at the meeting after meeting with DJ and become emotional during that restaurant scene 

When Dong-jae put the folder in the draw, they particularly focused on it. 

It seems not many things happening put they packed in lots of information and slowly revealing. 
It is typical of this writer, no Useless scenes, all are sown would be relevant. We just don’t know it yet. And it’s the fun part of watching Stranger. 

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, farawayland said:

Look like Woo Taeha has some special connection to that prosecutor but pretending not to know him when talking to with Dong-jae

Looks like Woo Tae Ha was saving himself rather than Choi Bit

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pompyavi said:

Looks like Woo Tae Ha was saving himself rather than Choi Bit

It makes more sense now when we think about it. This drama drops hint, make us question then slowly answer but at the same time presents us with even more question. 
I personally don’t find its slow. It’s packed with details. Every scene tells us more either the character or the cases. 

• Like 4

I love this show. I am so happy that I will see Shi Mok and Yeo Jin again. I will want a season 3 after this. :D

I laughed more watching this episode than watching a rom com. Shi Mok is so cool!

Dong Jae comparing Shi Mok with Sergeant Song and he genuinly did not get a hint. :lol:

DJ: Doesn`t this Sergeant Song rimind you of someone?

SM: Who?

DJ: (after a long pause): Never mind.

Me: YOU!

DJ: I would not want that happeneven for you.

The second time Shi Mok made me laugh was at the prosecutor dinner.  I thought I will see Shi Mok eating but no... He did not eat or drink and the others were so puzzled by that. Kim Sa Hyun telling Shi Mok that he should be happy that his boss is treating him with good food. Nope. Not Shi Mok. He doesn`t care about such things. He left early the dinner and the face his senior colleagues and boss made was priceless. :w00t:

I loved the scene with Yeo Jin bring food to his old colleagues and wanted to convince Jang Gun to join her in the police team at negotiations with the prosecutors. It was such a nice scene where the Chief Choi Yoon Soo noticed how lonely must be Yeo Jin and told Jang Gun to take her back with him after everything will be over.

This conflict between the police and procecutors is quite sad. Instead of working together for the same purpose they are trying to overcome the other, it is all politics and who has the power and cover up themselves/ their incompetence or corruption. I want the Police to gain independent investigative right but not for their higher ups but for the police officers from the field, the honest ones who should be protected more. I loved how Jang Gun said to Choi Bit and her boss what the police officers want for this reform. Thye want less coruption in their own organization as well.

Yeo Jin and Jang Gun from the police side and Shi Mok from prosecutor`s side are who I care about.

Woo Tae-Ha wants Shi Mok to investigate the case because if Sergeant Song`s colleagues killed him will be a blow for the police in this negotiations? Disgusting.  How about justice for an innocent and brave man? It is good that Shi Mok will investigate. No matter the dificulties he will go to the bottom of this case. He will never give up. And he cares about justice.

Just like Shi Mok , Sergeant Song is a hero. He was tranferred because he had the courage to speak up when a chief abused of power and now that he stand up his corruption of his colleagues he was silenced to death. I believed they beaten him and he died and then came up with a plan of his suicide. He was already dead when they did the disgusting performance of trying to save him.

Just one cop, maybe Kim su Han who is in jail right now, showed a little of his conscience and did not perform the fake shock or grieve. I want this Baek Jung-Gi down so bad! And the higher ups who protects him.

Oh Joo-Sun is very smart and manipulative. He took the conversation with Kang Won Cheol very well. I see how Lee Yeon jae wants people like him working for Hanjo.

We saw Yeo Jin drawing in her notebook! YAY! I want to see more of her. I love how she teams up with Jang Gun and I want her to team up with shi mok as well. I don`t know why I am worried about Jung Gun in this season. i hope nothing bad will happen to him.

I can`t wait for the next episode.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I don't think there is a big difference.

Korean National Police (Agency) is the big organization under which all police services are combined/provided. However Korean National Police also offers special forces (like SWAT teams etc.) to take care of organized crimes while local police will take care of local crimes only. They might work with the KNP if their crimes are connected to organized crimes though. That's how I understand it. :)

Let me add  

Korean  national  police  is like the boss of police  the big different  between them come 

1 .the  background, the national  only have the best and educational  people  If they from police  academy  or others  big major  , they people  who dont really work in field  work and more about planning, leading   and researching

2. The work specially: the national  police  deal more Public Security, Intelligence and, spokesperson’s Office, Planning and Coordination Office, Police Administration and Human Resources Office, Audit and Inspection Office, ICT and Equipment Policy Office, Scientific Investigation Office  ...

so basically  if we where to talk about it from the this drama view the national  police  is like more political  power of the police and they care about politics and general benefits more then other things thing and if I get the writer  right the national  police  here is only people  who exactly  like the prosecutor  organization they all about pride , education, schools , connected and power 

the question  here wha our dear detective  said  something in the meeting is that really different to switched  the power from prosecutors to the national  police ??  Or it should really just give the really police  officers  the power to make investigation  ?? 

it hard questions  since no one is unsinful I am sure no matter where the power end  sadly there will people  who will use it wrong and make injustice  to public 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

Ep 4 

Spoiler

Okay my stream didnt work well at first so I hope I didnt miss something  

I have to say I have mixed feeling between how interesting  to see SM argue   YJ and in the same time I dont like them to be in different  sides 

Okay let be honest seeing them talking always  will be exiting  no matter  what so we really need more scenes of them  

Back to the episode  

The meeting 

SM as usual using logic talking and clam  behavior 

Okay I guess we need to get used to the new prosecutor in the team and his  personality will not change from the dinner  meeting ( I start to like him even when he annoyed  me a little) 

I like how caring SM still showing in his eyes for YJ, his eyes talking how much he care and search  for her reaction  

Okay I forget to say that I really like this two even when things subbosed  to be bad between  them they just dont care :love:

• Like 4

Okay let see the argue here 

Spoiler

The prosecutor  side think it right to keep the power to themselves since it happen cause a good reason of the police using their right  wrong many years ago against the public  and for political  agenda  

The police side it was a long time ago and that law of giving the power to prosecutor  was emergency  law under the the emergency law acting back then 

Emergency  law supposed to be for a short time for special  situations but they use this law to have power for more the  50 years ( okay o hope I get that right) 

The prosecutors side   saying the even evil law is law and argue  why change that if it work well for all this time and why being many hospital who give the same treatment ( that SM  talk)

The police  specially  Yj argue  that different  hospital give different  treatment  and that  the prosecutors dont want to admit using the wrong or evil law of bad time for their benefits  

And sure there the argue that the prosecutors  also not the good people  and sure about the police  didn't  changed  

Me children  fighting  for a game in kindergarten I know it important issue  but i am not liking  both side they fight for power not for  case as they claim ( sure Sm and Yj is different) 

After the meeting 

Spoiler

Okay the police  team go for meal I think they eating spicy  food to let out their anger 

Did to say they really looked like children  specially  the elevator  scenes are you kidding  me you supposed  to fight who should have the right to protect  the public  justice  and you really just need someone to make sure it behaves :joy:

Chief Choi get a phone call she know that someone  trying  to dig the old case and she ask YJ  to investigate  it

SM get a phone call from SD asking to meet 

SM meeting LYJ

Spoiler

She asking him to help her with her fight claiming  he also targeted  her they saying he indirect  killer 

He refused  to be part of this fight she ask if he had not even a little  debt  to her late husband  

And I really like SM  answer 

He aske her the same question   :thumbsup: our sharp SM  missing  your sharp reaction  and words 

Really didn't you have any regrets  or debts  to that man  I wanted to ask her that too 

Okay important  note can this two really stop treating  our SM  as their little maid I am getting annoyed  from them 

And they think they can judge  his life  

I think this need YJ  to witness  these to fix them right :joy: really  they going to be hated soon for  not treatment  our great prosecutor  with the respect  we have for him 

• Like 3

Okay I am going to talk about Yj and SM  later  I am not going to spoiler  them 

And I need to watch again even if it raw before that 

But as usual I like them but YJ  really having a hard time 

P.s. I just have to write  I know they will still partner  no matter what but I was worry for a little  but why I should worry  even for a little  with Yj character   I just love how she dont care when she around her old friends 

I cant believe  she was that cheerful  with SM  before  the meeting  start I was feeling chief Choi  reaction  but I was more like why I even worried  before  

• Like 3

Again this episode blasted us with information. My thoughts:

1. Hanjo, Choi Bit and Woo Tae Ha, all three of them are somehow connected to Park Gwang Su case.

2. The police sergeant was not in any depression in my opinion. He was killed. But the question is who is behind that cover up? Because prosecution wouldn't let that slide. So prosecution covered that on someone's direction. 

3. Lee Yeon Beom, is he on death bed? Seems like Lee Sung Jae is drugging his father

• Like 7
  • Wiggle 1

what an episode. honestly, the council scene was masterful. it was so worth the wait. i wondered what the writer will do with lyj and how she will connect with the rest of characters. so far, it's def seems fun. however, i constantly feel so bad for her :( she lost her husband and she also lost all of the contact with her father and brother. they're awful people but still, they're her family. the death of prosecutor was mentioned again and it involves hanjo. i literally have no clue what in the world happened, the reveal is going to be crazy. yoon seah really rocks the role, her eyes shows what lyj goes through. the car scene with simok and then the scene when sdj mentioned her husband, both were really emotional. i wonder if the medicine is her father's or maybe even her brother's? and what is it as well. THE WOMANCE BETWEEN YJ AND CHOI BIT PEAKED IN THIS EPISODE. love these two together. the dining scenes between both teams were great especially after the seriousness of first meeting. i loved the color contrast between prosecution and police

the only thing wrong with this episode was that we were robbed of terrace scene :tears: the segok case just gets worse, i seriously didn't want to watch these bastards bullying the victim. he needs to get justice. that was great finale scene, yj really stepped up. "it was a sucicide, but it was homocide" was a great line to finish it off.

ep 5 preview (it's going to be fun, for sure :o:vicx:)

• Like 12

WHERE WAS THE TERRACE SCENE????? I was smiling throughout the day thinking of what they would be talking about! How can they do that to us? I want YJ and SM to start interacting again like friends pls!!!!

Okay now to the Segok Case- it keeps on getting worse. I feel so bad for the victim. People can be so cruel- even those in uniform. It really breaks my heart. He must have been so tormented psychologically. I hope SM and YJ are able to bring him justice and really punish the culprits.

As for the Hanjo case, interesting how the evidence is pointing towards LYB being sick/paralysed or something- couldn't have seen that coming. It was so smart of DJ to look through trash for something to take back to LYJ. Also in the moment when he was rooting for LYJ- it seemed genuine. I want for him to be better than he was in S1. Another important reveal on this side has been about LYJ's possible involvement in the prosecutor's death.

I am interested in how CB reacts as YJ finds out more about the police sucide case- only then will I be able to judge her cause till now she seems really sassy and cool. A little cut throat yes but that's what her job demands of her right now. Finally, just as YJ's former colleagues can see how she might need some support out there, I hope YJ can sense that for SM too (I know I know he needs no support but just in case cause it looks like he is finally questioning his bosses next episode).

• Like 10

Four sub-stories now. 

The police-prosecutor first meeting

Well, not everything can be solved in one meeting. 

In summary, the goal fo the police-prosecutor team are to determine 1) who has the power to lead and 2) terminate investigation and 3) request warrants, and 4) discuss the establishment of the senior civil servant corruption investigation unit. 

Right off the bat, the argument starts with warrants. I'm not sure how the criminal procedural currently run in S Korea, but I guess things happen the way they are now because of too much power and ego of course. Prosecutors have the sole power to request warrants. It's okay if the prosecutors are honest and work towards justice, they can check whether the investigation process are correct then request the warrants. But what if they're not? What if the prosecutors are corrupt and self-serving? 

I totally understand HYJ's pov, the police only request the same power to request warrants, final decision to issue the warrant still lies with the judges. And I totally get HSM's pov, to create an equal footing on who can request warrants, one needs to differentiate the two organizations and create different check-boxes. 

Oh but emotions run high here, especially Kim Sa Hyun, like a firecracker. 

But positive thing is that, our prosecutor team are not bad! Chief Woo and KSH want to help Jang Geon get the warrant - but without lowering their pride, of course. Men... :huh: 

Hanjo's LYJ - LSJ - LYB conflict: 

LYJ is in deeeep trouble now. I feel really bad for her. 

Not only her father and brother against her, HSM also being his usual self towards her - cold. She finds no support except for Mr Park (whom I think is secretly in love with her) AND SDJ! 

SDJ is too adorable here and I like how sincere he was towards LYJ - you don't get that often with SDJ since he always has ulterior motives :sweatingbullets:

I'm curious about LYB's condition. I hope we can find out more in later eps what is that drug label?

Park Gwang-su's death:

If it was HSM in the room instead of SDJ, he would be able to catch the clues here. 

LYJ claimed ignorance all the way and Mr Park said he only met once. Yet, for someone who only met Park Gwang-su once, he knows a lot: 1) PGS can actually drink, 2) heard and know Choi Bit's name. 

Alas.. it's SDJ! Hope he will pass this info on to HSM in later episodes. 

Obviously this is critical to Hanjo, to hire a former prosecutor/judge/judicial officer straightaway is against the law, so if HSM-SDJ learned about this, it can add to an even messier problems to Hanjo.

Lawyer Oh need to stay hidden > but talking about Lawyer Oh, he doesn't seem to be on LSJ's side during the meeting. He's objective and quite helpful actually. Hmm.. I'll reserve judgment for Lawyer Oh being double agent now. :mellow:

Sejok Police Station's case:

YAAAAY... HYJ is onboard with the case and can see right away it's a homicide case, not suicide. 

I guess now this case becomes a goldmine - whoever has it, will have the power to turn it into weapon. 

I know in the preview, HSM will be pitted against HYJ for this case, but I hope they can ignore which sides they are and only strive for the truth 

I try to summarize Captain Baek team: 

Baek Dong-gi: demoted one rank and still in Sejok Police Station / the second on the scene / tightening the rope / perform CPR 

Lee Dae-sung: tinkering with the rope / don't know where he is now?

Gu Joon-sung: the bast*rd who poured hot water to Officer Gong / don't know where he is now?

Kim Su Hang: the witness / first in the scene / the one who was jailed for bribery and later released - whereabouts unknown 

Oh Byung Gun: ?

Kim Gyung Suk: ?

Sorry for lengthy post. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

I just saw the tweet and wow, this is something that I love about SF. At the meeting, it was police that we instinctively rooted for since the conversation was mainly about how prosecution is abusing and negleting its current power. Jang Geon mentioned the ongoing rental case and how there's no warrant issued. After the meeting it's prosecutors that are worried about the criminal being possibly let out. While no one from police HQ asked to help get them a warrant.That prosecutor in glasses so far was kind of a jerk and was used for comical scenes but even he cared more than CB and the police investigation chief. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

6 minutes ago, breadstal said:

After the meeting it's prosecutors that are worried about the criminal being possibly let out. While no one from police HQ asked to help get them a warrant

Exactly. The HQ police team has never been in field so they don't care about that. They just want all the rights to be given to them. Same goes for prosecution as well. In S1, we saw how deep rooted the corruption in prosecution is. Though in this case both WTH and KSH seemed more human. 

Kind of disappointed on how Jang concluded ShiMok to be the same as others. I mean he worked with him before and he knows how he is. 

• Like 11