[Drama 2020] Forest of Secrets Season 2, 비밀의 숲 2

0ly40

1 hour ago, breadstal said:

the only thing wrong with this episode was that we were robbed of terrace scene :tears: the segok case just gets worse, i seriously didn't want to watch these bastards bullying the victim. he needs to get justice. that was great finale scene, yj really stepped up. "it was a sucicide, but it was homocide" was a great line to finish it off.

Yeh I  am feeling you where that scene I was awaiting for that  but it will be next week so I guess they fool us :joy:

The case going worse you know I think from the preview  that YJ and SM   investigate  it each one alone will case this result 

Ah it not just the police  it also the prosecutor  was involved  in that case so the swords is going to hurt both of them and each side will want to cover his side of the story and point  the finger  on others or just as I said before they will decide to bury  this case again ( I really think that a deal was made with prosecutor in that time as i wrote  before so they are at fault  too )

But you know they Choice  the really wrong people  to investigate  it  :smort:really this two have one common  thing they never stop when they start and they never cover a true they found 

And we going to have the both chiefs  asking them to be silence  about that and before that asking them to know what the other know first 

Like the preview of ep 5 when he ask Sm to know what YJ  find I was like :loolz:

And here I am thinking  are you sure you asking them that, to investigate each other you going to have the only results  here 

iIWdLR.gif   

My favorite  partners just  run together to solve this case behind this stupid  orders ( I just love this gif) 

• Like 8

After seeing today's episode it was clear that police patrol team under Baek constantly bullied Sergeant Song. And he was killed in sometime 2017 September. Then how did the rest of the team got investigated for bribery? I mean didn't they kill him so that he couldn't investigate them and they could continue taking bribes? how did the case come up in December then? The prosecutor who was in charge that time investigated the bribery charge but he didn't investigate the briber's claim that the Sergeant might have been killed. Why ? I mean even though they couldn't have find evidence, but they didn't investigate as well or else that should have been mentioned in the case report. 

Also why the prison chief called CB to inform about that? Has she asked all the prison chiefs to let her know whenever prosecution decides to reinvestigate old cases?

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

“Forest Of Secrets 2” Teases Fierce Debate Between Police And Prosecution

d20d54351ac24aa7abd080965f6354a7.jpeg?s=

Aug 23, 2020
by S. P

The second season of “Forest of Secrets” has released new stills previewing tense negotiations between the police and the prosecution in the upcoming episode!

The new episode will show the prosecution and police taking their first steps towards negotiation after thorough preparations. Viewers are anticipating the intense debate that will take place as they butt heads over who will take jurisdiction in the investigation.

Spoilers

In the previous episode, Woo Tae Ha (Choi Moo Sung) pinpointed the police office’s fatal blind spot in order to protect the investigative rights of the prosecution. Bringing up a case in which a policeman supposedly took his own life due to depression, he raised suspicions that the policeman could have been murdered by his own comrade.

He then ordered Hwang Si Mok (Cho Seung Woo) and Seo Dong Jae (Lee Joon Hyuk) to investigate the matter, pouring his utmost effort into revealing the truth of the case that could completely dismantle the police office’s attempt to gain investigative rights. Curiosity is mounting over what kind of effect this case will have on the meeting between the prosecution and the police.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1421044wpp/forest-of-secrets-2-teases-fierce-debate-between-police-and-prosecution

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

"It was a suicide but it's a homicide" so Sergeant Song did commit suicide but the team saw it as an opportunity and killed him? Yeojin is a smart person. She can see right through just one meeting.

The thing I love about HSM and Yeojin is they want justice not power. They will not care which party (prosecutor or police ) commit the crime or cover up the crime. Segok got both parties at fault; homicide among police colleagues and a prosecutor lets the murder claim goes under the rug. 

It's understandable why the prosecutor can issue warrant it's them who will prosecute the criminal and should enough evident to convict the criminal. But when it come to investigating a prosecutor, the police should be able to make their own warrant as we know there is corruption. The prosecutor want to protect their own. I still do not get why sometime with good evidence the prosecutor refuse to issue a warrant. 

The prosecutors were a bit pain in the a** during the meeting but as less they were worry enough about the scammer might get release after the meeting.  Shouldn't the police HQ help with this? 

• Like 10

I said I will write about YJ and SM later so it later now and it a long post but  a really fan of them talking so  be aware :lol::

First the  analyses of  everything that  happen in ep 4

Spoiler

1.first we was worry for nothing I guess SM know YJ going to be in that meeting, it logic he know she work in that team and that team was specially formed to work on that matter so even if she not in the meeting she still part of that team so he was not suprised ( make me wonder what YJ was trying to say in ep 2 to him if it not about her being part of that, I guess she was feeling bad about the article about him and she being involved on it)

2. I like her casual talking to him :fullofhearts:when they meet before the meeting start, okay she from the start was the only one who dare to talk to him in casual way ( we have now the two bothering new senpai doing it:unamused:). But I like her spirit around him. She and her detective friend just acting like they seeing a friend there, SM needed that he was feeling lonely there before she come and change the mood

3. YJ dare to talk to Sm like this was a suprised to chief choi and specially how SM respond to her. I guess she understand now that they close

4. Okay we all know that only YJ has the right to order, control or advices SM I like how he take her words as it is, word by word:issohappy: he really puppy when it come to YJ and need to fix what he did as she said right away and let be honest YJ really enjoying his obedient to her
( not in bad way sure):smirk:

5. As I already wrote on the living recaps I just love how much SM care about YJ, his eyes always talking when they only search for her and care for her reaction, when she first entered the room he glanced at her even when he was greeting chief Choi, he keep looking at her till he had an eyes connected and he greet her for her to give him a response ( he was like this in season 1 too, sometimes he didnt like when she not talking or looking at him )

In the whole meeting he keep searching for her reaction and eyes connected and when the meeting end he glanced again at her side before leaving like he trying to have that eyes connected again to make sure she okay or at least not angry from him ( I said he a puppy when it come to Yj)

And second a view from the two seasons  together about these two :

Even without romance just to make it logical post here ( trying to not let my romance  side talking here:kicks:)  , okay  let understand that SM is like a child when it come to his feeling he having hard time to understand them  himself and when he like someone he really act like a child.

YJ as partner or friend or someone he really trust is just important to him that all he need to know, since he has difficulty to understand his feeling and others feelings he so much caring about reading her reaction and being approved by her in unspoken way.

He like a kid when it come to feeling and YJ is that child world now, sometimes I feel that she like a mother or a love map to him in figures speaking,  what I mean he like a son seeing the world from his mother eyes, he want attention, he want approval and he want to be around her

YJ win that place in SM mind before heart with being a really different person we all remember from season 1 that he was acting like fearing people more then hating them, he hated so much being touched by anyone but he was okay with YJ

SM as Yj said before look  terrified  (and I agree the world is hell to him ) and YJ was the only one he could feel safe around her with her real personality all the time and directly showing her feeling and other things sure.

Even without romance,  SM see YJ as more important then anything and  I think he a little jealous that he wasn't in place of her detective friend in the meeting as he was wondering why he always can be around her( he give him the same look he was giving him sometimes in season 1 when he was close to her) and that dont have to be related to romance it just when you talking about SM you really dont have the tool's to different between his feeling in romance way or not

Me thinking that SM just dont mind being anything to YJ, just having her a little  is enough   if she see him as partner or friend he okay and If she see it on romance way  it no different to him he wouldn't  mind as I said he himself dont have the tools to different his feeling he just care and like her

that not bad thing it what he is we cant ask him to feel and act in the normal standard, SM  see the world  in terrified way he said himself  when LCJ  ask him " how you feel moving  from heaven  to hell in a moment " and SM  answer " it like every  day moving  from home  to work"  to someone like him who maybe look strong  and dont care but he really  terrified from  others  and the whole  world, YJ  is a safe zone  that he can relax  and  breath  around  her without fearing 

Sorry I said it a long post I couldn't  stop myself  writing  all what I feel and think  about them 
Can we have more of them  together  please  

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Haven’t had the chance to catch up.  But good thoughts everyone.  Externally SM and YJ may be on opposing sides but internally they ascribe to a higher moral code that unites them.  That’s why they can chat freely with each other (not just because of their past).  They have nothing to hide.  And that’s what you have when you live with authenticity.  You rise above the dirt and mire and align yourself to a code that is undeniably right.  For both of them, they were sent out to pasture for refusing to align themselves with the Prosecutor or Police way of doing things.  Shoved in a drawer (like what Kang said).  Neither will rise up the ranks because they don’t dance to the tune that is required of them to get to the top.  But what garners respect from people watching is that they accept their lot and they continue to live that moral code out in their existing position.  They don’t wallow or become bitter about the system that put them there.  They soldier on in spite of it.  That’s integrity.  They stay constant whether they are doing a desk job in a little town or in the upper echelons of Supreme Office.  Same moral code.  They are just as diligent in both settings because they believe in what they are doing.  I think that’s why SM doesn’t bother trying to change the system.  The existing fight to change the system is about apportioning blame.  Both sides assert that they can do a better job than the other.  That if they somehow fix the system, everything will fall into place.  But it’s never been the fault of the system.  It’s the people within that system.  And I think both SM and YJ see that.  They know that at the end of the day, it’s a fruitless endeavour because you will always have people who will rort the system from both sides.  At this point it almost seems like a choice between choosing the lesser evil?  Instead of what YJ proposes - choosing the greater good (the Policeman who rescued the child quickly so he didn’t lose his sight).  Both SM and YJ choose to BE the change they wish to see in the world.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

I can't say that I fully understand all of the technicalities of the first police-prosecution council meeting, but what I am observing is that both sides have/had their fair share of corruption. They seemed super focused with pointing fingers at each other when it seems neither deserves or should have full investigation rights. At some point in the past, it appears that both sides had rights to request warrants. Perhaps there should be a clear division or some form of checks/balances between the two again? It's going to take awhile and probably for all the season 2 cases to unfold for them to come to an agreement, but hopefully, positive reform is still attainable. Then, they all can go back to their old posts.

Side comment - Yeo Jin teasing Shi Mok not knowing how to small chat with Detective Jang after not seeing each other in awhile  - such as asking how his kids are doing - was funny. After witnessing the three chit chat, I liked it when Choi Bit told Shi Mok that she was glad he has good rapport with these kids (Yeo Jin and Detective Jang). I know I am likely grabbing at nothing, but it made me feel that deep down, she wishes to accomplish something positive.

About LYJ, I felt bad about her situation with her family. However, it seems like there are still skeletons in Hanjo's closet. My guess is that they are tied to LYB/LSJ and not her. If that is the case, I think the articles and her father/brother casting her away and drawing lines between them may end up being a good thing for her. Her problem now is how to deal with the past corruption/bribery. She may have no other choice, but to somehow cooperate with prosecution to save Hanjo and herself. Either way, I liked that her and her advisors are not keen with LYB coming back as chairperson. To me, there’s a chance that Hanjo can change for the better

My favorite part of the episode was the meeting of LYJ and SDJ. It was heartbreaking hearing her talk about LCJ, but nice that they both have a connection and can relate to each other through him. SDJ seemed to really respect her as his late senior's wife and LYJ did not treat him like a weasel, but genuinely praised him. By his reaction, I take it no one has really done that before. Same for LYJ. I can tell that she really wants to prove that she is capable of managing Hanjo, but not many are giving her the vote of confidence. Hopefully, encouraging each other will lead them on a right path. I think it’s possible with Shi Mok in the mix representing what is right and reminding them of LCJ’s wishes. I was glad when Shi Mok called to her attention of her indebtedness to LCJ as well and what he did for her sake. I hope that she will eventually realize it.

• Like 10

11 hours ago, pompyavi said:

Exactly. The HQ police team has never been in field so they don't care about that. They just want all the rights to be given to them. Same goes for prosecution as well. In S1, we saw how deep rooted the corruption in prosecution is. Though in this case both WTH and KSH seemed more human. 

Kind of disappointed on how Jang concluded ShiMok to be the same as others. I mean he worked with him before and he knows how he is. 

Yeah me too- I thought Jang would have more faith in SM; But then again in S1 too he had a hard time believing the Special Investigation Team & had left for a while so it's safe to say that he has never fully trusted the prosecutor side in general. But I think he trusts YJ completely so if he sees her trusting SM- he will too. I have a feeling though that in order to protect YJ in the future from her police headquarter colleagues, Jang may end up doing something rash like you know messing up a case or something. Just because the fact that YJ is feeling a little secluded in the HQ is being highlighted frequently.

@nona88 really love how you catch the nuances of SM's body language around YJ- makes me want to see the episode again. But like you mentioned how CB was surprised seeing YJ interact with SM confuses me a little. Because I thought CB was the one who recommended SM to the council knowing his role in SIT last season and that she would also know that YJ worked in the SIT too so they would have known each other. So why was she surprised?

• Like 7

Just a few thoughts for now.

WOW, I love this drama. I can`t have enough. Here was the council meeting, a long scene and they just talk and I was glued to the screen. Both teams are good but the police side really did a good job. The moment Woo Tae Ha sensed that they are in desavantage (with the reveal of the warrant issue) they terminate the meeting. Of course nobody believed that they will resolve something in the first meeting but I think it was a a good meeting. I am glad that Woo Tae Ha realised that it was wrong for the prosecutor in charge of rental scam to delay the warrant and I understand how it is hard for them to investigate their own right now but they should check what is going on. Jang Gun wanted to asked for Shi Mok`s help but he did not ask him. I think Shi Mok will do something anyway. Jang Gun realised that even Yeo Jin has her own problem in he team. He heard how the two colleagues talked behind her back. There is envy everywhere, it is in the human nature.

I feel for honest prosecutors as well. When Shi Mok remembered a case where a young prosecutor was demoted for speaking the truth. There were serious acusations and yet she was punished for trying to do the right thing. In both organizations there is corruption.

The moment with Yeo Jin, Jang Gun ad Shi Mok in the beggining of the meeting was fun. I loved the scene.

Why is Shi Mok the man who has to carry the senior colleagues` bags?

I am curious what Choi Bit will do with the revelation that indeed it was a murder in Segok case. I know it is a bad timing for her and her team but I really hope she will do the right thing I doubt but I still hope.

Of course, Yeo jin realised quickly that Sergeant Song was murdered. Who cover up this case?

The Hanjo group situation is becoming very interesting and intense. I found Seo Dong Jae adorable in the scene with Lee Yeon Jae.

The case with the death prosecutor is getting complicated and there are ties with Hanjo group.

• Like 10

14 hours ago, rita96 said:

WHERE WAS THE TERRACE SCENE????? 

I’m echoing you!!!!  SM x YJ :idk:

Busy all day baking :D Did watch the episode, smartly written and acted!  

Think viewers want to see more of SM. He gets less lines and screen time than SDJ who is MVP today.  SM is still connecting the cases,  Yeo Jin is great today! Expect ratings to improve once they team up.

We got our love triangle!  Dong Jae - Yoon Jae - Director Park!

Jae Jae shipper here :smooches3:

AGB Nielsen rating

Episode 1 (8/15/20):  7.627% (9.012% Seoul)

Episode 2 (8/16/20):  6.415% (7.585% Seoul)

Episode 3 (8/22/20):  7.014% (8.190% Seoul)

Episode 4 (8/23/20):  6.422% (7.378% Seoul)

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

3 hours ago, larus said:

I am glad that Woo Tae Ha realised that it was wrong for the prosecutor in charge of rental scam to delay the warrant and I understand how it is hard for them to investigate their own right now but they should check what is going on. Jang Gun wanted to asked for Shi Mok`s help but he did not ask him. I think Shi Mok will do something anyway.

I appreciate that Woo Tae Ha does know what is right and wrong, but the struggle with what to do was the real deal. He could force them to issue the warrant, but that would be like forcing them to admit that they withheld the warrant for petty reasons and how would that look? It's these kinds of political BS that gets in the way of justice, and I love that they showed that.

I do agree Shi Mok will do something because he's the one person who doesn't care about that.

14 hours ago, pompyavi said:

After seeing today's episode it was clear that police patrol team under Baek constantly bullied Sergeant Song. And he was killed in sometime 2017 September. Then how did the rest of the team got investigated for bribery? I mean didn't they kill him so that he couldn't investigate them and they could continue taking bribes? how did the case come up in December then? The prosecutor who was in charge that time investigated the bribery charge but he didn't investigate the briber's claim that the Sergeant might have been killed. Why ? I mean even though they couldn't have find evidence, but they didn't investigate as well or else that should have been mentioned in the case report. 

Also why the prison chief called CB to inform about that? Has she asked all the prison chiefs to let her know whenever prosecution decides to reinvestigate old cases?

I think they killed him simply because he found out about the bribery. He had no reason to keep quiet about it because he hates them and they hate him. Also, he was demoted from his detective position for speaking out about his former police captain beating another officer, so he is inclined to speak out when he sees violations. (Although maybe not, because speaking out did him no favors. But he may still be perceived as a potential whistle-blower by the other police officers.)

I think they were investigated for bribery 3 months later simply because they were found out in some other way.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, rita96 said:

@nona88 really love how you catch the nuances of SM's body language around YJ- makes me want to see the episode again. But like you mentioned how CB was surprised seeing YJ interact with SM confuses me a little. Because I thought CB was the one who recommended SM to the council knowing his role in SIT last season and that she would also know that YJ worked in the SIT too so they would have known each other. So why was she surprised?

I am thankful  that anyone  could  read even part of that long post :sweat_smile:

About Choi  sure she know  everything  about them but known their rightful  personality  and the fact they worked  together  in the past is something  and finding out that they personally  close like this is something  different 

We talking  about Korean social system here and legally part too , working together  for years dont mean you close  ( see the fact that YJ  work for 2 years now in that team and they still  not close or even like her) 

It have being 2 years  since they worked  together so she teasing  him like this and him respond  like that show that they close behind teammates work in past  and sure that they still in touch  and comfortable  with each other.  I think  that what suprised  her the cute way these three talk with relax  manner even when  they about to start fight with  each other ( you  must be really close to be able to joke  around in time like this) 

5 hours ago, rita96 said:

But I think he trusts YJ completely so if he sees her trusting SM- he will too. I have a feeling though that in order to protect YJ in the future from her police headquarter colleagues, Jang may end up doing something rash like you know messing up a case or something. Just because the fact that YJ is feeling a little secluded in the HQ is being highlighted frequently.

Yeh I am afraid of that too 

And more afraid something  happen  to him too, Jang really trust YJ  and care for her like brother and partner so what you and @pompyavi said about not trusting  the prosecutors side is right, he just an ordinary  police  officer who see things from one side of the system and it his work life side. But  YJ and his team like a family he can do anything  for them 

@larus dear I liked all this episode  too, the small fun meeting  with our old teammates, the meeting that show each side view fairly  and the conflict  of police  who work in field and YJ  suffering  in her new job 

That was a well balanced  episode  here ( okay my selfish  part want more mystery  and SM  & YJ  workings  together but it will come later it all about balance  here) 

About Choi  let be honest  no matter  if she a really good person or not can you blame  her in her position, I mean she has her own political struggle , choosing  the true over the benefit  of all the organization  and destroy  a chance that they work hard for 50 years to get that close to it !! I dont think that anyone can do that ( that why SM  and YJ  special) 

And neither  she or SM  boss  get to raise to that position without  knowing  to play the political game and having to hide things or play along sometimes  with the  flaws :unamused: sadly I think they both will choose  to close this case  for now at least  

And choi  already  show us in ep 2 that her case and winning  that fight is more important  to her then betray  her boss ( not cause  she believes  he should be punished  for wrong doing , she just did that to not be dragged  by the prosecutors  side) 

P.s. to make it directly  the both side will like the case  and want to investigate  it on their own as long as it help them and not harm them so much and as long they have a chance to control  damage,

but when it will become  a bigger scandal  then what they can control  they will just join hand to bury  it.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

My dear fellow FANS of this amazing drama, 

I wish one of u would shed light regarding the conversation between Shimok and LYJ? I cannot understand the importance of that scene and his last remark to her. PLEASE Can someone pls enlighten me? Ty!!! 

• Like 2

Hey, everyone! Just caught up with all the episodes and they're so so good. :heart: One of the things I appreciate about this drama is that it knows how to make long conversations interesting, like that meeting between police and prosecutors. Not one minute of it was boring. You know, while I was reading your discussions about the case of sergeant Song I couldn't shake off the feeling that I've heard something similar IRL and I finally remembered a case that might've been sort of an inspiration for the writer. Last year that whole mess with the Burning Sun case happened and one case was brought to light that involved a "suicide" of a police officer. The case was covered in Korean news and a popular investigation program back then. So to summarize, mr. Lee was an exemplary detective who worked at the Gangnam police station and it turns out that he was secretly investigating adult businesses in the area as well as the the bribes the police (his colleagues basically) received from such establishments. Soon after detective Lee's dead body was found in a reservoir and the police ruled it as a suicide, claiming that he suffered from depression because of relationship issues, even though his autopsy found many sketchy things. For example, there was a very clear strangulation mark on his neck. His family wanted to investigate his death and at first the police told them that they would do it but then closed the case and refused to reopen it even though there were many inconsistencies and other sketchy things. There were even 2 national petitions requesting to reinvestigate his death but sadly they didn't get enough signatures. Here's a more detailed article that I managed to find - here. After reading it I just can't get rid of the feeling that sergeant Song's case in the drama might've been at least somewhat based on this true case. Makes me sad that Lee never got justice till this day. Hopefully in the drama sergeant Song receives the justice he deserves. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

4 hours ago, nona88 said:

About Choi  let be honest  no matter  if she a really good person or not can you blame  her in her position, I mean she has her own political struggle , choosing  the true over the benefit  of all the organization  and destroy  a chance that they work hard for 50 years to get that close to it !! I dont think that anyone can do that ( that why SM  and YJ  special) 

And neither  she or SM  boss  get to raise to that position without  knowing  to play the political game and having to hide things or play along sometimes  with the  flaws :unamused: sadly I think they both will choose  to close this case  for now at least  

Yes, it is true. I know that even if Choi Bit is a good woman and is a good cop, she is in a possision that she played the game (so to speak). She made compromises to get to that higher position, maybe she closed her eyes at some injustice, help someone to help her, so on. She will put Yeo Jin to investigate what real happened at Segok but I am afraid she will chose the organization`s  "good reputation" over the hard truth. The same does Woo Tae Ha for his organization.

I believe in every organization is the same. You have to respect their rules. And even if you respects them, there are other unspoken rules.  When the young prosecutor spoke to the press about the coruption I am afraid it was her last resort. She was demoted. I am sure she tried to tell someone in the organization but nobody listened to her. Why Shi Mok was demoted when he did the right thing?

But It is better to uncover the truth. Maybe the people will be shock and asked themself what other bad things are in that organization but it is a good thing on the long term because people will know that if something is wrong, the organization will corect itself.

There are some young people, idealistic people who have the courage to confront the injustice but they face opposition in different forms. Some of those people will learn that compromising or staying on their place and do just the job, ignoring what others might do is a way to survive. If they could not do that, they leave the organization demoralized and  disappointed with the system. They became bystandards.  That`s the sad reality. If one person would have been supported Sergeant Song when he was bullied maybe the things would have been different.

I want people who murder Seargeant Song punished. I believe the man who had the biggest fault was the one who receive the easiest punishment. That horrible captain is the most guilty one but he had connections in the system and got an escape.  Get them all, team Shi Mok and Yeo jin!

Shi Mok might not speak too much but he is observing every single detail. He is so funny without trying. When Seo Dong Jae boasts what a good team he did with him two years ago, Shi Mok looked back like wondering if he is talking with someone else. :w00t:

2 hours ago, nateko said:

After reading it I just can't get rid of the feeling that sergeant Song's case in the drama might've been at least somewhat based on this true case.

It is very possible. Unfortunetly, there are many exemples like this case in real life.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, larus said:

Shi Mok might not speak too much but he is observing every single detail. He is so funny without trying. When Seo Dong Jae boasts what a good team he did with him two years ago, Shi Mok looked back like wondering if he is talking with someone else. :w00t:

It is very possible. Unfortunetly, there are many exemples like this case in real life.

Can’t believe I laughed so much watching a crime political drama. I replayed multiple funny scenes in E2&3, 
We have intense, funny, sad quiet senes were all weaved smoothly without feeling out if place. 
little detail that tells so much about the character. We know how tough and manipulative Choi Bit and TaeHa are but we also see glimpses of them caring for their team and try to do the right thing. 
the power games are so intense because everyone are smart in their own way here. 

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, farawayland said:

Can’t believe I laughed so much watching a crime political drama. I replayed multiple funny scenes in E2&3, 
We have intense, funny, sad quiet senes were all weaved smoothly without feeling out if place. 
little detail that tells so much about the character.

Same. The rom com genre is not my favorite but I absolutly like to laugh at a good comedy. I just not enjoy Korean rom com as much as others because of its plot. I believed there are good roms as well.

This writer knows to write subtle scenes. Nothing is contrived. It looks natural. I even liked to see Shi Mok cleaning the house. :D

I like all to watch all the characters. It must be so good for the actors to have a role in this drama no matter the small part. I want to see Bae Dona more in this drama but I am not upset because every role is used right  for the plot.

• Like 9

6 hours ago, ilovenico said:

I cannot understand the importance of that scene and his last remark to her. PLEASE Can someone pls enlighten me? Ty!!! 

LYJ is facing competition from her half brother Lee Sung Jae for the management rights of Hanjo. In ep 3, she came to know that Shimok works in Supreme Prosecutor's office and thought to take advantage of that. She asked Shimok to help her do something about the press article released involving her late husband, Shimok and herself. Shimok didn't want to meddle into that. So she tried to provoke him or rub it on him that he is working in SPO thanks to her late husband and does he not feel indebted towards him ? Because he left all the evidences to him and made him a hero Prosecutor. But Shimok being Shimok just reverted the question to her? Doesn't she feel indebted towards her husband since he made sure she wasn't harmed in any way

• Like 7
  • Love 1

I'll remember not to have high expectations of anything again. This is such a damp squib of a season, two years of wait, and it's a snooze fest of bureaucratic mumbo-jumbo where too many characters are thrown in - as prosecutors and police - just to make it look like what they are doing is really really serious and life-threatening - and all they are doing is a hissy fit, a political fight over investigation rights!  

Who cares???????????

Season 1 started with a bang, from the very first episode, this one looks like the prequel of season 1, too slow, with full of wasted lazy scenes and conversations where nothing happens going on in circles - instead of hitting the ground running like last time - especially since the entire team is back.  

Season 1 took one central gruesome murder, one mastermind, 4 main players and a tight script full of tension and good cliffhangers with that great BGM sending chills - every episode was newsworthy and discussion-worthy - and never wavered from focus on that main murder mystery - what the hell is this season? What are they waiting for to get the story started?!

Absolute waste of time. TvN has had a great year but this is a hot air lead ballon that should not be getting the buzz. It's incredibly shoddy.

Compare episode to episode of season 1 and 2 and you guys will see how boring and useless this one is.

This reminds me of season 2 of Jung Jae Lee's drama Aide which also suffered from talkathon marathons where nothing really happened. Dnf'd 2nd episode. 

Unless ChoSeungWoo has been told to do such 'dramas against corruption as a prosecutor' (this is his fourth time playing one) and wants to enter politics, there is little reason for this to have been produced. And to waste a talent like Bae Donna too! Now that's a crime worth investigating!

It's good to see so many familiar forum regulars on this thread but I'm done with this. Spoiler Alert: By Ep. 16, Police and Prosecution will solve something together and learn the lesson kids learn in kindergarten - you don't get anywhere unless you're united. Yeo-Jin will go back to policing, ShiMok will rise through the ranks of prosecutors. Someone's buddy will die. Some one will be behind bars. ZZZzzzzzzzzzz.

• Shocked 1