Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Leverage, 레버리지

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Who knows since this is the Korean adaptation of the US series, so they can do as they will. In the US version, Kim Kwon's character actually takes awhile to warm up to his team mates since he's a lone wolf mercenary type who had been a patriotic idealist until he was used in one too many black ops.

If they stay true to the original, then KSR's romantic partner will be Yeo Hoe Hyun's character. However, even in the US version, the romance took a very long time to get going. So, I wouldn't expect any romance to happen between KSR and anyone until the second half, if it happens at all.

The other romantic pairing should be Lee Dong Gun and Jeon Hye Bin's characters. Their back story is that JHB's character ran scams to steal expensive items, and LDG's character chased her to get the stolen merchandise back. And, when he was an active insurance investigator, he was married with a son. However, his son died due to illness and he ultimately got a divorce from his wife. So, when the team forms, his character is a bitter divorcee albeit a brilliant planner. As old adversaries who have been adversaries long enough to become almost friends, there should be a tension there between their characters. In the US version, they eventually become a couple, both retiring from the team together to be with each other for whatever else comes.

@40somethingahjumma, @triplem, this drama does share similarities with Mad Dog, Task Force 38, and with the movie "The Swindlers" as well in terms of planning elaborate heists to get the bad guys. Plus, in Mad Dogs as well as in this drama, the lead protagonist is an ex-insurance investigator.  But, really, is there anything that is truly original any more. :)

oh know what? It's interesting if she would be with Kim Kwon very interesting I liked and in original was one episode about Parker and Elliot.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

oh know what? It's interesting if she would be with Kim Kwon very interesting I liked and in original was one episode about Parker and Elliot.

Hmm, that's true. The US version kept Parker neutral for a long time, and flirted just a tiny bit with a Parker-Elliot possibility. But, I actually liked that Parker decided to go for Hardison. It was more of an "opposites attract" couple. There was the episode where Parker and Elliot are trying to retrieve a dead man from a mountain where Elliot acknowledges how alike they are in their ability to be pragmatic rather than emotional. That's the same episode where Hardison is trying to hug everyone, mostly because he was cold. :)

In this Korean version, I think it would be too obvious if she's with the Kim Kwon character. His set up is kind of a stereotype of the manly loner hero versus the young, nerdy hacker type. It would be conformist to have her like Kim Kwon. I suppose if they are trying to create differences from the US one, however, the romance between KSR and KK would probably be more acceptable and more conformist to Korean viewing preferences.

• Like 7

Oh, I can't wait to see how that K-version will be. I want to see action, comedy and romance in perfect balance.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Oksana Sutra said:

Oh, I can't wait to see how that K-version will be. I want to see action, comedy and romance in perfect balance.

So, you don't want very much then! :lol:  Just teasing, I'm hoping very hard as well that it's done well, giving its own flavor without ruining the elements that made the original version so much fun to watch. I think Leverage may be the only US series that I actually own episodes of. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, you don't want very much then! :lol:  Just teasing, I'm hoping very hard as well that it's done well, giving its own flavor without ruining the elements that made the original version so much fun to watch. I think Leverage may be the only US series that I actually own episodes of. :)

well as known US version was nor original one. The original Hustle made by BBC

РезÑлÑÑÐ°Ñ Ð¿Ð¾ÑÑÐºÑ Ð·Ð¾Ð±ÑÐ°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð·Ð° запиÑом "hustle bbc"

many says, that British original is much stronger then US, so lets see what will do Korean

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

11 hours ago, Oksana Sutra said:

well as known US version was nor original one. The original Hustle made by BBC

many says, that British original is much stronger then US, so lets see what will do Korean

I don't think Leverage is an adaptation of BBC's Hustle, though both series admittedly took their inspiration from the old US TV series Mission Impossible. Plus, I think Hustle is actually a bit more out there in terms of breaking the fourth wall and hiding the sequence of events until the final big reveal.

I've watched a few episodes of Hustle back when it first came out, but had not been as engaged as I was with Leverage, despite my admiration for Robert Vaughn. However, your post makes me want to go watch some more Hustle episodes while waiting for the Korean adaptation of Leverage. :)

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

this looks promising. 

I loved the original when it aired. So I really hope they don't disappoint me. there have been few remakes that really haven't been good. 

and about hustle vs leverage. Hustle aired earlier and if I remember correctly nobody had never worked for the better side of law. I mean they have always been conmans/woman.

Both series was awesome. there were similarities but what series doesn't have similarities. 

Leverage had Timothy Hutton. SO I hope that lee dong gun can be as good as timothy. 

This is going to be very intresting drama. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 2

6 hours ago, joccu said:

Both series was awesome. there were similarities but what series doesn't have similarities. 

Leverage had Timothy Hutton. SO I hope that lee dong gun can be as good as timothy. 

This is going to be very intresting drama. 

Yes I'm sure LDG is perfect! He is amazing actor such as Timothy Hutton is.

• Like 4

That's the title. The sounds like occupation and position in a company :D

Meanwhile KSR and KK update both IG from the set.

• Like 6

Damn what a hot cast :w00t:

And I LOVED the original series! I hope this version will keep some of it's humor 'cause that was one of the reasons I love the show:D

Haven't seen Sae-Ron in awhile... and Kim Kwon is a total hottie.. I'm so excited for this, can't you tell ha-ha?! Don't let me down (fingers crossed..) 

• Like 7

Ooh, I love the teaser! It looks very cool, but it's even cooler that it's set to "Bellbottoms' by Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. :) I've loved that tune since watching the American movie, "Baby Driver."

Plus, Kim Sae Ron is definitely not a little girl any more. Wow, she's tall, gorgeous, and is already an amazing veteran actor! I don't know the chap who plays the Hardison equivalent, so hoping that he's good, but I'm happy with the rest of the cast both in terms of the way they look and their acting creds. Really looking forward to this. Is it October 13th yet? :lol:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

@triplem That's most important. 

2019092000554_0.jpg

Lee Dong Gun, Jeon Hye Bin, Kim Sae Ron, Kim Kwon, and Yeo Hoe Hyun showcased great acting chemistry despite gathering for the first time as a team of con artists. Lee Dong Gun perfectly captured the emotions of a father who has a son suffering from an incurable disease. Jeon Hye Bin mastered the lines in a foreign language and showed the femme fatale charms of her “scam queen” character.

Kim Sae Ron, Kim Kwon, and Yeo Hoe Hyun breathed life into their characters and amplified the refreshing aspects of this new drama about fraud. Kim Sae Ron exuded the fierce charms of Go Na Byul and showed off bickering chemistry with Yeo Hoe Hyun. With a new short hairdo, Kim Kwon revamped his image into the charismatic “human weapon” Roy Ryu, while Yeo Hoe Hyun transformed into a cute, genius hacker.

Other characters included Tae Joon’s wife Shin Yoo Ri (played by Choi Ja Hye), Tae Joon’s friend Jo Joon Hyung (played by Kim Joong Ki), Tae Joon’s assistant and detective Park Ki Ho (played by Kim Kwang Sik), and Dr. So Ma (played by Jung Gi Seop) who knows how to save Tae Joon’s son.

After the script reading, Lee Dong Gun said, “It’s a project I’m really looking forward to. I’ll try my best to make the set enjoyable.” Jeon Hye Bin added with a smile, “I’ll gather strength in order to not get tired while filming during the hot summer.”

A source from the drama stated, “There are high expectations because we’re working with passionate actors for a tense, energetic project. More than anything, the amazing chemistry of the cast makes me look forward to the tight teamwork. Please look forward to the refreshing revenge on bad guys, the success of strong characters, and amazing teamwork when ‘Leverage’ airs on October 13.”

“Leverage” premieres on October 13 at 9:30 p.m KST on TV Chosun.

(Soompi)

• Like 4
  • Love 2

0933f731deaf4fe38e903b46a3a41421.jpeg?s=

“Leverage” Drops Charismatic Character Posters Of Con Artist Team

“Leverage” is a remake of the U.S. TNT television series of the same name and follows Lee Tae Joon, a former insurance investigator turned con man who gets together with a team of con artists to target the wealthy and corrupt.

Lee Dong Gun plays Lee Tae Joon, the charismatic leader of the con team. His poster reads, “Let’s teach a lesson to those who live doing whatever they please.”

Jeon Hye Bin is Hwang Soo Kyung, an actress who has zero talent on stage but is a star con artist. She says on her poster, “Between gambling, drugs, and cons, cons are the best. Because it’s a game of fantasy.”

Kim Sae Ron plays Go Na Byul, a reckless, feisty thief. She says, “You know I don’t care about your story, right? If you can’t pay up, I’ll chase you to hell.”

Kim Kwon is Roy Ryu, a human weapon. He says, “Mercenaries don’t pick and choose their battles. They just work for the highest bidder.”

Yeo Hoe Hyun is Jung Ui Sung, the tech brains behind the scenes. He says, “It’s a hacker’s world now, do you understand, you richard simmons?”

“Leverage” premieres on October 13 at 9:30 p.m. KST.

SOOMPI

• Like 4
  • Love 1