Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Leverage, 레버리지

Throwing this out here.

But why isn't anyone watching this??

I am really enjoying the drama.

With the latest episode, I know that the team is in a pickle but I am sure they will pull through somehow.

PLUS...*fangirl mode on* I love Roy!

nDSsCs.gif

• Like 9

I'm enjoying this show and its because of this I was encouraged to watch the US series version which was entertaining throughout.  Hopefully this show follow that stream, I like all the characters and am looking forward to the next episode.  However, I wish they added some other mystery to the show when dealing with their cons.  I have no problem encouraging others to watch this.

• Like 5

Never watched the original show but seing the korean remake  make me want to see it. I only watched 4 episodes so far and I'm in love with the gang, they truly are captivate characters and make wanna invest time in their stories.

• Like 3

This thread is pretty dead. @Dramanoona, since you're watching it, do you know if they're only showing 1 episode today? I just watched episode 7, but didn't see episode 8 anywhere.

The problem with the format of showing 2 back to back episodes, frankly, is that it's almost treated like a single 2 hour episode in 2 parts. So, episode 7 finishes on an abrupt cliffhangar which I was hoping to finish watching with episode 8.

I think the romance between NB and US is still on, but has a different feel and treatment to it, btw. US seems to like NB, even though he can't even bring himself to acknowledge it. And, NB seems a bit indifferent to US since she thinks US is a bit of a weakling, both in heart and in physical strength. LOL. However, no romance between NB and Roy. Roy is turning out to be the biggest softie underneath that grim and unyielding exterior.

My favorite character is still SK. JHB is so good in the role, making SK competent and humerous and heartfelt. SK is the ultimate grifter even as she lets herself be dragged into doing the good works that gets set up for them.

Also, it's interesting to see how the Leverage team is getting their cases, and how they each sign up for each case with personal stakes in it, even as they coalesce as a team. The team's willingness to make money off their scams is also amusing, though TJ's insistence that they not keep the money that they scam away raises questions of how he expects the team to get paid. I would think that they would need some income to keep funding their elaborate ruses after all as well as quiet their personal desires to amass their own creature comforts. A quick comment about how the US version treats this in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Nate isn't as big a stickler on the subject of not keeping money. Especially on some of the early scores, he allows the team to keep the money when there aren't victims who need the money, and then the team members invest their money so that they are all independently wealthy with laundered money so that they are not motivated by going just after money. Rather, they can focus on doing the types of cases that bring them satisfaction by sticking up for the beleaguered people.

TJ, however, doesn't have that same acknowledgement of his team's financial needs and willingness to compromise for it, however, and seems to insist on giving away all of the money from their jobs. I find this a tad unrealistic, given that none of them are portrayed as being independently wealthy from the get go. I think I understand why they did this, in order to make TJ as squeaky clean as possible, but I think I prefer the fallen angel treatment that Nate got to how they are portraying TJ.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

yeah i think they did only show ep 7 edit: the 8 episode also aired. I just found it.

and for the romance I would like it to be in the back. 

does anyone has clues who the big bad boss could be?

Edited by joccu
  • Like 5

@stroppyse

Huhuhu.. I am at work now and will only manage to watch the episodes tonight.

Unfortunately I am unable to livestream the episodes :ph34r: no links

I agree that there will be no romance between Roy and NB. More like a sibling teasing relationship. But I love how Roy, the tough SAF guy allows himself to be 'bullied' verbally and physically by NB. :lol:

Really a softie!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, joccu said:

does anyone has clues who the big bad boss could be?

No, not really. There seems to be hints that he's very well connected, including to the police commissioner. Also, it seems that TJ's friend is involved with him the Big Bad Boss in some way.

30 minutes ago, Dramanoona said:

I agree that there will be no romance between Roy and NB. More like a sibling teasing relationship. But I love how Roy, the tough SAF guy allows himself to be 'bullied' verbally and physically by NB.

I find the relationship between Roy and NB to be very cute, even with its sibling overtones. I'm less sold on the romance between NB and US, so I'm glad that the romance is back-burnered. And actually, it's not that I don't believe that NB and US have feelings for each other. Rather, it's that their push-pull is just so awkward. So, perhaps it's actually realistic? :lol:

Btw, as SK is romancing the old Chairman guy in ep 12, the theme to "Love Story" is dramatically playing as background music. The production team for this drama has a rollicking sense of humor. :D

• Like 3
  • Love 2

@stroppyse @joccu To me, it looks like the big bad boss is his hometown friend. First, the body shape, the hair color and hair dress, then the watch on the wrist... Furthermore, it has to be someone close to LTJ in order to know what his son needed. The timing is also odd. He only heard about the medicine the moment his son had no hope to survive. We heard from LTJ that his friend is a financial advisor for VIP... which the big bad boss is. He gets rich but helps the other villains to get rich as well. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4

And I flail my arms in agony...

I can't get a hold of Ep 8! Sigh.

Will watch Ep 7 tomorrow when I have the time.

Being deluged with lots of paperwork today!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@stroppyse @joccu To me, it looks like the big bad boss is his hometown friend. First, the body shape, the hair color and hair dress, then the watch on the wrist... Furthermore, it has to be someone close to LTJ in order to know what his son needed. The timing is also odd. He only heard about the medicine the moment his son had no hope to survive. We heard from LTJ that his friend is a financial advisor for VIP... which the big bad boss is. He gets rich but helps the other villains to get rich as well. 

That's a good call! I was only thinking that the friend was helping the Big Bad Boss, not that he was the Big Bad Boss himself. As a close friend of TJ, the friend would totally know how to play him as well.

I just wonder whether the friend really was powerful enough to have the police commissioner and politicians in his grasp as the show has alluded. It would be a very bitter twist for TJ if his trusted friend turned out to be the BBB though. :(

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

That's a good call! I was only thinking that the friend was helping the Big Bad Boss, not that he was the Big Bad Boss himself. As a close friend of TJ, the friend would totally know how to play him as well.

I just wonder whether the friend really was powerful enough to have the police commissioner and politicians in his grasp as the show has alluded. It would be a very bitter twist for TJ if his trusted friend turned out to be the BBB though. :(

But that's a red herring in my opinion. How come that he is the only one who has seen the big boss? Furthermore, I have the impression that even the cop had some doubt about his friend. Notice his reaction... he left TJ very quickly after the release from jail as soon as the other appeared. Yet they had never really met. 

My theory is that his hometown friend resented him because he loved TJ's wife. By losing her son, this made her turn against her husband and resent him for her son's death. On the other hand, the friend could get closer to her... with the disappearance of the son, he can approach her much more easily. The son is out of the way. He has now the means and the power to get her. He can propose her to have another family.

The big bad boss resents society and perceives money as the only way to get what you want. He creates events in order to take a benefit... and LTJ's situation with his son was the perfect opportunity to get rid of his "rival"!!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

But that's a red herring in my opinion. How come that he is the only one who has seen the big boss? Furthermore, I have the impression that even the cop had some doubt about his friend. Notice his reaction... he left TJ very quickly after the release from jail as soon as the other appeared. Yet they had never really met. 

That is an excellent point!

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

My theory is that his hometown friend resented him because he loved TJ's wife. By losing her son, this made her turn against her husband and resent him for her son's death. On the other hand, the friend could get closer to her... with the disappearance of the son, he can approach her much more easily. The son is out of the way. He has now the means and the power to get her. He can propose her to have another family.

The big bad boss resents society and perceives money as the only way to get what you want. He creates events in order to take a benefit... and LTJ's situation with his son was the perfect opportunity to get rid of his "rival"!!

Hmm, this part about loving TJ's wife, I'm not so sure that I sign on to. I'm not sure what the Big Bad Boss' motivation is, though I'm sure that it's lust for power and money, but I haven't really seen evidence of TJ's wife being involved really, so not as sold that she's a part of it. However, that would also be a huge twist if she was without any hints being dropped at all. Or perhaps, they are all just red herrings.

• Like 4

@stroppyse I think you misunderstood me. My theory is that LTJ's ex-wife has no idea about LTJ's friend's true identity. She is not involved at all but the best friend used his connection in order to get her, the moment he saw that he had the opportunity to drive an edge between LTJ and his wife. It wasn't clearly said but it looks like LTJ is divorced and LTJ doesn't keep in touch with her.

Besides, if my theory is correct about him, why would he need to turn LTJ into a criminal, when his best friend served as the best cover? I sense here some disguised rivalry and jealousy.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@stroppyse I think you misunderstood me. My theory is that LTJ's ex-wife has no idea about LTJ's friend's true identity. She is not involved at all but the best friend used his connection in order to get her, the moment he saw that he had the opportunity to drive an edge between LTJ and his wife. It wasn't clearly said but it looks like LTJ is divorced and LTJ doesn't keep in touch with her.

Besides, if my theory is correct about him, why would he need to turn LTJ into a criminal, when his best friend served as the best cover? I sense here some disguised rivalry and jealousy.

I see your point. I was just being skeptical that TJ's ex-wife was a motivation for his friend. However, you could be right. And, yes, TJ is divorced, though it's not clear whether they got the divorce before their son died or after, but TJ at one point referred to his ex-wife so they are definitely divorced.

Also, I don't think that he needed to turn TJ into a criminal. It had seemed to me that TJ was the one best suited for that first pharmaceutical theft job, especially since TJ would have a personal stake in it, as desperate as he was to save his son's life. That pharmaceutical, though, just represented a chance to make a lot more money to the BBB as far as I could make out.

• Like 3

@stroppyse I am still watching. Paddling furiously because I hv 5 or 6 ongoing dramas . :lol:. I will be using this week to catch up .  I am Glad you’re watching this @bebebisous33 . 

5 hours ago, raziela said:

Was there only one episode last night?

no , eps 8 is available. I saw it on viu 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, triplem said:

no , eps 8 is available. I saw it on viu 

Thank you for replying. 

I wonder why only the ratings for one episode were reported, then?:huh:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, raziela said:

Thank you for replying. 

I wonder why only the ratings for one episode were reported, then?:huh:

Not sure if there was a delay in the broadcast in SK perhaps? I noticed that episode 8 showed up a lot later on the sites than ep 7.  Anyway, both eps 7 and 8 are available on various sites.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Not sure if there was a delay in the broadcast in SK perhaps? I noticed that episode 8 showed up a lot later on the sites than ep 7.  Anyway, both eps 7 and 8 are available on various sites.

Thanks!

• Like 3