Episodes: 16

Genre: Drama, murder

Airdate: October 13th - December 8th, 2019

Airtime: Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST

Director: Nam Ki Hoon
Writer: Min Ji Hyung

Official site: HERE

Synopsis:

This Drama is a remake of U.S. television series “Leverage” that aired on cable channel TNT from 2008-2012. The series follows the story of a former insurance investigator who forms a team of thieves and con artists to catch the real bad guys. Lee Tae Joon (Lee Dong Gun) is an excellent insurance fraud investigator. An unexpected case changes his life. He quits his job and recruits talented criminals, that he once caught, to form an elite fraud team. The team includes Hwang Soo Kyung (Jeon Hye Bin), Go Na Byul (Kim Sae Ron), Roy Ryu (Kim Kwon) and Jung Ui Sung (Yeo Hoe Hyun). They scam wealthy criminals and return the money that they stole to the victims.

Cast:

Lee Dong Gun as Lee Tae Joon

He transforms from Korea’s former top insurance investigator to its top con man. He teams up with the best con artists to get revenge on the wealthy and corrupt.

leverage1.jpg

Jeon Hye Bin as Hwang Soo Kyung

She's an actress who has zero talent on stage, puts her dramatic and awkward acting to use to trick people into thinking she is claustrophobic.

leverage2.jpg

Kim Sae Ron as Go Na Byul

She looks confident and charismatic, not afraid to take down a few bad guys. However, when she sees a little bug on the floor, she says she can’t kill it because she is afraid of it.

leverage3.jpg

Kim Kwon as Roy Ryu

He comes off manly and tough, but he gets softhearted for his dog Elliot.

leverage4.jpg

Yeo Hoe Hyun as Jung Ui Sung

leverage5.jpg

Supporting Cast:

Choi Ja Hye as Shin Yoo Ri
Jung Ki Sub as So Ma

Character chart

201910071621549068189040387115.jpg

Teasers:

Spoiler

OST:

Spoiler

01.Soompi code of conduct | SOOMPI RULES FOR KDRAMA | MOVIES | ACTORS' & ACTRESS' SECTION

Don't post any requests for subs!Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.

01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead ofposting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like  SOOMPI TV, Viki, Dramafever, Kdrama.com or Crunchyroll) will have their ID's reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched all seasons of US "Leverage". I don`t know if the remake will bring the charm of the original team but it still could be a fun watch. 

Lee Dong Gun And Jeon Hye Bin Confirmed To Star In Remake Of U.S. Series “Leverage”

Aug 27, 2019
by Y. Shin

73f2ec7833294641a86bfb9201b5608d.jpeg?s=

Lee Dong Gun and Jeon Hye Bin will be starring in TV Chosun’s remake of the American drama series “Leverage”!

“Leverage,” which ran from 2008 to 2012 in the United States, followed a former insurance investigator who led a team of thieves and con artists in pulling elaborate scams on the wealthy and corrupt. 

The Korean remake, titled “Leverage: Con Artists” (literal title), will tell the story of Lee Tae Joon, an elite insurance investigator turned scam strategist who recruits the best “players” in order to catch the real criminals who think they’re above the law.

Lee Dong Gun will play Lee Tae Joon, a man of principle who becomes the leader of a team of con artists. He was once known as the “Grim Reaper” of con artists due to his role in evading every trick in the book with his intelligence and insight, but after an unexpected incident, he will bring together the best con artists he once caught with his own hands to bring down society’s true criminals and show an authentic “implementation of justice.”

Jeon Hye Bin will take on the role of Hwang Soo Kyung. Although she’s a terrible actress on stage, Hwang Soo Kyung becomes an Academy Award-level actress when it comes to real-world scams. She is a top scammer who is also able to speak four languages fluently, and her mysterious relationship with Lee Tae Joon piques viewers’ curiosity.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1348358wpp/lee-dong-gun-and-jeon-hye-bin-confirmed-to-star-in-remake-of-u-s-series-leverage

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Leverage, 레버리지 - Lee Dong Gun - Premieres in October
4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That totally works for me. I can see KSR as the elite cat burglar/thief who is also strangely naive when it comes to the real world and clueless when it comes to relationships! Plus, I adore her as an actress and really want to see her again in a drama.

So, is Kwon Kim going to be Elliot or Hardison?

He is Elliot And you're right KSR is amazing for this role can't wait to see her. And waiting for hacker.

@everyone so this about about group of con artist conning the wealthy? Is this similar to  38 Taskforce  from OCN? cos it seems to be same plot. You know where someone fakes car accident then gets hit take take insurance money.

I have no clue about the US drama ( cos I never watch any-except Scandal).

But anyway I'm happy to see Kim Sae Ron in drama after  what 4 years?

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Hmm, I'm not familiar with this actor's work, so will hope for the best.

I have to admit, I realized that it was going to be an all Korean cast, but given that there seems to be a significant non-Korean ancestry population in SK now, it would have been cool to have Hardison played by a minority Korean rather than a full ethnic Korean. Part of the charm of the romance Hardison and Parker was that they are both such unconventional characters, including being a bi-racial couple. One of the Leverage episodes even addressed the topic of bi-racial romances, with a gentle juxtaposition of a romance that wasn't allowed to happen despite the partners longing for each other their entire lives and then Hardison and Parker who are having their romance without even considering their respective races.

And I hope for more stronger romance line then original ))

I thought we already had an adaptation of Leverage with Mad Dog... ;)

I don't really know how I feel about this announcement TBH because the original Leverage is one of my favourite television dramas of all time. It's one of the very few that I've watched the whole thing from start to finish multiple times. My expectations are probably through the roof. it's not that I think Kdramaland is incapable of producing smart heist shows but Leverage was/is special as much for its cast as it was for the crazy plots. The motley crew made it work with their witty interactions.

LDG is a good actor and I think he can do his thing. He won't be Timothy Hutton but he'll do well. However, it's the female characters I really worry about. Gina Bellman was brilliant as Sophie... the accents... well, I wouldn't have to worry about that... but her chameleonic tendencies will be challenging.   And Parker was mentally unstable, quirky and hilarious... that will be hard to pull off.

I'm the unerring pessimist. Some adaptations have been very good like Life on Mars but most haven't sadly. Still disappointed about the Luther adaptation ( Less than Evil) that was almost unrecognizable as any kind of Luther adaptation. If this was going to be done on OCN, I might be a tad more optimistic. 

2 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I'm the unerring pessimist. Some adaptations have been very good like Life on Mars but most haven't sadly. Still disappointed about the Luther adaptation ( Less than Evil) that was almost unrecognizable as any kind of Luther adaptation. If this was going to be done on OCN, I might be a tad more optimistic. 

I understand your worries. I also liked the original Leverage, mostly because of the cast. I doubt they will create the same charming vibe through the new series but they can make a good drama with funny interactions. I was disappointed with Luther adaptation as well but I understood early that it won`t be what I expect so I watched it like something new and get Luther out of my mind.  It was hard to do a similar series. It is hard to not compare.  :D

I liked Korean version of Life on Mars and Good Wife. They took the theme and made it them own version. They kept me interested.

I am optimistic that the drama will be enjoyable with this new cast. I don`t have high expectation though. I just want a fun ride again.

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

But the romance was so cute in the original! Parker and Hardison toured around the world, rappelling down skyscrapers everywhere! They were definitely a couple!

Yes they was! And I know that this is not romance but comedy and action drama,  but man 5 season and only 3 kisses for Parker/Hardi

its not fear))) a need more ))))))))))

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Who knows since this is the Korean adaptation of the US series, so they can do as they will. In the US version, Kim Kwon's character actually takes awhile to warm up to his team mates since he's a lone wolf mercenary type who had been a patriotic idealist until he was used in one too many black ops.

If they stay true to the original, then KSR's romantic partner will be Yeo Hoe Hyun's character. However, even in the US version, the romance took a very long time to get going. So, I wouldn't expect any romance to happen between KSR and anyone until the second half, if it happens at all.

The other romantic pairing should be Lee Dong Gun and Jeon Hye Bin's characters. Their back story is that JHB's character ran scams to steal expensive items, and LDG's character chased her to get the stolen merchandise back. And, when he was an active insurance investigator, he was married with a son. However, his son died due to illness and he ultimately got a divorce from his wife. So, when the team forms, his character is a bitter divorcee albeit a brilliant planner. As old adversaries who have been adversaries long enough to become almost friends, there should be a tension there between their characters. In the US version, they eventually become a couple, both retiring from the team together to be with each other for whatever else comes.

@40somethingahjumma, @triplem, this drama does share similarities with Mad Dog, Task Force 38, and with the movie "The Swindlers" as well in terms of planning elaborate heists to get the bad guys. Plus, in Mad Dogs as well as in this drama, the lead protagonist is an ex-insurance investigator.  But, really, is there anything that is truly original any more. :)

oh know what? It's interesting if she would be with Kim Kwon very interesting I liked and in original was one episode about Parker and Elliot.

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, you don't want very much then! :lol:  Just teasing, I'm hoping very hard as well that it's done well, giving its own flavor without ruining the elements that made the original version so much fun to watch. I think Leverage may be the only US series that I actually own episodes of. :)

well as known US version was nor original one. The original Hustle made by BBC

РезÑлÑÑÐ°Ñ Ð¿Ð¾ÑÑÐºÑ Ð·Ð¾Ð±ÑÐ°Ð¶ÐµÐ½Ñ Ð·Ð° запиÑом "hustle bbc"

many says, that British original is much stronger then US, so lets see what will do Korean

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Leverage, 레버리지 - Sat & Sun @ 22:50 KST - Lee Dong Gun & Jeon Hye Bin - Premieres on October 13th

this looks promising. 

I loved the original when it aired. So I really hope they don't disappoint me. there have been few remakes that really haven't been good. 

and about hustle vs leverage. Hustle aired earlier and if I remember correctly nobody had never worked for the better side of law. I mean they have always been conmans/woman.

Both series was awesome. there were similarities but what series doesn't have similarities. 

Leverage had Timothy Hutton. SO I hope that lee dong gun can be as good as timothy. 

This is going to be very intresting drama. 

6 hours ago, joccu said:

Both series was awesome. there were similarities but what series doesn't have similarities. 

Leverage had Timothy Hutton. SO I hope that lee dong gun can be as good as timothy. 

This is going to be very intresting drama. 

Yes I'm sure LDG is perfect! He is amazing actor such as Timothy Hutton is.

Archived