[Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵

0ly40

I got so excited after watching the trailer on Netflix that I had to come here looking for the thread. I love Gong Hyo-jin! She is my most favourite actress. She never fails to impress with her diverse characterizations. I really admire her for taking up projects that deal with some really different, difficult and challenging issues in the society. She is so effortless in each of her characters! How does she do that every single time?

When the Camellia Blooms seems interesting and after a long lull I find myself excited about a show. The trailer was so heartwarming. I think it's Gong Hyo-jin really who makes her characters so appealing, relatable so much so that you not only end up falling in love with them but they also leave such an indelible mark on you.

I am biased towards 'ThankYou' because it has my favourite Jang Hyuk, but nevertheless the Gong Hyo-jin portrayla of a single unwed mother with a child battling aids has truly left an indelible mark on me. I have enjoyed her other shows too be it Pasta, It's Okay, That's Love, The Greatest Love , Master's Sun and Don't Dare to Dream..... 

How come she gets paired against such good looking and charismatic men in all her shows? :o:D

Apologies for this long rant/ fan-girl post! :love: Hoping to interact with all the other followers of the show and discuss, rant and rave as the show progresses!

• Like 6
  • Love 3

@chibiusa  The poster is adorable.  My kind of drama. HAHA, each person has a number tag just like a crime scene.:lol:  I haven't seen Son Dambi acting in a while, the person who always deliver is Yeom Hye-ran.  She excels at the tongue-in-cheek sidebars in the last drama I saw her in.

@triplem Men who do yoga are real men I tell you LOL.   Poor Kim Ji Seok, :lol: Looks like they have so much fun.  I like when drama do things light handed ~~ life is no melo like Kdrama. Though I expect this one will be a healing warm hearted one.  Anticipate! Psst, KHN is my ideal man hahaha . I wonder when was the last time I see him outside of a police uniform.

@confusedheart326  OMG, someone who watched Thank You! Thank You! That drama made me a mess.  That was my first time watching JH and GHJ.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, And More Get Ready To Face Love In New Poster For Upcoming Rom-Com

Sep 10, 2019
by S. Nam

7847ffb09ad7449c9d0538391b1e9a69.jpeg?s=

KBS2’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “When the Camellia Blooms” (literal title) has released a new poster of all the main leads!

“When the Camellia Blooms” will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Moreover, the drama will focus on the romance that blossoms between Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin) who is trapped in a certain perception about love and Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul) who shows undying support and love for her.

Along with Dong Baek and Yong Shik, the poster also features the “celebrity couple” Kang Jong Ryul (Kim Ji Suk) and his wife and social media influencer Jessica (Ji Yi Soo). Furthermore, optician Noh Gyu Tae (Oh Jung Se) and his wife, lawyer Hong Ja Young (Uhm Hye Ran), can also be spotted in the poster. With the store “Camellia” in the background, the poster also includes part-time worker Hyang Mi (Son Dam Bi) and introduces Dong Baek’s son Pil Goo (Kim Kang Hoon) for the first time.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1351453wpp/gong-hyo-jin-kang-ha-neul-and-more-get-ready-to-face-love-in-new-poster-for-upcoming-rom-com

Kang Haneul becomes shy for Gong Hyo-jin in new promo for When Camellia Blooms

by tccolb

camposter2.jpg

New posters and a video teaser has been released for KBS rom-com When Camellia Blooms featuring lead actors Gong Hyo-jin (Jealousy Incarnate), Kang Haneul (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart), and Kim Ji-suk (Top Star Yoo Baek).

Gong Hyo-jin plays the titular character, Dong-baek, whose name in English translates to camellia (the flower). She’s a single mom and restaurant owner, and has had her share of bad turns in life and love when she meets Kang Haneul’s character. A local police officer by the name of Hwang Yong-shik, he is a pure soul when it comes to love and he pursues her with the simple conviction that all you need is love. Despite everyone around them reasoning that love isn’t all that it’s cut out to be, Gong is moved by Kang’s sincerity and the two begin a romance.

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/kang-haneul-becomes-shy-for-gong-hyo-jin-in-new-promo-for-when-camellia-blooms/

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@bedifferent: OMG! This is really unbelievable! I can't believe that I finally found someone who is a big fan of 'Thank You'. I have watched and re-watched it countless times. I can't get over it. I love the soundtrack. I wish it was available somewhere. 

'Thank You' and 'Fated to Love You' remain my most favourite dramas of all times. (So, it's no surprise that I love Jang Hyuk! He's super cute and sexy. He's like wine that gets better with age. (#shamelessfangirling):love:  These two dramas are real stress busters for me.   I haven't come across a drama that has affected me this deeply. So I can relate to being in a 'mess'.

GHJ has a knack of selecting great dramas. And did I mention she's super pretty? :wub:This drama too seems extremely promising. The promos seems to be heartwarming.   GHJ has excellent chemistry with no just her male costars but what I find most wonderful is her rapport with child artists. This was most evident in 'Thank You'.  Then it was in the drama 'Greatest Love' , though the opportunities and scenes weren't as many as in 'Thank You'. GHJ was so realistic as the single unwed mom struggling to fight against social prejudices. Recalling her struggles  brings tears into my eyes. :tears: I think everyone did a fabulous job in that drama. A special shout out to the Grandfather who was simply adorable.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

@confusedheart326 i am not a die hard fan of both JH and GHJ but I often think "Thank You" has this universal theme that is timeless.  If I remember correctly, it was released around the time HIV was deemed a death sentence; we really often see love and hate tear apart by fear and prejudice in real life. This drama brings back memories of Young Shin and the quiet graceful way the outcasts/outsiders lived their lives.  I'm hoping for the same magic, esp with KHN on board.  He tends to chose good projects, maybe it's linked to his theater/musical background.  GHJ sure is pretty; charming, very chameleon kind of beauty. I adore a lot of her clothing choices.

I was glancing over the supporting cast members.  Recognized Lee Sang Yi whom I think is hilarious @triplem (was in Third Charm, the boyfriend LOL).  Good casting, pretty sure we will have some LOL.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Premiere Watch:

by stroopwafel

When the Camellia Blooms

premierewatch_camellia01.jpg

Time slot: Wednesday & Thursday
Broadcaster: KBS
Genre: Romance
Episode count: 32 episodes (35 minute episodes)

Reasons to watch: Gong Hyo-jin and Kang Haneul make their drama comebacks in When the Camellia Blooms as a fierce single mom and a bubbly police officer respectively. Gong Hyo-jin’s faced prejudice from the people around her her whole life, first for being an orphan and then for being a single mom. As a result she’s ever the pragmatist. When the sweet optimist that is Kang Haneul comes into her life, his warmth and belief that love is all you need start to soften her pragmatism. But not many people are rooting for them, and in addition to societal barriers (the noona romance aspect, Gong’s single motherhood status) Gong’s ex-boyfriend Kim Ji-suk may prove to be a big stumbling block. Despite being married and a father himself, he’s still nursing some unresolved feelings for his old flame. Let’s see if the drama proves Kang Haneul (and the Beatles) right. Maybe all you need is love after all.

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/premiere-watch-flower-crew-joseon-marriage-agency-when-the-camellia-blooms-secret-boutique-running-investigators-vagabond-pegasus-market/

Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, And Kim Ji Suk Talk About Working Together For “When The Camellia Blooms”

361152aa758e470b81edc0cc15e8724a.jpeg?s=

The cast of KBS’s upcoming romantic comedy drama “When the Camellia Blooms” has shared what it’s like to work together on set.

On September 17, a press conference for “When the Camellia Blooms” took place. Attending the event were Gong Hyo Jin, Kang Ha Neul, Kim Ji Suk, and director Cha Young Hoon.

“When the Camellia Blooms” will tell the stories of three couples in different stages of love. Moreover, the drama will focus on the romance that blossoms between Dong Baek (Gong Hyo Jin), a woman who is trapped in a certain perception about love, and Yong Shik (Kang Ha Neul), who shows undying support and love for her.

During the press conference, the actors talked about working with each other. Gong Hyo Jin said, “I’ve heard great stories about how Kang Ha Neul is kind and works hard, so I went to the set with high expectations. Just like I’ve heard, he works really hard and is full of energy, and it was great to see his positivity. I’ve told my friends, ‘Yong Shik is really great.'”

She continued, “We are also very similar when it comes to learning and memorizing lines. We tend to forget and change the lines a lot. It becomes a bit too much if I have to act with someone who has the lines memorized perfectly the way they are, but in that sense, he and I work well. I’ve been filming comfortably while having fun.”

Gong Hyo Jin also talked about working with Kim Ji Suk. The actress said, “I feel comfortable with him because we are in the same age group. We worked together a few years back in the drama ‘Let’s Go To School, Sang Doo.’ He was a supporting character who sat at the very far end of a classroom. I thought he was great at the time, but when I saw him a couple years later in a variety show, I realized that he is actually very silly. I’m glad to have met him again over 10 years later. We have many scenes that are set in the past, and I’m thankful that he helps me act while feeling as if he were my actual first love.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1353027wpp/gong-hyo-jin-kang-ha-neul-and-kim-ji-suk-talk-about-working-together-for-when-the-camellia-blooms

• Like 4
  • Love 1

• Guest changed the title to [Current Drama 2019] When the Camellia Blooms, 동백꽃 필무렵 - Wed & Thu @ 22:00 KST