Quantcast

• Replies 20.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, SweetButters said:

@Elnin Joery I’ve explained it to you over and over again. Yet you’re not comprehending and it’s getting redundant at this point. I’m not the professor of the course TKEM nor do I have any desire to be. I’m simply the TA who’s role was to try and give you various examples from the course to explain things better. So like I said earlier, contact writer KES who is better equipped at teaching the course.

That theory just didn't click with me. KES will have to search for me because there is nowhere to reach her. I appreciate your effort to explain tho.

As for the theory part

giphy.gif

• LOL 4
8 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

Hahaha. The professor part really cracked me up but why don't you take the professor role here and explain it to me and I will listen because the explaination I got so far didn't suggest anything or convinced me of a deity but if it was only metaphor i can see it your way and I also didn't see the devil or demon but what I saw was a man obsessed with his own desires and eternal life

Honestly I may have to say the reason you're unable to comprehend it may be the inflexibility of the subject at hand. What do you consider a deity? What do you consider a devil/demon? 

If you've read up on Asian mythologies and even Greek/Roman ones, there are circumstances of gods and goddesses that have different roles instead of them being the one God in Christianity. While KES does take Christianity into account and there's a God, she also have these "deities" or perhaps Christians would call them "angels" working underneath the one God with different roles. Yoyo kid is someone with a position working underneath a greater being and thus do not have full power to control everything. What his role contains is similar to the Moirai, or also known as Fates, in Greek mythology. In Greek mythology, the Fates are goddesses, so the position and roles are quite similar.

In Korean mythology, demons and devils are supernatural beings that are tricksters. In Christianity, there exists only 1 devil and that's the leader of all the demons. KES took the approach to combine them as LR has a desire to be God, which is something the devil in Christianity wished to be. By using the flute, he was able to become "supernatural" to normal humans, so to humans he was able to trick into following him, he's a God to them, but to outsiders he'll be considered a "devil" for the method he used to get them to side with him and his followers would be "demons". This part can be metaphoric since in actuality, LR is still human, but if you look at different definitions of devil and demon, LR can also fall underneath those terms. The simplest conception would be, he's evil, so he's a devil. He wishes to go against God, so he's a devil. 

• Love 3
  • Insightful 3
40 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

But even if it falters, I can take comfort with what it has achieved so far. I think its achievements are already way beyond satisfactory at this point.

It certainly has.. It has been great 8 weeks so far

• Like 6
50 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

It's an online streaming platform. https://wetv.vip/en 

It was new to me too, but it came on my radar because it aired Eternal love of dream.

Another great drama if you like the Xianxia/fantasy genre. :) 

I watch Wuxia and btw just checked out the website it has good design and will probably use it from now on. 

Do they release them subbed immediately on Wetv? 

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I watch Wuxia and btw just checked out the website it has good design and will probably use it from now on. 

Sorry what is btw?

Yes, all dramas are subtitled

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

Oh Jesus, and here was I, like: Wait! WAIT, IS THIS-... 

I guess, I was not wrong. :D Not a big character change though - same sweet and awkward guy. But a slightly more important role in IONTBO, maybe. Which he honestly deserves.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, SilverDawn said:

Sorry what is btw?

Yes, all dramas are subtitled

It means ''by the way'' 

Do they sub airing dramas or when the drama has completed because previously the platform i use don't sub wuxia on time and been having issues with that but then again them Subbing TKEM while airing gives me hope

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, TiNaDo said:

Oh Jesus, and here was I, like: Wait! WAIT, IS THIS-... 

I guess, I was not wrong. :D Not a big character change though - same sweet and awkward guy. But a slightly more important role in IONTBO, maybe. Which he honestly deserves.

Haha. That is him. His been working around the clock lately and deserved that bigger role 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
10 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

It means ''by the way'' 

Do they sub airing dramas or when the drama has completed because previously the platform i use don't sub wuxia on time and been having issues with that but then again them Subbing TKEM while airing gives me hope

Eternal love of dream was subbed while airing...so I guess they do that with all dramas. It's still new to me as well. :) 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Narine Joa said:

Haha. That is him. His been working around the clock lately and deserved that bigger role 

Why is it always chicken though

I haven’t watched IONTBO yet, saving it for tonight to watch with a glass of wine and a face mask.  Which is my usual kdrama watching routine, grab a drink, grab a snack, and wind down while getting ready to go to bed

TKEM meanwhile

sleep at 2am while screaming about theories, wake up at 5 to scream on soompi that I can sleep, wake up at 6:30 to scream with the live bloggers, shower and fall cus it’s so early and hurt a limb, start watching at 7:30 while drying off in the bathroom, then walk into oncoming traffic after the episode while running to Work because I’m too busy on my phone fighting with people 

I miss it

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

giphy.gif

I can't believe this thread is still going strong!  You'd think this is an ongoing drama!  Thanks to all who contribute!

6 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

Netflix added this serie  this week in my country...I started watching half-heartedly and had trouble getting past EP1 but I'm glad I didn't give up on it. I'm currently on EP4. The main leads are really something! 

Stay with it!  It gets better and better!

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
  • Awesome 1
2 hours ago, SilverDawn said:

It's an online streaming platform. https://wetv.vip/en 

It was new to me too, but it came on my radar because it aired Eternal love of dream.

Another great drama if you like the Xianxia/fantasy genre. :) 

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I still Rely on Viki, But will give WeTv a try if Love when the star falls gets my AOL(Ashes of Love) OTP back pls...:cutekitty:,

One should try that as well alongwith Eternal Love(TMOPB) if into Xianxia. Haven't tried Wuxia genre Yet though hmmm.

Dramacool Maybe ? I am.watchng BR on that as of now.

Glad TKEM WAS A NETFLIX ORIGINAL, waiting for xianxia subs makes Me MAD....

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, madmad min said:

I still Rely on Viki, But will give WeTv a try if Love when the star falls gets my AOL(Ashes of Love) OTP back pls...,

One should try that as well alongwith Eternal Love(TMOPB) if into Xianxia. Haven't tried Wuxia genre Yet though hmmm.

I don't use dramacool but i use Kissasian tho i will be moving out of there because they don't sub wuxia on time 

• Like 2
On 6/20/2020 at 11:29 PM, madmad min said:

I still Rely on Viki, But will give WeTv a try if Love when the star falls gets my AOL(Ashes of Love) OTP back pls...,

TMOPB is a gem! 

Viki is also my first stop but Wetv has aired some great stuff as well. 

• Like 2