[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

21 hours ago, Elnin Joery said:

It's also popular in the other gulf countries such as UAE and Saudi Arabia I saw it on twitter trends and google trends

I Quote myself here from yesterday.

I said this yesterday without seeing the UAE library just by twitter and google trends but look now it ranks in the UAE I knew it was trending there weeks before I saw this ranking ever.

4KTGIiN.jpg&key=76b78c113791ab78a44b7463

It also ranks number 1 in Qatar

rHXnD4q.jpg&key=9c181999062f4b6460e2c7b1

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

Good morning Monarchs. Still too early for me lol. 

I love that TKEM is doing so well globally :wub:

30 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

I am on episode 15  and I wanna ask what did JTE ask Luna to do and why did she send her into the police station? She wanted her to get something for her? 

i think she was asked to steal LR.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Good morning Monarchs. Still too early for me lol. 

I love that TKEM is doing so well globally :wub:

i think she was asked to steal LR.

Asked to steal LR? Which means it was a plan B if SJ refused to agree to let her enter the portal?

Yes. TKEM deserves this but I can't help feel that even they themselves never assumed to this extend. Sometimes things like that happen where something caughts fire and turns into wildfire

• Like 2
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

Asked to steal LR? Which means it was a plan B if SJ refused to agree to let her enter the portal?

Yes. TKEM deserves this but I can't help feel that even they themselves never assumed to this extend. Sometimes things like that happen where something caughts fire and turns into wildfire

It was part of her plan and it was not only LR but also the Flute. She wanted them both so that she can enter the portal and undo Lee Gon from sacrificing himself 

• Like 2

Just now, Joanna Alfson said:

It was part of her plan and it was not only LR but also the Flute. She wanted them both so that she can enter the portal and undo Lee Gon from sacrificing himself 

Okay thanks. that was insightsful.

TKEM withdrawals is setting for me right now

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Ilmo yens said:

For me I have been rewatching favourite scenes and reading fanfics 

I have been lurking on the shipper thread hoping for something thats how i have been coping with the withdrawal. Not active there i just lurk there from time to time 

• Like 5

On 6/21/2020 at 5:30 PM, Ilmo yens said:

yes, as @Joanna Alfson wrote, the plan was to steal LR and the flute as to intervene if LG ends up sacrificing himself :D that’s why we see LR with TE in the between world during episode 16. 

TKEM was always well received internationally but domestically, it was criticized from details to expectations. It makes me happy to see it is being received well around the globe. What makes me more upset is that only towards the ending did viewers begin to see what TKEM was about and ratings began to go up. It’s like putting a puzzle together. When it’s still in pieces, it’s not beautiful yet. When it’s almost completed, the beauty is finally coming together but by then, only a few have decided to stay and continue working on the puzzle.

I think a lot of viewers who deemed this drama as a ‘failure’ got easily confused from the very beginning. Of course, it didn’t start with point A to point B. We had all the points scattered. At some point, viewers found this complicated and too complex to analyze. Plus, editing during first half was pretty choppy. So it didn’t feel complete in transitions. If only viewers didn’t give up so easily or jump to conclusions on this drama in the first place <_< i did write once that in a drama like this, it will either become a void or mesmerizing. I am glad it was the latter for me. 

On 6/21/2020 at 5:40 PM, Joanna Alfson said:

I find myself in the middle of that crisis and don't know how to move on. I am stuck:bawling:

This is the downfall of watching a drama that catches our attention so deeply. The withdrawals will last for who knows how long. I continue to listen to the Osts and watch scenes all over again. And other dramas that also have my favorites in too ;) :D

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

yes, as @Joanna Alfson wrote, the plan was to steal LR and the flute as to intervene if LG ends up sacrificing himself :D that’s why we see LR with TE in the between world during episode 16. 

TKEM was always well received internationally but domestically, it was criticized from details to expectations. It makes me happy to see it is being received well around the globe. What makes me more upset is that only towards the ending did viewers begin to see what TKEM was about and ratings began to go up. It’s like putting a puzzle together. When it’s still in pieces, it’s not beautiful yet. When it’s almost completed, the beauty is finally coming together but by then, only a few have decided to stay and continue working on the puzzle.

I think a lot of viewers who deemed this drama as a ‘failure’ got easily confused from the very beginning. Of course, it didn’t start with point A to point B. We had all the points scattered. At some point, viewers found this complicated and too complex to analyze. Plus, editing during first half was pretty choppy. So it didn’t feel complete in transitions. If only viewers didn’t give up so easily or jump to conclusions on this drama in the first place <_< i did write once that in a drama like this, it will either become a void or mesmerizing. I am glad it was the latter for me. 

This is the downfall of watching a drama that catches our attention so deeply. The withdrawals will last for who knows how long. I continue to listen to the Osts and watch scenes all over again. And other dramas that also have my favorites in too ;) :D

I will stay around until wednesday-thursday then i will enter long a$$ hiatus from all kdramas or k-related the only thing i will come out of hiatus for is second season. I might not come out if LMH choices another drama. Currently i am all about TKEM. I won't even watch another drama LMH is in but only TKEM :joy: 

• LOL 4

13 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I have been lurking on the shipper thread hoping for something thats how i have been coping with the withdrawal. Not active there i just lurk there from time to time 

I am re-watching my favorite scenes and reading fanfics. I particularly like the #CoreaNews in tumblr. I think it's in AO3 as well. I accidentally went to the shippers thread and thought that it was this thread up until reading 3 pages full of delulu shizz. Then I realized I was in the wrong thread. But been lurking there ever since. It's just fun reading all the posts and comments there. It's a happy place there. So now, I'm reading these two threads simultaneously. Hehehe. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

9 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I will stay around until wednesday-thursday then i will enter long a$$ hiatus from all kdramas or k-related the only thing i will come out of hiatus for is second season. I might not come out if LMH choices another drama. Currently i am all about TKEM. I won't even watch another drama LMH is in but only TKEM :joy:

noooo....does this mean, we won’t see each other anymore until who knows when too :lol: you should delurk even if it’s not TKEM. We may even see LMH as Peyha again soon :D

Spoiler

edit

OMO!!! We did it guys!! 1000 pages of TKEM!!!

:heart3::Twerkdatbutt:

oh yeah!!! We are amazing!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 10

I miss the show, and the two leads.  I've started watching KSH's new drama, and while it's good so far, it's just not the same.

I really wish LMH announces a next project soon so I have something to look forward to.  At least KGE has an upcoming movie soon.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

10 minutes ago, gwin said:

I miss the show, and the two leads.  I've started watching KSH's new drama, and while it's good so far, it's just not the same.

I really wish LMH announces a next project soon so I have something to look forward to.  At least KGE has an upcoming movie soon.

He should return with a MOVIE next and he can announce ASAP ''AS A SIDE THING'' but but but.. TKEM S2 is a must and it's critically a MUST happen. 2021 LETS GO BABY! TKEM S2

• Like 2
  • Love 3

@Wanderer062287 lol, yes @Heilo and I are both working on putting one up. I have just been lagging because I been sleeping earlier than usual lol. I am much more active here at night but lately, when I come on, it’s already 11-12am. By then, I am yawning haha. I don’t work anymore since quarantine days but man, why am I still doing so much during the day? :joy:

• LOL 4

17 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Wanderer062287 lol, yes @Heilo and I are both working on putting one up. I have just been lagging because I been sleeping earlier than usual lol. I am much more active here at night but lately, when I come on, it’s already 11-12am. By then, I am yawning haha. I don’t work anymore since quarantine days but man, why am I still doing so much during the day? :joy:

I recall @Heilo something about the poll being ready 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

noooo....does this mean, we won’t see each other anymore until who knows when too :lol: you should delurk even if it’s not TKEM. We may even see LMH as Peyha again soon :D

Reveal hidden contents

edit

OMO!!! We did it guys!! 1000 pages of TKEM!!!

:heart3::Twerkdatbutt:

oh yeah!!! We are amazing!!!

Until thursday we will be spazzing.. I will miss you guys. This place was hilarious and all the soju got me drunk because i had to buy alcohol to join the drinking and seemed to me half of the thread was drunk one way or another 

• Sad 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Until thursday we will be spazzing.. I will miss you guys. This place was hilarious and all the soju got me drunk because i had to buy alcohol to join the drinking and seemed to me half of the thread was drunk one way or another 

Hahaha. I was certainly drunk on couple of occasion while making reviews and discussing with others 

• LOL 1