[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

i wanna highlight the part when jaesuk teased somin again when she asked jk "u're never discard people right?".

After jisukjin tried to interfere wit the talked, we can heard jk said dont say anythin or they will edit this entire scene ,somethin like tats,(its even been sub), so jk want viewers to watch the teased scene btwn somin n him yaa? oh hoooo...

Sominnaa, just go to LA wit jk..n have a happy tripp both of u..

• Like 9
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

I really enjoying all process between them,eventho they not end up together.i feel cute love in silence between these two,if jaesuk not revealing what somin  thinking about jk,maybe they just hold their own feelings.i just to say thanks to jaesuk oppa so we know they fall in love each other.

only fate will unite them both we just pray for the best for them

:bashful:

• Like 11

I'm arriving late to the party, but i feel like some people are reading way too much into small things and some people are trying so hard to look for someone to blame. 

A lot of you seem to forget that this is still an actual JOB for all of them, yes they can be themselves, they are friends and all that, but at the end of the day, they have to do what it takes to get people to watch more and get better ratings. I think the whole "Let's blame the production for pushing lovelines" or "YJS and HAHA are being too pushy" type of comments are not the way to go. Yeah it might be annoying, especially as a Kookmin shipper, but at the end of the day, they do it because it's their job to create funny drama moments. KJK not liking the ship with SJH is probably what they expect to happen, so they push harder and that's what they want.

I also believe that next week, we will not having any kookmin comments from YJS (I would be surprised). To be honest I have a couple of thoeries about why he is doing it. 

• First one is that, he is simply pushing a weird love triangle and get more "drama". This will be perfect to get viewers back in and it can be funny. ( I know there is the flip side of the fans of SJH being awful to them, but i'm pretty sure they can handle it, actually, i'm 100% this is part of their life and they just try not to focus on it). 
  • Second one would be, he is testing waters for a new loveline between Somin & KJK. See how general public would react to them and their chemistery (from what i've seen, it's beyond positive) but I don't think they intend to actually make it an actual loveline. Next week, i'm sure we won't hear about it. 
  • The third one (kookmin delulu), it YJS way of telling the general public "don't be shocked if they get married or rumours about them dating, i'm warning you". It's a small way to tell people that KJK & Somin are actually close, and them being married isn't that farfetched of an idea. He did it before saying "Imagine they get married" and he is doing it again. This is like a warning, don't think what you see is what you get. 

Also, if they make it an actual loveline, I don't think it means the ship is sinking. To be honest, I would think it's the opposite. It would probably mean that things are going fast and an annoucement might happen anytime. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

I agree what I like is that we can all have different thoughts and opinions and still enjoy the forum.  I am so happy that we have new people/commenters your always welcome (as long as you support kookmin lol). 

By the way, I have enjoyed reading everyone’s thoughts/comments. Reading everyone’s thoughts helps me clarify my own opinion.  So some of things that I say, might have been said by others and thank you (you are helpful/insightful)!

@minusesyour theory/rant is really in line with my thoughts on kookmin and JSM.  I do have concerns about the way she will be treated and although she seemed embarrassed/surprised/amused. I agree that JSM doesn’t want to be pulled into a LL triangle and deal with another fan backlash by SJH supporters (JSM and SJH are closer than they were before/at least appear to be closer to cut down on her fans attacking JSM).  

Warning: Long Post Ahead!

The moment that has nagged me the most is the moment that YJS mentioned the phone call with JSM.  So I am only going to focus on that.

Dating or Not Dating (that is the question . . . sort of lol)

Spoiler

As I have said multiple times in the forum, not trying to upset anyone, but I do fall into the they are dating category (too many moments for me to ignore). That being said, I think what we are watching is a shift and they are becoming more serious about each other.  Here are my reasons for thinking this: They filmed the vlog on the 15th (where KJK first mentions "if we were lovers" sign that he could JSM as something more, and two days later (June 17th three days before the RM shoot) she is talking to YJS about how she views KJK (thinks about being married to him). Obviously, whether you think they are dating or not this conversation with YJS is amazing for our ship.  Two and half weeks ago we know that JSM could see a possibility with KJK.  That is something that few ships can claim (both people have expressed genuine interest/possibility of seeing the other person as relationship material outside any variety show). Anyway, I am very very happy!!

Some say they just have good chemistry and hope they will date.  In my head, if they aren’t dating, then isn’t JSM really getting ahead of herself by thinking about being married to JK?  I know she is a romantic (and plays a hopeless romantic on RM), but she has also said that when it comes to love/relationships she is practical (and she has given good practical advice both on variety/radio shows and outside variety shows according to people around her). So, practically speaking, talking about marrying someone “If I married JK” before you date them . . . is well . . . not very practical. 

•  When JSM talks about her personality I tend to believe her (see link to INFP results for romantic relationships https://www.16personalities.com/infp-relationships-dating).  It says although she can be a hopeless romantic that many with this personality learn to see romantic relationships realistically (based on JSM’s past experiences and her comments/conversations about love I think she is more realistic about romantic relationships).

So, shouldn’t that conversation with YJS have been about her thinking about dating JK, if they aren’t dating yet?  True, YJS said “Surprisingly, So Min imagines what it could be like if she were with you quite often”, which implies that they aren’t together but that she thinks about being with him a lot (this doesn't just have to mean dating but could mean marriage).  I wasn’t really expecting YJS to just say they were dating (in fact I wasn't expecting any of this).  That is why, I think the next thing he said is more telling. YJS said, that JSM said, “If I married JK”, then what . . . (gosh I really wish YJS finished his sentence instead of being interrupted by the LL).  “If I married JK”, just seems like a phrase used by someone dating. Thinking about being married too someone before you even started dating is a big jump. 

• Side note: In my mind, I keep picturing the episode where JSM was debating about being married to JK and that it wouldn't be easy so she picked HH. LMAO 

Anyway, JSM is really close to YJS, so maybe while they were talking she was simply telling him about how she liked spending time with JK during the vlog, thinks about what it would be like to be with him, and eventually marrying JK, but that is not what YJS said (which even if the conversation happened this way it is still great news).   Setting aside whether they are dating or not.  I found something even more interesting about this moment and it has taken me time to pinpoint why I found this discussion so weird (for lack of a better word). 

Private Chat Between Friends

Spoiler

So, this was a private phone conversation (just mentioned the two of them). If they are true friends (and I believe that YJS and JSM are really close/good friends), then your good friend/YJS wouldn’t go telling the entire nation you/JSM think about marrying your friend/co-worker, unless YJS knew that it was ok for some reason.  Remember when YJS accidentally let it slip that JSM told him something about what the other RM members were doing in a group chat, and the others got annoyed that she shared this information with YJS.  How did JSM react when YJS revealed something that she didn't want him to (basically spilled a secret)?  She scolded him for saying something and he apologized for the slip up (this instance seems minor when comparing to letting S. Korea/the world know that you think about being with/ married to KJK).  If this was a genuine slip up by YJS, then JSM would have scolded him.  Seeing how she reacted in the past I think she would have said something, or if it was a LL then play along, but instead she just laughed and said, “it’s not what you think”  (this comment could have either applied to being accused of wanting his money, she couldn’t think of what to say, or the conversation with YJS was genuinely innocent), but mostly she just laughed with her hand covering her mouth (a sign that you are shy). 

JSM’s lack of frustration/annoyance with YJS in this moment makes me think that either JSM knew YJS was going to say something, possibly didn’t care that he said something, or she was so surprised that she just couldn’t think of what to say.  It really could be any of them.  However, seeing that Yoomin acted like their normal Yoomin selves (which is kind to each other) that makes me think that she was not mad/frustrated about his comment. Heck, she gave KJK more of a stare/glare in one of the games than anything that I could see towards YJS (She didn’t even stare/glare at YJS after this all happened and instead agreed with HH about getting food). So I think it safest to say that she didn’t really care that YJS spilled the tea, and might have been surprised. So, if JSM isn’t really upset that everyone knows she likes KJK, then that this great sign for the ship.  To me it reads like she has confidence and is not ashamed of how she feels. It was obvious in this episode that she is confident/comfortable in JK's house, and she doesn’t seem to care if people associate her with JK (even with everything going on JSM liked his most recent post in IG). This lack of annoyance with YJS, and her confidence/comfort with JK are other reasons that I think they are dating.  

We all know that YJS has seen Kookmin interactions and had to wrangle them in previous episodes.  I see that happening in this episode, JSM putting on the sunglasses, when asked about the glasses she says, she found them laying around. This shows a level of comfort between her and JK by wearing his sunglasses without permission.  As soon as she answers, YJS throws in the LL to the put the brakes on kookmin.  So, in this moment where he brings up the phone call with JSM, YJS is not putting on the brakes, but putting his foot on the gas and speeding up the car, in my opinion (the opposite of what he normally does). It just doesn't make sense, because JSM was just wondering what KJK was spending his money on (she said nothing about relationships, in fact it was KJK that brought up a wife and kids).  Why bring attention to them?

I think the reason why is that YJS and Kookmin are trying to bring a little attention/get people comfortable/float the idea that they might like each other and there could be more to them.  I just can’t see YJS sharing personal/private thoughts publicly without approval and/or a good reason. If they haven’t started dating, then this action by YJS doesn’t make a lot of sense.  It will get them lots of hate, could make it awkward for them, and potentially end it before it begins.   Some people might think that he could have slipped up, but I don’t think so.  Look at his eyes before he mentions the conversation, he thought about it and looked at the staff before talking.  He intentionally said it and JSM seemed ok with it at the time, but she wasn't ok (or playing along) when YJS tried to make a triangle out of it later with the sunglasses. This tells me that a LL triangle was not his original intention when he mentioned the phone call (it was JSJ that pulled in the LL in the beginning). 

Some JSM fans believe/think that she is dating someone (but they don’t think or aren’t sure it is JK).  If JSM was dating someone else, then she would not speculate about a marriage to JK (something even more serious than dating/relationship) in a private call to YJS.  Also, YJS would not be telling people JSM thinks about being married to JK, particularly if she was with someone else (even for ratings).  If JSM was with someone else, and YJS had mentioned this conversation by accident, then he would do what he did with Kwangmin and say that he doesn’t like the idea of the two of them and it would never work. 

I am firmly in the camp that they are dating (think it is getting serious), as always it will take dating/marriage news that they are with other people or a dramatic negative change in the way they interact to convince me they aren’t dating. If this happens, then I will still adore the both of them!

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 1

20 minutes ago, Catch-22 said:

I agree that JSM doesn’t want to be pulled into a LL triangle ...

me too! waay back when JSM first joined the show she blatantly said she hates fake LLs. I think KJK also agreed with her (if not in that episode then in a different episode?). I'll try and get that clip but they were in a bus with LKS. Funny how things have changed since she doesn't mind being in one with YSC (probably because they are close friends and obviously not actually dating). Where they should be careful with LLs in my opinion is that it starts to merge with their reality a little. Like the wakeup call I believe YSC had when he said his brother even asked him about JSM. Then very briefly we hear that YSC was dating someone in future RM episodes. But I think many people brushed over it. So when the LL didn't win an award they decided to drop it but Miss Jeon picks it back up soon.

A LL triangle doesn't seem to suit JSM in my opinion. She'll rather prefer to have two guys fighting for her LOL.

@Catch-22 you raise some interesting points about the private chit-chat between JSM and YJS. I never thought about it that way before actually. From what I've gathered about JSM's personality, if she really disagrees or doesn't like something she'll keep a straight face and shake her hands. But in this case she was laughing, covering her mouth (a gesture that usually means she's embarrassed/ finds it too funny). I don't know why YJS chose to bring it up just randomly like that but I could see him thinking about it before he actually says it. My opinion is that YJS is voicing his own thoughts out loud and it became a bit of a "thing" in that episode. I mean, why did he need to tell SJH when they came back? YJS is quick witted in my opinion so he probably thought it'd be good to get SJH's (alleged) fake reaction about it. 

I personally don't think they are planning on making KJK x JSM an actual LL in the show. Maybe the Love triangle thing might pop up again at some point but don't actually think it was their intention to make them the new LL. How many times have YJS mentioned teased KJK with JSM in the past? But all those times Kookmin were not made into an official LL or anything like that, just fleeting tease-worthy moments.

16 hours ago, Ashima Mahajan said:

Yeah yeah yeah I also noticed that jk said don't say anything otherwise they will edit this part or scene. I also think now jk want to be teased with somin only he like it very much.

I have gut feeling somin will definitely go to LA with jk. And if nothing has happened between them yet then things will start to happen and if already they are in relationship it's gonna be bf gf trip together.

I low-key agree you know. Why did he not want that scene to be cut out lol? And he smiles and laughs about it. I know JSM will love to go to LA (even on her own) but I'll wait to see what happens :)

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

@kyoko22 I don’t think you are reading too much into it. From what I understand KJK wrote the lyric/composition of the song.  I just translated them into English.  Look at the last chorus . . . JK talks about the blue sky and warm sun light ( would you call that a bright sky … a.k.a. So Min) lol :bashful:. Sometimes it is so hard to call it delulu.:lol:

Kim Jong Kook, KCM "I LUV U (with Miran)" [Lyrics]

[Chorus]
Words that we know just by looking at each other's gaze
Words that are never enough 
Words that we even know without talking 
Lingering on the lips everyday, I Luv U

[Verse 1]
The moment, the time we first met,
My heart still beats fast
You know, that lovely feeling
As if we are meant to be
Like so, our first encounter started like destiny
From the moment I met you till now,
My world has been full of you

[Chorus]
Words now readable from each other's gaze

I Luv U, I Luv U
I just wanna say I Luv U

[Verse 2]
Words can't express everything
But I can say it confidently.
The happiest moment in my life 
was to meet you and love you.
Do you know that I can no longer

imagine a world without you.

[Chorus]

Words now readable from your gaze

[Verse 3]
Fallin' I'll be by your side

I can hear your voice just from your gaze

These aren't words for the moment, Forever
Yeah, yeah, I'll tell you so you don't feel lonely
On a rough day, you're my map
Tell me your happy everyday, too, baby
Stay as you are, love you more each time
Our relationship gets better

[Chorus]
More than the warm sunlight in the blue sky
and shining stars in the night sky,
To me you shine the brightest
Words only for you, I Luv U

[Outro]
I Luv u I Luv u
I just wanna say I Luv U
U the one U the one
U are the one I Luv U

Needed to add this: When someone has time could you make a kookmin YouTube video using this song? Just putting the request out there so no pressure (I would do it if I knew how/had the talent).

Edited by Catch-22
I have updated the lyrics with a better translation (now based off GJK translation).
  • Like 10
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Wiggle 1

1 hour ago, kyoko22 said:

Somin's IG story. Am I thinking too much about that sky and cloud motive for his new song?

I thought of the same thing. I mean almost every member promoted JK’s song, but SM’s 3 purple hearts before KJK’s name, the song title and the cloud background just hit different for my delulu heart. :wub::lol::rolleyes:

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Where's My Oppa? 1
  • Blob 1

I do searching the meaning of the emoji but I still don’t know what the Purple emoji really means, also my mind (aka delulu haha) is saying that it has something special about it >< :elated:

spacer.pngspacer.png

gosh! a lot of suspicious between them :coolshades:

**Any different meaning from this? I would love to read all of your thoughts**

@KookMin_sg I also had the same thought/hope yesterday when the song was released (really hope SM goes to LA)!!:D

@Fdl_nj and @Ashima Mahajan As for the heart color, you both might be on to something!  I had no idea the heart colors had different meaning ( thinks back to text messages and cringes . . . oh well . . . you learn something new everyday).  :facepalm:

After today, I think that JSM knows what the heart colors mean because she posted blue hearts (meaning friendship and loyalty) today for her colleagues/co-workers and drama.  So yeah, SM knows the meaning of the hearts (non delulu option she wanted the blue to match or her choice of heart color is the biggest coincidence ever).:lol:

Screen-Shot-2022-07-07-at-5-23-39-PM.png

• Like 8
  • Shocked 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

On 7/5/2022 at 9:29 PM, Polaris Sonata said:

i wanna highlight the part when jaesuk teased somin again when she asked jk "u're never discard people right?".

After jisukjin tried to interfere wit the talked, we can heard jk said dont say anythin or they will edit this entire scene ,somethin like tats,(its even been sub), so jk want viewers to watch the teased scene btwn somin n him yaa? oh hoooo...

Sominnaa, just go to LA wit jk..n have a happy tripp both of u..

like this

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

Rewatching the previous episode and here's my opinion. 

First of all, it was clear that YJS and RM tried their best to push the loveline between KJK and SJH (again), after SJH openly accepting the loveline, but this also makes KJK openly rejecting that loveline and wanted more to get involved with the loveline with JSM.

From what I saw, one of the reasons why KJK want to play the loveline with JSM is because their loveline was natural. KJK knew JSM is a charming and naturally cute in her own way.

SBS and RM knew that now the netizens acknowledge that Kook-min is one of the best of RM on-screen couple after Monday Couple and Kwang-min. Netizen doesn't care about Kook-min's loveline. They care about Kook-min interaction. Finally KJK fan club realizes that KJK have more fun and acting differently when he and JSM gets involved in loveline.

As casual and RM fans, it's hard for me to ignore the fact that as viewers, you definitely wants more of Kook-min.            

• Like 11
  • Love 1

@ashima mahajan rough translation: Jongkook oppa, you should film (RM) with that kind of gaze too 

Note: JK sang the song with sweet and soft eyes. So, Somin asked him to show that kind of eyes while filming too. 

Note 2: The same gaze as JK sang Just the Way You Are to Somin in the Mongdol ep in 2020.

Ep524

524-4.jpg

Edit: Another example of 'that' gaze

Ep 522

522-1.jpg

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Blob 2

At the very beginning of the episode after you see SM wave to JK (thanks @MandelBrot), 

xqqYFKk.gif

then something really interesting happens :blink:. After seeing JK, JSM comes and shakes hands with JK's friend in a very casual/friendly way (sitting next to him see gif above). You might recognize him from this famous picture. 

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-at-12-03-00-PM.pn

Sidenote: You can see him walking away, in the background, of MandelBrot's second gif on the previous page. 

Screen-Shot-2022-07-10-at-11-56-40-AM.pn

Anyway, as SM is shaking hands with him, she does not realize that they have already started filming, but then the PD Bo Pil does and stops her from shaking his hand.  Why? What is wrong with the cameras catching her greeting JK's friend so naturally?  BP's reaction is so strange.  Even if JK and SM are just friends, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with her shaking hands with someone that she has probably meet on a regular basis. Again, this confirms for me that we are not going to get to see how really close JK and SM are in the show.  

I think this is part of the reason why SM then spends the rest of this time before filming really starts talking with YSC, while JK talked with SJY. 

I wanted to point this out, but I am not the only one who noticed the moment cr jeonjeonprincess (view the entire scene at the link) https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf1p3v1AOId/.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 7
  • Blob 1

@Catch-22 i saw that too and i think the same, so weird the BP's reaction

Anyway, as SM is shaking hands with him, she does not realize that they have already started filming, but then the PD Bo Pil does and stops her from shaking his hand.  Why? What is wrong with the cameras catching her greeting JK's friend so naturally?  BP's reaction is so strange.  Even if JK and SM are just friends, then there shouldn't be anything wrong with her shaking hands with someone that she has probably meet on a regular basis. Again, this confirms for me that we are not going to get to see how really close JK and SM are in the show.  

I think this is part of the reason why SM then spends the rest of this time before filming really starts talking with YSC, while JK talked with SJY. 

I wanted to point this out, but I am not the only one who noticed the moment cr jeonjeonprincess (view the entire scene at the link) https://www.instagram.com/p/Cf1p3v1AOId/.

spacer.png

well... watching with subs... this ep (or this part) was recorded before KJK's house... 609->611->610 (i was wrong, sorry)   and the intro looks scripted

spacer.png

(next version)

06:24 talking about GJK MBTI test

--------------- Happy JSM

Spoiler

wowwwwwwwww

spacer.png

spacer.png

wowwwwwwwwwww

spacer.png

JSM: I love u

spacer.png