[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

Topic: Moments that Shows Kookmin Have a Really  Close Relationship Unlike How They Try to Portray in RM

From the MBTI video, we can establish that JK and Somin are really close. They were so comfortable with each other, their conversation were so smooth. They laughed, they smiled a lot. They kept holding eye contact. They focused on each other. But they (Kookmin, members, staff) try so hard to cover this closeness in RM. So, these are several candid moments I haven't mentioned before that show Kookmin in privacy is not the same as Kookmin in front of camera. 

Ep 613

This is the 1st scenario scene where YJS was the spy. Haha suspected JK to be the spy and tried to convince Somin about it.

Spoiler

EP-613-1.png

EP-613-2.png

EP-613-3.png

Normally, during a mission with spy, who will the members convince first about the suspect spy? JK and YJS as both have the sharpest instinct. So, for this case, the members will usually go to YJS. So, it is weird when Haha seriously tried to convince Somin that JK was the spy. To be fair, Somin doesn't have the best instinct when it comes to spy mission. Seems like Haha knows that Somin understand JK very much. So he expect her to notice any weirdness in JK's actions.

There is another scene but the situation was the other way round.

Spoiler

EP 552

EP-552-1.png

JSJ was contemplating whether he could trust Somin or not. 

EP-552-2.png

So, he asked JK whether Somin will betray him or not.

EP-552-3.png

JK said Somin will betray JSJ. Haih, once again JK failed to read Somin correctly. 

This scene shows that JSJ expect JK can understand Somin very well. In other words, JSJ knows JK and Somin is very close for JK to understand her way of thinking. This is so contradicting to how Kookmin are in front of camera. They act as if they are just a not so close oppa-dongsaeng.

Note: Rewatching this scene, I got upset with JK once again. It is hard enough for Somin to avoid penalty because she is weak, bad at games and luck usually isn't on her side. JK had no business to encourage JSJ to betray Somin like that. More often than not, JK failed to read Somin correctly. 

Somin used the 'Jongkook Oppa' card

Spoiler

Lately, Somin showed twice that she has the power to use this 'Jongkook Oppa' card when Haha teased her.

EP 604

EP-604.png

Haha teased Somin about how Somin wasn't in his top 5 list for their look. Somin was upset and asked JK to do something to Haha for her.

EP 609

EP-609.png

Haha drank half of her coffee. So, she complained to JK. Cute right?

She knows she has JK on her side and can help get back at Haha when Haha teased her. 

JSJ tried to explain his past action to JK.

Spoiler

EP 593

EP-593-1.png

Somin said, JSJ was mean to her when they first met 

Note: I can think a scene where JSJ was quite mean to Somin then.

EP-593-2.png

JSJ: Jongkook ah, you know me

JK: I do

JSJ: It takes time for me to become friends with others.

Note: JSJ tried to explain his action to Somin to JK as if JK is Somin's bf and JSJ didn't want JK misunderstood him. 

Staff used JK as an example for Somin's mission's question.

Spoiler

EP 594

The mission was, members had to raise 'Admit' to the situation given by the staff. Only then their team can get a point. 

EP-594.png

Question: If Jongkook were younger than me, I would've taught him a lesson.

If the staff ask this question to any member member who is younger than JK, they will immediately said 'Admit'. They won't let go the opportunity to use the age card to get back at JK. 

But this question is suppose to make Somin very reluctant to admit it. Why do you think Staff will think this question can make Somin to contemplate? If JK is just an oppa, this question is an easy point for Somin's team. Because JK is not a mere Oppa to her. So, staff expect if Somin is older than JK, she couldn't bear to teach him a lesson. Therefore, Somin will raise the NO ADMIT. But Somin proved it otherwise as she raised ADMIT without any hesitation :joy:

• Like 12
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 6

On 7/24/2022 at 11:00 PM, Nerdyo2266 said:

Episode 613

:fullofhearts:

Reveal hidden contents

PD: Find the similarity between a person & object selected

Person : Somin

Object : Cup noodle

Jongkook answer: They get incensed

Somin: Hot (smug smile)

Jongkook: I was going to write that

wow, somin is hot for kjk :P

Edited by ferily
Please don’t quote images or gifs. Thanks!
  • Like 10

so he did want to write "hot" but unable to do that bcause others might condemn him. 

oh hoo...thats why sometimes he looks uneasy whenever theres some male guest and somin try to get close..because he think this woman, in his eyes is a Hot woman.. in ep 507 with do sang woo. during part choosing team, he obviously wanna go straight to somin team as his eyes keep on that team, but he had to stay cool n calm on-cam.(Delulu: his face looks really stress, wanna cry n worried to let her with sang woo..hahaha..pardon me).

tbh, i did think somin n sang woo look match as a couple at tht time.

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

I just love the drama that happened between Kookmin when Somin suspected JK was the spy for the last part. This post to give you the clear view what actually happen and appreciate this scene more. 

Background story:

When JSJ accused JK first, but JK tried as hard as he can to prove he was not the spy. But once Somin also suspected him, he easily agreed to be put on trial, so that he can get back at Somin when the real spy got reveal.

Spoiler

613-1.png

Somin: Let's just go with Jongkook Oppa.

613-2.png

JK: Hang on. At this moment...

Haha: I tried really hard.

JK: I'll go then.

JSJ: Okay. You go.

JK: You (Somin) will be embarrassed.

JSJ: It's Jongkook.

613-3.png

JK: It's Somin who pointed me out last. All right. Ring the bell.

Note: What he meant is, when the culprit got reveal, they lost and it was Somin's fault as she was the one who pointed him out last.

613-4.png

Somin: Look at him. *complained to the staff*

JK: Aigoo...

JK: She's really...

YJS: It's not Jongkook.

After the spy got reveal

613-5.png

JK hugged YJS and moved to the back and talked to Somin.

613-6.png

JK: Na aniya, IMMA! (It's not me, you brat!)

Note: You can hear JK's voice but no subtitle included. Somin looked at him while laughing. Yup, she was wrong :joy:

ud1eU4I.gif

And it led to this scene. 

Credit: @MandelBrot

It started as the members tried to find the culprit. JK also became one of the suspect. JK tried very hard to prove that he was innocent. At the moment Somin also accused him, he readily agreed to go on trial so that Somin will embarrass later on for accusing him wrongly. The scene suddenly became a personal thing between him and Somin.

• Like 14
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

20 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

wow, somin is hot for kjk :P

Which I believe is his genuine thought..after all, KJK never makes fun of her appearance before or says she is ugly even in a joking manner (correct me if I'm wrong..I only remember he makes fun of her wide forehead & outfit but never say any demeaning sentence about her face). I don't blame other members though (typical older brothers mean jokes) but it's really sweet how he always says she's pretty/cute and now hot even..  

spacer.png

spacer.png

Bonus point. Remember even the staffs who usually kept quiet in the background didn't miss to compliment her. She's really is loved not just among the casts but also the production crews. ^^

spacer.png

• Like 1

KJK surely see JSM hot and sexy

He always react to her hot and sexy actions,

520-1.jpg

sometimes he shows irritation,

549-4.jpg

for some reason he hide his eyes  :D

584-2.jpg

Ep. 549 with Brave girl

Spoiler

549-1.jpg

549-3.jpg

549-5.jpg

Ep. 579 street dance

Spoiler

579-1.jpg

579-2.jpg

579-3.jpg

579-5.jpg

579-8.jpg

Ep. 583 he praises Somin all the time

Spoiler

583-1.jpg

583-2.jpg

583-3.jpg

Ep. 584 what with the lips?

Spoiler

584-3.jpg

584-4.jpg

584-5.jpg

He’s also unconsciously found her forehead sexy :D

Ep. 224 , seem like they have good chemistry since the first time they met, their banter is hilarious.

Spoiler

224-1.jpg

224-2.jpg

224-3.jpg

224-4.jpg

Somin is so charming. She has sexy brain, she’s a song writer, a poet. I like how KJK always shown his appreciation to her talents. Sing her song, promote her book, ask her to write poem for him.

Spoiler

confession-of-love.jpg

490-1.jpg

494-1.jpg

533-2.jpg

533-3.jpg

Not relating to KookMin, just wanted to add since members mentioned Somin got insider information from production staff. We all know that Somin is very friendly person, she has close relationship with production staffs of every projects she work with. It was shown in GJK as well she even discuss about love relationship with her PD.

Spoiler

I found Jee Seokjin World youtube channel where JSM phone in to be consultant to the audiences. It’s funny to me because the 2 weakest members of RM who get most criticize in social network are encouraging to the person who needed. After finished the clip I realized they are actually the strongest person who sacrifice themselves to be criticize for the sake of entertainment rating.

JSJ-staff-1.jpg

Strong Sominnie

JSJ-1.jpg

JSJ-4.jpg

JSJ-5.jpg

JSM started at 4:20, 7:50, 8:58

I really want to write about something. 2 somethings actually. But these topics contains half fact half assumption. So, i worry if this will mislead you into thinking it is 100% true and give you hope. So, i want to ask for your opinion. Should I write this?

• Like 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 3

To be honest, hot is a rare compliment for JSM because she's usually associated with cute, charming, cheesy etc so for KJK even thought of describing hot as her similarity to cup noodle is something worth to consider :relieved:

*this is unrelated but actually when I watched that episode, my brain-fart moment answered 'delicious' but then realize how wrong it sound LOL so my guess that time is 'loved by many' (similarity between JSM & cup noodle)

unrelated to kookmin but I do think the members unconsciously underestimate how sexy & hot she can be thus the reason they often caught off guard when she's determine to show it (ex: her character in show window as seductress, her photograph & previously even her co-star drop his jaw when she dance to Fifth Harmony song)

Spoiler

Episode 367

spacer.png

JSM Professional Photoshoot

spacer.png

Her character in RM gives such huge impact to audience that people forget she do have her sexy charisma. Go get the tiger girl!! :evilelmo:

Topic: JK's Denmark Trip

DISCLAIMER: The narrative part is just my assumption.  I see Kookmin as dating couple, so the explanation for this post make sense  to me. So, what I write on the narrative part is what I think that really suit to the situation.

MUD-198.jpg

In summer 2020 (MUD 198), JK said this to JSJ. "When I go to some place nice, I always think of her." And JSJ just answered calmly, "Really?"

Coincident or not, Somin said exactly the same thing during her interview with ELLE Korea in 2021. I mean, just how miracle for JK's love experience is literally similar to what Somin's man did for her.

ELLE-Korea-1.png

ELLE-Korea-2.png

Somin: If he goes somewhere nice or eats something delicious, and the first thing he thinks about is me. Then you know he's thinking about me 24/7. I'm all he thinks about whatever he does. Okay! He's all in!

Spoiler

24th May 

JK arrived 2 days later than the rest of the cast. This news article summarized the first day of JK's arrival to Denmark.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001482173

Screenshot-2022-07-29-10-06-08-15-40deb4

'KJK pointed to a building in the city center and said "There are chairs on every balcony", and showed his wonder when he saw a culture different from that of Korea. In the end, he surprised everyone by saying, "I wish I could come here with my girlfriend"'

JK literally demonstrated what he said in MUD 198. When he goes to somewhere nice (in this case, Denmark), he always think about her (I wish I could come here with my girlfriend). And it also the same as Somin said, when her man goes to somewhere nice, the FIRST thing that he thinks is about her (JK just arrived and while admiring this first view of Denmark, he thought about his GF).

25th May

Screenshot-20220525-183645-Instagram.jpg

JK posted the first IG story of the sky. 

27th May 

Screenshot-20220527-002028-Instagram.jpg

2nd bring sky IG story. In RM ep 495, Somin explained that SOMIN means Bright Sky.

My narrative: This is the first time they were apart thousand miles away after being together. Trying to look from his perspective, naturally he would miss her. Of course in their home country, they will not meet everyday, but separated by thousand miles  will  just give different feeling, especially this is the first time being apart.  I think these 2 bright sky photos were his way to express that feeling. 

Then, he had tight schedule to finish filming around Denmark within 10 days. I bet this tight schedule, time difference between SK and Denmark and difficulty to find the free time for both of them (as Somin still busy filming her drama) just made him miss her more and more.

7th July

The cast members and staff had a press conference. You can watch this video on kookie_me2 IG account dated 7th July. One part that really caught my attention. There is no subtitle, so I will give you the rough translation. The MC asked JK to describe about the trip. First, JK complimented the country. The country is very beautiful so on and so. He further explained, probably, because of short time, so many place to go, to many things to shoot, the schedule was very tight.

"(because of this) as a South Korean people, I really want to go back home asap was what I feel (?) then. I like to go on vacation, but (at that time) I  just wanted to hurry and go home." - JK

My narrative: When I first watched the press conference, I was quite surprise. The variety show is about travelling to foreign country to promotes K-culture there. And here he was, saying he really wanted to go home while filming there :joy:. But the fact that he said this means he really wanted to hurry and go home. Of course the bias-Kookmin-fan me thought that he wanted to go home ASAP because he missed her.  I mean, not that he never experience tight work schedule before. He is in music and entertainment industry for more that 2 decades already. So, what so different for this work compare to his previous works.

And then, today, the preview for upcoming episode came out. On the very first day there, he already wished he can go there with his GF.  Few days after, he posted IG stories of bright sky, as if he missed her. Then, at the press con, he literally said he wanted to hurry and go home while he filmed there. This just solidify my assumption. HE MISSED HER AND JUST WANTED TO HURRY AND GO HOME.

But an assumption is still an assumption. That is why I contemplating whether to write this or not. All the parts that I attached with proofs are fact, just the narrative parts are my assumption. I think this post is really nice for us as a kookmin fan but don't take everything as a fact and 100% true. 

• Like 13
  • Insightful 4
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, kyoko22 said:

In the end, he surprised everyone by saying, "I wish I could come here with my girlfriend"'

When he's said that i think he's already have girlfriend,because his word is "my girlfriend" not "if i have girlfriend", you know what i mean 

Example when somin said in eps 433

https://imgur.com/gallery/ZSnUEdU

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Ok so I have some facts and assumptions as well. 

First to what @kyoko22 mentioned, I agree with your assumptions, and I also think they are dating.  Of course, this is all based on assuming the article is true to what happened in the show.  I will be watching this episode to see if this was him talking about a hypothetical gf or a real gf.  The article makes it seem like it is a real person. However, after reading some recent articles about SM (that were unkind), I am less likely to believe anything in entertainment news.  This could be just to drum up ratings for the show.  Like you, I try to approach things with facts/logic.  So, I will probably be more sure after Monday when subs are up.   

This all being said, if the article is accurate and JK did talk about his real gf, then that is exciting news.  It make sense why JK has been even more upset with the LL recently.  It also makes some of his other actions towards SM even more suspicious.  

Facts/What we know is: JK does favors/requests for SM like shooting a vlog with her brother, JK wanted SM to come to LA, JK does not want to use SM as smoke screen, his mom will be in LA, SM recently told YJS that she has thought of marrying JK, JK still compliments SM on RM often and tries to protect her, and they are not in a LL. 

So, I like to use hypotheticals because it can put things into perspective. Let's say that JK is not dating SM, and he is seeing someone else in Korea.  How would all of these facts make his secret gf feel? JK has done all of this for another woman/SM, which he is not in LL with. I feel the answer is obvious, but I will say it anyway, this gf would probably be annoyed at the least but realistically angry.  

So now the question is, do you think that JK is the kind of person that would do this to a secret gf or SM? Would SM keep touching a guy that is seeing someone else, or would she want to come to LA with JK, his mom, and this hypothetical secret gf (because most likely JK would want his gf to come with him after two years of not traveling)? Would a secret gf what another woman on that trip (with or without her)?

Realistically, the answer is no to these questions. JK and SM are not these kind of people. JK has repeatedly shown that he will not misled women, if he is in a relationship with someone (he shuts down LL's and other stuff).  Even HH mentioned it in MUD, how JK will reject women who are celebrities when he is dating.  SM has been cheated on in a previous relationship and that scandal went public (she would not do this to another woman). Also, JK would not let SM be a smokescreen for a secret gf.  

In my mind, there are only two real options, either the article is over stating things/did not happen this way, or the gf is SM.  I do have something else I want to share from a couple of weeks ago (more facts and assumptions), but I will put that in a separate post. 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 2

@Catch-22 Imagine this so called secret GF watch the MBTI video. Especially the part JK gave the example Somin rip off somebody's name tag and mess up the whole mission. JK held eye contact and focused on her face the whole time while covering his lips. Gosh, I still have goosebumps every time I watch that part. Any GF would definitely jealous if she sees her man looks at other woman like that. But the thing is, JK is not that kind of man. He said he will cherish his GF. When he said he will cherish her, he will. He will not hold such a long eye contact with other woman if he has a GF.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

So a couple weeks ago, we got this image with this caption "is there any exercise you don't do? "

vidma-recorder-15072022-161508.jpg

I know that some of you probably made the connection, but I want to put it in the forum to remember in the future. This was the day that JK released his pilates video.  I have thoughts below about this in the spoiler. 

Spoiler

In the video it is explained by the instructor what you need to wear in pilates. 

Screen-Shot-2022-07-29-at-9-13-31-AM.png
Screen-Shot-2022-07-29-at-9-13-56-AM.png

If you look at the image from SM, this is not the type of thing SM will usually wears going out. These are tight fitting workout clothes. She has a scrunchy to put her hair up, and you can see/notice that she is not wearing sneakers (looks like sandals and maybe toeless socks). To me this is a pilates outfit. I've noticed, as well as other people, that SM has lost weight, but has muscle and seems to be stronger. This is the benefit of pilates, as a work out, it makes you stronger but have a leaner/dancers body. 

She was asking that question to JK, I am also certain .  Who else would SM being following and following her that is known for doing a bunch of different exercises, posted something that day about a new type of of exercise they tried, and has the coincidence of being the same exercise type of exercise it looks like SM is going to do (based on her pilates outfit)? Still, I guess I have to classify it as an assumption. I wonder if JK picked pilates as a vlog topic because of SM?  :hwaiting2: 

@kyoko22 It is like you are reading my mind!! I read some more articles on body language after the vlog came out, because I caught something which made me intrigued. So, I then rewatched the vlog at .25 speed and I was right/not seeing things. One of the things that I read about body language, is that when men are interested in women (really when anyone is interested in anyone, but it is happen a lot in men)then they will lick their lips.  Not in a creepy way, but in a really quick way.  The reason is that, when people are interested in someone they produce more saliva. So, they swallow more, and they will press their lips and/or lick their lips. This is human response that can't be helped and it happens naturally.  As I said earlier, it usually happens so quickly that people don't notice.  Anyway, if you watch the vlog at a slower speed you will see JK swallowing a lot, pressing his lips, and licking his lips (even before the food comes). It also happens when they talk about their compatibility. Another thing that people do when they are interested in someone is looking from a person's eyes to their nose and mouth.  JK also does this at least once, but it is harder to track his eye moments. SM also does other things that show interest in JK, besides the touching him, looking at him, and facing her body towards him.  She plays with her straw (usually women will play with napkins, bottles, and straws subconsciously when they like someone) and she also drew attention to her shoulders (another thing that women tend to do).  Again, when we like to talk facts, well body language does not lie!

• Like 10
  • Insightful 2
  • Wiggle 2

Nice catch @kyoko22 @Catch-22  :fullofhearts:

I love to read your insightful analysis, these supportive incidences make me even more convincing that the secret GF might be her.  (disclaimer, just my personal perspective :D )    

It seems that KJK imply about his GF quite often recently. Especially in GJK. Like when he told his nieces what he will do when he go shopping with his GF, or what he prefer when his lady wear sexy cloth, or when he mentioned his GF when one of the guest talking about movie, and when he said that it’s not that he can’t get married but it’s that he doesn’t get married. Which we are assuming that he might be dating someone right now. ( In 2021 ,Ep. 543, they debated about can KJK get married in 3 years. Now we have 2 years to go for his milestone.)

With this assumption that he already has GF and if this person is not Somin. How , in GJK MBTI ep. , he could made an example like “if He and Somin are the lovers” ?  I mean, it seems to me that KJK is a loyal BF and honoring his GF. How could he made that flirting statement with other lady? Would his GF be ok if she watched that clip? He might have a hard time to explain her why he made such a flirting example to other woman :D

The Denmark Sky ig post, why only the photo of building roof and cloudless bright sky? Since Denmark has very stunning architecture and beautiful street. if we try not to be delusional, we might think that there are a lot of girls name Blue Sky, Sunshine, or Bright sky in S. Korea and normally people like to take photo of beautiful sky. But, what make our radar point to JSM who is the Bright sky is because of that coincidence statement “When he goes to some place nice he will always think of her” and this ig. post and what he said in the show imply that he’s thinking about his special one.

Same to her ig. post, that her outfit can be for Yoga or Ball exercise. But, why is she coincidentally post on the same date of GJK pilates ep. ? Which made our radar point to her again. Thank you @Catch-22 for pointing this out.

There are many moments I would like to make compilation of how I see they are special for each other. Even if it will turn out that they are not real, but, I’m still very happy to witness their beautiful relationship.  

Spoiler

The questionable incidences like why he choose to do MBTI episode with her? We knew he wanted to support her new series, but why it didn’t happen with the Show Window which air in the less popular channel? If the purpose is just promote the series why don’t just do exercise as usual? What the need of doing MBTI? What made he believes in this sexy brain lady that she can carry the boring MBTI assessment in a very entertaining way and highlight their chemistry too the max? I love his admiration to her talents and I believe I can watch their clip for two and a half hours without skipping.

After ep. 610, I relieved that there is no more KookMin teasing for love triangle in the following 3 episodes. which make KookMin moments in ep. 610 more genuine not just for creating drama for the show. I’m curious why don’t RM crews take this opportunity to highlight their main LL so that they will get highest rating again like the Daesang episode. In stead of highlight the lead LL they show KookMin natural interaction which mostly got edited out in previous ep. and even give more KookMin moments when HH and JH do mission out side.

My post is too long already. I will make another post for more compilation of how I see their beautiful moments of ep. 610 and following ep. , GJK MBTI, how JSM cover her shyness when she got teased with KJK, what sweet moments we often caught them unintentionally since they are not official LL and non-shipper highlighted them as a national siblings.

Edited by Bluelagoon246

1 hour ago, Bluelagoon246 said:

The questionable incidences like why he choose to do MBTI episode with her?

This. And the fact that he allowed PD to check their compatibility. And he also seemed curious about it. When PD announced the result of compatibility, you can see that JK was waiting for it. After observing him for couple of years, he won't even entertain the idea of checking the compatibility with Somin if she is just a dongsaeng. He always strict with this boundary. And yet there he was, listened quietly for the result. Where is the angry face? Where is the rising voice? Where is the "hajima!!!"?

And after the result revealed, they didn't make it into funny moment or move on to closing the video. Instead he linked himself and Somin in that 'if they are lover...' That is so not JK! 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 2

Ep 614

1. Everyone already gathered during opening except for JK. He came late and so obvious he wanted to stand next to Somin. The gap between Somin and YJS was small. He kinda slipped himself in between.

2. Somin was waiting for YJS in front of a cafe. People gathered and watched. Somin talked with them and clarify herself. "YSC and I are not dating. Please don't misunderstand. JH unnie and JK oppa also not related"

Dopojarak 

Kim Jong-guk said, "Honestly, I am. It's so pretty in a place like this, I wish I could come with my girlfriend. The woman I love. With my wife."

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001483064

• Like 12
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2