• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Thanks for all the updates for CLOY, I always check the ratings of CLOY in imdb etc, just makes my heart flutter when I see their ratings increasing continuously :glee:

Has anyone seen the interview of the Director? I’m not sure but somehow it’s a post CLOY interview by a Japan newspaper? I’m trying to find the said interview. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just finished watching this recently. Overall it was an excellent drama, by turns humorous, heart-warming and touching. The friendships FL forged in N Korea were portrayed very well. The pacing in the last episode was a bit slow for me. I guess I just wished the OTP could have more screen time together.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, cloyfever said:

@elizza no worries, yeah, story is a bit mild and characters are a bit younger too. I'm currently at Episode 11 or 12 where the dark past has been revealed. Yeah not sure how the rest of the Episode will progress. Let's see. :)

Oh, I was quite drawn to the mystery at the beginning of WWWSK. I went on to read the manga and discovered the drama followed it quite closely. The leads were perfect in their roles. The story only started to drag for me when the only thing left for them to do was hold the wedding.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, Jbelr said:

Has anyone seen the interview of the Director? I’m not sure but somehow it’s a post CLOY interview by a Japan newspaper? I’m trying to find the said interview. 

Saw this on twitter:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 3

1 hour ago, bluehibiscus said:

Just finished watching this recently. Overall it was an excellent drama, by turns humorous, heart-warming and touching. The friendships FL forged in N Korea were portrayed very well. The pacing in the last episode was a bit slow for me. I guess I just wished the OTP could have more screen time together.

Yes it is an  excellent drama and I don't think I will get to witness another one in a while..

Nowadays I do like watching other dramas but the satisfaction that CLOY gave me was on another level..

Regarding the last episode..aahh..yess ..Me too wanted lots of OTP moments with them just being  happy together ...no danger..no separation..but ..sigh!! Only few minutes for the swiss-reuninon and we had a CF like epilogue which was too sweet.

I guess this was one of the main reason why it managed to sustain people's attention to the last moment..Just as you mentioned in the case of WWSK, when only the wedding part was left, it became boring..I often have this problem with rom-coms  that when majority of the hurdles are crossed and the OTP are in the happily ever after phase for too long doing nothing but lots of couple-y things..I start losing interest..And CLOY was always exciting with lots of thrilling and unpredictable moments till the end..

Lol!! However RiRi couple is an exception to my rule..I can watch an entire drama with just the two of them doing mundane day to day things that a normal couple do..:tounge_wink:

HB and SYJ is a treat to watch..after all. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, eLizza said:

Regarding the last episode..aahh..yess ..Me too wanted lots of OTP moments with them just being  happy together ...no danger..no separation..but ..sigh!! Only few minutes for the swiss-reuninon and we had a CF like epilogue which was too sweet.

Lol!! However RiRi couple is an exception to my rule..I can watch an entire drama with just the two of them doing mundane day to day things that a normal couple do..:tounge_wink:

HB and SYJ is a treat to watch..after all. 

I feel like RJH was a bit too reserved at the long-awaited paragliding reunion. Would have preferred some raw emotion like when RJH stepped over the boundary when sending SE back to S Korea. The epilogue, while poster-perfect (I love the stills from that scene), also lacks somewhat in this aspect.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bluehibiscus said:

I feel like RJH was a bit too reserved at the long-awaited paragliding reunion. Would have preferred some raw emotion like when RJH stepped over the boundary when sending SE back to S Korea. The epilogue, while poster-perfect (I love the stills from that scene), also lacks somewhat in this aspect.

Hmm interesting observation..

I would like to share my p.o.v on these scenes.

Regarding paragliding reunion scene I interpret it a bit differently..and I guess it aligns with his character.. Remember he always gives Seri the first preference and used to ask her to move on in her life ..So when he was standing still at the paragliding scene with Se-ri running towards him ,maybe at first he wanted to make sure if he was still welcomed in her life.. Didn't Seri once asked him to do nothing in episode I guess 11.

Even when he reached Cheongdamdom in SK after spending 20hrs in that tunnel, he didn't make the first move but instead Seri was the one who hugged him first and assured him that she was waiting for him..

I know it doesn't makes much sense but this was what I felt..

As for the CF like epilogue..I guess they did a time skip and RJH may have shed off his reserved persona after finally finding his happiness and boom they lived together leaving it to our imaginations..

As for that raw emotion in the one step closer scene..I felt that for RJH, it was last time he was seeing Se-ri thus he gave in to his feelings just like that hospital scene in Sariwon when he was overwhelmed by her gesture ..

PS: Another factor could be that the Switzerland scenes were shot first so maybe they were not that much into the character..It disturbs the flow actually if the ending is shot first.

Btw..you are welcome to share ur thoughts good or bad..:)

• Like 4
  • Rickroll'D 1

Just posting this review on CLOY. It's a podcast series led by Eric Nam. He is a singer, but also worked as an MC for shows, and was an interviewer in Korea for section TV around 6 years ago (he mentions this) and interviewed a lot of Korean and American celebrities. He started this series called "Commit or Quit," during the quarantine where he watches 2 episodes of a K-drama and either commits to it or quits it. This one is on Crash Landing On You and was posted last month on June 15, 2020. FYI, all three of them are not regular K-drama watchers, and you can tell! They also go on a lot of tangents. Hahaha.

Basically, all 3 of them decide to commit to watch the drama! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, eLizza said:

Hmm interesting observation..

I would like to share my p.o.v on these scenes.

Regarding paragliding reunion scene I interpret it a bit differently..and I guess it aligns with his character.. Remember he always gives Seri the first preference and used to ask her to move on in her life ..So when he was standing still at the paragliding scene with Se-ri running towards him ,maybe at first he wanted to make sure if he was still welcomed in her life.. Didn't Seri once asked him to do nothing in episode I guess 11.

Even when he reached Cheongdamdom in SK after spending 20hrs in that tunnel, he didn't make the first move but instead Seri was the one who hugged him first and assured him that she was waiting for him..

I know it doesn't makes much sense but this was what I felt..

As for the CF like epilogue..I guess they did a time skip and RJH may have shed off his reserved persona after finally finding his happiness and boom they lived together leaving it to our imaginations..

As for that raw emotion in the one step closer scene..I felt that for RJH, it was last time he was seeing Se-ri thus he gave in to his feelings just like that hospital scene in Sariwon when he was overwhelmed by her gesture ..

PS: Another factor could be that the Switzerland scenes were shot first so maybe they were not that much into the character..It disturbs the flow actually if the ending is shot first.

Btw..you are welcome to share ur thoughts good or bad..:)

I’m fine with Seri hugging him first as she has always been the more impulsive and exuberant one and he has always tried to restrain his feelings for her own good before giving in. I am referring more to how he looked at her and reacted. At the point of the paragliding reunion scene, their love had matured a lot more compared to when he crawled through the tunnel so i was expecting a bit more. After all, he was the one who suggested that they try to meet again in Switzerland. Maybe we could have got a bit more into the effort he made to get there to meet her even if he’s not the type who would talk about it. As you pointed out, they shot the Switzerland scenes first so he may not be fully into the character yet or the director had a different interpretation of the scene.

• Like 5

@celest1al  Thanks so much for posting that video review here! It was first posted on youtube in June '20 so this means CLOY is still being talked about in US till then. Good run for the drama in the States.

@bluehibiscus Welcome to CLOY thread! Glad to see new posts in here. Happy to see another happy audience for the drama. I think the finale episode was in a way to cater to fans love for the show. It was super long, and took time to wrap up a lot of the different characters storyline. I am happy to see how the writer and director gave enough time for the NK F4 soldiers, Manbok, the NK ahjummas, SD, and even YSR's family. But you are right, there could have been more of the OTP interactions which all of us love the most. And the last reunion scene, Captain Ri was probably a little bit too cool LOL!! I wish they showed him looking for her too, and some backstory of how he got to Switzerland finally. Then he can all cool at the end cuz we would have seen the efforts he put into earlier. But I guess the writer/ director is telling the story from YSR's perspective, and not RJH. Its similar to the writer's previous work My Love From Another Star, where the male lead was also more of a mystery and we mainly see the story from the female lead's POV.

As for the epilogue ending scene, I actually love it a lot. This was probably the 2nd or 3rd year that the couple reunited in Switzerland, so by then they are like a married couple and just enjoying each other's company. Being the stoic guy he is, I don't think RJH will suddenly become overly emotional. Only during dangerous time or final farewells that he reacts that way.

Interesting discussion about WWSK. I enjoyed this drama a lot too, and watched it 2X. But agree that once the couple got together, the plot became a bit draggy and the storyline was not as sharp. Nevertheless the OTP chemistry was great there!

@Dee.84  Thanks so much for posting the translation of PD-nim interview with the Japanese media! Here's a bigger picture of his replies. I love all the details they went into to create the stories, the characters and also the NK village. Also LOVE the part where the PDnim purposely recruited the 2 Parasite's actors for the show! Brilliant move! They were 2 of my most fav characters in the show. It displayed their humor vs their intense roles in Parasite.

EdLSpgmVcAA7UCw?format=jpg&name=medium

• Like 1
  • Awesome 3

@Dee.84 thanks for those info..

Btw isn't it amazing that despite having 6 of its episodes being aired in 2019, CLOY still managed to rank so high in that no. of viewers list for 2020 first half..:coolshades:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1

This person is based on LA and a member of Television Critics association (I had to use google to know what it is ... lol!! )..

Inspired by Bong Joon Ho's one inch barrier comment ,decided to embark on the journey of kdramas..This is what she had to say about CLOY..

CLOY domination indeed...And FYI ..she is a professional critic...A tight slap to those who say that CLOY is all about lead actors' romance whereas the writing and directing were not extraordinary.

PS: You can read the full thread on twitter.

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Rickroll'D 1

CLOY being the most popular internet drama of first half of  2020 ...Apart from breaking TVN's record...people were heavily engaged in CLOY related discussions in internet..

The difference between CLOY and the other two dramas is hugggeee.. Imagine if the first 6 episodes of CLOY that aired in 2019 also included in this survey!!!

http://enewstoday.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=1403650…

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

I really miss CLOY. I'm sad I didn't discover the show until it was airing its final 2 episodes and missed out on the vibrant discussions here. I'm slowly making my way through the thread, currently on page 178!!!

I've signed up for a reddit account, so I can talk about the show with people who are just now discovering the show. :D

https://www.reddit.com/r/CrashLandingOnYou/

• Like 2

After 450+ pages of comments, I have nothing particularly new or insightful to add... BUT, this is the first drama my husband watched with me, and after the tunnel episode he kind of sighed despondently and said, "well, this guy sure makes all other men look like crap...!" :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

On 7/19/2020 at 11:11 PM, Dee.84 said:

Saw this on twitter:

Oh thanks! Saw that too, I just thought there’s a longer one and I hope there is.  Any updates on Seoul Drama awards, I’m still hopeful for them to get an award.