[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

7100-A2-C1-A986-4-E3-D-9-BAF-294-D0-B865

Min Woo-hyuk, Lee Kyu-hyung, Lee Jang-woo, and Hyun Bin are no less... Musical 'Crash Landing on You'

2022.07.21 09:30

NISI20220721_0001046681_web_202207210921

Musical 'Crash Landing on You' profile picture released for Ri Jeong-hyeok and Yoon Se-Ri

NISI20220721_0001046682_web_202207210922

Musical 'Crash Landing on You' profile picture released for Gu Seung-jun, Seo Dan and Cho Cheol-gang  

[Newsis]

The musical 'Crash Landing on You', which opens in September, has released the profile picture of the lead actor. 

Min Woo-hyuk, Lee Kyu-hyung, and Lee Jang-woo will transform into Ri Jeong-hyeok wearing North Korean military uniforms and show off the charm of three people. In the role of Ri Jeong-hyuk, who falls in love after meeting Se-ri Yoon, who crash-landed them, they show deep eyes and a soft atmosphere, while also showing a charismatic figure. 

Lim Hye-young, Kim Ryeo-won, and Na Hana, who play the role of Yoon Se-ri, the youngest daughter of one of Korea's leading conglomerates, who crash-landed in North Korea, expressed their characters with their own individuality, each with a dignified and elegant look.

Tay portrayed Koo Seung-jun, a businessman who almost married Yoon Se-ri, with a story behind him. Lee Yi-kyung and Han Seung-yoon, who play the same role, add to the affectionate atmosphere. Song Joo-hee, Kim I-hoo, and Yoo Yeon-jeong (WJSN) also transformed into Seo Dan, the only daughter of the president of a top-notch department store in Pyongyang and the fiancee of Jeong Hyuk. Heo Gyu and Ahn Se-ha will play the role of Cho Cheol-gang, a lieutenant general of the Security Bureau of the Ministry of People's Armed Forces. 

'Crash Landing on You' is based on the TVNdrama of the same name, which recorded the highest viewer ratings ever. It depicts the love story of Yoon Se-ri, the heiress of a conglomerate who crash-landed in North Korea due to her paragliding accident with a gust of wind one day, and Lee Jeong-hyeok, a North Korean officer who falls in love with her while hiding and protecting her.

SOURCE

"I went to Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin"... 'Popularity explosion' even with more buses due to crowds of tourists

Switzerland Iseltwald 'Popularity' in the drama 'Crash Landing on You'

0004079155_001_20220722101301043.jpg?typ

0004727607_001_20220722081401075.jpg?typ

The Swiss lake town, which appeared in the tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You', is attracting attention as a tourist destination. Post Auto, a Swiss intercity bus company, announced on the 

21st (local time) that it will operate bus number 103 from the 23rd to the 28th of next month . The reason for the increase is the popularity of Iseltwald, the filming location of the drama 'Crash Landing on You' included in the route. Bus No. 103 runs between Bönigen and Iseltwald, a lakeside town in the Interlaken-Oberhasli district of Bern, Switzerland, where Iseltwald appears in the main scene of 'Crash Landing on You'. In the play, it is the place where North Korean officer Jeong-hyeok Lee (Hyun Bin) plays the piano while remembering his older brother while studying in Switzerland, and the place where South Korean conglomerate Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) accidentally hears Jeong-hyeok Lee while traveling in Switzerland is the Iseltwald. All.

AKR20220721175000088_02_i_P4_20220721212

A view of Iseltwald provided by Post Auto / Photo = Yonhap News

The bus company also promoted it by mentioning the 'crash landing of love' directly in the press release. Although tourists are flocking to Interlaken, Switzerland's representative tourist destination, Post Auto explains that Iseltwald has begun to attract attention due to the influence of Korean dramas. 

Post Auto said, "A lot of Korean customers who want to visit Iseltwald appearing in the drama are on bus 103. Swiss people and guests from other countries also want to come here for day trips," he said.

SOURCE

Swiss lake village popular in the drama 'Crash Landing on You'... bus increase

2022.07.21. 19:57 pm

[Geneva = Yonhap News | Correspondent Ahn Hee]

The lake town in Switzerland, which was one of the filming locations for the K- drama 'Crash Landing on You' , which aired from 2919 to 2020 , is attracting tourists thanks to the popularity of this drama. On the 21st (local time), a notice was posted on the website of Post Auto, a Swiss intercity bus company, saying that bus number 103 will be operated from the 23rd to the 28th of next month .

AKR20220721175000088_01_i_P4_20220721212

The bus runs between Bönigen and Iseltwald, a lakeside town in the Interlaken-Oberhasli district of Bern, Switzerland. 

Iseltwald appears in 'Crash Landing on You' as a place where the male protagonist, North Korean officer Jeong-hyeok Lee, plays the piano, remembering his older brother while studying in Switzerland. It is also the place where the female lead, Se-ri Yoon, the youngest daughter of a South Korean conglomerate, happened to hear Jeong-hyeok Ri playing while traveling in Switzerland. 

Post Auto introduced that it decided to increase the number of episodes as the number of tourists who wanted to see the scenes in the drama did not stop.

AKR20220721175000088_02_i_P4_20220721212

The company also published press releases and introduced 'Crash Landing on You'. 

According to the source, this drama is " a very popular TV drama that aired in South Korea in 2020. " "It tells the story of a South Korean woman and a North Korean officer who fall in love with a South Korean woman who has passed over to North Korea in a paragliding accident. It will also be aired on Netflix."

Post Auto explained the background to the increase, saying, "A lot of Korean customers who want to visit Iseltwald appearing in the drama are on the 103 bus." did. 

As overseas tourism is booming due to the easing of COVID - 19 quarantine regulations, Interlaken, Switzerland's representative tourist destination, is also attracting a lot of tourists. . 'Crash Landing on You', which aired on tvN from 2019 to 2020 , enjoyed popularity with the highest viewership rating of 24.1 %. As the lead actors Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin became lovers and even got married, this drama often became a hot topic even after the drama ended.

PCM20191219000010005_P4_2022072121221597

SOURCE

• 2 months later...

[Comprehensive] "The burden of Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin" ‥ 'Crash Landing on You' Lee Jang-woo → Tei, the masterpiece Lee Eul K-musical

2022.09.20. 3:49 PM

SOURCE

202209201347443892161_20220920153406_01_20220920154901670.jpg?type=w430

Jang-Woo Lee, Kyu-Hyung Lee/Photo = Reporter Min Seon Yu

The drama 'Crash Landing on You' is back as a musical. 

On the afternoon of the 20th, a press call for the musical 'Crash Landing on You' was held at COEX Shinhan Card Artium located in Gangnam-gu, Seoul. Actors Na Ha-na, Kim Ryeo-won, Lim Hye-young, Ri Jeong-hyuk, Lee Kyu-hyeong, Lee Jang-woo, Koo Seung-jun, Tay, Lee Yi-kyung, Han Seung-yun, Seo Dan, Song Joo-hee, Kim I-hoo, Yoo Yeon-jung, and director Park Ji-hye and composer Lee Sang-hoon were in place. , Park Hae-rim, scriptwriter and lyricist, attended and talked. 

'Crash Landing on You' is a musical based on the world-famous tvN drama 'Crash Landing on You'. Following the popularity of the drama that caused the so-called 'Sabul' sensation starring Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin, K-musical is also aiming for a mega hit. 

On this day, writer Park Hae-rim said, "It was not easy to adapt because it was a successful work. There were many great scenes, so it was not easy. I was worried about the simultaneity of the stage and the show was able to proceed."

Director Park Ji-hye explained, "The scene I wanted to bring the most was paragliding. Although I regret the feeling of gliding, it is a scene I definitely wanted to include. I am making the best choice in the environment I have." 

'Crash Landing on You' that she is also receiving offers from overseas. As for her concerns, she said, "I thought it was our strength rather than concerns.

202209201347443892161_20220920151150_01_20220920154901713.jpg?type=w430

Kyu-hyung Lee, Ryeo-won Kim / Photo = Reporter Min Seon-yu

Composer Lee Sang-hoon said, "There is also a plan to globalize in Asia, so I was interested in participating. It was a fun experience to receive the script at first, read the lyrics more closely, and find the melody. It was attractive because the actors had different colors. It seems," he said. 

Then, about the song 'One More Step', he said, "It was written at once. I liked the lyrics, so I read it 100 times. The melody suddenly came to mind. So I wrote it in 10 minutes." 

Lee Jang-woo is Ri Jeong-hyuk, played by Hyun Bin. Was there no pressure? Lee Jang-woo said, "It was a lot of pressure. When I was doing a musical, it was a work that Hyun Bin was branded to say, 'I took on the role of Hyun Bin.' Rather than trying to win, I tried to express a pure North Korean man in my own way. I wanted to focus on them,” he said. 

Na Hana, who plays Yoon Se-ri, also sympathized. Na Hana said, "I was teased when I was told that I was going to play the role of Son Ye-jin. I was a fan enough to watch the drama live. I thought it would be so much fun from the moment it was made into a musical. It's an honor to have you play the role of Se-ri Yoon." 

Lim Hye-young, who also plays Yoon Se-ri, said, "She tried to show the inner side of Yoon Se-ri meticulously for three hours. She hopes the audience will enjoy it."

202209201347443892161_20220920153319_01_20220920154901720.jpg?type=w430

The cast of 'Crash Landing on You' / Photo = Reporter Min Seon Yu

Yoo Yeon-jeong is the station of Seo Dan. Yoo Yeon-jung, her second musical challenge, said, "I think I was able to do well because a lot of people helped me." 

She continued, "Seo Dan is not a character that expresses emotions as it is. So, even during practice, she gave SOS to the director a lot. She worked hard to come out as an attractive character, even if not as much as a drama. ' she said. 

Tei said, "Recently, there has been a lot of eating and the image of a man with a handmade burger. At this time, a plump role came in, and I was grateful. Isn't Gu Seung-jun a character that was loved very much? I failed my diet, but I worked hard. I'm on a diet," he said. 

Lee Yi-kyung is on a trend from entertainment to musicals. Lee Yi-kyung said, "We are having the same day. Movies and entertainment are doing well. After doing musicals in the past, I promised myself that I would never do a musical again. When I was MC for 'Musical Star', Min Woo-hyuk offered me. I proposed. There was a time when I regretted appearing because I had never sang a song other than ‘King of Mask Singer.’ Tei helped me a lot.” 

Meanwhile, 'Crash Landing on You' will be performed at COEX Shinhan Card Artium until November 13th.

Spoiler

Min Woo-hyuk, "The burden of the musical 'Crash Landing on You'... I wondered if I could even go near Hyun Bin"

0003089123_001_20220921230602834.jpg?typ

In 'Radio Star', Lee Jang-woo and Min Woo-hyuk said that they are trying to catch up with Hyun Bin of 'Crash Landing on You'. 

Min Woo-hyuk expressed his burden of appearing in the musical 'Crash Landing on You'.

Min Woo-hyuk, who played the role of Ri Jeong-hyuk in the musical 'Crash Landing on You,' said, "It's a work that is loved all over the world. As a result, I decided to appear, thinking if I could even go near Hyun Bin.  He continued, “I thought that I had touched it by mistake. I watched the drama, and Hyun Bin acted very well. In dramas, the acting of the main character's eyes is delivered, but in musicals, it is not easy to show.  Hyun Bin acting was so good. I'm thinking about 'how to look more attractive' with Jang Woo." He said, "I'm trying to catch up with Hyun Bin." 

Min Woo-hyuk continued, “After posting the promotional post, I received messages from all over the world like in Indonesia, Singapore, Taiwan, etc., 'Why can't the performance in Korea?' Hearing this, I was like, 'Wow, did I touch this the wrong way?'" he said. 

Power still... Musical 'Crash Landing on You', Japan Fuji TV Exclusive Performance [Official]

SOURCE

key summary
Fuji TV of Japan acquires exclusive screening rights in Japan Domestic 
performances until November 13

0004706175_001_20220926154905732.jpg?type=w430

A2G Entertainment, provided by 2TN Media

[OSEN]
The musical 'Crash Landing on You' officially announces the potential of K-musical once again as it officially enters Japan. 

On the 20th, A2G Entertainment and T2N Media, the producers of the musical 'Crash Landing on You' announced that they had signed a collaboration contract with Fuji TV in Japan on the 16th. 

Through this collaboration contract, Japan's Fuji TV is known to have acquired the exclusive right to perform in Japan for the musical 'Crash Landing on You', which is currently being performed with a hot response. 

Producer Kim Tae-hyung of the musical 'Crash Landing on You' said, "An original team in which an original Korean actor performs in Korean and a replica performance by Japanese actors are being planned at the same time." "Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia are also interested and overseas productions will visit Korea during the Seoul performance period.” 

Through this collaboration with Fuji TV, the Japanese performance of the musical 'Crash Landing on You' is scheduled to be held in Japan as soon as possible, drawing attention from not only Japanese but also Korean musical fans. 

In particular, the musical 'Crash Landing on You' was based on a drama that aired from December 2019 to February 2020, and was broadcast in 190 countries around the world through Netflix. In Japan, two years later, it is still in the top 10 of the popular series, announcing the status of K-content. 

The musical 'Crash Landing on You', which finished its first performance at the historic World Premiere of the Shinhan Card Artium in COEX, Seoul on the 16th, presented a high-quality performance as if meeting the expectations of the public and the media, and received explosive applause from the audience. In particular, 'Crash Landing on You' has established itself as a performance that all generations can enjoy together with a retro wave that goes beyond retro. 

Here, the work is a romance drama focusing on the 'people' and 'life' of North and South Korea. It maximized immersion and boasted a high degree of perfection. As a result, the audience who saw the actual work poured out favorable reviews one after another, and at the same time continued a procession of standing ovations at all the seats. 

The musical 'Crash Landing on You', a collaboration between Korea's top creatives, showed the new power of K-content. Writer Park Hae-rim, who has a strong fan base with insightful eyes, director Park Ji-hye, who presented sensuous works through various works, and composer Lee Sang-hoon of dramatic and delicate music such as the drama 'Wise Doctor Life 2' completed perfect teamwork.

The musical 'Crash Landing on You' is a special love story of Yoon Se-ri, an heiress of a conglomerate who crash-landed in North Korea in a paragliding accident with a gust of wind one day, and Ri Jeong-hyuk, a North Korean officer who hides and protects her and falls in love with her. Based on the original drama of the same name, which was loved by viewers around the world as well as ranked first in the TVN drama history, the charm of a stage that is different from the drama was revived to the fullest. 

Meanwhile, the musical 'Crash Landing on You', which will announce the power of K-content not only in Korea, but also in Japan and around the world, will continue its long-awaited world premiere at COEX Shinhan Card Artium until November 13. 

Musical adaptation of 'Crash Landing On You' will have fans hearkening back to series 

September 29, 2022

SOURCE

Actors Lee Kyu-hyung, left, and Kim Ryeo-won as Ri Jeong-hyuk and Yoon Se-ri during a scene of the musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actors Lee Kyu-hyung, left, and Kim Ryeo-won as Ri Jeong-hyuk and Yoon Se-ri during a scene of the musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

For every screen-to-stage adaptation, a question follows: Is it just an aspiring profitable venture hoping to reap off the benefits of the original or is there real value in the remake?    

The musical adaptation of smash hit tvN K-drama “Crash Landing On You” (2019-20) is the former, but to its credit, confidently so.    

The three-hour show manages to pack the entire 16-part series, almost exactly following the narrative of the drama series which is about a South Korean chaebol heiress Yoon Se-ri, played by actor Son Ye-jin, and a North Korean military officer Ri Jeong-hyuk, portrayed by Hyun Bin, who fall in love after the heiress accidentally lands in North Korea while paragliding.

Actor Son Ye-jin, left, and Hyun Bin as their characters Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyuk in the tvN drama series ″Crash Landing On You″ [TVN]

Actor Son Ye-jin, left, and Hyun Bin as their characters Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyuk in the tvN drama series ″Crash Landing On You″ [TVN]

Actors Lee Kyu-hyung, right, and Kim Ryeo-won as Ri Jeong-hyuk and Yoon Se-ri during a scene of the musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actors Lee Kyu-hyung, right, and Kim Ryeo-won as Ri Jeong-hyuk and Yoon Se-ri during a scene of the musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Spoiler

A scene from a performance of the ongoing musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

A scene from a performance of the ongoing musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actors Song Ju-hee, left, and Lee Yi-kyung as Seo Dan and Gu Seung-joon during a scene of the ongoing musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actors Song Ju-hee, left, and Lee Yi-kyung as Seo Dan and Gu Seung-joon during a scene of the ongoing musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actors Na Ha-na, left, and Lee Jang-woo as Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyuk during a scene of the musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actors Na Ha-na, left, and Lee Jang-woo as Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyuk during a scene of the musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [NEWS1]

Actor Na Ha-na as Yoon Se-ri during a scene from the ongoing musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [ATOZ ENTERTAINMENT, T2N MEDIA]

Actor Na Ha-na as Yoon Se-ri during a scene from the ongoing musical "Crash Landing On You" at COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul. [ATOZ ENTERTAINMENT, T2N MEDIA]

The musical is so eager to get to its romantic duets and elaborate fight scenes that everything else building up to these moments is decidedly fast forwarded.    

Also, much of the background of the characters and their intricate relationships aren’t explained enough and audiences are left to trace their memories back to two years ago when they watched the drama to figure out what is going on in the musical.    

It is a show for those who have watched the drama “Crash Landing On You,” which, to the credit of producers and creatives, is probably the majority of the people who chose to watch the musical anyway.  

The musical has an ambitious and visually-appealing cast, many of whom have proved their talent on screen as well, such as actor Lee Jang-woo from drama series “Glory Jane, I Do, I Do” (2011), “My Only One” (2018) and “Homemade Love Story” (2020), and Lee Yi-kyung from dramas “Descendants of the Sun” (2016) and “Welcome to Waikiki” (2018).  

The show contains 22 tuneful, pop-inflected numbers. All but one was newly written for the show.  

Female duo Davichi’s “Sunset” which was part of the drama series’ soundtrack is sung in the second act by Seo Dan, a North Korean heiress, and Gu Seung-joon, a conman who falls in love with Seo Dan.    

According to Popmusic and T2N Media, which holds the copyright for the musical “Crash Landing On You” the show is set to open in more countries.    

Earlier this month, the companies signed a contract with Japanese television station Fuji TV which gave the channel the exclusive right to the musical version of “Crash Landing on You.”    

The producer of the Korean show Kim Tae-hyung said in a press release last week that there are also plans to open a version of the musical with the original Korean cast as well as one with a Japanese cast.    

“Taiwan, Singapore and Malaysia have also shown interest in obtaining the license,” he added.    

“Crash Landing On You” will run through Nov. 13 at the COEX Shinhan Card Artium in Gangnam District, southern Seoul.  

Actors Lee Kyu-hyung, Min Woo-hyuk and Lee Jang-woo alternate the role of Ri Jeong-hyuk, and Lim Hye-young, Kim Ryeo-won and Na Ha-na alternate the role of Yoon Se-ri.   

The Top 10 Highest-Rated Series on Korean Cable Television

October 5, 2022 | ALLKPOP

1664613755-cableratings.png

There are various indicators of an amazing K-Drama, from substantial domestic and international support, their star-studded cast who showcase a fantastic portrayal, applauded plot and direction, sometimes due to awards and recognitions from various award-giving bodies, and even recognitions from professionals and critics in the drama industry. 

Aside from these, it is no secret that viewership ratings have become a way to measure a K-Drama's success, measuring the popularity of a program based on quantitative numbers of how many audiences watched. Some K-Drama viewers also recognize the importance of viewership, sometimes becoming a basis of whether they will be tuning in to the drama. However, due to the changing media landscape and the increased streaming and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, many viewers watch through these channels instead for convenience.

With all of these circumstances, it is more than impressive for dramas to gain vast live viewership despite other streaming options, even more among K-Dramas aired on cable channels. Airing on a cable channel/pay TV implies that they normally have a relatively smaller audience compared to free-to-air TV/public broadcasters (KBS, SBS, MBC, and EBS).

3. "Crash Landing on You" (21.683%) 

The hit drama "Crash Landing on You" tells the story of chaebol heiress Yoon Se Ri (Son Ye Jin), a successful businesswoman from South Korea. While paragliding close to the North Korean border, she is caught in an unexpected storm and crashes in the North Korean sector of the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ). There, she meets Captain Ri Jeong Hyeok (Hyun Bin), Captain of Company Five in the Korean People's Army and the son of the Director of the GBP in the Korean People's Army. Regardless of their nations' differences and disagreements, they eventually fall in love with each other.

SOURCE

6 Of BLACKPINK Lisa’s Recommended K-Dramas And Movies

OCTOBER 20, 2022 

KOREABOO | SOURCE

6. “Crash Landing On You”

During an interview with Vogue Korea, Lisa mentioned that she had been watching Crash Landing On You, and even seemed a little embarrassed to admit how much she likes it!

Crash Landing On You tells the story of a wealthy heiress who ends up crash-landing in the North Korean portion of the Demilitarized Zone while paragliding. She meets the son of the Director of the GBP in the Korean People’s Army who decides he will help her hide and the two fall in love.

SaPu2i2E1arH-mRcMZ8LR4cLJW2zZ4QdNFD_lbW4S3O3n2ow8VefgXohv_nmUORehDvqy6nyqtZY6vJnD1P-OUjykTQScy1ZCedbC4hUmjU1eL0=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

• Blob 1

Hyun Bin <Crash Landing On You> North Korea soldier reference was mentioned in KBS new drama <Curtain Call> ep 1. :joy:

SOURCE

Yoo Jae-heon (Kang Ha-neul) performed a North Korean military performance on the stage, and Jeong Sang-cheol watched it from the audience. After the performance, Yoo Jae-heon appealed to the director of the theater that the audience was too small and that he should promote it. 

To the director of the theater troupe asking whether the number is important, saying that there are audiences who have come this far, Yoo Jae-heon said, “I should have known from the time you said that you use a shipwrecked soldier who came down from North Korea. People come to see Hyun Bin, do they come to see us? How fast is trend changing! It's amazing that I've been practicing North Korean language for just a few months, saying that this is a performance." 

• LOL 1