[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

does anyone know the name of the fruit that eun seok cut in beginning of ep 65. the subs called it pear but I have never seen pears that look like that. so different variety or something?

@nohamahamoud2002 ~ eun ji is indeed like a teenager and even grandpa treats her like a kid and I look forward to her really getting the whack from dong joo because she is manipulating with lies and half-truths to create wrong impressions.

felt dong joo's anger with song ah was really justified in that everyone is assuming things about him but no one is hearing him. you can tell that he feels insulted that song ah is not willing to fight for him and just assumes that he will go to eun ji because she is a better financial catch. actually even grandpa needs a good knock on his head and learn that you can't scout a son-in-law like an employee and not everyone will give up their personal life for advancement of career. so the eventual rejection will be a good lesson for both grandpa and eun ji. am looking forward to dong joo really putting her in place and her learning some important lessons. just hope I can hang in there till it happens. how many episodes before eun ji gets emotionally slapped?

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lmangla That fruit was a peach.  

Song Ah is pathetic.  I am going to skip her as much as possible from now on.  If I was in love with someone and enjoying that romance with him, and some rich guy was being an idiot trying to take me away from a decent person, and then that decent person tells me to choose money over them, I'd wonder if that decent person was really decent after all.  So, Dong Joo should never get back together with her.  But he shouldn't get together with EJ either.

Looking forward to MS getting back and clearing everything up.

49 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

@Lmangla That fruit was a peach.  

Song Ah is pathetic.  I am going to skip her as much as possible from now on.  If I was in love with someone and enjoying that romance with him, and some rich guy was being an idiot trying to take me away from a decent person, and then that decent person tells me to choose money over them, I'd wonder if that decent person was really decent after all.  So, Dong Joo should never get back together with her.  But he shouldn't get together with EJ either.

Looking forward to MS getting back and clearing everything up.

thanks, am used to peaches that look differently. they usually look yellowish in the inside. these were pinkish?

part of me was like "girl were you happy that you married into money? so why do you assume that this is what dong joo wants?"; instead of directly assuming that she will get dumped and therefore, needs to dump him before he dumps her, she should have asked about how he feels considering there is going to be pressure on him from grandpa as well now. it is quite clear that given dong joo's past of losing his wife and his integrity, his view on love and happiness will be far different. he is someone who has loved and lost and so finding that happiness and feeling that life is no longer weary is a special gift. so he is not someone who is going to throw that frivolously. he has not indicated that he is super ambitious to the point of selling himself to whatever comes along. so it would have been nice if she had given him the benefit of doubt but her insecurities and lack of self-esteem took over and she gave up. so him breaking up with her was a good shock to her where she needs to realize that she is worthy and has to put up a fight for what she wants.

am hoping that dong joo will also stand up to grandpa and eun ji as well and put those two in place. please, please, please!

You guys are right on about this crazy relationship.  Evidently Song Ah learned nothing from her failed marriage in the Oh family.  Who would wish anybody a place in that family?  She knows what a barracuda her former MIL was... would she wish that for DJ?  And surely she was married long enough to know that trust and commitment are essential to a lasting relationship.  She had better do some serious soul searching in the next few episodes to keep what she has.... shout out to Mrs. Ji to set her straight!!  :angry:

I'm skipping the Young Man parts.... who really cares?  <_<

4 hours ago, tulip06 said:

I'd wonder if that decent person was really decent after all.  So, Dong Joo should never get back together with her

Remember her in-laws basically crushed her self-esteem, confidence and worth. She's probably scared and going through a lot at the moment. They always told her that she wasn't good enough and now she thinks she isn't. I like her, because I can relate to her. But she needs to put up a fight more and fight tooth and nail for she wants, just like Jenny.

4 hours ago, Lmangla said:

but her insecurities and lack of self-esteem took over and she gave up. so him breaking up with her was a good shock to her where she needs to realize that she is worthy and has to put up a fight for what she wants.

Agree with this completely.

I think both EJ and her granddad are forcing the relationship by using the selfie and later the fake ultrasound  pregnancy photo. DJ's attitude is unpredictable because really he won't believe he did anything with EJ, but the problem is with the granddad who is being unreasonable. This silly story will go on to waste some episodes but it is just useless

58 minutes ago, msmy said:

I'm skipping the Young Man parts.... who really cares?  <_<

me too; he adds pretty much nothing to the story...

10 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think both EJ and her granddad are forcing the relationship by using the selfie and later the fake ultrasound  pregnancy photo. DJ's attitude is unpredictable because really he won't believe he did anything with EJ, but the problem is with the granddad who is being unreasonable. This silly story will go on to waste some episodes but it is just useless

hopefully he will put up a fight and not think something actually happened. it will be a real waste of some episodes then.

49 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Repeat after me.

Useless. useless. Useless. Useless. 

Aw, but my Dal Shabet baby, Subin, is playing Ae Young, and is nailing the funny, tarty part.  I am going to watch for her.

Finally... I think we get some relief, at least I hope so.  DJ got direct with Chairman, and then even more direct with Eun Ji, so that she is left sobbing both at work and at home.  She sobs to Gramps, and I think he was pretty frank with her, so I think this stupid story line is over.  She called DJ and he is thanking her profusely, so it looks like she is done.   Preview shows DJ and Song Ah being cute and dating again, and Jenny and Eun Suk being playful like people in love.

The race is on between MS and shady Mom as to who is going to squelch the other first.  Let the games begin.  ^_^

5 hours ago, msmy said:

Finally... I think we get some relief, at least I hope so.  DJ got direct with Chairman, and then even more direct with Eun Ji, so that she is left sobbing both at work and at home.  She sobs to Gramps, and I think he was pretty frank with her, so I think this stupid story line is over.  She called DJ and he is thanking her profusely, so it looks like she is done.   Preview shows DJ and Song Ah being cute and dating again, and Jenny and Eun Suk being playful like people in love.

The race is on between MS and shady Mom as to who is going to squelch the other first.  Let the games begin.  ^_^

was absolutely delighted to read this that I had to check out raw. mean of me but I loved that eun ji was crying her heart out and got nicely put in place. maybe the viewers were all complaining like us and no longer finding eun ji cute. hence, the quick cut in this arc. hope it stays that way....

it was an enjoyable episode on many levels. LOVED that dong joo basically put both grandpa and eun ji in place. grandpa tried to speak over him but dong joo revealed that he and song ah were dating for 55 days already and he intends to marry her. grandpa called dong joo a fool for choosing someone with no money or connections but dong joo said that he was happy with song ah and has no intention of seeing someone else.

then grandpa slipped about the stupid photo that was in eun ji's phone. dong joo was really shocked that he went to see eun ji. she was excited thinking he finally wants to chat with her. silly girl! he immediately asks her about the photo and she tried to play off like she usually does. but he is firm and direct and tells her that he was disappointed and if she intends to frame him, then he will quit. he tells her that if she really liked him, then she will go to grandpa and reveal the truth about the photo.

considering how stubborn she has been for so long, it was a quick white flag from her. the threat to quit really gets to her and she worries about what would happen to him economically. it finally struck her that he is not going to play by her rules. also him saying that if she really liked him, she will take responsibility for her action really shook her as her character and feelings for him gets called. so she tells grandpa the truth and he is like "oho I made a mistake" but he didn't look that embarrassed, more like irritated that he miscalculated dong joo. hope he gives dong joo an apology because grandpa was really arrogant. anyway, he has enough sense to tell her about song ah and to back off dong joo as there is nothing more to do.

eun ji also calls dong joo to tell her and his exact reaction was that he was so close to being disappointed in her and he is now relieved. hahahahah... it made him sound like a teacher. so it looks like this stupid arc is finally over! yay! I am relieved because I wasn't sure if I could see a frame up of dong joo with that ultrasound photo and so it is great the writers didn't go down that route. it also looks like they might eun ji to another job because yong man and aunt talk about finding her another position and tsking about her crush on dong joo. hope that happens.

the other interesting stuff is everyone is wondering why shady mom hates man soo so much now. even jenny's brain is actually working. she is shocked when shady mom calls the accident as punishment for man soo. she actually calls out shady mom and says "why do you hate everyone?" and shady mom exasperated says that she has no one, not even jenny and she hates everyone. jenny then irritatedly responds that shady mom should go and live in the mountain by herself if that is the case. it is actually fun that jenny has decided to basically not take shady mom seriously and treats her like a petulant brat whose temper tantrums you ignore. jenny also signs the contract on her own with eun seok and refuses to get shady mom's consultation. so she is most definitely coming out of the shadow of shady mom.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

DJ has a strong  personality  but I  don't  trust EJ, she won't  let go easily 

yea I feel like she might still cause problems but who knows. at this stage, they need to stop using filler stories and get to the heart of the drama which is shady mom's past and how it will impact these people.

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

it made him sound like a teacher. so it looks like this stupid arc is finally over! yay! I am relieved because I wasn't sure if I could see a frame up of dong joo with that ultrasound photo and so it is great the writers didn't go down that route.

Hopefully, the PD and writer got paid a visit by a network executive saying, "Guys really? This is the best you can do?"

This was one of the most stupid story arcs I have seen. Actually, it took stupid to a whole new level. I get needing tension in relationships but find another way to do it. Geez.

5 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

Hopefully, the PD and writer got paid a visit by a network executive saying, "Guys really? This is the best you can do?"

This was one of the most stupid story arcs I have seen. Actually, it took stupid to a whole new level. I get needing tension in relationships but find another way to do it. Geez.

LOL, my feel is that is probably what happened because they wrapped it up way too quickly. I was expecting it to go on for several episodes of confusion.  wonder what the feedback is on sites like naver.

2 hours ago, Lmangla said:

LOL, my feel is that is probably what happened because they wrapped it up way too quickly. I was expecting it to go on for several episodes of confusion.  wonder what the feedback is on sites like naver.

I could go along with Eun Ji trying to entrap Dong Joo by herself. To me it jumped the shark when grandpa was dragged in for the assist. That is where it went off the rails. When I get time today, I'm going to check the SBS discussion board and see what is going on there.

After having watched to relevant scenes with subs. I like how they wrapped it up. DJ was able to get Eun Ji to back off in a nice and gentle way and she came to her senses. Although she will be heartbroken for a while, I hope they have more for her and bring a new love interest. Before this arc, I really liked her character. At the beginning, she was a lovable ding bat and I hope they bring that EJ back. 

@Lmangla I was so glad to see EJ and the chairman put in their place too!  EJ is clearly transferring her problems with her father to an older man, DJ, and basically needs a shrink.  As for finding her another job, maybe YM will meet MS and ask him to use EJ as a secretary.  She will end up being a triple spy.  

Archived