[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

0ly40

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

Makes me wonder what will it take for Jenny to stand up to shady mom. She might observe the way other people live eventually but suppose she thinks it’s because she’s a celebrity of sorts and that her shady mother is just trying to protect her? I think what Jenny needs to shake her up is noticing that she experiences too many accidents. That would be a step in the right direction.

good question @celebrianna; hope it is something that really shakes her up but has nothing to do with her falling for eun seok. rather than her choosing love, it will be nice if it is about herself, freedom and safety. otherwise she will resent eun seok and expect him to make peace with shady mom. like you said, she is most likely to defend her mom's actions as protecting her as she is a celeb

And the other news is that Dong Joo has accepted a position with J Group... as what?  I didn't catch what Chairman Oh wants him to do.  Evidently the delivery job isn't quite paying the bills for DJ, so he's moving on up.  That explains how he is going to get in direct contact with psycho Mom, and I wonder what memories might be stirred up ?

32 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

good question @celebrianna; hope it is something that really shakes her up but has nothing to do with her falling for eun seok. rather than her choosing love, it will be nice if it is about herself, freedom and safety. otherwise she will resent eun seok and expect him to make peace with shady mom. like you said, she is most likely to defend her mom's actions as protecting her as she is a celeb

I think her mother wants her to actually believing that she will get hurt if she doesn’t listen to her.  That’s why she makes sure she has an accident each time she goes off on her own.  Eventually Jenny will realize what a controlling person her mother is.

14 minutes ago, chococarmela said:

Hmm... Should I watch??

yes :tounge_wink:... hahahaha... check out the first few eps and you will get a feel for whether it is something that interests you...

12 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I think her mother wants her to actually believing that she will get hurt if she doesn’t listen to her.  That’s why she makes sure she has an accident each time she goes off on her own.  Eventually Jenny will realize what a controlling person her mother is.

good to see you here @Pam_Van Fossen :) ; jenny must not go out too often because otherwise, there would be lots of accidents and that would just seem plain weird. jenny is so passive that she must not make too many attempts to break out of her shell. am still wondering what is man soo's deal. isn't it strange that he spent basically 10 years wooing shady mom instead of the daughter he wants to marry.

Today was the calm before the storm lol. This is just a summary of what happened. 

EP started with the way it ended last week. The chairman comes after shady lady throws the paper at ES face and he is not pleased. He yells at his daughter after shady lady leaves and as usual, she puts the blame on ES when her own daughter and Jenny told them exactly that Jenny herself went to meet him on her own record. In his office, he tells ES to stay away from Jenny because of this issue with shady lady and the engagement crap but ES tells his grandfather the truth and the look of his face was priceless lol:D. Another person who finds out shady lady is a nutcase lol:mrgreen:

Jenny confronts her mom about her not reporting the crime and questions her. The meeting didn't end well this time and Jenny is mad at her mom. Shady lady as usual blames ES for this entire mess lol. She receives a text again with SA picture and she drops the phone. She meets ES aunt at the hotel lobby and it seems like they agreed with going ahead with the contract with the original conditions. The chairman will be furious when he finds out about this. Shady lady beloved son in law is acting suspicious:blink:. He gets a report regarding Jenny and her trip to the station. I'm not sure what he said in his head so we gonna subs for it; however it looks like he decided not to help shady lady with this matter at all. I have a feeling it's either him or the hitman who is sending that threatening message to shady lady.

DJ and his family moved in the house and SA mom invited them to eat food and everybody enjoyed it. The little girl spends time with SA mom and falls asleep in her room. DJ comes to pick her up and later on, him and his sister ended up celebrating their move in with alcohol. SA mom praying for her daughter aka Jenny to be safe wherever she is.

Jenny texted ES and apologized for what happened today and he is cool with it. She asks if he can meet up with her before she leaves the country and they plan to meet at the hotel. Shady lady is on the phone with her hitman and he still didn't found out about SA yet. Shady lady is wondering how SA is related to Jenny and I'm like, lady, did you forget she had a family? Should I be thankful that she is acting dumb right now? The EP ends there.

The preview is absolutely good lol. The video gets published and shady lady looks shocked Imao:mrgreen:. Jenny is like if you didn't report it in the first place, this won't have happened ROFL. Finally she got some backbone lol :joy:. To add salt to her injury, ES finds out about her roaming around the scene of the accident, watching her so-called daughter from the bushes lol. She throws an orange juice in ES face and blames him for the mess regarding the video. ES probably will confront her about what he saw because he looks mad at her. This is so getting good:naughty:.

@lu09, thanks for the spoilers. The episode sounds good. I hope Jenny continues to wake up to her mom’s oddness. 

I just finished watching the episode and Shady Mom intends to marry off Jenny when they return to Japan so that when she comes back to Korea to work with J Group she will be a married woman. 

Man Soo seem to know more than we imagined. He’s very shady too. His spies reported back that Jenny went to the police station to file a report and he and his cohort are wondering what will happen if the thieves are found. I get the impression that they know Shady Mom’s antics.

Interesting preview where the CCTV footage shows shady Mom behind the bushes watching the actions of the pickpockets, making ES even more convinced of her involvement.

With Jenny declaring, " You don't even seem like my Mom!", I wonder how long before she does the DNA report!?    It's going to take a few more flashbacks and bizarre behavior by "Mom", but I hope it comes soon and she just plays along to find out what the truth is about crazy woman. ^_^

@msmy, I can’t imagine Jenny finding out that shady mom isn’t her real mom anytime soon. That’s why I’m curious about how she’ll continue to manage manipulating Jenny considering that Jenny is ever so slowly noticing shady mom is strange.

The preview upsets me. That lady is freely treating ES like thrash and he endures it.

13 hours ago, lu09 said:

Shady lady beloved son in law is acting suspicious:blink:. He gets a report regarding Jenny and her trip to the station. I'm not sure what he said in his head so we gonna subs for it; however it looks like he decided not to help shady lady with this matter at all. I have a feeling it's either him or the hitman who is sending that threatening message to shady lady.

am curious if man soo is perhaps a victim like chairman of the black rose and hence is actually investigating her or trying to find some evidence...

21 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@msmy, I can’t imagine Jenny finding out that shady mom isn’t her real mom anytime soon. That’s why I’m curious about how she’ll continue to manage manipulating Jenny considering that Jenny is ever so slowly noticing shady mom is strange.

The preview upsets me. That lady is freely treating ES like thrash and he endures it.

yea shady mom has been with jenny for 25 years... more than her being strange, she needs a jolt to see it from other people's perspective. she is so isolated that shady mom's behaviour is embarrassing but normal.

from what we have seen of eun seok, he seems to absorb what is going on and then react. so it is going to bite shady mom for treating him this way because the boy has brains. unlike other people who cower and pretend that shady mom's actions make sense, eun seok is not afraid and will call her on it. so it is in some ways a terrible mistake.

28 minutes ago, msmy said:

Interesting preview where the CCTV footage shows shady Mom behind the bushes watching the actions of the pickpockets, making ES even more convinced of her involvement.

he told grandfather that shady mom looks like she is very protective of jenny but seems to have no regard for jenny's like, dislikes or wishes... so he already recognized the element of control... the CCTV footage simply is affirmation of his gut instinct.

Jenny's dense/uncurious nature is very strange, but maybe just the writer's style of skipping over details.  The fact that Jenny never questions if there are baby pictures, or a father, or birth stories.... makes her look totally inept and dull for a twentysomething.    And I also wondered, like @Lmangla about Man Soo earlier as to why his family was not outlined in the relationship chart... perhaps he has some connection to one of the officers that was killed?  Lots of mysteries here.

On 6/1/2019 at 1:22 AM, Lmangla said:

good to see you here @Pam_Van Fossen :) ; jenny must not go out too often because otherwise, there would be lots of accidents and that would just seem plain weird. jenny is so passive that she must not make too many attempts to break out of her shell. am still wondering what is man soo's deal. isn't it strange that he spent basically 10 years wooing shady mom instead of the daughter he wants to marry.

Good to see you too.  I also don't understand Man Soo.  I can't think of any reason he would want to marry Jenny.  She pretty much ignores him.  Since her "mother" has always sheltered her from life, I guess she thinks that is how it is supposed to be.  

Well well well, Jenny knows now her fake mom watched her accident from the bushes thanks to ES showing her the video. Not to mention, DJ sister, the reporter showed up at the hotel and told Jenny that shady lady showed up at the meeting place. Whatever conversation Jenny had with ES made her open her eyes. Hopefully, she is careful when she is investigating her accident in Japan. 

Preview shows Jenny and shady lady leaving the country and ES getting some bad news at the police station. 

it was such a fun smackdown between eun seok and shady mom. @celebrianna, even though eun seok got juice thrown on him, eun seok was super cool! he was composed and like a cop, never let go of his questions. it was actually shady mom who was thrown off the loop by his very direct questions and observations. however, just as he tells what he had seen in the police station, she deflects by mentioning man-soo and that jenny is engaged. so this seems to be a well-oiled tactic of hers -- deflect and change the topic. however, eun seok will be lot harder to push away....

17 hours ago, msmy said:

Jenny's dense/uncurious nature is very strange, but maybe just the writer's style of skipping over details.  The fact that Jenny never questions if there are baby pictures, or a father, or birth stories.... makes her look totally inept and dull for a twentysomething.

lets hope they give us an explanation because she is way too passive but then again, given shady mom, if jenny was even a little more high spirited, she would probably have gotten killed. shady mom looks like she tolerates zero disobedience. there was also this dream sequence where shady mom imagines threatening jenny with a "dr. yoon"; so maybe jenny was afraid to ask any questions that might get her sent to visit this doctor.

but her passiveness is interesting in that she now listens to eun seok with a very trusting heart. if anyone else have popped this direct questions to her, would she have listened? instead, she is flustered and is unable to come up with explanations to defend shady mom.

8 hours ago, lu09 said:

DJ sister, the reporter showed up at the hotel and told Jenny that shady lady showed up at the meeting place. Whatever conversation Jenny had with ES made her open her eyes.

kyung ah is genuinely confused at why shady mom would cook up a story. it is surprising that jenny doesn't seem weirded out by the fact that her mom basically told a reporter that she has mental health issues. is that really the way to maintain brand image? so jenny doesn't even really question that though she is totally weirded out by this revelation...

17 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

Good to see you too.  I also don't understand Man Soo.  I can't think of any reason he would want to marry Jenny.  She pretty much ignores him.  Since her "mother" has always sheltered her from life, I guess she thinks that is how it is supposed to be.  

yea, it makes me wonder how she managed to shelter her so much. did jenny not even go to school? watch tv? it seems like jenny was in a type of prison but had no clue and so thinks all sorts of unreasonable behaviour by shady mom is how things are supposed to be. now, she meets this cute guy eun seok and is flustered at the questions he is asking. so man soo clearly has had no interaction with her at all and she has never even asked why.

@Lmangla, unfortunately Jenny is still trying with her might to excuse her mom’s behavior. I’m glad that Kyung In showed up and revealed her meeting with shady mom before Eun Seok met Jenny. In that way Jenny will hopefully realize that two different individuals notice her mother is very strange. 

I can’t say I have much trust in Jenny investigating the crime in Japan on her own. Now that her mother is more alert and that guy Man Soo is also there, either of them can intervene to change the story. It also seems like shady mom got the police in Korea to drop the investigation into the pickpockets according to the preview.

I wonder if shady mom will be able to successfully marry off Jenny while in Japan. One never knows how low she will go.

9 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

I can’t say I have much trust in Jenny investigating the crime in Japan on her own. Now that her mother is more alert and that guy Man Soo is also there, either of them can intervene to change the story. It also seems like shady mom got the police in Korea to drop the investigation into the pickpockets according to the preview.

I wonder if shady mom will be able to successfully marry off Jenny while in Japan. One never knows how low she will go. 

yea, given how passive jenny is, it doesn't feel like jenny will be able to do anything. she also seems to lack experience and any knowledge on how to do stuff. she is in her 20s and still has to get permission to do basic things like go to the bathroom on her own in a new place they go for meeting.

so rather than jenny, can only imagine man soo actually doing something. if shady mom had her way, jenny would have been married off to man soo years ago as jenny seems ridiculously passive. so rather than jenny, it feels like man soo might have been the one buying time. lets see if my theory holds right in the next few episodes. man soo seems like he's fooling shady mom and it will be interesting to see why.

Archived