Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Shady Mom in Law, 수상한 장모

Recommended Posts

loving eun seok! :wub: so his aunt has already bought the line that jenny is not mentally sound and so loved it when eun seok asked, then why was jenny working if she was ill? was her mother profiteering from a sick person? LOL. logic! isn't it great to see that in a lead?

 

@celebrianna ~ it is starting to make more sense why jenny is so passive in so many ways. she never even went to school and seemed to have started working as a teenager. so no interactions, no dreams, nothing. did shady mom manage to subdue her just using threats? but shady mom is already stressing that she can no longer control jenny as an adult using such methods....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla, Eun Seok is speaking so much sense that I get wary about if the writer can keep it up. I mean he’s truly his own man and I love it. I’m so glad that he decided to take the initiative to contact the police station because I almost felt like giving up on Jenny in today’s episode. She didn’t really ponder any of the points Eun Seok rose about her mother but simply dismissed them. However, the observations you made about her are good points and most likely explains why Jenny is so nonchalant about the leash she’s on.

 

So the Man Soo guy realized that Eun Seok is his rival. So glad Jenny clarified to Eun Seok that she’s not engaged to him. I wanted the aunt to tell Eun Seok more specifically that shady mom want it written into the contract that he stays away from Jenny. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@celebrianna ~ am still not sure what man soo's long term goal is. it is really strange that he spent all that time wooing shady mom instead of focusing on jenny. isn't that strange for a man in love? it makes me wonder if he is the mysterious guy who is sending the texts of song ah to shady mom.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla, I completely agree that Man Soo is up to something. I’m not sure what it might be yet. I also wonder why he chose to introduce the shady mom to J Group. At least we now know why shady mom wants to marry off Jenny to Man Soo. Right to the end her only purpose is using Jenny for financial gain. Still, I like that the aunt got an earful from shady mom because that information is eventually passed along to Eun Seok who is growing more suspicious the more he hears about shady mom.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@celebrianna ~ man soo's choice of J group is odd even for the family because they are well aware that they are not # 1 in the fashion business and actually struggling. and from what the aunt said, man soo approached young man first and not the other way around. ofcourse, she seemed to think it is because her son is famous LOL. so the whole thing seems a bit suspect. but am wondering what will young man's role be further on. also song ah is supposed to be a designer as well. so does that mean jenny and her will collaborate at some point?

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla, I tend to think that Jenny might work with Song-ah eventually but I’m not sure about anytime soon. If shady mom meets Song-ah she’ll know that she’s the woman who is in the pictures that were anonymously sent to her cell phone. I don’t think she would want Jenny to work with Song-ah. However, Eun Seok intends to work to Song-Ah so I’m not sure how all this will turn out. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@celebrianna @joccu @lu09 @msmy ~ did you see how jenny and eun seok hold hands whenever he said "kaja" (lets go) -- it seemed kind of odd for folks who just met and are business partners no? almost like more than friends already? and she was so comfortable holding his hand...

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lmangla said:

@celebrianna @joccu @lu09 @msmy ~ did you see how jenny and eun seok hold hands whenever he said "kaja" (lets go) -- it seemed kind of odd for folks who just met and are business partners no? almost like more than friends already? and she was so comfortable holding his hand...

I know:D. I was like when did they start dating?lol:mrgreen:. And ES asks Jenny afterwards if she is engaged. Wrong order dude :sweatingbullets: considering the fact you holded her hands and danced with her in the club :sweat_smile::joy: but I like him.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, lu09 said:

I know:D. I was like when did they start dating?lol:mrgreen:. And ES asks Jenny afterwards if she is engaged. Wrong order dude :sweatingbullets: considering the fact you holded her hands and danced with her in the club :sweat_smile::joy: but I like him.

kekeke...he wants her to be single! hahahha....  but shady mom is hilarious where she made it seem like jenny and eun seok are in the thralls of an affair as jenny is married and so aunt has to lock up eun seok in a tower. shady mom should know that she is talking about two adults. LOL.

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla @lu09 Even Eun Seok’s cousin said she noticed the “chemistry” between him and Jenny. ^_^ It’s apparent to me too. They get along naturally and seem to be on the same wavelength. I first noticed it when he met her in the park and gave her the bouquet of flowers. I think Man Soo might become an equal obstacle for them just like the mother. This is new territory in the world of Jenny for him because previously Jenny was so isolated that it didn’t matter much if she rejected him but now there’s a new rival whom she seem to hit it off with.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

@celebrianna @joccu @lu09 @msmy ~ did you see how jenny and eun seok hold hands whenever he said "kaja" (lets go) -- it seemed kind of odd for folks who just met and are business partners no? almost like more than friends already? and she was so comfortable holding his hand...

 

It kind of suprised me but like good suprise. way to go eunseok. He's not shy and I like that he's so forward. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's also pretty aggressive about  how  odd her mother  is which  is kind  of  throwing  her for  a loop!  Considering  that they  just met, he's  wasting  no time,  but she  needs to get a clue anyway and grow up fast.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, msmy said:

He's also pretty aggressive about  how  odd her mother  is which  is kind  of  throwing  her for  a loop!  Considering  that they  just met, he's  wasting  no time,  but she  needs to get a clue anyway and grow up fast.

yea, it is surprising isn't it at how aggressive he is no? if it was someone else, they would get offended at how direct his questions are and how he seems to be doubting her mom. but she seems so chilled about it. but maybe if he wasn't so direct, she wouldn't ask these questions either. in a way, shady mom is right to be a bit wary of him because he looks harmless but is very direct. he also doesn't seem like the type to back down or care about niceties once he is on a track. love how his character is sketched her so far.

 

even with his aunt, it is very clear that she does not hold sway above him. if he thinks that what she says is nonsense, he calls her out on it. he respects his grandfather but it is also clear that he is his own man and so would walk if he feels something wrong. wonder how his parents death have affected him -- his father was a cop and so maybe he grew up being asked very direct questions and to spot if things are off?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Jenny is certainly now fully aware that her shady mom forbids all contact with Eun Seok. I’m glad he told her about the contract clause before they faced off with shady mom in J Group after returning from the police station. At least in this way Jenny wasn’t too shocked by her furious behavior towards Eun Seok when they returned to the office. I like that shady mom is behaving over the top because there’s a chance it might get Jenny to start taking control of her life. 

 

I find it so funny that shady mom resorted to tearing up the signed contract in Eun Seok’s face when just moments before, unbeknownst to shady mom, Eun Seok and Jenny came to the agreement that they will cancel the contract because of the clause that forbade Eun Seok from having any contact at all with Jenny. 

 

However, what I think might work out for Jenny’s benefit is the fact that a reporter sneakily took a video of her reporting the robbery attack against her days before. Eun Seok was also recorded describing the robbers and the direction they took and encouraged the police to look at the CCTV in the area. The fact that the reporter furtively took the video of them reporting the crime might prevent shady mom from dragging Jenny back to Japan because news break out about this. I’m not sure if the reporter heard the part with Jenny inquiring if her shady mom didn’t report the crime. If the reporter heard that, it would be an interesting news piece to ask why the shady mom didn’t report it.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

Well, Jenny is certainly now fully aware that her shady mom forbids all contact with Eun Seok. I’m glad he told her about the contract clause before they faced off with shady mom in J Group after returning from the police station. At least in this way Jenny wasn’t too shocked by her furious behavior towards Eun Seok when they returned to the office. I like that shady mom is behaving over the top because there’s a chance it might get Jenny to start taking control of her life. 

 

I find it so funny that shady mom resorted to tearing up the signed contract in Eun Seok’s face when just moments before, unbeknownst to shady mom, Eun Seok and Jenny came to the agreement that they will cancel the contract because of the clause that forbade Eun Seok from having any contact at all with Jenny. 

 

However, what I think might work out for Jenny’s benefit is the fact that a reporter sneakily took a video of her reporting the robbery attack against her days before. Eun Seok was also recorded describing the robbers and the direction they took and encouraged the police to look at the CCTV in the area. The fact that the reporter furtively took the video of them reporting the crime might prevent shady mom from dragging Jenny back to Japan because news break out about this. I’m not sure if the reporter heard the part with Jenny inquiring if her shady mom didn’t report the crime. If the reporter heard that, it would be an interesting news piece to ask why the shady mom didn’t report it.

Yep Sh-it is about to hit the fan lol. Shady lady didn't think that Jenny would report the accident herself and that a reporter took the whole thing lol. This indeed will hit the news and Jenny won't be able to leave the country until they caught the culprits. 

 

Shady lady probably looks stupid in ES eyes:mrgreen:. They already decided to cancel and she just made it easier for them by tearing the contract lol. What, my son in law won't let this go, ohh please, if only she knew the more she pulls this sh-it, the more Jenny will depend on ES lol:joy:. She should keep this up Imao. But I'm glad Jenny is questioning her in the preview, now I wonder what kind of excuse she will make this time? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@celebrianna @lu09 ~ it is funny to think how no one seemed to have questioned shady mom's over-the-top behaviour earlier. had to laugh when eun seok's cousin eui jin asks why a grown woman would need a escort to the bathroom and whether jenny was a child and if she was supposed to wash her bum. :joy:... so it is fun to see how others see shady mom and her requests as absurd but no one has the guts to say "hey thats strange".

 

she had been so effective in cutting out people who might have questioned. so it is fun to see shady mom on the end of her journey so to speak. normally, with villains, we have to sit through 80 episodes or so before they start losing. here, we didn't see the years shady mom got away with her crimes. instead, we see her now where she is aware that all she built could come tumbling down. so it makes it more fun.

 

jenny is no longer a child and shady mom has to change her tactics to keep her in check. however, her years of controlling a certain way means she is still relying on those methods. so it will be interesting to see if she changes tactics and comes up with something new to drive away eun seok. with the reporter at the police station doing this story, wonder if kyung ah (ex-cop's sister) will now come into the picture as jenny will need a reporter she is friendly with to do a different spin on her situation...

 

but am enjoying eun jin, the cousin sis -- she swings from shipping eun seok and jenny to trying to do something for her mom. it is kind of amusing to see her shipping though! hahahahah....

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla, Eun Jin had me cracking up with that response to her mom when she asked her to escort Jenny to the ladies room. She’s so real in the situation. I should give Eun Jin’s mom some credit though because the expression on her face during her meeting with shady mom while listening to shady mom’s nonsense seem to suggest that the aunt is beginning to think shady mom’s behavior is weird. The aunt isn’t totally clueless but she’ll ignore the weirdness for her own benefit. I hope her son returns soon because I’m interested to know what will be his storyline now that he was dumped and humiliated.

 

@Lmangla, I agree that Jenny might engage Kyung In to write a news report if necessary but it might not be a rebuttal to the reporter at the police station. I kind of expect shady mom to have her own reporter rebut any bad news. So then perhaps Jenny will engage Kyung In for a piece on her career instead. I think the reporter at the station just might be the catalyst to putting Jenny in the news as a victim of a crime. 

 

@lu09, I’m glad Jenny is getting curious about shady mom but I always think she won’t pursue it to the end since she has a habit of making excuses for her mom’s strange and controlling behavior. 

 

 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, celebrianna said:

 

@lu09, I’m glad Jenny is getting curious about shady mom but I always think she won’t pursue it to the end since she has a habit of making excuses for her mom’s strange and controlling behavior. 

given this is a daily, we can't expect jenny to even be suspicious soon. she will probably continue to make excuses till she gets to a point where she can't make any. she needs to interact with other people to see how absurd some of the actions of shady mom are in order to understand that this kind of isolation especially for a grown adult is very strange...

 

3 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@Lmangla, Eun Jin had me cracking up with that response to her mom when she asked her to escort Jenny to the ladies room. She’s so real in the situation. I should give Eun Jin’s mom some credit though because the expression on her face during her meeting with shady mom while listening to shady mom’s nonsense seem to suggest that the aunt is beginning to think shady mom’s behavior is weird. The aunt isn’t totally clueless but she’ll ignore the weirdness for her own benefit. I hope her son returns soon because I’m interested to know what will be his storyline now that he was dumped and humiliated.

yea, the aunt looked like even she was about to crack up at how eun jin put it but she doesn't want to antagonize shady mom as this is supposed to be young man's deal. it will be interesting to see how she react once she sees that it is not to young man's benefit. the aunt seems to be as direct as eun seok and so we might see some fun showdowns between her and shady mom! can't wait. :D

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lmangla, so then we will have to wait for a while for Jenny to catch up to everyone else’s thinking that her fake mother is strange. Eun Seok and Kyung In definitely think she’s suspicious. The aunt and Eun Jin clearly thinks she’s strange but won’t interfere. The grandfather agrees with Eun Seok that the contract stipulation barring Eun Seok from contacting Jenny is, in his observation, unreasonable. Makes me wonder what will it take for Jenny to stand up to shady mom. She might observe the way other people live eventually but suppose she thinks it’s because she’s a celebrity of sorts and that her shady mother is just trying to protect her? I think what Jenny needs to shake her up is noticing that she experiences too many accidents. That would be a step in the right direction.

 

Eun Jin indeed seem to ship Eun Seok and Jenny. The elevator ride with them was amusing. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...