[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

0ly40

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@briseis Thank you for sharing the latest preview. So beautifully evocative and starting to draw me against my will to empathise with the couples despite the premise.

The script reading... love the chemistry among the cast. Wish I understood what was being said!

Thank you for the longer preview @briseis

I just noticed the first page is updated. So each of the four leads is married... we’ll have 4 marriages impacted by 2 affairs :crazy: and some of them already have kids...

I wonder how the story will go considering we only have 12 episodes.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Thank you for the longer preview @briseis

I just noticed the first page is updated. So each of the four leads is married... we’ll have 4 marriages impacted by 2 affairs :crazy: and some of them already have kids...

I wonder how the story will go considering we only have 12 episodes.

So the two women are married. I'm sure the artist is not married. What about the biology teacher? This is another level of madness lol:joy:. I'm still tuning in:mrgreen::glasses:.

@lu09 From the first page, all of them are married. Please no hair-pulling and catfights. That would be yet one more reason to put me off the drama, if the premise doesn't.

@ktcjdrama Does sound like a truly messy state of affairs (no pun intended). No matter how much I am currently drawn to the main characters based on the latest preview, I hope the drama shows that consequences are to be borne from their infidelity, whatever their reasons for having an affair. Apparently the original drama had 11 eps... so perhaps the length is sufficient to cover the narrative?

2 hours ago, liddi said:

Does sound like a truly messy state of affairs (no pun intended). No matter how much I am currently drawn to the main characters based on the latest preview, I hope the drama shows that consequences are to be borne from their infidelity, whatever their reasons for having an affair. Apparently the original drama had 11 eps... so perhaps the length is sufficient to cover the narrative?

Does the original drama also have 4 marriages? I am just wondering: Will 12 episodes be enough to show us the build up of the attractions, the acting upon those attractions, and the consequences or resolutions of the infidelities...? I doubt there will be any happy endings, because whichever way it goes, someone bound to be hurt. 

Also, it seems that from the character chart, the cheated husbands each has other younger women too?? I can’t read the Hangul :mellow:

@ktcjdrama I have no idea since i never watched the original drama - perhaps those here who have could enlighten us. 

Even without reading Hangul, I think it a fair guess that their respective husbands have mistresses as well. Perhaps therein lies the path to a happy ending for the lovers, since their husbands have other women to turn to and probably would be more likely to let them go. Not as sure about the guys' respective wives though...

Lee Sang Yeob, Park Ha Sun, Ye Ji Won, And Jo Dong Hyuk Share 4 Different Attitudes Toward Forbidden Love

Lee Sang Yeob, Park Ha Sun, Ye Ji Won, And Jo Dong Hyuk Share 4 Different Attitudes Toward Forbidden Love

Jun 18, 2019
by C. Hong

Upcoming Channel A drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (tentative title) revealed new individual character posters for its lead cast!

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” is a remake of the Japanese drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the stories of adults who engage in extramarital affairs.

Each of the character posters hints at the steamy nature of the drama, as well as its taboo subject matter. Park Ha Sun plays Son Ji Eun, a part-time worker at a grocery store whose life is boring and predictable until she meets Lee Sang Yeob’s character. Lee Sang Yeob plays Yoon Jung Woo, a biology teacher who is more interested in nature than humans until he falls madly in love with Son Ji Eun.

Park Ha Sun’s poster caption reads, “The moment he grabbed my hand, I finally saw the real me.” In the other version, she says, “Don’t drag me into your shallow life. I’m not that kind of woman.” This hints at her character’s desire to live a more full life while also trying to resist temptation.

park-ha-sun.jpeg

Spoiler

park-ha-sun-1.jpg

Lee Sang Yeob’s two poster captions read: “I begged God to let me have your share of punishment as well as my own” and “It’s immoral, I know it’s immoral. But every day I dream of running towards that woman… even though I have a wife and she has a husband.” This suggests that Yoon Jung Woo is a character who tries to be righteous even when falling into sin.

lee-sang-yeob.jpeg

Spoiler

lee-sang-yeob-1.jpg

Ye Ji Won captures a more seductive vibe as Choi Soo Ah, a housewife who has no qualms about having affairs. Her two poster captions read: “I meet a man every weekday from 3 to 5 in the afternoon. Two hours is enough” and “Is an affair that big a deal? Think of it as personal physical training. Is it so bad to invest two hours of your day with me to improve your body and mind?”

Spoiler

ye-ji-won.jpeg

Spoiler

ye-ji-won-1.jpg

Jo Dong Hyuk plays Ye Ji Won’s lover, a painter named Do Ha Yoon. Despite his playboy looks and willingness to have an affair with a married housewife, he appears completely smitten with Ye Ji Ah’s character. His poster captions read: “The things I want mean both nothing and everything to you” and “If you’ll show me your real self, I’ll gladly become your 101st lover.”

Spoiler

jo-dong-hyuk.jpeg

Spoiler

jo-dong-hyuk-1.jpg

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” premieres on July 5 at 11 p.m. KST.

cr. Soompi

On 6/16/2019 at 3:57 AM, lu09 said:

I'm sure the artist is not married. What about the biology teacher?

Biology teacher in J drama was married to a professor at Dept of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology more successful than husband 

On 6/15/2019 at 11:10 AM, briseis said:

Channel A released another gorgeous preview

@briseis, thank you for this gorgeous preview.  Makes me anticipate this drama even more.

On 6/15/2019 at 4:06 PM, liddi said:

The script reading... love the chemistry among the cast. Wish I understood what was being said!

@liddi, I echo all your above sentiments. And thank you much for this  script reading segment.

On 6/16/2019 at 1:19 AM, liddi said:

Please no hair-pulling and catfights.

Yes, please. Let us all agree on that...!

On 6/16/2019 at 4:26 AM, liddi said:

Even without reading Hangul, I think it a fair guess that their respective husbands have mistresses as well. Perhaps therein lies the path to a happy ending for the lovers, since their husbands have other women to turn to and probably would be more likely to let them go

@liddi, interesting... So we do have some hope for a happy ending of sort.  Also, I find it interesting that both men are in love with their respective lover.  It leads me to assume - that it is the power of this love, that draws the women to them.

On 6/16/2019 at 11:31 AM, joccu said:

yeah in the original both women were married. and in the original the other man was not married in the drama

@joccu, Thank you for updating us about the original material.

@liddi, Thank you for the new article. Interesting - that both men are very much in love with the women with whom they have affairs.  

Everyone,  please "like" the Soompi article and also comment on it. It will increase our chances of having this drama licensed - if they see a big response to the article/drama.

Waves to @zenya22  panda-wave-smiley-emoticon.gif     and thank you for info. about the original drama.
@0ly40,   Thank you for the updates.

I do think that both men are married in this drama.  I think these are  their wives.

cast-wife_2019_05_30_030053785.jpg

00000108214420190530162610116.png

7%BF%F9_%BD%C5%C0%DB_%C3%A4%B3%CEa_%C1%D

Passing each other in the hallways of Weekday Afternoon Lovers

weekdaylovers-61514.jpg

We’re about 3 weeks out until the premiere of Channel A’s upcoming melo Weekday Afternoon Lovers, and the show has released another teaser to keep up the anticipation for the show. This latest teaser features all four of our main leads, Lee Sang-yub (Top Star Yoo Baek), Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo), Ye Ji-won (Thirty But Seventeen), and Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae), who appear to all convene in the same, blood-red-themed hotel.

Please read full article on Dramabeans

* Based on the photos we see in this article, looks like the two young girls are Ye Ji-Won's character's daughters.

11 hours ago, irilight said:
On 6/16/2019 at 7:26 AM, liddi said:

Even without reading Hangul, I think it a fair guess that their respective husbands have mistresses as well. Perhaps therein lies the path to a happy ending for the lovers, since their husbands have other women to turn to and probably would be more likely to let them go

@liddi, interesting... So we do have some hope for a happy ending of sort.  Also, I find it interesting that both men are in love with their respective lover.  It leads me to assume - that it is the power of this love, that draws the women to them.

Spoiler

Hmmmmm, the original ended with choices of all concerned emphasis on the wives who had affairs,  which involved and were influenced by the society they lived in, especially the families. The biology teacher was married the artist was not at the time he was having an affair, he was divorced from his wife. Only one of the husbands had an affair and the men lovers were as conflicted if not more than the women they were having affairs with. Guess who got the brunt of the prejudice.. the two married people who had the affair with each other and that reflects their choices in the ending.....but the K drama may be different because the artist is also married and has an affair. 

But the J drama also appealed to my sense of clemency and understanding of the reasons that led to the affair without condoning it 

Kim Mi Kyung is here too. She is quite the popular Omma. She was just done in HPL. I bet she is going to play the mom of the lead girl PHS playing Son Je Eun and will provide some comic relief? I love her.

CROSS GENE’s Shin Won Ho Joins “Love Affairs In The Afternoon” Starring Lee Sang Yeob And Park Ha Sun

CROSS GENE’s Shin Won Ho Joins “Love Affairs In The Afternoon” Starring Lee Sang Yeob And Park Ha Sun

Jun 20, 2019
by R. Jun

CROSS GENE’s Shin Won Ho has been confirmed as the latest actor to join Channel A’s upcoming drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon.”

Shin Won Ho’s agency Amuse Korea revealed the news on June 19 and said that the actor is currently filming for the drama.

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which stars Lee Sang Yeob, Park Ha Sun, Jo Dong Hyuk, and Ye Ji Won, is a remake of the 2014 Japanese drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

Shin Won Ho is playing the role of Park Ji Min. He’s a student in the biology club led by instructor Yoon Jung Woo (played by Lee Sang Yeob). He used to be quiet and studious, but when he discovers his mother’s affair, he starts to stray. One day, at the height of his distrust of adults, he sees Choi Soo Ah (Ye Ji Won) having an affair.

Shin Won Ho has previously appeared in dramas such as “The Legend of the Blue Sea,” “20th Century Boy and Girl,” and “Risky Romance.”

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” airs on July 5 at 10 p.m. KST.

cr. Soompi

On 6/18/2019 at 8:28 PM, zenya22 said:

The biology teacher was married the artist was not at the time he was having an affair, he was divorced from his wife.

@zenya22, ah thank  you for all the illuminations from the Japanese series.

I saw the two women titled as the wives, but I do not know , if they are both married or divorced in the Korean series.

@liddi, Thank you for the new article...   Lets hope more folks will want to to watch the drama because of him!

@samzi85, please let us know your thoughts as you progress. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Love Affairs in the Afternoon" Building up Hype

photo1072405.jpg

The latest drama from Channel A, "Love Affairs in the Afternoon" has been building up a lot of interest. Part of this is just due to the deliberately racy content and promotional images. Of course, a lot of this marketing is probably reasonably accurate. The drama represents a bold stride by Channel A into the dramamaking business, within which it is not well known.

The drama is based on the Japanese drama of the same title from 2014 - although the Japanese title is prefaced by Hirugao, a Japanese slang term referring to extramarital affairs. The drama is a story of escalation. As in the original, housewives Ji-eun (played by Park Ha-sun) and Soo-ah (played by Ye Ji-won) goad each other into having sexual love affairs with predictably dramatic results.

Stills from the drama have already given a good idea about how the characters are to be distinguished. While Park Ha-sun has a demure, innocent expression, Ye Ji-won is putting on more a look of defiance. Though their outlooks differ markedly, their choice of extramarital affairs as emotional outlets draws them closer together. About the men in this drama relatively little is known, but the preliminary outlook seems to show that the drama will mainly be from the women's perspective.

"Love Affairs in the Afternoon" will begin on July 5th at eleven 'o clock in the evening. Amusingly enough, the drama will air on Fridays and Saturdays. Literally, the drama is called Love Affairs on Weekday Afternoons.

Written by William Schwartz

source:  Hancinema

Archived