[Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인

0ly40

Park Ha Sun Feels Empty Until She Meets Lee Sang Yeob In Upcoming Drama About Forbidden Love

Park Ha Sun Feels Empty Until She Meets Lee Sang Yeob In Upcoming Drama About Forbidden Love

May 29, 2019
by S. Nam

Channel A’s “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (tentative title) has released new stills for the upcoming drama!

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” is a remake of the 2014 Japanese drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

Lee Sang Yeob will be playing the role of Yoon Jung Woo, the biology teacher who loves every living thing on the planet. Yoon Jung Woo is a pure character who has more interest in nature than humans, but he falls madly in love after meeting the fragile Son Ji Eun (played by Park Ha Sun). With his detailed acting, Lee Sang Yeob will perfectly portray the emotional changes he faces with his unexpected and newfound love.

In one of the released stills, Lee Sang Yeob is lost in thought while wandering the night streets, making viewers curious as to where he’s headed. In another photo, Lee Sang Yeob’s longing gaze gives a preview of the melodrama and intense love that’s to come.

Lee-Sang-Yeob1.jpg

Lee-Sang-Yeob-21.jpg

The production team for the upcoming drama shared that Lee Sang Yeob perfectly embodied the role of his character. They added, “From the first filming, he captivated everyone on set as he portrayed Yoon Jung Woo’s mental changes in detail with his gaze and expression. Please look forward to the new side of Lee Sang Yeob that will be shown in ‘Love Affairs in the Afternoon.'”

Furthermore, Park Ha Sun will be playing Son Ji Eun, who has her entire life shaken up by a new and passionate romance. In the drama, her character moves to a new city near Seoul due to her public official husband’s transfer, and she works part-time at a grocery store. In the midst of living her repetitive life, she meets a man and falls into forbidden love.

In the new stills, Park Ha Sun is lost in thought, alone on her veranda, with a listless an empty expression on her face that shows how hollow her life has become.

Park-Ha-Sun-2.jpg

Park-Ha-Sun-1.jpg

The production team for “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” shared, “Park Ha Sun is an actress that can portray Son Ji Eun’s slight emotional changes with her detailed acting. She perfectly embodied her character from the first filming, skillfully leading the drama. Please keep an eye on how Son Ji Eun’s boring and empty life will change as the story progresses and how Park Ha Sun will show this.”

Park-Ha-Sun.jpg

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” will premiere on July 5 at 11 p.m. KST. Check out the teaser and main poster here!

cr. Soompi

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, liddi said:

@irilight @joccu I wonder whether I should try watching the jdrama or jmovie first, or just watch this with fresh eyes. Not familiar with the j-cast except Kichise Michiko and Kitamura Kazuki. To be honest, I do not quite know what to expect from this, but I hope that with a strong cast and script, it will deliver.

My advice is watch with fresh eyes. That way everything is new. If you watch Jdrama or the movie you kind of know where there drama heads. Even thought this is korean version. SO something might be totally different but the premise is properly the same.

11 hours ago, liddi said:

The production team for the upcoming drama shared that Lee Sang Yeob perfectly embodied the role of his character. They added, “From the first filming, he captivated everyone on set as he portrayed Yoon Jung Woo’s mental changes in detail with his gaze and expression. Please look forward to the new side of Lee Sang Yeob that will be shown in ‘Love Affairs in the Afternoon.'”

@Liddi, thank you for the article. I love  the production company comments and the new stills.

11 hours ago, liddi said:

The production team for “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” shared, “Park Ha Sun is an actress that can portray Son Ji Eun’s slight emotional changes with her detailed acting. She perfectly embodied her character from the first filming, skillfully leading the drama. Please keep an eye on how Son Ji Eun’s boring and empty life will change as the story progresses and how Park Ha Sun will show this.”

@liddi, thank you again... We can actually see in the new stills, her hollow look in the first ones, and a new found joy (possibly) while looking at the birds.

Everyone: Please "like" the Soompi article, and also comment on it. 
It would help us to get this drama licensed by Viki.

9 hours ago, joccu said:

My advice is watch with fresh eyes. That way everything is new.

@joccu,  Thank you. That was my gut instinct. I am glad you are of the same opinion.

• Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - Fri & Sat - Park Ha Sun & Lee Sang Yeob - Premieres on July 5th
  • Guest changed the title to [Upcoming Drama 2019] Love Affair in the Afternoon, 평일 오후 세시의 연인 - Fri & Sat @ 23:00 KST - Park Ha Sun & Lee Sang Yeob - Premieres on July 5th

Stuck in a maze with no escape for Park Ha-sun in Channel A melo

weekdaylover-teaser2.jpg

Channel A doesn’t have regular drama programming, but the channel does seem to favor the melo romance genre. Its newest entry in dramaland is upcoming melo Weekday Afternoon Lovers, a remake of Japanese show Hirugao, and stars Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo), Lee Sang-yub (Top Star Yoo Baek), Ye Ji-won (Thirty But Seventeen), and Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae). The first teaser for the show and stills of the cast’s script read, have recently been released in anticipation of its premiere in a little over a month.

Read more on Dramabeans

Looking for a love that has flown away in Channel A’s Weekday Afternoon Lovers

weekdayafternoon-teaser622.jpg

One of the reasons I’m looking forward to Channel A’s upcoming melo Weekday Afternoon Lovers, despite my usual hesitation regarding the genre and adultery content in general, is because of this cast. I feel like each of the four leads, Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo), Lee Sang-yub (Top Star Yoo Baek), Ye Ji-won (Thirty But Seventeen), and Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae), are better known for either their comedic or action roles, so it’ll be interesting to see them take on this genre.

Read more on Dramabeans

Teaser #2

@irilight Thank you for sharing the 2nd teaser. I love the visuals of Park Hasun and Lee Sangyeob here... and only just belatedly realise that Jo Dong Hyuk is Jung Taesoo in Bad Guys (yes, I'm slow!) :sweatingbullets: So having known and enjoyed all 4 leads' performances in different dramas, I am definitely hoping that there will be that something that keeps me invested despite the premise.

On 6/3/2019 at 1:01 AM, liddi said:

@irilight Thank you for sharing the 2nd teaser. I love the visuals of Park Hasun and Lee Sangyeob here... and only just belatedly realise that Jo Dong Hyuk is Jung Taesoo in Bad Guys (yes, I'm slow!) :sweatingbullets: So having known and enjoyed all 4 leads' performances in different dramas, I am definitely hoping that there will be that something that keeps me invested despite the premise.

@liddi, interesting that you mentioned Jo Dong-Hyuk in Bad Guys,  because I have not watched it at the time it aired, but just now finished watching it on Netflix.  I loved him in that series,  and I loved the series, and the other main cast members.  I am eager to find more about his role, and also Ye Ji-Won.

@briseis,   I am loving these two new posters. Thank you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking for a love that has flown away in Channel A’s Weekday Afternoon Lovers

weekdayafternoon-teaser622.jpg

One of the reasons I’m looking forward to Channel A’s upcoming melo Weekday Afternoon Lovers, despite my usual hesitation regarding the genre and adultery content in general, is because of this cast. I feel like each of the four leads, Park Ha-sun (Drinking Solo), Lee Sang-yub (Top Star Yoo Baek), Ye Ji-won (Thirty But Seventeen), and Jo Dong-hyuk (Rude Miss Young-ae), are better known for either their comedic or action roles, so it’ll be interesting to see them take on this genre.

Read more on Dramabeans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please everyone, continue to submit license requests to Viki.  I am worried that they have not started a fan channel for it yet.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

423665fe45e54f3e89febdb76c6c5da1.jpeg?s=

Watch: Lee Sang Yeob, Park Ha Sun, Jo Dong Hyuk, And Ye Ji Won Taste Forbidden Love In New Drama Posters And Trailer

Upcoming Channel A drama “Love Affairs in the Afternoon” (tentative title) revealed new posters featuring the two main couples, played by Park Ha Sun, Lee Sang Yeob, Ye Ji Won, and Jo Dong Hyuk.

The drama is a remake of the 2014 Japanese drama “Hirugao: Love Affairs in the Afternoon,” which follows the trials and tribulations of adults who are faced with forbidden love.

In the new posters, the couples are bathed in a sunset glow, as if to foreshadow love and passion that burns bright and brief. Park Ha Sun and Lee Sang Yeob’s poster, in which the actors are both clothed in white, reads, “God, don’t test me,” while the other says, alongside the actors clothed in black, “Love is fleeting. It doesn’t befit us.”

love-affairs-in-the-afternoon-park-ha-su

love-affairs-in-the-afternoon-ye-ji-won-

In the latest trailer for the drama, Park Ha Sun is pictured nervously walking down the hallway of a hotel. When Lee Sang Yeob opens the door for her, he hastily pulls her in, shutting the door behind her. Park Ha Sun narrates, “Love has flown away. The moment you grabbed my hand, I finally saw the real me.”

“Love Affairs in the Afternoon” premieres July 5 at 11 p.m. KST.

source

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please make sure to "like" the article and also comment on it, to help us get this drama to Viki.

Also, please continue to submit license requests.

https://vikiinc.wufoo.com/forms/title-request-form/

Another teaser - this time featuring the second couple. I adore  Ye Ji-won and I loked Jo Dong-hyuk in Bad Guys, Lee Sang Yub was broke my heart in Jang Ok Jung and Park Ha Sun was good in Three Weeks plus I followed the original jdrama so I'm looking foward to the Korean version.

On 6/8/2019 at 8:27 PM, triplem said:

Hey @irilight great to see you here ! 

@triplem,  how wonderful to see you here too  :)

On 6/8/2019 at 6:40 PM, Lawyerh said:

I love the visual of the main couple and convinced after saw the 2nd trailer. They looks good together!

Me too...  I know this cast is awesome and can deliver!

On 6/8/2019 at 8:38 AM, briseis said:

Another teaser - this time featuring the second couple. I adore  Ye Ji-won and I loked Jo Dong-hyuk in Bad Guys, Lee Sang Yub was broke my heart in Jang Ok Jung and Park Ha Sun was good in Three Weeks plus I followed the original jdrama so I'm looking foward to the Korean version.

Thanks much @briseis.  I love the 2nd couple too. That is why I wrote this cast is awesome.

I actually just finished watching Bad Guys. What a great drama, and I loved Jo Dong-hyuk in it.
oh, I have not seen Jang Ok-Jung. Adding to my watch-list. Thank you!

New stills of Lee Sang Yeob and Park Ha-Sun.

D8rciXwUEAYRcyI.jpg

D8rcg43VsAAS4is.jpg

source

50 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

the main couple look like from 'innocent type' going "wild & scandalous' in overnight ? :lol::joy:

Dial down your expectations... It's a promo trailer, might not happen that way... :P 

Archived