[drama 2007] Air City 에어시티

ay_link

Gosh!!! Like hanihash, I told myself to MIA until next mon to come back with some spoilers. But but, what to do??? I saw GREAT stuff in the chinese forums I frequent and I was like, 'OMO, i must share with soompiers!!!!!'.

And coming here, I found goodies again!!! Thanks soonjap for the trans!!!!! Nothing beats the trans from a true Korean!

ok ok, soompiers, take a deep breath....here's what i found in chinese forum:

SPOILER ahead!http://nimg.empas.com/orgImg/ns/2007/06/14/NISI20070614_0004605532_web.jpg

They are saying this kiss scene may be at the end of ep10, so we will be left with a cliffhanger till the next weekend!

credits: http://www.kdocn.com/bbs/thread-228113-240-1.html

Those who understand chinese, do visit the above forum, lots and lots of news and updates......oh no, I can't be in soompi now....I must go back to translating flowers! LOL

the secret weapon perhaps??? hehehehehe.... cant wait for the weekend now... exams are officially over!!!!!! yay!!!!! (as long as i dont get called back for orals and as long as i pass, that is)... heh... anyway, i must say i learn a lot from soompi forum... not only about korean stuff, but about things worldwide and other ppl's opinion on things... it's great that there's so much info being exchanged in this forum. And the best part is, the majority of us are united here by our interest in Kdramas, songs etc. :) One big happy family...

Guest josephinep

I can't read Chinese too but just went there....240+ pages...just browse through to see pictures posted there also good enough. Wow, very active forum indeed there.

I wonder where these forumers are from.....mainly Taiwan or China ? AC is a 'HOT' topic internationally.

Indeed, China fans love AC very much because of skillful acting of the 2 great actors JW and LJJ !!!

LJJ is not really handsome(I met him in person) but his body language and real acting will attract anyone 's eyes. JW is my first korean idol!!! I love the chemistry between them.

AS some people think that HJ is a good guy!!! I agred that If we just stood on HDK's side, HJ protected and a good listener to HDK. Is it real HJ ?? HJ betrayed the KJS's colleague by telling out North Korean woman's case. Poor Work ability !!!

Guest apple red

tks for the pic ay_link

beside the 3 J, her character steal attention from ours...hehehe.

She's supposed to be on comedy drama ..i hope someday we'll watch her on another drama.

Wow, Josephinep

you met LJJ in person ? You're so lucky

I agree that LJJ is not the most handsome one, but his acting is the one very captivated about this guy..

Secret weapon, spoiler ??? :P

Translation by Hyc

http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php...amp;ai_id=73410

2007/06/14

Kiss scene of Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jung Jae

73410_l.jpg

Hanryu stars Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jung Jae had done the kiss scene. It is one of the MBC drama 'Air city' scenes. The relation between CJW and LJJ has deepened due to the desperate fight and the drug event, etc. that risk their life in Hong Kong. The two persons exchange kisses amid the sea breeze on an island in the west coast (sorry, not sure of the name), verifying their love for each other.

In the 9th episode to be broadcasted on 16th, LJJ with injury in his abdomen returns to Korea alone and faces disciplinary action for disobeying orders. CJW feels responsible for the drug case and sends in her resignation. Lee Jin Wook gets a hero’s reception for helping in the cracking of HK gang. Moon Jung Hee learns that LJJ and CJW go to the island which she and LJJ always went in the past.

Airport cyber terrorization has occurred causing the slow down of airplanes take off and landing, and the airport is paralyzed. In the later half part, the emphasis is added to the making of phony US dollar, etc. The love triangle relationship between LJJ, CJW and LJW intensifies.

'Air city' had drawn attention before broadcasting with a production cost of six billion won, and a cast including CJW and LJJ that return to TV drama after a long interval. It was sold to Japan before it is being aired.

© Innolife & Digital YTN & Joynews24 & inews24

Guest apr20rose

thanks Hyc for the translation!! it's getting more and more exciting.. can't wait for the next episode!

thanks Hyc for the translation!! it's getting more and more exciting.. can't wait for the next episode!

hi apr20rose...

me too can't wait for their kiss (CJW & KJJ)..

i alredy watched epi 1-5... with eng sub...

dito na lang tayo ha...

Guest apr20rose

hi apr20rose...

me too can't wait for their kiss (CJW & KJJ)..

i alredy watched epi 1-5... with eng sub...

dito na lang tayo ha...

hello yujien...

tama ka dyan... mabuti pa dito mga intelihente ang mga tao..

me too i've already watched up to ep. 5...

waiting for the eng subs for eps. 6-8..

thanks to all the translators and the subbing team.. we really appreciate everything you've done in order for us to have a better understanding of this drama.. :D

Secret weapon, spoiler ??? :P

Translation by Hyc

http://contents.innolife.net/news/list.php...amp;ai_id=73410

2007/06/14

Kiss scene of Choi Jiwoo and Lee Jung Jae

http://contents.innolife.net/mobile/img/item/73410_l.jpg

In the 9th episode to be broadcasted on 16th, LJJ with injury in his abdomen returns to Korea alone and faces disciplinary action for disobeying orders. CJW feels responsible for the drug case and sends in her resignation. Lee Jin Wook gets a hero’s reception for helping in the cracking of HK gang. Moon Jung Hee learns that LJJ and CJW go to the island which she and LJJ always went in the past.

Addition to the island scene from the chinese news article. :P

http://www.innolife.com/list.php?ac_id=14&ai_id=11440

Moon Jung Hee still has interest to pursue their relationship. When she learns that LJJ has gone to the island she goes there too.

OMG, think there are 2 love triangles here, KJS>HDG<KHJ, HDG>KJS<SMW. Getting more complicated and interesting now. :sweatingbullets::lol:

Guest apple red

Moon Jung Hee still has interest to pursue their relationship. When she learns that LJJ has gone to the island she goes there too.

OMG, think there are 2 love triangles here, KJS>HDG<KHJ, HDG>KJS<SMW. Getting more complicated and interesting now. :sweatingbullets::lol:

What about KHJ ? he come along too ?

So it's pretty crowded surely :lol:

anyway what are they doing on the islands ? I mean is this trip during HDG's resignation ? or they pursue another bad guy again ?

What about KHJ ? he come along too ?

So it's pretty crowded surely :lol:

anyway what are they doing on the islands ? I mean is this trip during HDG's resignation ? or they pursue another bad guy again ?

I think they are probably taking a break. Since KJS is facing disciplinary action(maybe got suspended for a certain period :P ) and HDG has sent in her resignation. :lol:

Guest curios2k

I know that because Korean dramas are being filmed concurrently while airing that there are apt to be little mistakes here and there due to reshot scenes and the like, but being Korean and Korean-speaking, I find I'm a little more critical when the storylines don't make sense. Maybe it's the Korean in me that has high expectations of these dramas, particularly when they're big-budget (the most expensive series to air to date) and powered by big stars.

I'm glad you're like the series as they are. I hope you continue to like it even with all the nonsensical aspects to it, but for ME, those aspects distract ME from truly enjoying this series, and not what people write about. I mean, I wouldn't write about them if I didn't have any problems with the series. And feel freely to completely disregard any posts you don't like or disagree with. I know I do the same thing. But I must contend that people also should have the right to post their opinions even if it's not in agreement to anyone else's. As long as the posts are done in a professional way, I think it very possible and valuable to have discussions like this in a public arena.

I spoke to my cousin in Seoul, who works for an audio engineering company and MBC received tons of complaints from viewers who also found the inconsistent storylines problematic, which is why the writers have been told to review the scripts for future episodes from the big MBC honchos and the director. I hope the writer for "All In" has more of an influence than the one who wrote "Model". The storyline for "All In" was fantastic! Great action yet sweet love scenes...it was a pleasure to watch it. But having watched "Model" (lots of flash but no substance), I realize now who wrote which episodes. I just hope they can get it together.

Here are the translated lyrics to this song. No taking this out of this thread at Soompi without permission except for Ay_Link. No to anyone else.

==

Thank you soonjap for your insightful comments. It does help me as a non-Korean understand and see Kdramas differently. It is big budget (6 billion won) committed for this drama series (besides having big stars and all). If they (MBC) are willing to spend big money on this drama they have to make it worth their investment! Period. The ratings does mean a BIG deal to them because if it didn't then they wouldn't have bothered to change their staff writers or re-write their script.

One unique thing I like about Kdrama is that it's being filmed and aired concurrently, unlike some dramas where sometimes many epsiode shootings are done months ahead. This Kdrama concurrent filming means that the ending may turn out differently than the original script had intended due to strong feedback (or protests) from viewers. So as audience and viewers, we do have a "say" (or "decisive factor", I don't quite know how to phrase it) in the final ending or how the story unfolds. A perfect example of this is "Beautiful Days" in which the original script had intended for CJW's character to die in the end but due to strong protest from viewers they had to re-write the script and let her "live" :-). Another example is "Sarang" in which the theme was unpopular at the time (relationship between a young man in his 20s and a widow in her 30s) that they had to cast CJW in the 9th or 10th episode till the end of the series (20 eps?) to bring up their ratings...from what I heard. With Dae Jang Geum drama - while the ratings was high from 40% to 50% - (I really enjoyed this long drama by the way) they had intended for YMK's character to die earlier but due to viewers' protest or complaints (again) the producers at MBC sort of "delayed" her death till much later in subsequent episodes... Sorry I have strayed too far away from the A.C discussion topic but I just wanted to cite those examples that many of the members in this forum are already familiar with to re-iterate what I meant about "viewer's decisive factor" - which is a unique attribute in Kdramas - in my humble opinion. It's a given. Nothing new here.

I also agree with hanihash and other members in this forum that Kdramas now have a global audience for quite a while- not just Korean audience. A.C. episodes have been shown nearly half way (8 out of 20 eps) and they are attempting some "quick fixes" while they can to bring up the ratings not just for their domestic audience but for the international audience as well. Reading through some of the recent posts I was amazed how this drama series has stirred up so much diverse & interesting discussion here and in other forums also. That is quite a phenomenon for a drama! This is one of the most active threads that I have seen so far, not including the Chinese language forums that msau99 mentioned about. BTW, thanks for the update msau99!

I have learned something from this drama that I haven't learned before. The tofu given to HDG after she was released was a cultural thing (thanks javabeans for the valuable explanation on her postings---it was quite helpful). I am learning a few Korean phrases here and there but have not managed to memorize the entire alphabet just yet! I watched the first few AC episodes without subtitles and therefore I had no clues besides making some guesses based on the characters' facial and verbal expression plus a few English phrases in the dialogue exchanges in the first episode on the airplane. My family members thought I must have been crazy for watching Kdrama without subtitles -:) My daughter said that she must find a cure for my "koreanitis" or Kdrama addiction (in a joking way!). I had problems with D/L the English Subs for A.C. eps from WITHS2 (I am...not very bright and not very patient when it comes to computers..lol.) Later on I found Vietsubs A.C. episodes and boy... was I glad to have found them on krfilm.net thanks to another Kdrama Vietfansite . It was like "heaven-sent". Thanks to the Vietsubbing team for their hard work (amidst their busy schedule during semester final exams...etc..) They are done with ep.7 Vietsubs and I have already watched ep.8 w/o subtitles while waiting for the Vietsubs on ep.8. Reading posts from javabeans helps a lot.

I also found it incredible when HDG was released she took off to HK! She was still a suspect in this drug case and how could she leave her post just like that? As her boss I wouldn't have approved of her departure. Come on! This is a big airport with tens of thousands of passengers going through daily. She is the chief of airport operations with a large staff base & many responsibilities....can't just leave after being released. And another thing, KHJ could have been killed for his rash action by the thugs in HK while trying to look for KJung Min but the producers had to let him live because he's one of the main leads (LOL). But all flaws aside, I like agent Im for her "jumpy" spunky character. I think she is the most amusing character, perhaps to provide some comic relief :) and some kind of balance for this action packed drama? :-). She is quite good in those fast action stunt scenes in HK too.

Sorry for my rambling of 1 cent's worth.

Guest andrewujin

hmmm... very interesting triangles :lol: ... i just hope that its a fight between good and good ... not like most of the kdrama is the extreme evil vs extreme good.. ie that they use their good side to try to win the person over, not their evil side.. it'll be nice to see that for a change..

Guest acemaverick

josephinep and others, thanks for clearing up the relationship between KJS' boss and himself.

msau99, thanks so much for the pic and also the link to the Chinese forum . The pic is getting us all so very excited !

I can't read Chinese too but just went there....240+ pages...just browse through to see pictures posted there also good enough. Wow, very active forum indeed there.

I wonder where these forumers are from.....mainly Taiwan or China ? AC is a 'HOT' topic internationally.

:rolleyes:

suspect that they are from eith taiwan or hong kong, cos the characters which they wrote are all traditional ones. china usually does simplified, so does singapore. :)

Guest soonjap

thanks so much soonjap for the translation. :) ..oh by the way, the second bridge :

하루만 (하루만) 단 하루만 (단 하루만)

너의 친구 아닌 너의 여자로 만났으면

^ this part is the girl sing so i think should be "meet you as a woman"... instead of "meet you as a man"

thanks so much.. hmm.. now going to decode the message :lol:

Aw heck...I should have read that more carefully. I just glanced at it and assumed it was the same as the first one and just copied and pasted without a 2nd review. Will go back to edit. Thanks for the tip!

Guest fivemagic

I was just here yesterday and man, this thread is really going uphill and I can't seem to catch up with everyone.........oh well, I'll just have to go back to where I left off yesterday and looked thru some recent posts.........that will a good start......... :rolleyes:

OK, I was looking here and saw a pic of JW and LJJ in a kissing scene that's going to be shown in episode 9, so I can't wait to see it, but I am looking forward to see it from kassuma when she upload it in veoh video network.

Some much stuff is happening so fast and it's hard to keep track of what's happening on AC........hopefully someone here like Felicia, rosepetal, dramalover, Hyc, ripgal, and everybody else (too many names to mention) can submit a synopsis of what's happening from episode 1 to episode 8 here on this AC thread.........would very much appreciated and BIG thanks in advance. Since some of us have not seen most or all the episodes being shown so far, it would be really great if anyone can do us a BIG favor and post their synopsis here.

Guest Rosepetal

AIR CITY - EPISODE 9 PREVIEW SUMMARY

Weekend Special Project Drama

June 16, 2007 Saturday 9:40 - 10:50 P.M.

LEE JUNG-JAE, CHOI JI-WOO, LEE JIN-WOOK, MOON JUNG-HEE

Do-Gyung (Choi Ji-Woo) is proven innocent of the charges of possession of drugs, however, she gets severe disciplinary actions from the company. Unlike what her co-workers worry about her being depressed, she works harder and more focused on her job more than ever.

Suh Myoung-Woo (Moon Jung-Hee) finds out from Jae-Moo ( Jang Yong - NIS Bureau Chief) whereabouts of Ji-Sung who has disappeared somewhere. She goes to a village in a remote island to discover Ji-Sung who is suffering with high fever all alone.

The next morning, Myoung-Woo (Dr. Suh - MJH) tells Ji-Sung that she doesn't want him to suffer anymore because of her.

(trailer: "I don't want you to be dragged around by your past, I want you to go on and be happy & comfortable!")

On the other hand, Headquarter Operation Team plans for a unification rally (staff retreat) and the team starts to explore an appropriate location and Do-Gyung suggests to the team to go to Jang Seong-Do where Ji-Sung is staying.

(trailer: Ha-Joon (LJW) asks Do-Gyung "Are you curious to know where Ji-Sung is? Do you want me to find out for you?")

Meanwhile,Airport Headquarter Operation Team gets a phone call regarding a bomb threat and the entire airport goes into chaotic crisis.

Archived